Blockbuster $9.99 games-local only?

maxdusty

CAGiversary!
They're back (at least at my local store, don't know if it's at all locations but they were sent copies from the central office -as opposed to selling off the local surplus rental copies). My local store got three boxes worth of solely 360 games without the original game cases. They weren't put on the shelves as of yet, but they were all labelled and getting ready to do so. Had some cool people that worked there that gave me a look at the games while they were still available. Was able to buy Call of Duty : World at War. They also had Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1, Gears of War 2, Grid, Saints Row 2, 1 copy of Left 4 Dead. Quite a number of other titles that I can't remember offhand as I wasn't interested in them. Just might go back to get a few copies of other games I can use for flipping.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']Ok so if i call them, Do i ask them, do you have the 9.99 clear case games like halo 3/Cod4?[/QUOTE]
Yes...or if they need more specific info this is what's on my label and receipt:"X360-Prepack POG w/o cover art "
The serial number I show is"44-26062-275837-2". All the games of this type regardless of title seem to have this generic description and sku.

Picked up last 2 copies call of duty 4 (360) for me & friend. Still lot GTA 4 at BB 291 & 23rd Street (By Hyvee's) Independence, MO. :)

Baldwin, NY -- Had about 5 copies of COD: World at War with today's date on the barcode. Marked $44.99, asked them to check in system and was told that the marked price was correct.

One out of my 4 local Blockbuster stores had the disc only games for 9.99.

Best titles seen were Fallout 3, Saints Row 2, CoD 4 MW, FEAR 2, and GTA IV. I already had all those, so I settled for FarCry 2 and Spiderman Web of Shadows.

Milford CT store had their "x360 prepack pog w/o cover art" in a bin hidden in a random corner of the store. I almost left without finding it. Def call ahead with the product # and don't let on about what games are out there. When I got to the register, the Blockbuster employee was surprised by what I had found and told me he was going to buy a couple of these games if they had any more.

I was able to get Resident Evil 5, CoD4, WaW, Fable 2, GTA4, and Gears 2. Pretty stoked as I did not own any of these before. They still have a few copies of left 4 dead, fallout 3, gta4, and a few others I forget. Great deal thanks guys.

I went to 4 or 5 BBV stores in NYC, none of them had 360/PS3 games for $9.99. Except maybe NFL Head Coach , I think....

[quote name='dap1mp13']I went to 4 or 5 BBV stores in NYC, none of them had 360/PS3 games for $9.99. Except maybe NFL Head Coach , I think....[/QUOTE]
yea i went to a couple in Queens. all i found was FEAR2

I went to two stores. One didn't have any games, and the other had GTAIV (which I already have), Fallout (I'd rather get GOTY later than the original sans case, manual and DLC now), and...that was about it.

This isn't quite the wonderful sale I'd hoped for. I was hoping to get COD4 on the cheap, but no luck there...

Blockbuster store next to Kroger on Long Prairie Rd / Cross Timbers in Flower Mound, TX is closing. 20% off used games. 10% of new games.

Not much selection though, and the used prices aren't that great to begin with. However, I picked up (all Xbox360) Fear Files $5.60, Top Spin 3 $5.40, Lego Batman $12, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic $5.40, Pro Evo 2007 $4

OK, I went back to my local BB and got 2 copies of COD 4 to trade. I also got them to give me cover art for them. If your BB has the following games below, I will do a 1 for 1 trade.

Lemme know if you guys can get them.

Looking for:

COD WaW
Left 4 Dead
Gears of War 2
Fallout 3

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']picked up

ninja gaiden sigma 2
tekken 6
uncharted
killzone 2
mariokart wii

all 9.99! thanks op!

oh...

j/k[/QUOTE]
What was the point of this terrible post?

[quote name='hawaiiboy']If this is a corporate store then x360 prepacks are $6.99 and the part number is 241932 unless they've come up with a new part number. I will be able to check tomorrow. Could be a new part number if they are $9.99 and some newer titles. In the previous prepacks I didn't hear or see any gears 2 or cod world at war. The last set of prepacks were few and far between so it's probably a very ymmv.

I think this should go to the Bbv thread since it's been discussed there every other time.[/QUOTE]

My store just got a box of Wii, so it definitely varies as we got no 360's.

As for the SKU's, they're different on every round of prepacks, for examples the Wii ones we got are under Wii-Prepack POG w/o coverart Sept 09. So they aren't the same everytime.

Got some nice stuff at Temple City in SoCal.
3 copies of CoD:WaW
2 copies of CoD4:MW
Fallout 3
Fear 2
and Gears of War 2
All of them have no scratches and were 9.99

Picked up the following from a few BBV in Orange County, CA. Most of them were last copies at the store though.

- UFC: Undisputed
- Resident Evil 5
- SFIV
- COD IV
- COD WAW
- Bioshock
- Saints Row 2

These were the stores I stopped by and what they had after I left:

- Magnolia & Atlanta (had a few copies of GTAIV, a copy of SFIV, and mainly older sports games)
- Main & Yorktown (couple of copies of GTAIV)
- Brookhurst & Edinger (couldn't find any)
- Harbor Blvd @ Costa Mesa (couldn't find any)
- Alton & Jeffery (copy of Bioshock, and mainly sports and guitar hero games)
- Alton & Culver (couldn't find any)

Not to Hijack.....

Blockbuster announced that they are closing stores back in September. I found 2 stores here in NC closing and i watched them closely to understand the process. They are selling everything in the store down to the fixtures. They mark the prices back up to regular price and they mark them down from there. This is not always the best discount. However, people tend to buy things just because it says "Sale" on it. The best prices can be had during the last 2 weeks of the sale but the items selection is usually limited.

The deals start at 30% off for preplayed games and newer preplayed games will cost 54.99 so you will get it for like $40 which isn't a bad deal for a game that recently launched. Older games are cheaper and are totally worth it if you can find a game that you have been looking for at a good used price.

Fixtures are good only if you buy then in the last week before the store closes. I purchased one of the DVD wall shelves for $10. They had to destroy another shelf to get all the pieces and i had to use nails to put part of it back together but at that price it was so worth it.

They also have DVDs without cases for $3 if you can catch some good ones left.

The most important part is finding one of the Blockbusters that are going out of business (Easily identifiable by the signs in the window) and knowing when to buy what...

If you need any more information, contact me and i will be happy to assist you in any way i can.

Went back yet again to look at the games to see what I could use for trade material and also to help a fellow CaGer score a copy of CoD: WaW.
For myself, I was looking for any games that was on the list for ahem, another chain store's trade 2 get a game for $20 promo. All the games that could have been used were gone (Saints Row 2, Red Faction, and of course Cod:MW and WaW), I tell you, there are some pretty savvy employees working at my store! Funny thing is that the games were still in the box behind the counter yet to be shelved so I would say most of the purchases have been primarily by employees. What was initially 3 boxes worth was now down to 1 box of games that were picked clean of all the highly desired titles even before they hit the shelves for the general public. So rule of thumb as several posts have mentioned, if you find out your local store has these games available, don't call and ask if a particular game you desire is available.. remember, that person on the other line just might be a gamer like you and I and want the game you're calling about.

Just got back from a BB, and I was pretty amazed at how many 9.99 games they had. Sure they're only CD, no original box/manual, but for 9.99 what does it matter. I saw games like:

- Smackdown vs. Raw 09
- Soul Calibur IV
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare
- GTA IV
- Call of Duty: World at War

And many others. Pretty solid deals.

:( no deal like this @ my Local blockbuster. Only had normal priced games. I saw Red Faction for 30 bucks, gears 2 30 bucks, Fallout 3 30 bucks and stuff life that so i just left :(

Just came back from the West Covina,CA location on Asuza and Amar. For those looking for copies of Gears of Wars 2 or Resident Evil 5 on 360, they had at least 5 of each, though clear boxes only.

They had several others, but nothing memorable like COD:WAW. I managed to snag a copy of Prototype myself, but it was the last one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to several local BB's here in the western burbs of Chicago and all the $9.99 titles sucked. The only good used title I saw was Killzone 2 for $35. The only Call of Duty title I saw was CoD: World at War and it was $45 used for the PS3 :(

[quote name='the_legend_of_drtre']to piss YOU off. Did it work?
:lol:[/QUOTE]
Not on me. Cuz you forgot to put a 2 after Uncharted ;)

Picked Up Saints Row 2 and Fallout 3 for Xbox 360 to trade in for New Super Mario Bros. Wii. My store had tons of Fallout 3's as of today so if anybody could find me a Fable 2 I would love to trade.

just throwing this out there, i picked up a copy of call of duty modern warfare, was looking to do a swap for world at war, if anyone is interested throw me a pm.

If anyone wants to trade a copy of World at War, I will trade my copy of Gears 2. It comes with the case and manual.

[quote name='FrankTheFrowner']Oceanside, NY store had nothing today.[/QUOTE]

Oceanside, nice! A lot of my family lives in Island Park.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I trade-in Call of Duty 4 & The Bigs 2 for New Super Mario bros. (wii) $10.81 out the door ;)[/QUOTE]

Good idea. I will do that with the two copies of Fallout 3 I got yesterday. They do take duplicate trade-ins right?

[quote name='hoofrog']Good idea. I will do that with the two copies of Fallout 3 I got yesterday. They do take duplicate trade-ins right?[/QUOTE]

Nope, they do NOT take duplicates of the same game.

Tried another BB here in town. They did get some games, but looks like the employees already went through them. Only thing decent was COD4.

Went back today to a store that didn't have any of the disc only games when I was there on Thursday.

This time found CoD5 WaW and Halo 3 for 9.99 each.

They also had RE5, MLB 2K9, and assorted other games that I already had or wasn't interested in.

bread's done
Back