Blu-Ray/DVD Coupons and Rebates 2010-11. Now Wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animal7390

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blu-Ray/DVD Coupons and Rebates Thread

[SIZE=+2] WE DO NOT HAVE PDFS OF THE COUPON PRINTING COUPONS, THE COUPONS ARE INDIVIDUALLY NUMBERED[/SIZE]

Please keep trade and other off topic chatter to a minimum. It is healthy and unless it gets out of hand or really off topic or in a direction that is heading towards fraud or illegal actions, please do not worry.

The Disney Movie Rewards site has changed, the coupon printing is now associated with your account, printing 2 times per account is now the limit, as well as per computer. This was tested at the end of the Toy Story craze a while back. If you know someone else with an account, see if you can have them print their extra coupons if you need them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Coupon Websites

Disney Movie Rewards: (most popular)
Need to login to access coupons; also requires Coupon Printer program (prompts you for download upon accessing coupon)

Coupons.com:
Entertainment or Home Entertainment (left side of the page) – No login required.

Red Plum:
Coupons occasionally pop up here

Active and Available Coupons

DMR
Treasure Buddies - 2/5
Lady and the Tramp - 2/19

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Expired Deals]

URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293811"]$8 off Dumbo BD pre-order from Amazon[/URL]

DMR
$5 off any ...
Tinker Bell Blu-ray Combo Pack
Spooky Buddies
Dumbo​

Coupons.com this week...
BluRay $2 off

Thomas: Day of the Diesels
Barney Big World Adventure
DVD $6 off
Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension
Year of a Million Moments

BluRay $3 off

Marmaduke
Juno
There’s Something About Mary
Mrs. Doubtfire
Wall Street
Edward Scissorhands
The Devil Wears Prada
Cyrus
Cast Away
Horton Hears a Who!​
$3 off Rio Blu or DVD
$5 off the Fox and the hound 2-movie pack BD Pre-order
(also listed in above thread)
$5 off The Fox and the Hound Blu-Ray/DVD DMR
$5 off Mars Needs Moms Blu-Ray/DVD DMR
$3 off the following Blu-Ray's or DVDs:Ice Age
Ice Age (2) The Meltdown
Ice Age (3) Dawn of the Dinosaurs
Horton Hears a Who

BJs Wholesale has quite a few coupons available. Coupons are only available in store and through a mailing. With the permission of the mods, I can post pictures. Pictures will only work on self checkout. Can combine manufacturers and store coups.
$10 off:
A-Team - ?
Despicable Me - $12.99 ac
Knight and Day - 14.99 ac

$5 off Shrek 4 blu

$5 off any blu/dvd combo pack, ymmv on combining both but it at least works on all blu/dvd combos so Fargo and species type combos are 4.99 after coupon.

$8 off Coupon for Twilght
www.redplum.com

$8 Mater’s Tall Tales
check your email
Expires 12/18

$10 off Toy Story 3
check your email
Expires 12/18

$5 off dvd or dvd holiday pack.
www.shreksavings.com or coupons.com

$5 off Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue BR/DVD combo
*Offer good in the U.S., its territories and Canada. Coupon expires 1/24/11. Coupon available through 1/23/11. Limit two printed coupons per computer. Void where prohibited. While supplies last. See coupon for complete details.

Disney Magical Savings

$6 off Starstruck

iconamazon.gif
Amazon.com Coupon codes:
Enter code RANGO5GO at checkout and save on Rango on DVD or Two Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy. ($14.99 after coupon 7/6)

$5 off printable Rango coupon available http://www.rangocoupon.com/

iconbestbuy.gif
$5 off any Blu-ray or DVD $14.99 and up at Best Buy stores valid through July 31, 2011
(not available/valid for online or for in-store pick-up). Coupon indicates it's restricted to regular priced items only, however it automatically works at the register on sale/discounted items, but as always YMMV on that.

$19.99 for Iron Man: Extremis and Spider Woman: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. on Blu-Ray (Coupon is only good for June 17 & 18 and only valid at Best Buy!)[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else having trouble getting the Alice coupon today? When I click the enter code button it just sends me back to the homepage!?!

[quote name='javeryh']That sounds like total crap to me - did the cashier even try to scan the coupon? I've used the Disney coupons tons of times (but never at BB) without a problem. Target and TRU always run it through with no trouble at all!

EDIT: I just looked at the printout - the "cannot be combined" language appears OUTSIDE the coupon area where you are supposed to cut it out... which is what I'm going to do I guess...[/QUOTE]

It's actually also included in the little paragraph that starts with "CONSUMER:" and it's the line right before where it says the "Cash Value.."

Let me know if you are able to use it at target or TRU!

[quote name='sangredekrazy']Tried to use the coupon at Best Buy and was told i could not use it on the sale price. They are stating that the line that says "..Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer..." includes a sale price.

I tried this in the Eagan, MN best buy and wondering if anyone has had luck buying Alice In Wonderland today.[/QUOTE]

I've had that happen to me at Best Buy store 502- so I quit shopping there.

Just got back from Best Buy and got it with no issues...even the cashier asked me if I had the coupon before I got it out of my pocket.

The store was picked clean, the end cap was empty, and the Disney Blu-Ray location only had about 4-5 left.

-------

@ sangredekrazy that stinks! You should PM the sale price at Target and use the coupon there instead.

Best buy stores are ridiculous... occasionally you'll get a good employee who will just scan the coupon and it'll work.

Then you have the employees who whip out the magnifying glass and try to come up with any reason not to honor it.

This is also why I stopped shopping at best buy.. unless there is something really good that's worth it.

The coupon won't scan at Best Buy, as they have to enter it as a "manufacturer coupon".

Target and Walmart, it scans at the register without any issue.

I'm hoping to price match at BB later today. But it just hit me, I always forget that Target usually have to put the damn things in a plastic security holder that tears up and ruins the slipcovers. I hate that! Hopefully they have some that aren't crushed.

Absolutely no issues at the Sherman Oaks BB. There was another guy 2 people ahead of me in line with the coupon as well, so they're seeing it and know what to do (manual override). I was there about 11am and they only had 3 copies left in the new releases.

It sure seems like Disney's kind of sneaking this one out under the radar for some reason.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Just got back from Best Buy and got it with no issues...even the cashier asked me if I had the coupon before I got it out of my pocket.

The store was picked clean, the end cap was empty, and the Disney Blu-Ray location only had about 4-5 left.

-------

@ sangredekrazy that stinks! You should PM the sale price at Target and use the coupon there instead.[/QUOTE]

I e-mailed best buy so we'll see what they come back with but yeah, I am going to go to Target and just PM it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The store was picked clean, the end cap was empty, and the Disney Blu-Ray location only had about 4-5 left.[/QUOTE]

Shit, this is exactly what I'm afraid is going to happen here, and I can't make it to the store until after work this evening. I'm wondering if I order it online for in-store pick-up, whether they'll be able to adjust it for the coupon when I get there, or whether I'll just find myself with a bigger hassle to deal with.

Edit: Eh, worth trying. Worst case scenario if they give me too much trouble, I just return it.

[quote name='arcane93']Shit, this is exactly what I'm afraid is going to happen here, and I can't make it to the store until after work this evening. I'm wondering if I order it online for in-store pick-up, whether they'll be able to adjust it for the coupon when I get there, or whether I'll just find myself with a bigger hassle to deal with.[/QUOTE]

In my experience, they can not/will not do that. They can not cancel your online order either (if it has already been picked).

[quote name='slowdive21']In my experience, they can not/will not do that. They can not cancel your online order either.[/QUOTE]

They can take a return though (so maybe a return/rebuy would be doable), and/or if I "don't pick up" an order, it automatically gets cancelled after a week. So screw it, might as well try it, it's not like I'll be stuck with it. If nothing else, maybe when they see that I'm entirely willing to walk out of the store without it, they'll cave.

[quote name='sangredekrazy']I e-mailed best buy so we'll see what they come back with but yeah, I am going to go to Target and just PM it.[/QUOTE]

So I said this to Best Buy:
Hello. I tried to purchase Alice in Wonderland Blu-ray version today with a 10 dollar off coupon I received from Disney and was turned away. They stated that the coupon states that it cannot be used on a sale price. I asked them to point out where on the coupon it states that because I didn't see that anywhere on the coupon. They were unable to show me where it stated that on the coupon but still did not allow me to use the coupon. I have used these Disney coupons at Best Buy before and have never been turned away. I have always used them in conjunction with the new release sale prices. I'm not too happy this happened and am going to take my business elsewhere that will honor a valid coupon.

And got this in response:

I am very sorry to read that your local store would not accept the Alice in Wonderland coupon. If this was a valid manufacturer's coupon, the store should have accepted it in conjunction with the sale price. If you could please email the details of your visit to us at [email protected], we'll be happy to look into this further with you.

Melissa

Hopefully they'll get back to me soon because I'm off work in about an hour and if I don't hear back I'll just go PM at target!

Just walked in to the one in Oceanside, CA. Racks were empty, but there were counter displays at each cash register with a few copies. Guy saw the coupon, said 'oh good, you've got the coupon already', and gave me $10 off. No trouble at all.

[quote name='sangredekrazy']So I said this to Best Buy:
Hello. I tried to purchase Alice in Wonderland Blu-ray version today with a 10 dollar off coupon I received from Disney and was turned away. They stated that the coupon states that it cannot be used on a sale price. I asked them to point out where on the coupon it states that because I didn't see that anywhere on the coupon. They were unable to show me where it stated that on the coupon but still did not allow me to use the coupon. I have used these Disney coupons at Best Buy before and have never been turned away. I have always used them in conjunction with the new release sale prices. I'm not too happy this happened and am going to take my business elsewhere that will honor a valid coupon.

And got this in response:

I am very sorry to read that your local store would not accept the Alice in Wonderland coupon. If this was a valid manufacturer's coupon, the store should have accepted it in conjunction with the sale price. If you could please email the details of your visit to us at [email protected], we'll be happy to look into this further with you.

Melissa

Hopefully they'll get back to me soon because I'm off work in about an hour and if I don't hear back I'll just go PM at target![/QUOTE]

I've used the customer service phone and gotten small apology gift cards in the mail in some instances.

I didn't have any issue at my best buy besides finding them. They were hidden away on an obscure shelf. Only two left after I got mine at lunch.

Well, just got my email that mine is being held. We'll see what happens. If nothing else, I can use that stop at the store to grab a copy of their ad to take down the street and PM at Target. ;)

My 2 closest BB's were completely sold out by the time I got there (around 4pm). They did say they are supposedly getting another shipment this week... I honestly didn't think this bluray would be that popular.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']My 2 closest BB's were completely sold out by the time I got there (around 4pm). They did say they are supposedly getting another shipment this week... I honestly didn't think this bluray would be that popular.[/QUOTE]
Disney blu-rays are always tough to find release week. The $10 coupons make these irresistible. I know I am hoping to have every Disney animated movie on BR when it is all said and done.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']^ Yeah, I have every Disney animated movie that's not a direct-to-DVD sequel or cheapy on Blu.[/QUOTE]
Hey, I even have all of the direct to DVD Tinkerbell movies. I have a 2 year old daughter who loves them, and I will even admit that they are nowhere near as bad as I would have guessed. In fact in the realm of things 2 year olds watch it is about as good as it gets.

I had no problem finding a copy of Alice at my go-to BB on the way home from work around 7:30 last night. There were bunches. This is a very large footprint store, so maybe they have more than most, or maybe it was the thunderstorms most of the day that kept people away. Anyway, the coupon didn't scan, but she keyed it in without saying a word. It's amazing how accommodating some stores are, while others can't even be troubled to smile at you.

[quote name='ackbar7']Hey, I even have all of the direct to DVD Tinkerbell movies. I have a 2 year old daughter who loves them, and I will even admit that they are nowhere near as bad as I would have guessed. In fact in the realm of things 2 year olds watch it is about as good as it gets.[/QUOTE]

Does your daughter like ponyo?

Well, ordering it for store pick-up online and then using the coupon in the store turned out not to be a problem. Here's what I found out in the process:

First, two points that I already knew:

1. When you order online for store pickup, they just put a hold on your credit card. They don't actually charge your card until you actually pick up the item.

2. If you don't pick up an item within 8 days, the order gets cancelled.

The woman at the customer service desk was very helpful in putting the rest together:

3. When a customer picks up an item from an online order, the system locks the store out from doing anything, including a return, for four hours. So you can't immediately adjust the order, return the item, or anything like that.

4. However, when an item is pulled and placed on hold for an order, the item itself has not been removed from their inventory or otherwise made unavailable for purchase. They can still sell it in a different transaction, just like it wasn't on reserve.

So what she was able to do for me was this: She took the item that I had on hold for in-store pick-up, and sold it to me in a completely separate transaction, in which she was able to apply the coupon. As far as their computer is concerned, the item is still "on hold" for me and I haven't picked up my order. She told me that I could either call to cancel it (she couldn't do it herself), or I could just let it go for 8 days, and it will automatically be cancelled. I'll probably just do the latter, because I don't really care enough to go through the hassle of calling them.

Anyway, thought that might be helpful, as it's a pretty easy way to get around their inability to modify in-store pick-up transactions. Of course it'll be YMMV on getting them to do it for you, but it's not that complicated.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='typical guy']Does your daughter like ponyo?[/QUOTE]

I wish they'd hurry up with more Miyazaki blus. Ponyo looks and sounds SO good. I know we're supposed to get Nausicaä (not my favorite) at some point here, but it seems ridiculous to me that we don't have the A-listers like Spirted Away, Mononoke, and Totoro yet.

[quote name='arcane93']Well, ordering it for store pick-up online and then using the coupon in the store turned out not to be a problem. Here's what I found out in the process:

First, two points that I already knew:

1. When you order online for store pickup, they just put a hold on your credit card. They don't actually charge your card until you actually pick up the item.

2. If you don't pick up an item within 8 days, the order gets cancelled.

The woman at the customer service desk was very helpful in putting the rest together:

3. When a customer picks up an item from an online order, the system locks the store out from doing anything, including a return, for four hours. So you can't immediately adjust the order, return the item, or anything like that.

4. However, when an item is pulled and placed on hold for an order, the item itself has not been removed from their inventory or otherwise made unavailable for purchase. They can still sell it in a different transaction, just like it wasn't on reserve.

So what she was able to do for me was this: She took the item that I had on hold for in-store pick-up, and sold it to me in a completely separate transaction, in which she was able to apply the coupon. As far as their computer is concerned, the item is still "on hold" for me and I haven't picked up my order. She told me that I could either call to cancel it (she couldn't do it herself), or I could just let it go for 8 days, and it will automatically be cancelled. I'll probably just do the latter, because I don't really care enough to go through the hassle of calling them.

Anyway, thought that might be helpful, as it's a pretty easy way to get around their inability to modify in-store pick-up transactions. Of course it'll be YMMV on getting them to do it for you, but it's not that complicated.[/QUOTE]

This is all stuff I knew, but it is still YMMV.

Most stores will not allow you to do that. You have a "good" best buy.

Step 4 isn't quite correct. They do come out of the available inventory. When I went to pick up LBP2 they had 3 copies in the store. In their ems system? 1 was available for sale, the other 2 were on hold. The inventory system does separate the items. I understand they can choose to sell them anyway, but their inventory will be incorrect until the on hold copies are cancelled. That is why most stores won't do it.

[quote name='typical guy']Does your daughter like ponyo?[/QUOTE]
We tried to watch it and she was totally freaked out by the opening and insisted we turn it off.

The BB I stopped at was out of them but the guy said there was a ton of people with the coupon so that's probably why. Instead of trying another store tonight I just walked next door to Target and paid $13 for it. Totally worth it to me to spend the extra $3 and not have to drive all over the place.

[quote name='ackbar7']We tried to watch it and she was totally freaked out by the opening and insisted we turn it off.[/QUOTE]

My daughter likes ponyo and is the same age.

[quote name='javeryh']The BB I stopped at was out of them but the guy said there was a ton of people with the coupon so that's probably why. Instead of trying another store tonight I just walked next door to Target and paid $13 for it. Totally worth it to me to spend the extra $3 and not have to drive all over the place.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing, that I'll just buy it at target to save time, because BBY was out....

But Target was out too. Had to drive 10 miles to another BBY, which had two copies left. No other BBY around had a single copy.

[quote name='elessar123']I thought the same thing, that I'll just buy it at target to save time, because BBY was out....

But Target was out too. Had to drive 10 miles to another BBY, which had two copies left. No other BBY around had a single copy.[/QUOTE]

I had the same idea but Target was out as well. BB said the other stores in my area were out as well. I didn't feel like driving all the way to downtown San Francisco just to get it...I'll try another Target today as a last-gasp effort.

Another updated list of coupons from coupons.com

3 dollars off:

Ever After
There's Something About Mary
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
Romeo and Juliet
Say Anything
27 Dresses
Australia
Moulin Rouge

4 dollars off:

Grown Ups
Eat Prey Love
Easy A
Karate Kid

5 dollars off:

Dances with Wolves
An Affair to Remember

8 dollars off:

Select two Mickey Mote

10 dollars off:

Paul Newman Tribute Collection

The BB I stopped at was out of them but the guy said there was a ton of people with the coupon so that's probably why. Instead of trying another store tonight I just walked next door to Target and paid $13 for it. Totally worth it to me to spend the extra $3 and not have to drive all over the place.

Not that it really matters, but if you went to BB first and then Target was right next door, why didn't you grab a BB ad and price match? I know it's only a 3 dollar difference but still. I PM'd at Target and used the coupon no problem.

For Disney rewards members, enter the following code and you'll get 50 bonus points if you enter another code before Feb 15th.
M1D17PYH9MXZ

[quote name='typical guy']For Disney rewards members, enter the following code and you'll get 50 bonus points if you enter another code before Feb 15th.
M1D17PYH9MXZ[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Glad I didn't give my GF Alice in Wonderland yet because she enters the points ASAP.

I was completely floored that I was able to use the Alice $10 coupon at the Best Buy across from the BB corporate campus.

Last Disney :br: coupon I was able to use successfully was Ponyo.

[quote name='manthing']I was completely floored that I was able to use the Alice $10 coupon at the Best Buy across from the BB corporate campus.

Last Disney :br: coupon I was able to use successfully was Ponyo.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why? The manufacturer (Buena Vista) pays/refunds BB the $10. I have never had an issue. And by the way, all the BB near me have copies of Alice, I don't know if they restocked or simply never sold out but for those interested check your stores again.

Got Alice in Wonderland today for $11.xx (after coupon and tax) from Best Buy. Biggest problem was that they had placed the Johnny Depp Alice in the spot for the animated Alice. Employee looked it up, saw they had FIFTEEN (I'm guessing either a reshipment or they NEVER had them out so they never sold.)
So happy to get this on Blu for so cheap :D

[quote name='typical guy']For Disney rewards members, enter the following code and you'll get 50 bonus points if you enter another code before Feb 15th.
M1D17PYH9MXZ[/QUOTE]

I need to go to TRU to reserve Bambi. I'll probably use the code in whatever movie I pick up there.

I wanna thank this thread for explaining the Disney blu-ray coupon business. Picked up Alice In Wonderland for $10 last night, woohoo! Also grabbed Deep Blue Sea for $10 while I was at it, lol.

M1D17PYH9MXZ[/QUOTE]

DOH, didn't read the thread, and entered my points yesterday... oh well :(

[quote name='gothamcentral79']I got refused on the coupon at the best buy near me. Even called the manager over and he said the same thing.[/QUOTE]

That happened to me a while back with a different coupon. I called corporate (in store) and asked if it was ok. They said yes so I had them call my store and the manager seemed upset about it. He then told them that I was double dipping. I just left and bought the item at Target.

A day later I received an email from corporate asking about the situation and how it was handled. I explained what happened and that I eventually went to Target so I wouldn't have to deal with all the hassle. I told them I choose BB over Target because I collect Rewards Points.

That afternoon I received another email with a phone number to a direct line to a specialist in customer care. After explaining the situation a third time he apologized and gave me 20,00 Rewards Points. He also explained that they will be sending an notification to the manager at my local BB informing him about how to better deal with customers.

Now they take my coupons.

M

fuckers at bb wouldn't take my alice coup today. After I argued they saidthey would put the price at.the norm 30 to accept it. fucking hitch. Off to target to try it there. Never had an issue before.

Not sure if I'm posting this link correctly, but the $10 Groupon for a $20 Barnes & Noble gift card can set up some pretty nice deals for blu-ray movies: http://www.groupon.com/long-island/deals/barnes-noble-long-island (link says Long Island but you can use the code for online purchases).

I didn't think it would be worthwhile until I browsed the site and dug up some surprisingly decent prices. I ordered Clerks II for $11.69 and Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind for $14.84. Original total $28.82 after tax, used my gift card code to bring it down to $8.82. So in the end it's $8.82 + the $10 I spent on the groupon. $18.82 for both of those movies which is a much better total than you'd be able to get from Amazon at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back