Blu-ray Discussion Thread - The One and Only

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Looks like Amazon France has it uncensored. Not sure if they ship to US, but it is region free.

http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000SOMEB6/[/QUOTE]

The French cut is 5 seconds shorter than the Japanese version, but has better extras. The French version is also going to run like $10 bucks less and is confirmed all region.

I found a couple thru google but can't post links as it's a tos violation. Good luck.

[quote name='Deadpool']The French cut is 5 seconds shorter than the Japanese version, but has better extras. The French version is also going to run like $10 bucks less and is confirmed all region.

I found a couple thru google but can't post links as it's a tos violation. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

From what I've read though, Japan's transfers of Transporter 1 and 2 are the best PQ-wise. I'd pick them up, but they would cost over $50 to get I think

[quote name='gunm']This week's BR release highlights were Knowing and Push.
cagus.smile.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Push was at great flick in my opinion, worthy of buying indeed.

[quote name='lolwut?']From what I've read though, Japan's transfers of Transporter 1 and 2 are the best PQ-wise.[/QUOTE]

I never thought of different region's having a better PQ transfers than others. Whats a good place to find who has the best releases when it comes to PQ?

[quote name='elcheap0']I never thought of different region's having a better PQ transfers than others. Whats a good place to find who has the best releases when it comes to PQ?[/QUOTE]

I usually use AVSforums. I think there's a topic about it there in the Blu-Ray Software section. I'll update this post with the thread if I find it, and yes, different regions come with better transfers all the time. Another one I know off the top of my head is Sin City; Japan and USA's are fairly equal, while Canada's is a bit worse. They are all pretty damn good though :lol:

[quote name='gunm']This week's BR release highlights were Knowing and Push.[/QUOTE]

Grumpy Old Men as well. Too bad it has NO extras and Warner wants around $20 for it.

[quote name='aboveaveragewes']I'm thinking of buying Robocop for $10. Do you think it's worth it?[/QUOTE]

Well... it's probably not going to get a new treatment till the supposed reboot is made, so i say yes. Crappy transfer but fantastic movie.

Any deals on Coraline Blu-Ray? It's about $20 at most places online and $26 in B&M stores. Do any places do in-store pickup for this kind of thing?

Otherwise I'll just get it on Amazon and add something else for the free shipping.

[quote name='Benisjamin']Any deals on Coraline Blu-Ray? It's about $20 at most places online and $26 in B&M stores. Do any places do in-store pickup for this kind of thing?

Otherwise I'll just get it on Amazon and add something else for the free shipping.[/QUOTE]Amazon seems to have dropped its price in response to Walmart.com dropping their price to $20.32 under Amazon's old price of $20.49. Currently, it's $19.49, and I think that's about as cheap as you'll see it for a bit.

B&M pricing seems to be set around the $26 mark, though I thought Best Buy had it cheaper, though it was only before Sunday's ad.

[quote name='shrike4242']Amazon seems to have dropped its price in response to Walmart.com dropping their price to $20.32 under Amazon's old price of $20.49. Currently, it's $19.49, and I think that's about as cheap as you'll see it for a bit.

B&M pricing seems to be set around the $26 mark, though I thought Best Buy had it cheaper, though it was only before Sunday's ad.[/QUOTE]

For those that have a Fry's close by, they had it in their Sunday ad for $20.77. This was in the Sacramento Bee...I'll probably just price match at Best Buy.

[quote name='shrike4242']Amazon seems to have dropped its price in response to Walmart.com dropping their price to $20.32 under Amazon's old price of $20.49. Currently, it's $19.49, and I think that's about as cheap as you'll see it for a bit.

B&M pricing seems to be set around the $26 mark, though I thought Best Buy had it cheaper, though it was only before Sunday's ad.[/QUOTE]

Walmart.com has it for $19.32 + $2.47 making it $21.79, and Buy.com has it for $20.70 with free shipping. Both accept PayPal!

[quote name='lawdood']For those that have a Fry's close by, they had it in their Sunday ad for $20.77. This was in the Sacramento Bee...I'll probably just price match at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]No Fry's out there, which is why I didn't know about it. Good price for B&M for sure.

[quote name='Benisjamin']Walmart.com has it for $19.32 + $2.47 making it $21.79, and Buy.com has it for $20.70 with free shipping. Both accept PayPal![/QUOTE]No surprise there since Amazon dropped their price. I wonder if Amazon will counter. :D

Buy.com's price is pretty good for a shipped price without Amazon figured into the mix, though having Prime, it was a easy decision for me.

[quote name='guyver2077']anyone else preorder watchmen at wb store? I guess they dont ship out early anymore?[/QUOTE]
thats what i'm sayin.....they definitely shipped black freighter and my extra blu-ray post hast.....i guess this is punishment.

[quote name='flatliner718']thats what i'm sayin.....they definitely shipped black freighter and my extra blu-ray post hast.....i guess this is punishment.[/QUOTE]

well atleast now i know.. i used to order from only because the coupon code and new releases would arrive at my door the day before release day

[quote name='guyver2077']well atleast now i know.. i used to order from only because the coupon code and new releases would arrive at my door the day before release day[/QUOTE]

ever since they switched websites to wbshop.com they stopped shipping pre-orders early. It's posted over at Blu-ray.com and HDD that multiple people have called WB and gotten replies that Watchmen discs won't ship out till thursday at the earliest.

[quote name='wormraper']ever since they switched websites to wbshop.com they stopped shipping pre-orders early. It's posted over at Blu-ray.com and HDD that multiple people have called WB and gotten replies that Watchmen discs won't ship out till thursday at the earliest.[/QUOTE]

Thursday? Holy fucking fail.

I got Watchmen, Black Freighter, and Gran Torino fore $28 shipped.

The fact that they even honored the mistake is enough for me. I can wait a couple days.

I got Watchmen. I may still bite on Ultimate Double Dip Money Grab Edition, though, if only because they will give $10 off w/proof of purchase of this month's release. :p

wb is pretty good about honoring their screw ups

i remember they sent me about 40 free blu rays when the shop first opened. i had an order for 5 which i wanted to cancel one item and the only way was to cancel the entire thing

then boxes kept showing up at my house of those 5 movies over and over. never got charged and they said i could keep them

Picked up Watchmen(non-mask edition...ill probably get it when the hype hopefully dies down) and Children of Men from BB yesterday:)

I wonder if Sony's new code STAYBLU3 for Amazon blus would work with Quantum? I saw the movie already via Netflix, but I may bite on it for $12.49...

[quote name='The Notorious ROB']I got Watchmen Director's Cut Blu-ray. However I notice iTunes version I downloaded was the regular version.[/QUOTE]

That's not a mistake, it was that way from the get go. I don't know the reasoning for it, but I suppose now I can own both editions?? :whistle2:s

[quote name='gunm']I wonder if Sony's new code STAYBLU3 for Amazon blus would work with Quantum? I saw the movie already via Netflix, but I may bite on it for $12.49...[/QUOTE]Just tried and it wouldn't work for me.:cry:

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Just tried and it wouldn't work for me.:cry:[/QUOTE]

Bummer, I guess that one is not a "Staycation" title. Sorry, the link took me to a PDF with the qualifying titles, but instead of text, it's all tiny little pictures I can't see too well on my little laptop screen. >_<

There's also 23001 for DD. It don't believe DD's codes are stackable, though.

[quote name='Trace17']That's not a mistake, it was that way from the get go. I don't know the reasoning for it, but I suppose now I can own both editions?? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]I guess it's a good thing then.

Heads up guys:

If you have a Samsung or LG BluRay player, you can expect some audio issues with the Watchemn: DC. I have a LG BD390 and the audio goes completely out of sync multiple times. You have to continuously pause and play to get it working again.

I'm hoping for a firmware update soon.

[quote name='guyver2077']has anyones wb watchmen shipped yet? im kinda pissed that i still dont have it.[/QUOTE]

Mine hasn't shipped either. I ordered it with Green Lantern and The Black Freigther...got TBF, maybe they'll ship it this Tuesday along with my Green Lantern.

i got free dvd's from amazon. all i had to do was fill out some surveys to build up spending points. link is in sig and you get 250 free spending point just for following link!:D

[quote name='Taboner']Heads up guys:

If you have a Samsung or LG BluRay player, you can expect some audio issues with the Watchemn: DC. I have a LG BD390 and the audio goes completely out of sync multiple times. You have to continuously pause and play to get it working again.

I'm hoping for a firmware update soon.[/QUOTE]

i have the same player and no problems with my copy

maybe i have a newer player? i think the manf date was may 09

bread's done
Back