Bloodborne - The Old Hunters - November 24th, 2015

Anyway i got to nightmare frontier and all of a sudden it starts talking about bells, some dude adversary avery came in and killed me while this other giant beast was attacking me. Was that supposed to happen or did someone randomly joined my game? Because i didnt have a bell ringing or anything.
Nightmare frontier is a popular PvP spot. If you got a message about an adversary coming in then you got invaded.

I will give them more of a shot once I beat the main game at least once.

I love the idea but for some reason they just felt like more of a chore than anything. Perhaps it is the artist part of me that is not letting the gamer part enjoy it as much as I should. One of the many things I adore about the Souls titles are that they have the most gorgeous and creative environments that are so detailed both in visual design as well as function. Playing through the Chalice dungeons however you are subject to the exact same stuff the whole time, or at least for the hours I have played it. I have made my way through I think 3 or 4 different chalices and each one although structurally different, was identical to the last in terms of visuals.
I don't think you will like the rest of the dungeons then. They do have some different visuals, but not very much. One of them is "sand" themed, but all they did was apply an orange hue and have you see that your in a desert chasm. The dungeons are just there for gems and weapons, not visuals. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you will like the rest of the dungeons then. They do have some different visuals, but not very much. One of them is "sand" themed, but all they did was apply an orange hue and have you see that your in a desert chasm. The dungeons are just there for gems and weapons, not visuals. :lol:
Damn.

I am sure I will still enjoy them a bit just not as much as I could. After I finish the main game a few times I am sure I will get more into the Dungeons, especially when I make a PvP character so that I can have the best gear. It makes total sense that it is the way it is, but I am a bit bummed either way hah

Dark Souls 2 comes out soon though too and I am itching to play that again on my X1. Plus Mortal Kombat and Axiom Verge and a few others. So many good gamesssss

That would suck if you got pretty far in a level just so some dude can invade your game, kill you, and you lose your spot and echoes.
You should look up what Potato_Marshal does in Demons Souls. He goes around with a scraping spear to destroy all your eq, and then uses soul suck which makes you lose Soul Level.

He goes around with a scraping spear to destroy all your eq, and then uses soul suck which makes you lose Soul Level.
I loved bringing people joy with scraping spear and acid cloud back then. :lol: For Bloodborne though, it's stacking rapid poison gems on the Blade of Mercy. :twisted:

Ugh. Trying to work my way through the chalice dungeons, but I'm stuck on the lower level layer 4. The boss is super aggressive

ha got invaded at fucking nightmare of mensis where all those blood spears come, i fucking run back to the beginning but the spears dont go after the other fucking dude. broke out my cannon, popped a bone marrow and 1 shot killed that fucker. the troller got trolled.

Yeah i tried to go to the nightmare area and as soon as i got in the bell started to ring. Why is everyone so into that level? I never had anyone try to invade me until i go to that area. Now it seems i cant even go there without the damn bell ringing. Whoever was trying to join didnt make it, i just ran back to the lamp and no one showed up and i was able to leave.

its a women ringing the bell. you need to kill her. shes on the left path up to the right of the spider mini boss.

i think are so into this level is because the person getting invaded gets royally screwed with those blood spears only ever attacking them. i didnt even get anything for killing them. what the fuck is the point besides trolling the person and making them lose their echoes

Man, when one window opens another closes apparently. Finally got back on track with my story thanks to the patch, but now for whatever reason the trophy for going to the Lecture hall didn't pop.  I've gone through the process of getting grabbed & going through that cutscene again, but still nothing...

I guess i'll try my luck with NG+.  I ended up with only 2/3 of an item needed to get the best ending, so I guess i'll have to do a 2nd playthrough anyways.

Went to nightmare area today and some mimi person joined my game. I just stood by the lamp trying to lure her in so i could gun shot parry her when she attacked but she just stood there, so i decided to attack her. After a minute of dueling with her i decided it wasnt worth my time, let her kill me, and saved a lot of health vials i would have used for pretty much nothing. Then i went back offline so i could actually play that area.

its a women ringing the bell. you need to kill her. shes on the left path up to the right of the spider mini boss.

i think are so into this level is because the person getting invaded gets royally screwed with those blood spears only ever attacking them. i didnt even get anything for killing them. what the fuck is the point besides trolling the person and making them lose their echoes
Haven't made it that far due to real life but it is as bad Luna from DS2 for people invading?

Haven't made it that far due to real life but it is as bad Luna from DS2 for people invading?
ive never played a souls game before this game so i dunno.

i stand by my statement that PvP is pretty pointless. especially considering that its just a heal fest and its basically just whoever runs out of blood vials first

I guess i'll try my luck with NG+. I ended up with only 2/3 of an item needed to get the best ending, so I guess i'll have to do a 2nd playthrough anyways.
fuckin eh i just realized this happened to me too. i killed the one lady and the other one i didnt talk to a second time before i progressed too far i guess. fuckin lame

Beat the final boss for the normal ending, but wow what a fight. Took me like 4-5 tries to finally get him. I was level 101 going into the fight. Now im going to go back and try to get the last ending, thanks to the cloud i should be able to get all three endings in one playthrough. Im also missing 2-4 more bosses that i havent found yet. I might start a new character with different stats once i get the final ending. This game is a blast.

i stand by my statement that PvP is pretty pointless. especially considering that its just a heal fest and its basically just whoever runs out of blood vials first
If the invading player is bad or not geared properly, then it can be a battle of whoever has the most blood vials. However, healing can be countered and punished easily with a gun for a visceral attack or disabled by throwing numbing mist. With the right gems, a visceral attack can one shot the majority of players. Poison gems are also fun since hosts usually panic once it's on them. Hunter's items also give a variety of tools to use like Hunter's Bone (teleportation dodging ftw). It's just fun to do and gives an another option in the game. :)

I did notice PvP in this game isn't the main focus as it was in previous Souls games, evident by the lack of covenants and no dueling arenas. :whistle2:?

Can someone help me figure out what I am doing wrong here. Comparing two weapons that I have equipped...

Saw Cleaver +3 with w/ +0.7 Damage and +1.4% Damage Gems

Ludwigs Holy Blade +3 w/ +7.0% Damage and +2.1% Damage

The base damage on the Holy Blade is more than the base on the Saw Cleaver and it has higher gems on it, yet when I attack I still do more damage with the Cleaver than with the Holy Blade. 

Both are blade damage so I dont think its a resistance issue ... cant figure out what else I could be missing. 

Can someone help me figure out what I am doing wrong here. Comparing two weapons that I have equipped...

Saw Cleaver +3 with w/ +0.7 Damage and +1.4% Damage Gems

Ludwigs Holy Blade +3 w/ +7.0% Damage and +2.1% Damage

The base damage on the Holy Blade is more than the base on the Saw Cleaver and it has higher gems on it, yet when I attack I still do more damage with the Cleaver than with the Holy Blade.

Both are blade damage so I dont think its a resistance issue ... cant figure out what else I could be missing.
Actually, Ludwig's 2-hand over-head and sweeping attacks are blunt attacks. It's first form is physical and the R2 2-hand charge attack is thrust. Anyway, the damage has to do with scaling. Once you upgrade the Ludwig more, its scaling will increase and eventually outclass the Cleaver on damage.

Didn't intend to, but I picked this up today at EB Games. Was able to trade-in Driveclub and Metro Redux for $46 towards the game (paid about $65 for both games combined thanks to sales so I'm not really out much).

Didn't intend to, but I picked this up today at EB Games. Was able to trade-in Driveclub and Metro Redux for $46 towards the game (paid about $65 for both games combined thanks to sales so I'm not really out much).
bloodborne is better than those 2 games combined so its a win for you haha

[quote name="8bitArtist" post="12620950" timestamp="1428200221"]which one? the two on the bridge?[/quote]
The very first room...

[quote name="8bitArtist" post="12620966" timestamp="1428200663"]youre supposed to die there lol[/quote]
Sorry, I died, went to a garden, went back to some room where the wolf is eating...something, and when I get near it all I can do is karate chop, which results in death.

[quote name="8bitArtist" post="12620997" timestamp="1428201701"]you shoulda got a choice of one of 3 weapons in the hunters dream. you should really equip it. :p[/quote]
I checked/accepted all three I though, but when I go to inventory I can't "use" any of them.

I checked/accepted all three I though, but when I go to inventory I can't "use" any of them.
hit options, go to arms and you should be able to equip one. make sure to go to the bath messengers, maybe you gotta get it from there... or just be a bad ass and run through the game with fists of fury lol

This Defiled Chalice is going to be a bitch, really going to test my patience. Keeper of the Old Lord down, only 2 more to go in this dungeon. One more dungeon after this and the Plat will be mine

This Defiled Chalice is going to be a bitch, really going to test my patience. Keeper of the Old Lord down, only 2 more to go in this dungeon. One more dungeon after this and the Plat will be mine
actually two more. you need to do either lower ailen or great isz for red jelly to do the final chalice for trophy.

actually two more. you need to do either lower ailen or great isz for red jelly to do the final chalice for trophy.
Got all the red jelly, grabbed 2 from nightmare building and finished all the Loran chalices already and luckily got it on the first run in Lower.

Just finished Watchdogs of the Old Lord, he was easier than I thought. Time consuming though.

i just had a ridiculous ending. doing the final chalice now, boss on first layer is a real bitch. we both hit each other at the same time and kill each other. i feared the worse in that i would walk back and the fog would still be there, but nope, it counted as a kill. PHIEW

Yeah i need trophies that involve doing chalice dungeons. Ive already done a few dungeons and they are getting boring fast. Mostly because they all look the same. Its always, you enter dungeon, look for switch, go back to spawn, go through locked gate, fight boss, repeat.

I started a new character, this time a female. I dont know if any of the clothes change based on sex, but so far it doesnt look like it. :/ I went with the whip and pistol. I wanted to do a bloodtinge, stanima, skill type character. Thought about getting the repeater but after i saw it uses two bullets per shot, i dont know now. Maybe still with the original pistol im using until i can find a better gun.

Yeah i need trophies that involve doing chalice dungeons. Ive already done a few dungeons and they are getting boring fast. Mostly because they all look the same. Its always, you enter dungeon, look for switch, go back to spawn, go through locked gate, fight boss, repeat.

I started a new character, this time a female. I dont know if any of the clothes change based on sex, but so far it doesnt look like it. :/ I went with the whip and pistol. I wanted to do a bloodtinge, stanima, skill type character. Thought about getting the repeater but after i saw it uses two bullets per shot, i dont know now. Maybe still with the original pistol im using until i can find a better gun.
i got very bored with the dungeons. also they are harder than anything in the actual story made game. beat the queen just now so im finally done with them.all i gotta do now is beat the game, upload my save, beat it again, then run through quick on ng+ since i messed up the umbilical cord crap.

i just had a ridiculous ending. doing the final chalice now, boss on first layer is a real bitch. we both hit each other at the same time and kill each other. i feared the worse in that i would walk back and the fog would still be there, but nope, it counted as a kill. PHIEW
Jeez, you weren't kidding. It was so damn aggressive, was harder than any of the Defiled bosses. I think it was because of how cheap that boomerang sword was, just goes straight through the walls and hits me :/

Now on to the next one

Jeez, you weren't kidding. It was so damn aggressive, was harder than any of the Defiled bosses. I think it was because of how cheap that boomerang sword was, just goes straight through the walls and hits me :/

Now on to the next one
yeah he is super aggressive and chains so many attacks. i played ring around the rosy a pillar and kinda cheezed him lol

I wish you could turn off the auto center of the camera when hitting R3. I have died a few times because im trying to lock onto an enemy, but instead it switches my camera around and i lose control of what direction im moving. Last time i died because of this, i was in the woods trying to lock on to a woman and run back, camera flipped, ran towards her, and woman shoved me off a cliff.

I wish you could turn off the auto center of the camera when hitting R3. I have died a few times because im trying to lock onto an enemy, but instead it switches my camera around and i lose control of what direction im moving. Last time i died because of this, i was in the woods trying to lock on to a woman and run back, camera flipped, ran towards her, and woman shoved me off a cliff.
i only use lock one anymore if its only 1 enemy. too many times i died cuz the camera got wonky during lock on or lock on the wrong guy or whatever.

bread's done
Back