Bloodborne - The Old Hunters - November 24th, 2015

Loved this game

attachicon.gif
CB3OSW-UsAAiTvx.jpg
What level were you when you got the trophy for beating all the Pthumeru Chalice Dungeons? I'm currently in the Depth 4 one and getting my ass handed to me by the 2nd boss (and am absolutely dreading the 3rd boss).

What level were you when you got the trophy for beating all the Pthumeru Chalice Dungeons? I'm currently in the Depth 4 one and getting my ass handed to me by the 2nd boss (and am absolutely dreading the 3rd boss).
162 ( I saved the dungeons until the end right before completing the last boss and I farmed my ass off), the hardest boss in my opinion was the first one in Depth 5 so Good Luck :).

Last edited by a moderator:
the 140s for me. the level doesnt really matter since it all scales to your level anyway. theres people on trophy forums level 500 that cant beat the dungeons lol

edit: got my plat finally. took a little over 2 hours to run through the game on ng+ doing the bare minimum.

Probably a noob question but I'm at the blood starved beast and died leaving behind all of my blood echoes. Is it possible to farm some more echoes and go back to the hunters dream to level up without losing the ones I dropped at the beast as long as I don't die again?

Probably a noob question but I'm at the blood starved beast and died leaving behind all of my blood echoes. Is it possible to farm some more echoes and go back to the hunters dream to level up without losing the ones I dropped at the beast as long as I don't die again?
yes

Can someone give me info on these chalice dungeons? I just want to get these trophies done as soon as i can. Do i have to play the 1st or 2nd gravestones to eventually get materials to play up to the 4th or 5th ones? Should i be playing certain types of dungeons. I really dont know how this chalice stuff works 100%. So if someone could give me some basic info on what i should be doing that would be great.

Can someone give me info on these chalice dungeons? I just want to get these trophies done as soon as i can. Do i have to play the 1st or 2nd gravestones to eventually get materials to play up to the 4th or 5th ones? Should i be playing certain types of dungeons. I really dont know how this chalice stuff works 100%. So if someone could give me some basic info on what i should be doing that would be great.
go here and start reading at post #10: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/bloodborne/262927-bloodborne-trophy-guide-road-map.html

I know it says the beast claw is in the chalace of ailing loran, but does it matter which altar i use? I dont understand why there are different ritual altars. I thought the higher you went, the harder it is. But can i use the 1st ritual altar and still do the ailing loran and get the beast claw? Not sure if playing in the first altar is just wasting my time, or i should be doing harder altars.

I know it says the beast claw is in the chalace of ailing loran, but does it matter which altar i use? I dont understand why there are different ritual altars. I thought the higher you went, the harder it is. But can i use the 1st ritual altar and still do the ailing loran and get the beast claw? Not sure if playing in the first altar is just wasting my time, or i should be doing harder altars.
Are you talking about the gravestones you use to activate a chalice dungeon? If so then those don't matter. Its just there so you can have multiple dungeons up at once. The difficulty of the dungeon depends on the depth level, which it should say on the item.

The yes should have been expanded upon with the caveat that you do not die before you get back to retrieve them.

I found that mind-flayer type thing last night.....not a pretty sight getting my brains sucked out. Nothing like realizing you have the wrong weapon in hand until the end.....sort of like that ranger magic guy as well.....thorough @ss whooping after I got hit once. Fun times though.

162 ( I saved the dungeons until the end right before completing the last boss and I farmed my ass off), the hardest boss in my opinion was the first one in Depth 5 so Good Luck :).
Thanks. I'm still stuck on the dog. I keep doing alright (getting him down to 40% health) but then he does a thing where he knocks me down and then shoots fire from underneath him, which kills me before I can even get up.

Sadly I'm level 207 so finding co-op partners may be a bit harder. I'm currently at 99 insight so i'm wondering if dropping it down to below 15 would help any.

The yes should have been expanded upon with the caveat that you do not die before you get back to retrieve them.

I found that mind-flayer type thing last night.....not a pretty sight getting my brains sucked out. Nothing like realizing you have the wrong weapon in hand until the end.....sort of like that ranger magic guy as well.....thorough @ss whooping after I got hit once. Fun times though.
I didnt even realize till a day or two ago that those brain sucker enemies actually steal some insight if they suck your brains out.

Thanks. I'm still stuck on the dog. I keep doing alright (getting him down to 40% health) but then he does a thing where he knocks me down and then shoots fire from underneath him, which kills me before I can even get up.

Sadly I'm level 207 so finding co-op partners may be a bit harder. I'm currently at 99 insight so i'm wondering if dropping it down to below 15 would help any.
Not sure if high insight affects boss fights but I never walked around with more than 10 unless I needed to. I always went to the bath and got rid of it.

tips for that boss

What I did was stay as far away as I can and let him charge me and dodge at the last second then get some hits in with the long axe. If you can do it by the entrance he will sometimes get stuck for a second after he charges allowing you to get an extra hit in. Just don't get greedy and you will eventually take him down, takes longer this way but that's how I got him on the first try.

I definitely seemed to be doing better once I got my insight down to 10.  Went all the way from boss 2 in the layer 4 dungeon to boss 2 in the layer 5.  Now I'm starting to rush and stupidly getting killed. 

I definitely seemed to be doing better once I got my insight down to 10. Went all the way from boss 2 in the layer 4 dungeon to boss 2 in the layer 5. Now I'm starting to rush and stupidly getting killed.
if youre talking about the defiled chalice, no matter what your insight is, youre going to get 1 shotted by certain boss attacks haha

I dont know, it seemed I was doing a lot better, but maybe it was just a placebo effect because.......

GHmFVu6.jpg

Damn that last boss. Can't seem to best him. Got him low, but can't finish him, and my vials are running low now. Tried to ask for help, but not a single soul is ringing the small resonance bell to help. But I tried to ring my small resonance bell, and get match instantly. It seems a lot of players are asking for assistance on this last boss. A lot of takers, but no one is offering help.

Damn that last boss. Can't seem to best him. Got him low, but can't finish him, and my vials are running low now. Tried to ask for help, but not a single soul is ringing the small resonance bell to help. But I tried to ring my small resonance bell, and get match instantly. It seems a lot of players are asking for assistance on this last boss. A lot of takers, but no one is offering help.
I can easily help people, I haven't been able to find a single person to help me....

I can easily help people, I haven't been able to find a single person to help me....
I've fough the final boss a few times in coop. But I'm always the one summoned. And I enjoy helping other players beat him, but when I try to summon anyone, it never finds a match. I've been grinding the chalice dungeons and have already beat all main bosses, just need to beat the final boss twice, one without the use of the cords, one after using all three cords.

I've fough the final boss a few times in coop. But I'm always the one summoned. And I enjoy helping other players beat him, but when I try to summon anyone, it never finds a match. I've been grinding the chalice dungeons and have already beat all main bosses, just need to beat the final boss twice, one without the use of the cords, one after using all three cords.
yeah, I'm not sure if it's my internet or what but ive joined others who already had someone with them. I haven't been able to summon since the first day.

hate to say it, but if youre having problems with him, the bosses on the defiled dungeon and last dungeon are gonna kick your ass. the last boss, just either parry or dodge and wait.

hate to say it, but if youre having problems with him, the bosses on the defiled dungeon and last dungeon are gonna kick your ass. the last boss, just either parry or dodge and wait.
I know of the defiled dungeon bosses. I dont care for the chalice dungeons. I rented Bloodborne until the 20th, so just doing all the single player stuff (which I have already done so). The final boss is just annoying a bit. I do need to try a prolonged extended encounter. Just level up the katana to use as my secondary weapon.

yeah, I'm not sure if it's my internet or what but ive joined others who already had someone with them. I haven't been able to summon since the first day.
Actually, now that you mention it, I have not been able to summon anyone once. And I've tried a ton of times. I have never once summoned someone, but can be summoned easily. Maybe there is a glitch or something on the network.

I know of the defiled dungeon bosses. I dont care for the chalice dungeons. I rented Bloodborne until the 20th, so just doing all the single player stuff (which I have already done so). The final boss is just annoying a bit. I do need to try a prolonged extended encounter. Just level up the katana to use as my secondary weapon.

Actually, not that you mention it, I have not been able to summon anyone once. And I've tried a ton of times. I have never once summoned someone, but can be summoned easily. Maybe there is a glitch or something on the network.
yeah kind of sick of wasting my insight. I'll probably try again after the weekly maintenace, before last weeks maintenance i couldnt smmon, be summoned, be invaded,

(just realized I should try invading someone and see if it works)or see the grave stones (theyd just pop down into the earth after I touched them.) So it seems like they're working on alot of this stuff.

Odd, I never had issues when I chimed my bell to help. Usually, you are just too high or too low of SL if your not being summoned. 

I finally decided to go after the last boss, 3rd ending, and beat em on the first try. Kind of crazy how easy he was since i usually have trouble against the bigger beasts. The ending was lame too. LOL Now im trying to do new game +, and finish the chalice dungeons. But for whatever reason i didnt see the crow lady in the sewer area in my NG+ when i was opening some short cuts. I killed her in my first run, but that shouldnt matter would it?

For some reason, I've found that exiting the game from the system menu, closing the app and restarting, and making sure you're set to worldwide matchmaking (with or without password) has helped me connect with people more reliably.

Finally was able to beat that last boss (solo). I actually owned him. Felt epic, this is why I love he Souls series, they way you feel after beating a boss.

Now I gotta kill him again, but this time after using all the cords. Grrrr...

Edit: Finally beat the last boss. Here is a video. Spoilers of course (but I did cut the ending, it's only the fight): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKP2UPqahuQ

Log death in the woods the cheapest death ever when a 2nd co-op person does it on purpose?  Just sayin...was helping someone while crossing and the clown unleashed it....not a person invading but the small bell....DOH!

Anyone know how much insight one has to have to START with three running henchmen off the bat?  Only time I've died helping someone...well...before the log....

And for me....at least the 2nd time through Forgotten Woods will be quicker.  Not sure how I let Mr Medusa get me.

Down to one trophy left (Defeat Yharnam, Blood Queen of the Old Labyrinth.) Hopefully i can get to her and beat her. I think if i am able to do that i will be done with the game. Even though i thought it was a great game, one play through is enough for me. To me there is no point in NG+ or making a new character. Since ive combed through every level there is nothing more to see. Trying out different builds would be fun if it didnt take so long to rank your character up. But even then that dont interest me much.

I am looking for a copy of the Collector's Edition of this game.  I wanted to see what your guys' opinion would be if I found a new copy with the Top Hat DLC for $102 shipped?  That seem like a fair price?  Any info is appreciated!

Down to one trophy left (Defeat Yharnam, Blood Queen of the Old Labyrinth.) Hopefully i can get to her and beat her. I think if i am able to do that i will be done with the game. Even though i thought it was a great game, one play through is enough for me. To me there is no point in NG+ or making a new character. Since ive combed through every level there is nothing more to see. Trying out different builds would be fun if it didnt take so long to rank your character up. But even then that dont interest me much.
pretty much where i was with the game. LOVED the game. best game this gen no doubt, but after sinking 50+ hours into it, i sold it for $50 shipped as soon as i platinumed it. the PvP doesnt interest me in the slightest which would be the only thing that might have me coming back.

also yharnam is easy with ludwigs holy blade long variation as the swipe stuns her and she doesnt attack immediately after

I am looking for a copy of the Collector's Edition of this game. I wanted to see what your guys' opinion would be if I found a new copy with the Top Hat DLC for $102 shipped? That seem like a fair price? Any info is appreciated!
fuck no, it's still in stock for shipping at Amazon for $79.99. That top hat is not worth no damn $20+. If you really want it, there is one on ebay for $7.49 but even that is still much.

fuck no, it's still in stock for shipping at Amazon for $79.99. That top hat is not worth no damn $20+. If you really want it, there is one on ebay for $7.49 but even that is still much.
Yea I have seen it on Amazon as available, but the unboxing and copies I have seen gotten from Amazon are completely beat to shit. Smashed boxes etc. is not what I want to receive. The one I found is mint. I might try Gamestop or something as it is not available from Best Buy anymore.

Trying to do the defiled chalice dungeon right now, but this Dog boss seems impossible. I can barely get close enough to get a hit on him. Then im 1-2 hit dead. I tried ringing the bell for help, but no answer, maybe because im level 220? This might be the thing that stops me from getting platinum, because i tried a few times now and i dont even come close.

EDIT: Then i beat him first try after making this post. All i did was get on the side or behind him and chop him down. ;)

Trying to do the defiled chalice dungeon right now, but this Dog boss seems impossible. I can barely get close enough to get a hit on him. Then im 1-2 hit dead. I tried ringing the bell for help, but no answer, maybe because im level 220? This might be the thing that stops me from getting platinum, because i tried a few times now and i dont even come close.
Here try this, it worked for me when I fought him

tips for that boss

What I did was stay as far away as I can and let him charge me and dodge at the last second then get some hits in with the long axe. If you can do it by the entrance he will sometimes get stuck for a second after he charges allowing you to get an extra hit in. Just don't get greedy and you will eventually take him down, takes longer this way but that's how I got him on the first try.

Thanks for the tip.

Now im at amygdala, which i was doing pretty good. Got him/her down to half health, but that took like 10-15 minutes and then i get one hit killed by magic arm slam. So annoying to fight that boss for that long just to get one hit killed. Ill be so happy if i can get past this boss, since this seems to be the hardest part of the whole game. Well at least this dungeon is.

Yea, I found that slow & steady was best for Defiled Amygdala.  I just kept going clockwise around the edge to keep my distance from her arms, but be close enough to get some hits in when she slams the ground.    She will do a jump in the air every now & then but in my experience, I would only take damage if I tried rolling away. If I just kept walking clockwise, she would always land safely in front of me.

Thanks for the tip.

Now im at amygdala, which i was doing pretty good. Got him/her down to half health, but that took like 10-15 minutes and then i get one hit killed by magic arm slam. So annoying to fight that boss for that long just to get one hit killed. Ill be so happy if i can get past this boss, since this seems to be the hardest part of the whole game. Well at least this dungeon is.
once amygdala rips her arms off, shes actually quite easy cuz she will jump way more, but 90% of the time she will jump AWAY from you. still roll as if she was going to land on you just in case though and just wail away on her back legs/tail.

watchdog isnt too bad but you can only do 1 hit at a time. his animations are easy to recognize on when you can and cant go in for that one hit.

Wow i seem to keep dying in the same spot. Get amygdalas health down to 40%, then comes down the blue glowing hand that knocks me to the ground, damages me almost dead, but then the explosion from her hand kills me before i can even get up. What sucks is my most upgraded weapon is the saw cleaver, so its really short and sometimes i cant get hits on. I tried using other weapons like the whip, but thats not upgraded enough. The giant sword is okay but i still end up missing her face half the time, even when locked on. I used to have 99 vials in storage, but recently ran out and had to farm some. I havent even gotten to the phase where she rips her arms off, because i keep dying with those blue explosions when she slams her hands on the ground. Doesnt seem to matter how far away i am.

I dont know why but it seems like if i die, the second try or after amygdala loves to shoot her lazer beams a lot more than usual.

Wow i seem to keep dying in the same spot. Get amygdalas health down to 40%, then comes down the blue glowing hand that knocks me to the ground, damages me almost dead, but then the explosion from her hand kills me before i can even get up. What sucks is my most upgraded weapon is the saw cleaver, so its really short and sometimes i cant get hits on. I tried using other weapons like the whip, but thats not upgraded enough. The giant sword is okay but i still end up missing her face half the time, even when locked on. I used to have 99 vials in storage, but recently ran out and had to farm some. I havent even gotten to the phase where she rips her arms off, because i keep dying with those blue explosions when she slams her hands on the ground. Doesnt seem to matter how far away i am.

I dont know why but it seems like if i die, the second try or after amygdala loves to shoot her lazer beams a lot more than usual.
you should have a weapon at +10 by now. if not, go get that blood rock in nightmare of mensis and upgrade whatever weapon you have at +9

Well after beating Amygdala, the rest of the chalice dungeons were a breeze. I just ran around the last chalice dungeon finding the switch, pulling it, then running to the boss. It was pretty quick doing that. Couple of bosses gave me a tough time in the last dungeon, and i had to battle the Pthumerian Queen twice to down her. But it is done, and i have my 27th platinum trophy. :)

https://twitter.com/The7thNumber/status/587060943810535424

Came here looking for tips on the defiled Watchdog. I was doing the bait and slash strategy, but my stupid brain would always tell me to get greedy and go for another hit. Once I got out of that mindset, I beat it right away and only got hit once. This dungeon is the absolute worst, but at least I only have one layer left.

The game was lagging a good bit today, not sure why. I think I'm just going to wait for the patch that helps reduce load times. Dying as frequently as I do, it's just not fun, especially when often times you wait longer for the game to load than you did playing the actual game...

The game was lagging a good bit today, not sure why. I think I'm just going to wait for the patch that helps reduce load times. Dying as frequently as I do, it's just not fun, especially when often times you wait longer for the game to load than you did playing the actual game...
if youre dying in 30-40 seconds then you really need to spruce up your skills

Honestly i never had a problem with loading screens. I think they are faster than the ones in Destiny.

Congrats Professor!

bread's done
Back