Blu-ray Discussion Thread - The One and Only

[quote name='freshzen']The only thing that makes the Iron Man movie cool is the suit, take away the suit and it'd be a total yawn fest. Still better than The Incredible Hulk. Maybe I just don't like superhero movies where they aren't a superhero through 3/4 of the movie.[/quote]

Exactly.

[quote name='rick3000gto']Is it worth it to wait for "The Whole Bloody Affair" or just pick up part 1 and 2 of kill bill now on BD?[/QUOTE]

There is no indication that will ever come out on BD or DVD in the next few years. It was rumored well over 2 years ago for a DVD release.

[quote name='GizmoGC']It appears Indy 4 and The Strangers should be arriving today for me...I'll post impressions![/quote]

I'd be interested in Indy 4. I pre-ordered on Amazon due to it being in my Gold box today. I'd like to know what I'd be sinking my 25 into.

[quote name='GizmoGC']It appears Indy 4 and The Strangers should be arriving today for me...I'll post impressions![/QUOTE]

If you want to dump the Strangers on anyone, gimme a call :)

[quote name='VipFREAK']I searched around here, but anyway... Any deals for Iron Man in store tomorrow? Not that I won't buy it tomorrow either way[/quote]

target has a pretty cool helmet case for the blu ray for 27.99. its about 25 everywhere else.

Cool, should I expect it to go fast?
195517897341e71f258d9b3.gif

It shouldn't be hard to get at all. My store isn't even a high volume store and we got about 30 copies in, whereas we usually only get about 10 of any high profile blu ray new release. I can't say for sure about future shipments but the initial shipment consists entirely of the special case. Personally, I wasn't that enthused about it after seeing it in person.

[quote name='aznguyen316']Looks like Sarah Marshall at Target is cheapest.. hmm wonder what I'd be missing on the 3 disc ed.[/QUOTE]

Target ad shows $29.99 while the CC ad shows $27.99. It's just $2 but still cheaper at CC.

Couple of quick impressions --

INDY 4 looks as good as it can on Blu-Ray -- but I hated Janusz Kaminski's stylized cinematography, which is at odds with all the prior movies, and as much as I loved Raiders, Temple of Doom & Last Crusade, the movie is a total mess IMO. Overall though it's a solid Blu-Ray, the sound is terrific also, and the extras are OK, but are mostly promo filler about how great the movie is and such.

THE STRANGERS is a BD25 and looks and sounds terrific. I personally disliked this one also, but if you're a fan, at least it gives you both cuts of the movie. No real big extras otherwise though.

Can someone who picks up the target iron man blu ray post some impressions? Specifically is it metal or plastic? Maybe some pics? Netflix didn't ship it to me today and I am impatient as all hell so Im trying to decide where to pick it up.

i just got the blu-ray for iron man for ~21.00 from best buy.

rang up as the 2 dvd price [22.99] for some reason + 10% off from insider book

wasn't going to buy it, but too much hype i guess i have to see it now

[quote name='genfuyung']Can someone who picks up the target iron man blu ray post some impressions? Specifically is it metal or plastic? Maybe some pics? Netflix didn't ship it to me today and I am impatient as all hell so Im trying to decide where to pick it up.[/quote]It's plastic. It hinges at the top to open up to the discs themselves. Nothing too special, IMO.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']It's plastic. It hinges at the top to open up to the discs themselves. Nothing too special, IMO.[/quote]

eh, I'll probably pass then. Thanks.

Not sure if anyone else received a coupons from borders, but it's for buy 2 get one free blu-ray. Was able to pick up Iron Man, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and picked up Speed Racer for free.

[quote name='jcp4305']Not sure if anyone else received a coupons from borders, but it's for buy 2 get one free blu-ray. Was able to pick up Iron Man, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and picked up Speed Racer for free.[/quote]

what were the prices of iron man and Forgetting Sarah Marshall?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Damn, I didn't know that Best Buy had a lithograph...if my copy didn't already ship from Amazon, I would have gotten it there :wall:[/quote]

Damn. If I would have known somebody would want the lithograph, I would have picked it up and gave it to you. It didn't look very nice... kinda like a poster the size of 2 regular sheets of paper side by side with a mediocre picture on it.

BTW, I picked up Iron Man on Blu Ray (unfortunately for the regular sale price since BB already corrected the pricing error from this morning) and it had a sticker covering the old UPC. Hopefully that means somebody switched out the defective first disc that was covered on the first post. :lol:

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']Damn. If I would have known somebody would want the lithograph, I would have picked it up and gave it to you. It didn't look very nice... kinda like a poster the size of 2 regular sheets of paper side by side with a mediocre picture on it.

BTW, I picked up Iron Man on Blu Ray (unfortunately for the regular sale price since BB already corrected the pricing error from this morning) and it had a sticker covering the old UPC. Hopefully that means somebody switched out the defective first disc that was covered on the first post. :lol:[/quote]

Oh well...

I saw someone at work that had it, I liked it. :D...My little sis is buying the DVD, she's going to see if she can hook me up.

What was the error on pricing for the :br:...the 2disc DVD price?

[quote name='jcp4305']Not sure if anyone else received a coupons from borders, but it's for buy 2 get one free blu-ray. Was able to pick up Iron Man, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and picked up Speed Racer for free.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. Here is the coupon for in-store straight from the website if anybody is interested.

http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/couponb2g1bluray0930.asp?cmpid=SL_20080930_NR

You must be a Borders rewards member to use the coupon and I think it's free to sign up.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Oh well...

I saw someone at work that had it, I liked it. :D...My little sis is buying the DVD, she's going to see if she can hook me up.

What was the error on pricing for the :br:...the 2disc DVD price?[/quote]

Best Buy was selling the Blu Ray 2 disc Ultimate edition for the price of the DVD version at $22.99 instead of $25.99. Every little bit helps. :)

Well just tried Iron Man BD on my PS3 and the loading screen (the thing in his chest) just comes up nothing after that. On my LG Super Blue Combo HD/BD player it get to the Fire Fighter Dinner scean and it locks up. Any one else have this issue? The bar code number on mine is 0 97361 38570 9. If I remember correctly this is the one that should play.

Maybe the Iron Man Target SE's are made from the defective pressings .

My copy is doing the same thing .

Chest logo infinite loading FTL .

I read somewhere in another forum that if you download the firmware update and let the chest loading screen go for about 15 minutes, it will download the BD-live applet or whatever it's called and work and then the next time you view it, should be no waiting. Might be worth checking out for you guys if you are stuck with it for right now.

Unfortunately, I rented mine with my blockbuster online package and it's currently in transit so I won't be able to try (assuming I have issues) until tomorrow.

Edit: My buddy bought it today and I told him to try this and he just called me and said he was able to get it to work using the steps above, so FYI.

Weak...Amazon shipped my order yesterday and its literally 15min away from my house at a UPS location as of this morning...Est. delivery tomorrow :whistle2:|

man i went to target and boy was that iron man packaging ugly.. i decided not to get it and just went to best buy. i was hoping the helmet was just an extra and that the original packaging was included..

edit- great my bb copy is not loading pass the startup.. ill try letting it go.

[quote name='zman73']I had the same issue on my PS3.... didnt load on the first disc...[/QUOTE]

To play on the PS3 , without waiting forever , you must disable your network connection .

I checked the Hi-Def Digest forums and others have had this issue. Like some of you said just let it run and it can take up to 15-20 minutes and work fine after that. You can also unplug the ethernet cable. Hower my PS3 is wireless so if you have one that is wireless you can go to a setting and change it so that it will ask you if you want it to connect. I was trying to find where it was at however I could not. I will try this on my PS3 later tonight and try to find that setting however I think I read it in this thread here

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu...ussion/67476-iron-man-ps3-bluray-problem.html

EDIT: Found it. Go into BD settings for the PS3 and tell it to "confirm" istead of "allow" BD's to access the Internet. Then when asked to connect to the internet tell it "no".

wow.. i see paramaount is still having these old issues.. these same probs have been around since their first online enabled hd dvd discs

[quote name='sendme']I checked the Hi-Def Digest forums and others have had this issue. Like some of you said just let it run and it can take up to 15-20 minutes and work fine after that. You can also unplug the ethernet cable. Hower my PS3 is wireless so if you have one that is wireless you can go to a setting and change it so that it will ask you if you want it to connect. I was trying to find where it was at however I could not. I will try this on my PS3 later tonight and try to find that setting however I think I read it in this thread here

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu...ussion/67476-iron-man-ps3-bluray-problem.html

EDIT: Found it. Go into BD settings for the PS3 and tell it to "confirm" istead of "allow" BD's to access the Internet. Then when asked to connect to the internet tell it "no".[/quote]

thanks for the advice! It worked perfectly! Is Internet connectivity necessary for any of the additional functionality of the disc, like BD-Live?

Luckily, Blockbuster wouldn't let anyone buy or rent the Blu-ray version of Iron Man but they stated that the replacement disc should be at the store tomorrow so I will have to go back tomorrow. Hopefully, I can get it for $29.99 like some have reported since I didn't fully pay off my pre-order.

bread's done
Back