Blockbuster/Gamerush Deals Thread! 50% off NEW NINTENDO

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoryCubed

CAGiversary!
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR Blockbuster/GAMERUSHs and Traditional Blockbusters (pm/post with any suggestions)

Trade 3 get any preowned for $5 valid at regular Blockbuster stores as well as the Buy 2 get 1 Free.

If your in the Oklahoma City area stop by my store at Hefner and Rockwell. I just moved there so I have a lot of work to do so bare with me.

If your a flipper/scammer at least spare my store the crap titles unless its for presales...thanks.

Flipping discussion is here.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=994838#post994838

Current Deals

Trade 3 games get any preowned for $5. May 17 - September 5

This deal is being modified in many locations due to abuse. OH well

Beginning May 17 - September 5, trade 3 games get any preowned for $5. PSP, NDS, GBA, Xbox, Gcube, and PS2 only. No sports games before '04 and no Freestyle Street Soccer, or minigames/demo discs (the usuals).

May be restricted to titles $44.99 and lower though YMMV.
Same restrictions as above

Trade 2 games and get New Releases and Pre-Orders for $29.99 til September 5th (subject to change)

Should go till September 5th. New releases and Preorder games only $29.99 with 2 game trades (see exclusions above or aka the usual).

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.
Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

Previously buy 2 get 1 free

Several PS1 deals

Buy one new PS1 gamee, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

Buy any 5 preowned PS1 Games for $20!
Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 10 preowned PS1 games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

Both deals become $5 for $15 on Tuesday, May 17.

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter
2 out= $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

PAST DEALS (for informational purposes only!)

Pre-order a new game for $34.99 or less when you trade 2 games

Offer expires 03/14/2005. Trade 2 games and receive standard trade value plus get any pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $34.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 or older sports games. Discount valid in the same transaction as games traded. Standard trade value may be used in same or different transaction as pre-order. Offer not valid on DVDs, previously rented movies, pre-owned games or sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Offer not valid on collector’s edition or limited edition pre-order games. Full pre-order amount must be paid in full at time of pre-order. Discount taken at register. Member responsible for applicable taxes. Available at participating stores while supplies last. Subject to trading terms and conditions, see trading brochure for complete details. Games traded without pre-order will receive standard trade value only.

Buy two PS1 games, get 1 PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only.

Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 5 used PS1 games for $20.

Buy 10 PS1 Games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

Buy any game and get it's strategy guide for 20% off.

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Buy any 2 used games and get a game, of equal or lesser value to the lowest price of the 2 games, free.

All New Games and Preorders $29.99 when you Trade 3 Games

Offer expires 1/31/2005. Trade 3 games and receive standard trade value plus get any new release or pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $29.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 sports games or older.

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

What can I trade?

Trading Formats: PSP, DS, Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

ALL STORES WILL BE ACCEPTING PSP MOVIES FOR TRADE AS OF 5/3/05 possibly sooner. (some are in there but not most of the current releases).

Some Credit Values as of
05/17/05 (Thanks and Credit goes to galvatron2k1)

Area 51 (PS2 XBOX) $26
ATV: Offroad Fury (PSP) $22
Cold Winter $25
Delta Force Black Hawk Down $35
Devil May Cry 3 $30
Donkey Konga 2 $20
Doom 3 $30
Enthusia Pro Racing $20
Fight Night 2004 (XBOX PS2) $8
Forza Motorsport $32
Full Spectrum Warrior (PS2) $10
God of War $30
Gran Turismo 4 $30
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee (PSP) $24
Jade Empire $30
Kingdom Hearts (PS2) $8
Kingdom Under Fire $8
Lego Star Wars (GBA) $11
Lego Star Wars (XBOX PS2) $20
Major League Baseball 2K5 (XBOX PS2) $10
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS2) $8????
Midnight Club 3 (Ps2 XBOX) $34
MX Unleashed $8
Mx vs. ATV Unleashed $20
Myst IV: Revelation (XBOX) $8
NBA Street Showdown (PSP) $28
Need for Speed Underground (NDS) $24
Pariah $28
Pokemon Colosseum $8
Pokemon Emerald (GBA) $20
Predator: Concrete Jungle (XBOX PS2) $20
Psychonauts $26
Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 $30
Simpsons: Hit and Run (PS2) $8
Sonic Heroes (XBOX) $8
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (PS2 XBOX Cube) $30
Star Wars Ep. 3 (NDS) $24
Star Wars Ep. 3 (Ps2 Xbox) $35
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (XBOX) $8
Super Mario Sunshine $8
Unreal Championship 2 $35
Untold Legends: Brotherhood (NDS)? $22

PSP Hardware $170
XBOX Hardware $95
PS2 Hardware $90
PsOne Hardware $11

Accessories
Universal Steering Wheel and Pedal (any brand) - $15
Gamecube Memory Card 8MB (any brand) - $3
Gamecube Memory Card 4MB (Nintendo brand) - $3
PS2 Multitap (Sony brand) - $10
PS2 Memory Card (any brand) - $7
XBOX AV Cable (any brand) - $2
XBOX Steering Wheel and Pedal (any brand) - $15
XBOX DVD Remote - $14
XBOX Controller (any brand) - $6
XBOX Light Gun (any brand) - $6
XBOX Dance Pad (any brand) - $5
XBOX Headset Only (any brand) - $2

Credit for the following goes to video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

This is becoming less common very quickly. Probably down to about 50% accurate.

They Sell/They Buy
$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00
$49.99 / $35.00-38.00

Can't think of anything to pre-order? Here's some ideas that are in the system... Credit to spin 03 and ksuwild25

Note on Game Rush release dates...keeping checking throughout Tuesday and Wednesday as thats when Game Rush gets games usually - never ever trust the Game Rush computer as it still goes by the Blockbuster date for traditional stores to receive their rental games (which is typically Friday).

Unreal Champ. 2 XB
Delta Force Black Hawk XB
Far Cry XB
Darkwatch XB/PS2
Area 51 XB/PS2
Warriors PS2
Dead to Rights II XB/PS2
Killer 7 GC
Destroy All Human PS2/XB
Forza Racing XB
Advent Rising XB
Star Wars Episode III PS2/XB
Conker XB
Jade Empire XB
Rainbox Six XB
Zelda GC
Batman Begins XB/PS2
GTA: SA XB
Madden 2006 XB/PS2
NCAA Footaball 2006
Kingdom Hearts 2 PS2
Final Fantasy XII PS2
Battelfied XB/PS2
Starcraft XB/PS2
Fantastic Four XB/PS2
Hitman Blood Money PS2/XB
Mortal Kombat Shoalin Monk PS2/XB
RE 4 PS2
Gran Turismo PSP
Grand Theft Auto PSP
Socom III (PS2)
Quake IV (PS2/Xbox)
Sid Meir's Pirates (Xbox)
Fire Emblem (GC)
Geist (GC)
The Godfather (PS2/Xbox)

OTHER INFO

I consider deals confirmed when I receive the MAP on every other Thursday. The Map outlines promos and how the store is to be layed out and includes the barcodes for the deals. Also we get the new trade flyers that day as well with new trade values and deals.

Deals usually end on close of business on Monday and begin on open Tuesday (some special ones do start on Thursday usually around labor day, memorial day, etc.)

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you.

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not always have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (by flipping games) they do have the abillity to ban you from all GameRush locations if they want to (and as I have done but that was only because I was tired of crap PS1...).

Release dates - Go by the shipping date. 9 times out of 10 it is not what the Blockbuster computer says. The computer date is when traditional stores can expect to receive their rental games.

Game Rush receives games typically on Tuesday and Wednesday of the games release. Only reason EB and Gamestop get them a day before is because they get special shipments or their dm picks the games up and brings back that evening (or they are near distribution centers).

Some games have street dates but this is few and far between (outrun 2, halo 2, star wars episode 3, doom 3 are it in the past 6 months).

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

Don't seem to be working anymore...I will put them back up on request(pm) or if they become live again.

Credits

sj41 and waffles 'n' syrup (same person)- Original creator and maintainer of the other GameRush threads. He has made most of the things in this post.
Wshakspear- Told CAG about GameRush.
CoryCubed- Manager at a GameRush that has given us several updates on the deals and other information about GameRush. He will now take place of me (sj41) as the GameRush OP.
drfrielgood- GameRush employee that has been updating us on GameRush information constantly.
Zon27- Nearly every week he has typed and posted the latest trade in prices. Thanks for doing all you can to help us out, even though you're not a GameRush employee.
And everyone else who has contributed to this thread. Thanks guys! :)

[quote name='Tequilla Gundam']I work at Gamerush....Manager says they are doing a National Bulletin to all GRs to prevent trading cheap worthless games to take advantage of deals..More customers are starting to get banned who do this..There is your warning. Your account will be terminated and your value card money lost.[/QUOTE]

did you guys suspend your deal yet

[quote name='Tequilla Gundam']I work at Gamerush....Manager says they are doing a National Bulletin to all GRs to prevent trading cheap worthless games to take advantage of deals..More customers are starting to get banned who do this..There is your warning. Your account will be terminated and your value card money lost.[/QUOTE]

Wait, i thought no matter what they cant not take the money off your value card? they can only suspend and frozen your account and your account money right?

Now I understand why they get mad if you buy crappy cheap games from them and then turn around and flip them. But I find it a bit ignorant that they will jump all over you for trading in crappy games when its THEIR deal. Just exclude some games or something. I mean I understand why they wouldn't want 20 copies of Haven or BMX XXX but who's job is it to say "Well this guy traded in X amount of shit games....ban him" Flippers SHOULD be banned for doing that...but what if you are just clearing out your older games?

[quote name='sweet_gorgor']Wait, i thought no matter what they cant not take the money off your value card? they can only suspend and frozen your account and your account money right?[/QUOTE]
that would be a big wrong, they can take it all back and even get your preorders, thats why i have nothing with them. i used all my value cards for a new psp and cancelled all my preorders, that was almost 500 dollars. i figured if they bann me for life i got everything i wanted and they got what they wanted

[quote name='jousley']Now I understand why they get mad if you buy crappy cheap games from them and then turn around and flip them. But I find it a bit ignorant that they will jump all over you for trading in crappy games when its THEIR deal. Just exclude some games or something. I mean I understand why they wouldn't want 20 copies of Haven or BMX XXX but who's job is it to say "Well this guy traded in X amount of shit games....ban him" Flippers SHOULD be banned for doing that...but what if you are just clearing out your older games?[/QUOTE]

Flippers should not get banned first off, their loop hole we found it so ha. so lets get back on topic which is deals at gr i think another thread about banning

[quote name='DamingR']Does anybody know of any games that will "trade even" with GS or EB? Meaning, any games that I can pay X for and trade in to BB for X?

Any games that are close?

I have been buying used games specifically to trade in, and would like to lose as little money in the trade-in as possible.[/QUOTE]

Sheesh you just want it all, don't ya? ;)

[quote name='camelking6969']Flippers should not get banned first off, their loop hole we found it so ha. so lets get back on topic which is deals at gr i think another thread about banning[/QUOTE]

In the immortal words of "The Dude" "Well..thats just like..your opinion man"

It might be a loop hole, but its like flaunting it back in their face. I mean its just like you ASKING to be banned and have them not have anymore good deals. Some deals are too GOOD to be true...and when you push them even further trying to squeeze every last drop of cheapness out of it, you kill it. Or it kills you...I need coffee.

[quote name='jousley']Now I understand why they get mad if you buy crappy cheap games from them and then turn around and flip them. But I find it a bit ignorant that they will jump all over you for trading in crappy games when its THEIR deal. Just exclude some games or something. I mean I understand why they wouldn't want 20 copies of Haven or BMX XXX but who's job is it to say "Well this guy traded in X amount of shit games....ban him" Flippers SHOULD be banned for doing that...but what if you are just clearing out your older games?[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY. The "cheap worthless games" need to be added to the exclusion list. Why would you start banning people for trading games in that are allowed under the fine print of the deals? NO WAY that gets enforced fairly or uniformly, unless the games are part of a list that the customer is aware of.

[quote name='io']EXACTLY. The "cheap worthless games" need to be added to the exclusion list. Why would you start banning people for trading games in that are allowed under the fine print of the deals? NO WAY that gets enforced fairly or uniformly, unless the games are part of a list that the customer is aware of.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they either need to start coming up with a more extensive exclusion list, or think twice before putting a deal like this out there. Either way, I suspect this is the last great Gamerush deal. I'm sure they'll continue to be better than EB and Gamestop, but they're obviously going to start being more strict about every aspect of their trading system in the future.

Anyone know if Gamerush dropped the used price of Suikoden IV?

They had it for 31.99 here when it was 39.99 new, and now that the game is 29.99 new I'm hoping for a 22 or 23 dollar used price.

[quote name='camelking6969'],roufuss i think would be 22.99 if i am not wrong[/QUOTE]

Thanks... that's what I'm hoping for.

Anyone else can confirm this? I'd call up the local Gamerush, but they usually don't answer the phone, and when they do they have no clue about their own stock.

I have some fairly big news and largely informative Game Rush information from my meeting from xbox360-flipping-part numbers. (this may be long) possible bad news too. They guy I met with was really impressive for a corporate person. He was formally at EBgames and was reason for some of their top performing stores. I remember a post, it was either here or gaming-age someone talking about an ebgame/gamestop guy getting into the upper echelons of blockbuster/gamerush and changing things up. Well its happening. I'll be editing and typing this so I can save it as I go along.

First off on the xbox360 part number and xbox360 reserves. Games are in fact in the system. Under what I don't know (I'll find them Friday though Monday I tried all possibles such as x360, xbox2, xbox360, everything I could think of. He said that the games are in there but they screwed up the prices as they are infact going to $59.99.

As for the system reserves. Blockbuster is being told by microsoft that allocution will be extremely limited. In fact if this guy is to be believed, gamestop and eb are already over there limits and are just taking the reserves to get them.

Blockbuster will have the xbox360 hardware in the system by sometime in July at the latest.

On another note about part numbers. Ever wonder why some of the lesser Atlus RPGS and Mario Kart and Animal crossing are not in the system?

The corporate staff that buys the games doesn't go by top ten lists or usual things that sell. They actually play the games in office and decide if its good or not. yes thats it. Turns out its a bunch of 20-30 year old guys which is why blockbuster gets so much of the crap. Luckily the new Game Rush people are trying to change it.

A note on GameRush expansion. - The corporate staff I speak of in here have until the end of the year to make Game Rush work. This means if they fail there maybe no new Game Rushes. When they succeed their will be rapid expansion. I see no reason for them to fail.

Also there is talk of all Rhino Games being converted to Game Rush. I know that sucks for some but in case you didn't know Blockbuster indeed owns Rhino.

Next up is flipping and promos. Ever wonder why they are always running so many and flipping is so rampant? Corporate is boneheaded. They claim flipping is only 5% of the customer base and do not see it as an issue. Well It is now. Flipping is largely the reason the great deals maybe going away so flippers...enjoy it will it lasts.

The head Game Rush people are fighting to get the promos removed or drastically change to where there maybe only one going at a time.

Reason why there is so many is that there is one group for preowned, one for marketing, one for trades/presales, etc. One guy gets one, another does another, till you have a big mess that is now.

Also at some point rental is going to the floor and all new games to the wall. There will be signage for this but you don't wanna know (DON'T BLOW YOUR WAD) yes that is the slogan.

Thats all for now I'm dizzy. Any questions just ask. I really feel Game Rush will be quite different by end of September. Hopefully for the better.

Just know that Blockbuster finally hired the right people for Game Rush and while some of the awesome promos may go away that Game Rush will be changing for the better. They are learning what they need to know and as long as they listen to these people they will be a force to be reckoned with against GameStop (which is good as it makes it better for all us gamers).

[quote name='$hady']yes, it used to be store to store only now they are all networked together. They are watching YOU.;)[/QUOTE]
When did that happen?

[quote name='soonerdoc']cory, thanks for the info !!![/QUOTE]

Stop by the store lately? I've made some major progress since I got over there

Sorry, I don't believe you. If this were true, corporate would have included an exclusion list for the current trade deal in addendum to the current exclusions. Once a trade is completed and you sign the receipt, they have contracted to pay you said credit and you give up all rights to return of the games. They would be opening themselves up to serious lawsuits by erasing someones value card or account without due process or arbitration.

If anybody cares, or lives near the Macomb, MI gamerush there were 3 copies of Splinter Cell Chaos Theory SE for PS2. There WERE three, now there are only two.

It's on Gratiot just SE of the Macomb Mall.

[quote name='CoryCubed']
On another note about part numbers. Ever wonder why some of the lesser Atlus RPGS and Mario Kart and Animal crossing are not in the system?

The corporate staff that buys the games doesn't go by top ten lists or usual things that sell. They actually play the games in office and decide if its good or not. yes thats it. Turns out its a bunch of 20-30 year old guys which is why blockbuster gets so much of the crap. Luckily the new Game Rush people are trying to change it.
[/QUOTE]

LOL! That's classic. So, basically, I find some of their stock choices a bit strange because I don't fall into the demographic of their game buyers (which is NOT late 30's with 3 kids).

[quote name='CoryCubed']
Next up is flipping and promos. Ever wonder why they are always running so many and flipping is so rampant? Corporate is boneheaded. They claim flipping is only 5% of the customer base and do not see it as an issue. Well It is now. Flipping is largely the reason the great deals maybe going away so flippers...enjoy it will it lasts.

The head Game Rush people are fighting to get the promos removed or drastically change to where there maybe only one going at a time.

[/QUOTE]

Cory, do you really find that more than 5% of the customer base consists of flippers? What is your estimate? I would have assumed that was a reasonable number - but of course, flippers generate alot more trades than the average person, so the number of trade-ins from flipping could be a higher percentage (just from the same few flippers). But still, even 5% of the customer base is quite a few people, actually. And 5% could certainly cause some damage - so even if they think it is that low they should be concerned.

Of course I'll be sad to see all the deals go, but if it buys some stability and longevity for GR, I'm fine with one deal at a time - as long as they mix them up frequently. All I care about is the trade 2 for a preorder deal, but wouldn't mind it going on hiatus for several weeks for some of the PO deals, as long as it comes back when some new preorders are available!

Overall, not bad news though. Thanks for the update!

[quote name='Mind_n_Soul']what is the major news?[/QUOTE]

that really long post by cory is the big news...

what exactly is flipping? is it just trading in games you buy from GR/BB? or is it just buying used games from elsewhere and trading them in for games of high value then trading those in for store credit...is that it?

[quote name='swetooth9']that really long post by cory is the big news...

what exactly is flipping? is it just trading in games you buy from GR/BB? or is it just buying used games from elsewhere and trading them in for games of high value then trading those in for store credit...is that it?[/QUOTE]

Yes that is exactly right. I also want to know, if i have 250 on my game value card and i wnat to buy a psp, a psp is 249.99, is that enough or i have to pay the tax for 250? because for ebgame and gamestop you dont need to, store credit isn't taxable.

I was pretty happy to see that NHL 2004 for PS2 got $8 in trade credit today when I dealed up a Resident Evil 4. Not bad for a $2.50 after CAG15 game from ebgames.com.

I know I have ask this question before but is blockbuster still going to have buy 2 preplayed games and get one free deal until september

traded in last night

xbox
Gun Valkyrie $1.50
NBA Live 2004 $5.00
Hitman 2 $3.00

got Super Smash Brothers Melee for $5 ( wanted RE4 :cry: )

I coulda got something better and flipped for it but i also bought a Gamecube yesterday so i wanted it right away.

[quote name='KowHunta']You have to pay taxes even if you use store credit at BB/GR.[/QUOTE]

That's because they credit you tax on your trades (at least here in Indiana they do)

[quote name='sniper308']Traded in:

Star Wars Episode III $35
Jade Empire $30
Doom3 $30

picked up UC 2 used for $5

All for X box[/QUOTE]

that actually proves to me that you get store credit in addition to that game for 5 bucks...b/c if you didnt...that is a retarded trade...

[quote name='swetooth9']that really long post by cory is the big news...

what exactly is flipping? is it just trading in games you buy from GR/BB? or is it just buying used games from elsewhere and trading them in for games of high value then trading those in for store credit...is that it?[/QUOTE]

Buy game using a deal, turn around and use the game you bought for a different deal. Generally you want to wait a week before you trade back in the game.

So lets say you start with 3 crappy games (Cost to you 9$ from eb.com) and trade in for 1 good game (5$ deal), then turn around and trade that game back to GR for 30$. You can easily make 20$.

You could then use the 30$ credit to buy 3 more crap games using B2G1 Free (cost 10$), and repeat over and over and over until you get banned for flipping.

You can also effectively do this in a more slow, methodical fashion over many months with the same effect (lots of credit), and not get flagged for flipping.

[quote name='JAMMR']So is it confirmed that trades now show up at all BBs? As in all stores are linked?[/QUOTE]

Yes they are watching YOU. :cool:

I don't work at GR but someone who I shoot the shit with everytime i go in the store told me to watch the flipping he didn't wanna see me get in trouble. Nothing like a official warning just a buddy to buddy watch your back thing. I used to be a hardcore flipper hitting up 3 stores a day which he knew. :whistle2:#

Did a trade again today at a different Gamerush that has the largest selection of Gamecube games i've ever seen at a GR before, it's in an upscale neighborhood and we all know rich people love Nintendo. LOL

Anyway.......

traded Xbox:
Jade Empire LE - $30 (flipped 4 it a week ago)
Wrestlemania 21 - $26
Robotech: Battlecry - $1.50

Picked up Mario Kart: Double Dash for $5. Also got Mario Sunshine, Zelda WW, Super Monkey Ball 2 (b2g1f) and a 4X memory card for my Gamecube which i bought last night. Got all that and still had like $2 credit to throw on my card. :D

[quote name='stoned99']Buy game using a deal, turn around and use the game you bought for a different deal. Generally you want to wait a week before you trade back in the game.

So lets say you start with 3 crappy games (Cost to you 9$ from eb.com) and trade in for 1 good game (5$ deal), then turn around and trade that game back to GR for 30$. You can easily make 20$.

You could then use the 30$ credit to buy 3 more crap games using B2G1 Free (cost 10$), and repeat over and over and over until you get banned for flipping.

You can also effectively do this in a more slow, methodical fashion over many months with the same effect (lots of credit), and not get flagged for flipping.[/QUOTE]

I think the safer route is to do the trading across company's. Trade at GR, then take what you got at GR to EB, trade there, take what you got at EB back to GR or Gamestop then GR. This way, you are getting your trade in games from a different store. This isn't flipping as you are not going GR to GR.

[quote name='sweet_gorgor']Yes that is exactly right. I also want to know, if i have 250 on my game value card and i wnat to buy a psp, a psp is 249.99, is that enough or i have to pay the tax for 250? because for ebgame and gamestop you dont need to, store credit isn't taxable.[/QUOTE]

They pay you tax on the trade ins... so they charge you tax on the purchases.

does it matter the condition of the games you trade in?

like...what if the case is messed up? do they only care about the disc condition?

for example, if i had sticker goo on my case or if one of the little "clips" that holds the manual is broken off, will they still accept the trade?

thanks

Mostly all that matters about games you trade in is the condition of the disc itself. You could trade in games that have no manual or case at all and still they could accept it. But for convenience, showing them a game with at least a crappy case shows that you took at least some care of the game...

[quote name='Indiana']They pay you tax on the trade ins... so they charge you tax on the purchases.[/QUOTE]

No they don't. Show me a receipt to prove it. I've NEVER gotten tax back from trading. They charge you tax because their system isn't set up to not charge tax.

[quote name='KowHunta']No they don't. Show me a receipt to prove it. I've NEVER gotten tax back from trading. They charge you tax because their system isn't set up to not charge tax.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I felt kinda hosed when I went to buy my PSP and came out a few bucks short. The principle of having to pay ten bucks out of pocket...

[quote name='hotwls13']I think the safer route is to do the trading across company's. Trade at GR, then take what you got at GR to EB, trade there, take what you got at EB back to GR or Gamestop then GR. This way, you are getting your trade in games from a different store. This isn't flipping as you are not going GR to GR.[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY, but since GR gives better prices you gotta pair up that $35 GR game with 2 EB games about a week later at a different store. I don't buy cheap games from GR anymore, I used to do a trade and buy 3 crap games with credit and then head to the next store repeat and head to the next store........:whistle2:#

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']hey alls, just a friendly reminder that there is a "flipping" discussion thread elsewhere b/c it's becoming increasingly harder to find values and deals in this thread (not aimed at corycubed).

EDIT added a link for everybody's convenience:

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/sho...4838#post994838[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's probably about time to just start a new thread anyway since we are around 650 posts. Hopefully the next won't have so many flipping/banning tangents since we have a topic specifically for that now.

Here are some trade prices I got over the past couple of days:

Pariah $26
Unreal Championship 2 $35
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (Xbox) $30
Mercenaries $30 (I'm not sure why this one still carries this high of a value, but that was fine by me.)

Sorry bout the ranting, its just annoying when I now haft watch every account for flipping. Its unfair to the trader and I hate doing it but I haft to protect the business.

if i have time I may start posting trade values everyday from the previous days trades - every morning I get a printout to review and it shows all that was traded in and how much was given for it.

[quote name='stoned99']28$ for Tony Hawk PSP, 18$ for NFL Street 2 XBOX, 8$ Jedi Academy xbox[/QUOTE]

Damnit..and here Ive been looking for Jedi Academy :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back