Blu-Ray/DVD Coupons and Rebates 2010-11. Now Wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animal7390

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blu-Ray/DVD Coupons and Rebates Thread

[SIZE=+2] WE DO NOT HAVE PDFS OF THE COUPON PRINTING COUPONS, THE COUPONS ARE INDIVIDUALLY NUMBERED[/SIZE]

Please keep trade and other off topic chatter to a minimum. It is healthy and unless it gets out of hand or really off topic or in a direction that is heading towards fraud or illegal actions, please do not worry.

The Disney Movie Rewards site has changed, the coupon printing is now associated with your account, printing 2 times per account is now the limit, as well as per computer. This was tested at the end of the Toy Story craze a while back. If you know someone else with an account, see if you can have them print their extra coupons if you need them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Coupon Websites

Disney Movie Rewards: (most popular)
Need to login to access coupons; also requires Coupon Printer program (prompts you for download upon accessing coupon)

Coupons.com:
Entertainment or Home Entertainment (left side of the page) – No login required.

Red Plum:
Coupons occasionally pop up here

Active and Available Coupons

DMR
Treasure Buddies - 2/5
Lady and the Tramp - 2/19

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Expired Deals]

URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293811"]$8 off Dumbo BD pre-order from Amazon[/URL]

DMR
$5 off any ...
Tinker Bell Blu-ray Combo Pack
Spooky Buddies
Dumbo​

Coupons.com this week...
BluRay $2 off

Thomas: Day of the Diesels
Barney Big World Adventure
DVD $6 off
Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension
Year of a Million Moments

BluRay $3 off

Marmaduke
Juno
There’s Something About Mary
Mrs. Doubtfire
Wall Street
Edward Scissorhands
The Devil Wears Prada
Cyrus
Cast Away
Horton Hears a Who!​
$3 off Rio Blu or DVD
$5 off the Fox and the hound 2-movie pack BD Pre-order
(also listed in above thread)
$5 off The Fox and the Hound Blu-Ray/DVD DMR
$5 off Mars Needs Moms Blu-Ray/DVD DMR
$3 off the following Blu-Ray's or DVDs:Ice Age
Ice Age (2) The Meltdown
Ice Age (3) Dawn of the Dinosaurs
Horton Hears a Who

BJs Wholesale has quite a few coupons available. Coupons are only available in store and through a mailing. With the permission of the mods, I can post pictures. Pictures will only work on self checkout. Can combine manufacturers and store coups.
$10 off:
A-Team - ?
Despicable Me - $12.99 ac
Knight and Day - 14.99 ac

$5 off Shrek 4 blu

$5 off any blu/dvd combo pack, ymmv on combining both but it at least works on all blu/dvd combos so Fargo and species type combos are 4.99 after coupon.

$8 off Coupon for Twilght
www.redplum.com

$8 Mater’s Tall Tales
check your email
Expires 12/18

$10 off Toy Story 3
check your email
Expires 12/18

$5 off dvd or dvd holiday pack.
www.shreksavings.com or coupons.com

$5 off Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue BR/DVD combo
*Offer good in the U.S., its territories and Canada. Coupon expires 1/24/11. Coupon available through 1/23/11. Limit two printed coupons per computer. Void where prohibited. While supplies last. See coupon for complete details.

Disney Magical Savings

$6 off Starstruck

iconamazon.gif
Amazon.com Coupon codes:
Enter code RANGO5GO at checkout and save on Rango on DVD or Two Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy. ($14.99 after coupon 7/6)

$5 off printable Rango coupon available http://www.rangocoupon.com/

iconbestbuy.gif
$5 off any Blu-ray or DVD $14.99 and up at Best Buy stores valid through July 31, 2011
(not available/valid for online or for in-store pick-up). Coupon indicates it's restricted to regular priced items only, however it automatically works at the register on sale/discounted items, but as always YMMV on that.

$19.99 for Iron Man: Extremis and Spider Woman: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. on Blu-Ray (Coupon is only good for June 17 & 18 and only valid at Best Buy!)[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shrike4242']I just went to the movie section, picked up the movies, went to the CS desk and said that I had a price match to do. Showed the CS rep the BB flier and off it went. She's done PMs for me before, and the other ones before went down the same way.[/QUOTE]

yea the woman that is usually there wasn't there today.. ughhh

[quote name='dvltgrs24']got mine for $25 for mars 3d and fox and the hound I got them to price match best buy and instead of making mars 3d 27.99 they price matched it to $19.99[/QUOTE]

Same with me.

just watched the Fox and the Hound (#1) and I can see what reviews have been complaining about. First off, I wouldn't have noticed the black bars on the sides if I didn't read about them in the reviews. Second, the picture is so hit or miss... sometimes the movie looks fantastic, other times it barely looks remastered at all. I watched #1 in its entirety, and just flipped through some scenes of #2. #2 looks fantastic (it was also made in 06 I believe...) but it looks really nice. Didn't get to Mars today, maybe later.

Also what is up with the dvd disc stacking in the FatH case? So dumb.

[quote name='Penguin1084']just watched the Fox and the Hound (#1) and I can see what reviews have been complaining about. First off, I wouldn't have noticed the black bars on the sides if I didn't read about them in the reviews. Second, the picture is so hit or miss... sometimes the movie looks fantastic, other times it barely looks remastered at all. I watched #1 in its entirety, and just flipped through some scenes of #2. #2 looks fantastic (it was also made in 06 I believe...) but it looks really nice. Didn't get to Mars today, maybe later.

Also what is up with the dvd disc stacking in the FatH case? So dumb.[/QUOTE]Black bars on the side are for movies that were shot in an aspect ratio less than 1.78:1. If they're thin bars, it's likely 1.65:1, though if they're pretty big bars, it's likely to be 1.33:1.

The reviews I've read have pretty much echoed what you've said that it's a hit-or-miss encode.

With the past history of Pinocchio, Snow White, Fantasia and other past old classics, there's no reason why this couldn't get the same treatment as the other movies.

[quote name='hbk1313']Where are people finding the $8 peelie coupon? I have not seen it anywhere.

Thanx[/QUOTE]

we aren't. it's an automatic promo coming off at target

[quote name='Penguin1084']we aren't. it's an automatic promo coming off at target[/QUOTE]

There is a pic a page back of a Mars Needs Moms blue with an $8 peelie. They have to be out there somewhere.

[quote name='Penguin1084']we aren't. it's an automatic promo coming off at target[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hbk1313']There is a pic a page back of a Mars Needs Moms blue with an $8 peelie. They have to be out there somewhere.[/QUOTE]

The peelie definitely exists. It was on both the 2 disc and 4 disc Mars Needs Moms at my Wal-Mart. Right on the front cover, impossible to miss.

Havent seen it mentioned, unless I'm blind but at wal-Mart there are Save $10 with the purchase of 2 of the following:

Your Highness
Paul
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Dazed and Confused

The coupons are on the outside of the package of Your Highness. Not sure if any of the other movies had them on them but the copies of Paul I saw didnt. I had them pricematch Best Buy's $19.99 price for both Paul and Your Highness and used the $10 coupon..so got em both for $39.98. :)

[quote name='hbk1313']There is a pic a page back of a Mars Needs Moms blue with an $8 peelie. They have to be out there somewhere.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Corizzle']The peelie definitely exists. It was on both the 2 disc and 4 disc Mars Needs Moms at my Wal-Mart. Right on the front cover, impossible to miss.[/QUOTE]

oh ok then the peelies don't exist on Target copies of the movies ;)

[quote name='shrike4242']
The reviews I've read have pretty much echoed what you've said that it's a hit-or-miss encode.

With the past history of Pinocchio, Snow White, Fantasia and other past old classics, there's no reason why this couldn't get the same treatment as the other movies.[/QUOTE]

There's a bit of a "race to the bottom" bidding war trend that's going on in the restoration industry now. Expect to see a higher frequency of less-than-stellar restoration work from now on.

Even the restoration houses that are holding on to a reputation for quality stopped doing "pristine, no matter how long it takes" projects quite a while ago. I think Fantasia was the last time that happened. Not a bad bang to go out on.

wonder how best buy would react taking a coupon for each though. though with sucess using multiple $5 bluray coupons should have no problem. Does anyone know if these come with Disney Rewards?

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']wonder how best buy would react taking a coupon for each though. though with sucess using multiple $5 bluray coupons should have no problem. Does anyone know if these come with Disney Rewards?[/QUOTE]
That's YMMV. You can always ask to do separate transactions, which normally avoids any issue from the registers taking them.

As far as DMR goes it's not on the list:
http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/eligible-titles/blu-ray-dvd?page=1&q=a

However, I'm not sure how up to date that list is. "Bare bones" value releases are usually a no for DMR points, but I've seen a few with them. I'll find out tomorrow.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']That's YMMV. You can always ask to do separate transactions, which normally avoids any issue from the registers taking them.

As far as DMR goes it's not on the list:
http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/eligible-titles/blu-ray-dvd?page=1&q=a

However, I'm not sure how up to date that list is. "Bare bones" value releases are usually a no for DMR points, but I've seen a few with them. I'll find out tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

im sure its up to date seeing how Fox and the Hound bluray is listed. but maybe we will have a surprise. :)

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']wonder how best buy would react taking a coupon for each though. though with sucess using multiple $5 bluray coupons should have no problem. Does anyone know if these come with Disney Rewards?[/QUOTE]

When these films originally came out was when the Weinstein's were still part of Miramax and Dimension Films was part of it, and of course Disney owned Miramax. When the Weinstein's separated from Miramax/Disney they able to keep certain films and film labels like Dimension Films. So, The Spy Kids movies won't have DMR points since they are not part of Disney.

[quote name='outcastjon']When these films originally came out was when the Weinstein's were still part of Miramax and Dimension Films was part of it, and of course Disney owned Miramax. When the Weinstein's separated from Miramax/Disney they able to keep certain films and film labels like Dimension Films. So, The Spy Kids movies won't have DMR points since they are not part of Disney.[/QUOTE]
I see. So it's just Disney then?
What about non-Disney BVE releases? E.g. Gnomeo and Juliet it had them for both the tickets and the DVD/:br:

The Muppet stuff also has DMR codes, and they were acquired by Walt Disney home ent. but not original studio productions.

I don't doubt you, it just doesn't seem that cut and dry to me.

[quote name='shrike4242']With the past history of Pinocchio, Snow White, Fantasia and other past old classics, there's no reason why this couldn't get the same treatment as the other movies.[/QUOTE]

They're probably holding out on doing a good restoration of it so that they can use that to sell us a "platinum" edition again in a few years. :bomb:

[quote name='arcane93']They're probably holding out on doing a good restoration of it so that they can use that to sell us a "platinum" edition again in a few years. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Don't count on seeing a lot of pristine restorations from ANYONE from now on. Read what I wrote above.

You can theorize conspiracies all you want, but it's not cost effective for a studio to have a restoration house deliver a project in two stages of quality. It's cheaper to just do it right, once. But what's even cheaper is not doing it right at all, and farming it out to places like India.

also some disney movies dont get rereleased more then once or twice on a platform or have big releases liek others. DVD wise I think Fox and the Hound, Robin Hood, Oliver and Company, The AristoCats, and a few other failed in comparison to say Aladdin, The Lion King, and pretty much any Princess movie. We may see another release of this on bluray but I wouldnt hold my breath.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I see. So it's just Disney then?
What about non-Disney BVE releases? E.g. Gnomeo and Juliet it had them for both the tickets and the DVD/:br:

The Muppet stuff also has DMR codes, and they were acquired by Walt Disney home ent. but not original studio productions.

I don't doubt you, it just doesn't seem that cut and dry to me.[/QUOTE]

Gnomeo and Juliet was released under Disney's own Film company Touchstone. Touchstone, and also Hollywood Studios, were labels created by the Disney company in the 80's when Michael Eisner ran the company. They created the companies so they may release more mature or non-Disney kid films to try their hand at a new market that Disney has never been able to reach, and it was successful. Unlike Miramax, which was an existing company they bought, these studios were run by Disney as part of the whole company and not let to do their own thing. That's why you find DMR codes in those films and not Miramax/Dimension films. As for The Muppets you answered it yourself. They were also an acquired property, but were folded into the Disney Company proper and released under the Walt Disney Entertainment banner, and that is why they also contain DMR points.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']also some disney movies dont get rereleased more then once or twice on a platform or have big releases liek others. DVD wise I think Fox and the Hound, Robin Hood, Oliver and Company, The AristoCats, and a few other failed in comparison to say Aladdin, The Lion King, and pretty much any Princess movie. We may see another release of this on bluray but I wouldnt hold my breath.[/QUOTE]

I would. ;)

anyone else having a hard time finding the $8 off coupon on mars needs moms? i found it at one store only, bjs. 3 walmarts, 2 bbys, 3 targets and nothing.

[quote name='Animal7390']anyone else having a hard time finding the $8 off coupon on mars needs moms? i found it at one store only, bjs. 3 walmarts, 2 bbys, 3 targets and nothing.[/QUOTE]

At Target they didn't need the coupon on MNM, the deal is programmed into the register. So, the $5 coupons work on each, and you get the $8 off for buying both in the same transaction. You don't have to worry about trying to use multiple manufacturer's coupons. I think that deal at Target ends today though.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']That's YMMV. You can always ask to do separate transactions, which normally avoids any issue from the registers taking them..[/QUOTE]

Just got home from BB. Picked up all three in one transaction with 3 coupons. No problems. Of course the cashier choose to ask a manager if she should put the coupons in as one $9 coupon or three $3 coupons. And he looked at me as if I suggested the larger amount. I was floored that she'd asked...

But three blus for $16.17 (with tax). And they were on the shelf, nice and neat. No digging in Leesburg, VA. :)

[quote name='Penguin1084']looks like Bambi II will be a $5 coupon so if you locked into amazon with the $8 coupon you'll be better off with amazon

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=7136[/QUOTE]Good to know, as they'll match BB or Target's price, whoever has it cheaper.

Also, the Spy Kids titles aren't BD + DC, they're just BD only, for anyone that hasn't seen them or picked them up yet.

In process of restoring my email. I know there was a 5 dollars off 25 or more at Deepdiscount.com, does anyone have a spare or anything? I know they are all unique..I hope the restoration goes well.

$5 mfr coupon from Buena Vista studios for lion king combo packs from subway included with the kids meals.

It says something like cannot be combined with other offers, so not too sure if it will even be used if I can't combine it with the DMR coupon? Maybe Wal-Mart? I know target only allows one mfr coupon and best buy is just a pain when it comes to coupons. Thought???

Sept. coupons from
http://www.yearofamillionmoments.com/coupons/

16289067.gif

$3.00 Off
Marmaduke on Blu-ray™

16289068.gif

$3.00 Off
Wall Street on Blu-ray™

16289069.gif

$3.00 Off
There's Something About Mary on Blu-ray™

16289070.gif

$3.00 Off
Mrs. Doubtfire on Blu-ray™

16289071.gif

$3.00 Off
Juno on Blu-ray™

16289072.gif

$3.00 Off
Edward Scissorhands on Blu-ray™

16289073.gif

$3.00 Off
The Devil Wears Prada on Blu-ray™

16289074.gif

$3.00 Off
Cyrus on Blu-ray™

16289075.gif

$3.00 Off
Cast Away on Blu-ray™

16289076.gif

$3.00 Off
Horton Hears A Who! on Blu-ray™

Probably won't be doing that for much longer. I'd expect the site to be "live" by the end of the week.

Hopefully they won't pull a Tangled and have the DMR B&M coupon be $5 while the Amazon coupon was $8. Target has Dumbo for $22.99, which seems to be the cheapest price so far.

lets hope its not 5, i have bought more movies because they were so cheap from disney that i probably would have either waited or not bought. but in retrospect, we are spoiled with disney coupons to the point we are complaining it is ONLY 5 off. most movies dont have anything.

[quote name='Animal7390']lets hope its not 5, i have bought more movies because they were so cheap from disney that i probably would have either waited or not bought. but in retrospect, we are spoiled with disney coupons to the point we are complaining it is ONLY 5 off. most movies dont have anything.[/QUOTE]Agreed. Remember the good ole days when we would get Alice in Wonderland and Bambi for 9.99 with DMR coupon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back