Blu-ray Discussion Thread - The One and Only

Rats, I can't order one-sy two-sy from wbshop 'cause they charge me an assload on shipping (even "handling" charges for the free shipping promos).

Talk about lame... I was going to do amazon's deal to trade in DVDs and get the extra $10, but half my dvds aren't even on the list so I can't trade them in... the other half don't total $50...

[quote name='VipFREAK']Talk about lame... I was going to do amazon's deal to trade in DVDs and get the extra $10, but half my dvds aren't even on the list so I can't trade them in... the other half don't total $50...[/QUOTE]

Is just hearing about this :hot:

[quote name='seanr1221']Anyone have a Vizio VX32L (or VW32L)?

If so, what settings do you like?

I haven't been too impressed with anything I've found online yet.[/QUOTE]

From what i hear Vizio is the worst brand ever.
Anyway back to on topic, anyone else psyched for Southpark Bigger, Longer, and Uncut on Tuesday?

Even though I LOATHE Transformers 2 with a passion, thought yall should know Walmart will be having the IMAX cut of the film with an exclusive (and much cooler) cover, for $20.

[quote name='2sday']Even though I LOATHE Transformers 2 with a passion, thought yall should know Walmart will be having the IMAX cut of the film with an exclusive (and much cooler) cover, for $20.[/QUOTE]

$20 for the Blu-Ray edition?

[quote name='thaima1shu']Yes.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's awesome! I thought they'd try to milk money out of folks for the IMAX stuff on Blu-Ray!

Going to cancel my Amazon order now.

Anyone know of any decent $10 Blus on Amazon? I got $50 for my birthday, but I'm stuck at a decision if the last $10 should go towards Interview with the Vampire or A History of Violence. I'm also wondering if there are any good $10 buys since Amazon's "sort by price" feature is worthless.

[quote name='Scorch']Whaaat? There's no way the IMAX Version on Blu will be $19.99 at Wal-Mart[/QUOTE]

No kidding. I'm lucky to see a new release at Wal-Mart be as low as $24.99

[quote name='aboveaveragewes']Anyone know of any decent $10 Blus on Amazon? I got $50 for my birthday, but I'm stuck at a decision if the last $10 should go towards Interview with the Vampire or A History of Violence. I'm also wondering if there are any good $10 buys since Amazon's "sort by price" feature is worthless.[/QUOTE]

Requiem For A Dream is $9.50

http://www.amazon.com/Requiem-Dream-Directors-Cut-Blu-ray/dp/B00284BNKC

2001: A Space Odyssey is also $9.50

http://www.amazon.com/2001-Odyssey-Blu-ray-Keir-Dullea/dp/B000Q66J1M

Both of those movies look great and are fantastic.

I was at walmart today and some one was asking about transformers 2 and the guy checked to see the number of preorders they already had for it. The guy said that the scan gun was showing him 200 had already been preordered.

As for the amazon trade in I'm sending in 35 dvds/box sets out monday that should if they take all of them give me 100 in credit. I'm just wondering then if I will get 10 or 20 for the promo they have going. I would have devided them up but only bought one box to ship them in and it was large enough for all of them.

I'm going to have to use that credit for Trick r treat as no place around here even has it. I have to drive about a half hour. Thats not to bad but I just don't want to drive it. Not when it is 10 bucks less on amazon and I will have the credit in a few weeks.

[quote name='Sporadic']Requiem For A Dream is $9.50

http://www.amazon.com/Requiem-Dream-Directors-Cut-Blu-ray/dp/B00284BNKC

[/QUOTE]
Okay so wrong:
wrongpw.jpg

#-o

Can you imagine the Requiem for a Dream finale with whistle while you work playing?

So very, very wrong.

What's the difference in the covers for transformers 2? (links) When comparing walmart.com to other websites, they all look the same. Few have mentioned walmart having better cover art but all I see is the damn close up of optimus from the chest up which I hate. Transformers 2-disc se was nice with the white background and optimus and megatron on opposite sides.

edit- Is it this??? this is sweet!
1255812745_Imax.jpg

steelbook is tight too!

The guy who mentioned Walmart having it for 20 is right...

About two weeks ago they were running a Transformer sale, and releasing new toys, and on the page, you could see TF2 on Bluray listing it as the 2 disc big screen edition for 20 bucks.

I wondered why they did that, as the movie didn't come out for a couple of weeks, so I went ahead and snatched one, so I could show them incase they tried to sell it for higher.

The walmart version will indeed have the IMAX scenes, and even the bluray disc itself says big screen edition on it when gotten from Walmart.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=24558

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=24560

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attachment.php?do=fullview&attachmentid=24561

There are some pics of someone who has it already aparently.

I don't think this is a deal anyone can pass up, unless they don't want to see more robot fighting footage. Who would want to miss that?

Now that I finally have a 5.1 and HDTV, I'll have to keep better track of this thread. Picked up Snow White for $10, of course. It will just have to wait for Christmas, though. Waiting for a great deal on Braveheart.

There's a $10 rebate in the Braveheart BR if you have Braveheart on DVD. It requires either the proof-of-purchase tab or the UPC bar code.

[quote name='neocisco']There's a $10 rebate in the Braveheart BR if you have Braveheart on DVD. It requires either the proof-of-purchase tab or the UPC bar code.[/QUOTE]

Indeed I do, thanks.

[quote name='digitalbabe']Hi all-I was just at SD and someone went into great detail about promos/prices for the Revenge of the Fallen release. As this is one of those where there will be several releases, I thought I'd share here, in case you wanted to investigate for your own use.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1611261&p=23818355&highlight=borders#post23818355

Take care,
Digitalbabe[/QUOTE]

holy crap! I thought we weren't supposed to talk about SD? But that link was just what I was looking for...now I don't know how to feel, that was a pretty comprehensive post!! should have been put over here! Oh well, now to decide to get Wal-Mart Imax exclusive or go to BB so I can get reward zone points (plus get it on the door buster action!! $22 for BD for 1st two hours = FTW!)

[quote name='180husher']Guy went through all that trouble posting his massive thread...but still didn't have a scan of the Papa John's coupon.[/QUOTE]

if someone can tell me how to upload an image proper to this website (w/o having to have another site host it..) I have the coupon in my pocket...can scan!

[quote name='token2k6']^^ see Coupon thread, it's in there now thanks to LP! if you still need me to email you, PM me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks token2k6...this was very helpful.

I'm sure everyone knows about warner rewards. Well I have what should be 2 BDs in the collection but thanks to one that I just bought today not having a code only will have one. The movie was the new Friday the 13th. I sent them an e-mail but chances are they wont let me get a code. So if you plan on buying movies that are on the list keep in mind you may not get the code.

I bet im the last person to see this, but there is information about the 500 days of summer dvd/blu ray here

Blu-ray = 2 disc set with lots of exclusive bonuses

Are there any big differences in extras between the 2-disc DVD and 2-disc Blu Ray of Iron Man. I already have the 2-disc DVD, but if there are enough extras on the Blu-Ray, I may buy it for $15 in the future.

[quote name='sendme']I'm sure everyone knows about warner rewards. Well I have what should be 2 BDs in the collection but thanks to one that I just bought today not having a code only will have one. The movie was the new Friday the 13th. I sent them an e-mail but chances are they wont let me get a code. So if you plan on buying movies that are on the list keep in mind you may not get the code.[/QUOTE]

IIRC, the Digital Copy code IS the rewards code and since Warner removes Digital Copies after first pressing you may not be eligible for it.

[quote name='GizmoGC']DTS MA track instead of PCM.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, but I don't think it's enough for me to double dip on it. The pack-in cars look pretty cool, but I doubt they'll be limited.

Thanks Gizmo.

[quote name='GizmoGC']IIRC, the Digital Copy code IS the rewards code and since Warner removes Digital Copies after first pressing you may not be eligible for it.[/QUOTE]

I thought it might have to be the first pressing. I don't remember seeing anything online about it so if it isn't on the site they need to put that or take the movies down. Hell atleast do something.

Also with this disc it says on the back that it has the one in theaters and an uncut version. Most that are like that I see an option to play the uncut or the one from theaters yet friday the 13th I see no option.

Picked up Ice Age 3 Blu-ray/DVD combo at Walmart tonight for $19.96...I didn't know that Fox was doing the DVD/Blu-ray combo like Disney has been lately, not that I'll argue. I like having these extra DVD copies so the kids can beat the hell outta those instead of my Blu-rays!

Word on the 'net is The Third Man Criterion Blu Ray is now out of print. I'm not normally one of the types to get hyped about the OOP and/or criterion craze but as I was reading about The Third Man I saw a lot of comparisons to Casablanca and I just had to know if those comparisons were valid so I went ahead a placed an order for it.

Its climbed to #11 on Amazon top sellers so obviously there's a little bit of buzz surrounding it.

I just wish I could stop buying these damn blu rays. Between this, Battlestar Galactica Complete AND The Plan, I've spent a TON on blu ray this week alone. Not to mention the other releases I couldn't resist lately.

Never took a gander at amazon's top seller list, probably a good place to see the up and coming.

Those combo deals are to get bluray's foot in the door, that much is obvious. Oh well, we'll see how it fairs in the long run.
cagus.smile.jpg

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Word on the 'net is The Third Man Criterion Blu Ray is now out of print. I'm not normally one of the types to get hyped about the OOP and/or criterion craze but as I was reading about The Third Man I saw a lot of comparisons to Casablanca and I just had to know if those comparisons were valid so I went ahead a placed an order for it.

Its climbed to #11 on Amazon top sellers so obviously there's a little bit of buzz surrounding it.

I just wish I could stop buying these damn blu rays. Between this, Battlestar Galactica Complete AND The Plan, I've spent a TON on blu ray this week alone. Not to mention the other releases I couldn't resist lately.[/QUOTE]

That's not a rumor. It is confirmed OOP on Criterion's website. What's out there is all that is left.

http://www.criterion.com/films/236

[quote name='Sporadic']That's not a rumor. It is confirmed OOP on Criterion's website. What's out there is all that is left.[/quote]
There was some initial confusion as to whether or not the OOP status meant it was being replaced by different packaging. Then somone found the DVD version was discontinued as well so it looks more like they lost distribution rights to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back