Bloodborne - The Old Hunters - November 24th, 2015

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters out Tuesday, Patch 1.07 Detailed

More information about the expansion and how to access it within the game, as well as details about the new content and updated online features in the 1.07 title update hitting today (title update available to all Bloodborne players).

Once you have purchased and downloaded The Old Hunters expansion, you’ll need to follow the below steps to access the new content.

Step 1
Defeat the boss of the Cathedral Ward and examine the altar in the back of the room to change the in-game time to night.
23141121892_0ec2778712_z.jpg

Step 2
Go to the Hunter’s Dream and receive the Eye of a Blood-drunk Hunter from a messenger.
22834936330_1f335e9457_z.jpg

Step 3
Go to the Oedon Chapel and leave via the left-hand exit to enter the square.
23166678641_e2968deaaf_z.jpg

Step 4
1. Go to the right-hand end of the square to trigger an event. This event will take you to the new area: the Hunter’s Nightmare.
22762791569_3b8f62051a_z.jpg

2. Lighting the lamp in the new area will allow you to travel to and from the area via an Awakening Headstone in the Hunter’s Dream.
22736592927_c7868d87bd_z.jpg

Prior to the launch of the DLC, all Bloodborne owners will receive title update 1.07, which adds new features and drastically changes the online component of the game. The patch goes live today, so remember to update your game and try out the new features.

Update 1.07 also adds the “League” feature and introduces new NPCs into the game’s world. Join the League by meeting with Summon Master Valtr and obtaining the “Impurity” rune. You’ll need to summon him inside the shack to the right of the first lamp in the Forbidden Forest. Once you have memorized the “Impurity” rune, you will be able to access League ranking screens. Upon successfully completing a coop session, you’ll receive the “Vermin” which you must crush to increase your points and therefore your position on the League leaderboard.

You will also be able to summon NPCs to come to your aid, just like cooperative play, including inside Chalice Dungeons. To do so, first you will need to acquire the “Old Hunter Bell” from the messengers in the Hunter’s Dream area. In some areas you may be able to summon up to two NPC Hunters, or a mix of one NPC Hunter and one other online coop player.

In addition, when there are players near you that have used the Beckoning Bell or Small Resonant Bell and are waiting to join a coop session, they will appear in your game as an illusion or phantom with a ripple effect at their feet. That assumes they are within the correct level range and would be able to match with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks like an amazing update.  I'll definitely be picking this up.

I want a full disk version though.  I wont have time for BB for a while so I'm not in a hurry and supposedly a full version is coming.

I want a full disk version though. I wont have time for BB for a while so I'm not in a hurry and supposedly a full version is coming.
Currently, there hasn't been any announcement that NA is getting a physical complete edition like EU and JP.

Currently, there hasn't been any announcement that NA is getting a physical complete edition like EU and JP.
id be shocked if there isnt though. bloodborne is one of the ps4s most recognizable titles on ps4 right now.

thinking about getting this DLC. a first for me since i think most DLC is garbage/overpriced. I havent played this game since platting it though so i feel like its going to annihilate me until i get used of the combat again.

So.... I embarrassingly never beat Bloodborne. I was all stoked for it when it came out but after a while I fell off since I was moving, switching jobs and finishing my masters program. Then when it was time to get back to gaming there was a whole list of other games to play. Now with the DLC I booted Bloodborne back up, used a bunch of consumables on accident while trying to relearn the controller, and then finally realized I have no clue where I was in the game. There are a million places to go  that I have opened up and I am not sure where to go... I wanted to play through the full game before I started up the DLC but am so lost. The last thing I can recall killing was the weird shielded worm thing? It was in the huge abyss where the king was just chilling there half dead. It was either that or the giant garbage monster thing by the chariot monsters....?

I am so lost but I do not want to search stuff because I refuse to do that with these type of games but at the same time do not want to start the game all over again. Help?

*edit*

I killed Micolash too? The guy with the caged head, I think he might have been after those? Plus I killed the big Amygdala thing

I killed Micolash too? The guy with the caged head, I think he might have been after those? Plus I killed the big Amygdala thing
If you killed Micolash then you are near end-game. If you just want to finish the story, then warp yourself to Mergo's Loft: Middle and continue from there until you met another boss. Just know after you beat that boss, you will be at the point of no return. So feel free to explore the DLC.

Also, in vanilla game, there are two optional bosses in the Orphanage if you haven't killed them. They are located in the Healing Church on top of Cathedral Ward hub.

If you killed Micolash then you are near end-game. If you just want to finish the story, then warp yourself to Mergo's Loft: Middle and continue from there until you met another boss. Just know after you beat that boss, you will be at the point of no return. So feel free to explore the DLC.

Also, in vanilla game, there are two optional bosses in the Orphanage if you haven't killed them located in the Healing Church on top of Cathedral Ward hub.
Oh jeez, I didn't realize I stopped when I was literally right there at the end! Thanks for the heads up! Once I move forward then and kill that next boss it sets into motion the end of the game and then if I recall correctly once you beat the game it instantly throws you back into NG+ right?

Oh jeez, I didn't realize I stopped when I was literally right there at the end! Thanks for the heads up! Once I move forward then and kill that next boss it sets into motion the end of the game and then if I recall correctly once you beat the game it instantly throws you back into NG+ right?
Right. Plus, I mentioned the point of no return since completing the game would require you to beat all the bosses up to Vicar Amelia again just to access the DLC.

I'm really glad I kept a backup save from before I completed the original NG.  I tried playing through the DLC on NG+++ and I couldn't even get to the first boss.  I really like some of the new weapons, especially the ones with more AoE & distance on the swings. 

Bloodborne servers are back online

Yesterday Sony Computer Entertainment announced through a statement, that the Bloodborne servers would be down "a few days".

Luckily the wait wasn't that long at all, as the implementation of Patch 1.08 was faster than expected. The servers were restored minutes ago, so if you can't wait for From Software to punish you some more, you're in luck!

Reports suggest the reason for the emergency maintenance is pinned down as an exploit that allowed players to access the new expansion The Old Hunters without paying for it. Sony have not mentioned it, but if there was indeed an exploit to access the content without paying for it, it would make sense that the servers were taken offline.

bread's done
Back