Blu-Ray/DVD Coupons and Rebates 2010-11. Now Wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animal7390

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Blu-Ray/DVD Coupons and Rebates Thread

[SIZE=+2] WE DO NOT HAVE PDFS OF THE COUPON PRINTING COUPONS, THE COUPONS ARE INDIVIDUALLY NUMBERED[/SIZE]

Please keep trade and other off topic chatter to a minimum. It is healthy and unless it gets out of hand or really off topic or in a direction that is heading towards fraud or illegal actions, please do not worry.

The Disney Movie Rewards site has changed, the coupon printing is now associated with your account, printing 2 times per account is now the limit, as well as per computer. This was tested at the end of the Toy Story craze a while back. If you know someone else with an account, see if you can have them print their extra coupons if you need them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Coupon Websites

Disney Movie Rewards: (most popular)
Need to login to access coupons; also requires Coupon Printer program (prompts you for download upon accessing coupon)

Coupons.com:
Entertainment or Home Entertainment (left side of the page) – No login required.

Red Plum:
Coupons occasionally pop up here

Active and Available Coupons

DMR
Treasure Buddies - 2/5
Lady and the Tramp - 2/19

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Expired Deals]

URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293811"]$8 off Dumbo BD pre-order from Amazon[/URL]

DMR
$5 off any ...
Tinker Bell Blu-ray Combo Pack
Spooky Buddies
Dumbo​

Coupons.com this week...
BluRay $2 off

Thomas: Day of the Diesels
Barney Big World Adventure
DVD $6 off
Phineas and Ferb the Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension
Year of a Million Moments

BluRay $3 off

Marmaduke
Juno
There’s Something About Mary
Mrs. Doubtfire
Wall Street
Edward Scissorhands
The Devil Wears Prada
Cyrus
Cast Away
Horton Hears a Who!​
$3 off Rio Blu or DVD
$5 off the Fox and the hound 2-movie pack BD Pre-order
(also listed in above thread)
$5 off The Fox and the Hound Blu-Ray/DVD DMR
$5 off Mars Needs Moms Blu-Ray/DVD DMR
$3 off the following Blu-Ray's or DVDs:Ice Age
Ice Age (2) The Meltdown
Ice Age (3) Dawn of the Dinosaurs
Horton Hears a Who

BJs Wholesale has quite a few coupons available. Coupons are only available in store and through a mailing. With the permission of the mods, I can post pictures. Pictures will only work on self checkout. Can combine manufacturers and store coups.
$10 off:
A-Team - ?
Despicable Me - $12.99 ac
Knight and Day - 14.99 ac

$5 off Shrek 4 blu

$5 off any blu/dvd combo pack, ymmv on combining both but it at least works on all blu/dvd combos so Fargo and species type combos are 4.99 after coupon.

$8 off Coupon for Twilght
www.redplum.com

$8 Mater’s Tall Tales
check your email
Expires 12/18

$10 off Toy Story 3
check your email
Expires 12/18

$5 off dvd or dvd holiday pack.
www.shreksavings.com or coupons.com

$5 off Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue BR/DVD combo
*Offer good in the U.S., its territories and Canada. Coupon expires 1/24/11. Coupon available through 1/23/11. Limit two printed coupons per computer. Void where prohibited. While supplies last. See coupon for complete details.

Disney Magical Savings

$6 off Starstruck

iconamazon.gif
Amazon.com Coupon codes:
Enter code RANGO5GO at checkout and save on Rango on DVD or Two Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy. ($14.99 after coupon 7/6)

$5 off printable Rango coupon available http://www.rangocoupon.com/

iconbestbuy.gif
$5 off any Blu-ray or DVD $14.99 and up at Best Buy stores valid through July 31, 2011
(not available/valid for online or for in-store pick-up). Coupon indicates it's restricted to regular priced items only, however it automatically works at the register on sale/discounted items, but as always YMMV on that.

$19.99 for Iron Man: Extremis and Spider Woman: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. on Blu-Ray (Coupon is only good for June 17 & 18 and only valid at Best Buy!)[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']Agreed. Remember the good ole days when we would get Alice in Wonderland and Bambi for 9.99 with DMR coupon?[/QUOTE]
. . . and even less with the with TRU preorder deals. What were the Toy Story :br: movies? Like ~$5 with tax?

[quote name='h3llbring3r']. . . and even less with the with TRU preorder deals. What were the Toy Story :br: movies? Like ~$5 with tax?[/QUOTE]

I think I used to get the blus for under $2 each by buying doubles at tru, plus you would get a bonus (kissing frogs, tea cart, etc). Good times.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']. . . and even less with the with TRU preorder deals. What were the Toy Story :br: movies? Like ~$5 with tax?[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly tru paid me to get TS 1 & 2.

Oh god, don't even start with TRU. Brings back horrible memories of why I never shop there anymore.

[quote name='Animal7390']dumbo coupon is up, $5 off.[/QUOTE]It looks like they did pull another Tangled on the B&M coupon versus the Amazon coupon.

Amazon coupon was $8 and the B&M coupon is $5.

Guess I know what I'm doing with my Amazon pre-order.

If Amazon price matches the Target pricing my order will be $1 more than buying from Target after coupons. Since I live 10 miles away from Target, I'll just keep my Amazon order and consider it gas. If Amazon doesn't price match, I'll just refuse the package and go to Target.

M

[quote name='shrike4242']It looks like they did pull another Tangled on the B&M coupon versus the Amazon coupon.

Amazon coupon was $8 and the B&M coupon is $5.

Guess I know what I'm doing with my Amazon pre-order.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:? I did my promo discount for Dumbo with the Lion King buy 2 get $X off.

How does amazon handle a pre-order cancellation in a case like that? Do I keep a partial discount per title or does it take it all away?

[quote name='h3llbring3r']:whistle2:? I did my promo discount for Dumbo with the Lion King buy 2 get $X off.

How does amazon handle a pre-order cancellation in a case like that? Do I keep a partial discount per title or does it take it all away?[/QUOTE]
If you cancel one before the first one ships, you'll lose the full discount. If you cancel the second one after the first one ships, you'll get to keep the partial discount on the first one.

Hmmm, i dont want Dumbo for $16.99 which is my current total on amazon - but if they matched TRU's $20, i could dig $12. Most likely this will ship before Tuesday though...

[quote name='Pookymeister']Hmmm, i dont want Dumbo for $16.99 which is my current total on amazon - but if they matched TRU's $20, i could dig $12. Most likely this will ship before Tuesday though...[/QUOTE]

Amazon gives you the lowest total price THROUGH the date of release, so even if it drops on release date they will adjust the price automatically. It sometimes takes up to 2 days after release, but you'll get the difference back.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Amazon gives you the lowest total price THROUGH the date of release, so even if it drops on release date they will adjust the price automatically. It sometimes takes up to 2 days after release, but you'll get the difference back.[/QUOTE]

Yup, this is why I let my package ship. All I have to do is not open the shipping package and if Amazon doesn't have the lower price I drop off the package at UPS and tell them Return To Sender. Amazon will get the package back, process it as undeliverable and you get your money back.

M

[quote name='Pookymeister']Hmmm, i dont want Dumbo for $16.99 which is my current total on amazon - but if they matched TRU's $20, i could dig $12. Most likely this will ship before Tuesday though...[/QUOTE]

The way Amazon is charging me for Dumbo as of today is this:

Code:
Item(s) Subtotal:             $24.99
Shipping & Handling:        $0.00
Promotion Applied:          -$4.00
Your Coupon Savings:      -$8.00
      -----
Total Before Tax:             $12.99
Sales Tax:                       $0.00
      -----
Total for This Shipment:   $12.99

That leaves Lion King at $24.99 - $4 = $20.99.

I guess I can now consider my order split and look at Lion King at my price of $20.99 and if a coupon/deal comes along with a better bargain I can cancel my amazon order of it.

*NOTE* According to blu-ray.com or a few minutes Amazon's Dumbo dropped down to $21.99 making my total $9.99.

M

[quote name='Wet Ninja']Is the $8 Amazon coupon still available? I don't see it anywhere on the product page. The thread for the coupon was from back in May and mentioned that it was available only for a few weeks, but I thought I'd double-check.[/QUOTE]Nope. Those coupons tend to appear and disappear in a week or less when they show up on Amazon.

[quote name='xbox_mole']Amazon gives you the lowest total price THROUGH the date of release, so even if it drops on release date they will adjust the price automatically. It sometimes takes up to 2 days after release, but you'll get the difference back.[/QUOTE]

Right, but if it doesn't drop im stuck with it. I don't want to have to worry about returning to sender or anything like that - don't need a ding against my Amazon account.

Amazon order now says $13.99 after the adjustment for lower price. Though, after hearing about TRU's price and the Lion King preorder $8 coupon, I might just cancel and pick up there.

[quote name='shrike4242']Nope. Those coupons tend to appear and disappear in a week or less when they show up on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Bummer. Oh well. Thanks for letting me know.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Right, but if it doesn't drop im stuck with it. I don't want to have to worry about returning to sender or anything like that - don't need a ding against my Amazon account.

Amazon order now says $13.99 after the adjustment for lower price. Though, after hearing about TRU's price and the Lion King preorder $8 coupon, I might just cancel and pick up there.[/QUOTE]Mine still shows $24.99 base price, so we'll see what happens with my pre-order.

Hopefully it'll hit the $19.99 price with a TRU match and I'll get it for $11.99 AC.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Right, but if it doesn't drop im stuck with it. I don't want to have to worry about returning to sender or anything like that - don't need a ding against my Amazon account.[/QUOTE]

I've done it several times. No dings on my account. They even recommend it in the confirmation emails you get when ordering. There is no RTS boogieman.

M

Mine dropped to $13.99 after the $8 coupon from the drop in price down to $21.99.

I'm hoping it'll still drop to $19.99 so I end up with the $11.99 AC price for it.

cars 2 perorder also available at toys r us for 10 off. so 14.99 -10 + 5 for cost of preorder which can be cancelled, = 9.99 out the door. possible stack of both promotions for lion king and cars 2, ymmv on that.

[quote name='TravistyOJ']So anecdotally, how good are my chances at BB price matching the TRU price AND using the DMR coupon for dumbo?[/QUOTE]

I've price matched at Target using a BB ad and a coupon. They allowed it. Had to get a manager to give a thumbs up first, but yeah.

[quote name='TravistyOJ']So anecdotally, how good are my chances at BB price matching the TRU price AND using the DMR coupon for dumbo?[/QUOTE]

Price matching and using a coupon usually aren't a problem at my Best Buy and Target. The YMMV comes in when a "buy 2 get $x off" promo comes into the picture.

[quote name='Mikerocosms']I've done it several times. No dings on my account. They even recommend it in the confirmation emails you get when ordering. There is no RTS boogieman.

M[/QUOTE]

Agreed. What kind of DING is there?

Especially if you're already a high dollar person.

I've contacted them about items that were damaged and have been told they'd refund it and not to worry about sending it back. Clearly they don't view the process that way --- unless it is all you do or you return things differently than you receive.

[quote name='ajh2298']So as of right now TRU does not have any "Buy Dumbo & Spooky Buddies together and save $x.xx" planned?[/QUOTE]

Not that I've seen.

Picked up Dumbo at Toys R Us today. Used the 5 dollar off coupon and 8 dollars off for preordering Lion King. Brought total to 12.92 for Dumbo. In the past they have let me "return" the preorder, so if I can get my 5 bucks back next week it will bring my total to 7.92 for Dumbo.

Wen to ToysRUs today to get Dumbo.
I picked up the movie in the electronics section and asked about the preorder for Cars 2 but the cashier had not heard about that one, but did have the lion king one. When they rang everything up it did not come out right. It came out to $20. Then they got it down to $15 and I paid and walked away but then realized that was not right either. When walking away I spotted a end cap of movies with preorder slips for lion king and Cars 2. WIth cars 2 you pre order at $5 and get $10 off so it is the better deal. So I grabbed one of the slips and headed to customer service. I think something in there system is messed up but eventually I got Dumbo with the $5 Cars 2 pre order for $10. So if Tru does not have a good deal on cars 2 I should be able to get the $5 back so Dumbo will only cost $5 in the end.

[quote name='skate4music']Wen to ToysRUs today to get Dumbo.
I picked up the movie in the electronics section and asked about the preorder for Cars 2 but the cashier had not heard about that one, but did have the lion king one. When they rang everything up it did not come out right. It came out to $20. Then they got it down to $15 and I paid and walked away but then realized that was not right either. When walking away I spotted a end cap of movies with preorder slips for lion king and Cars 2. WIth cars 2 you pre order at $5 and get $10 off so it is the better deal. So I grabbed one of the slips and headed to customer service. I think something in there system is messed up but eventually I got Dumbo with the $5 Cars 2 pre order for $10. So if Tru does not have a good deal on cars 2 I should be able to get the $5 back so Dumbo will only cost $5 in the end.[/QUOTE]

I tried at 2 stores with the Dumbo/Lion King deal - and both times it didn't take off the $8 and they wouldn't override. 2nd manager said they never allowed 2 deals to stack in the past - which we know isn't true.

i just spent 45 minutes at their store, tried all different combinations, ultimately what it was doing was taking the movie back up to full price, taking part off of the movie and taking part off later on cars. it appears to be another glitch at some stores and not at others, the managers never know anything, i know how their system works better than they do and most employees do too but they do not hold the keys.

SX0T, any chance of posting your receipt, i just want to see how things priced out, or you can pm me, also, so you dont think i want your info, black out anything identifying on it, or type it out.

So basically TRU 'fixed their system, so we can not stack anymore? Did someone try buying 2 of the same preorders on the same receipt? Like 2 cars cards/preorders and 2 dumbos?

[quote name='Animal7390']i just spent 45 minutes at their store, tried all different combinations, ultimately what it was doing was taking the movie back up to full price, taking part off of the movie and taking part off later on cars. it appears to be another glitch at some stores and not at others, the managers never know anything, i know how their system works better than they do and most employees do too but they do not hold the keys.

SX0T, any chance of posting your receipt, i just want to see how things priced out, or you can pm me, also, so you dont think i want your info, black out anything identifying on it, or type it out.[/QUOTE]

Same at my store. The pre order will cancel out the $10 sale on Dumbo for some reason.

[quote name='Animal7390']i just spent 45 minutes at their store, tried all different combinations, ultimately what it was doing was taking the movie back up to full price, taking part off of the movie and taking part off later on cars. it appears to be another glitch at some stores and not at others, the managers never know anything, i know how their system works better than they do and most employees do too but they do not hold the keys.

SX0T, any chance of posting your receipt, i just want to see how things priced out, or you can pm me, also, so you dont think i want your info, black out anything identifying on it, or type it out.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I missed this post, I was away for a long weekend, I know it's probably too late, but I will check to see if I have the receipt and post it when I get a chance. I can tell you though that originally it was not working and a manager came over and did an override for me. Nobody mentioned anything about "not being able to stack". In fact, one employee was talking with me about some of the great deals they have had in the past that involved multiple coupons (ones that I DID do like Beauty and the Best and Toy Story 3). So as far as I can tell everything still works, you just need someone who is smart enough to operate their system.

I got it to work with the Lion King pre-order though it took them 15 minutes of fiddling with the system to get it to work.

Apparently there will be a $5 DMR coupon for the four disc and trilogy sets for The Lion King. My source is some guy at BluRay.com that is never wrong (judging by his history).

[quote name='MrOlympiaSC']Apparently there will be a $5 DMR coupon for the four disc and trilogy sets for The Lion King. My source is some guy at BluRay.com that is never wrong (judging by his history).[/QUOTE]Once again, we're getting another case where the DMR coupon at B&M is $5 and the Amazon coupon has been $8.

As we've had more than a couple of movies with this trend, I guess it'll be a good trend to keep going with Amazon.

[quote name='shrike4242']Once again, we're getting another case where the DMR coupon at B&M is $5 and the Amazon coupon has been $8.

As we've had more than a couple of movies with this trend, I guess it'll be a good trend to keep going with Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to hang onto my Amazon order as well. It's unfortunate that most places won't honor two manufacturer coupons considering the vast number of $5 coupons that are available for Lion King.

This is one where I may just cancel my Lion King order from Amazon. The way I ordered it was with the early on preorder with Dumbo. I eventually got Dumbo for $9.99 as it split the $8 promotion between the two and also kept Dumbo $8 coupon for a total of $12 off Dumbo and $4 off Lion King. I'm sure I can do better in stores with Lion King.

M

There's probably no way to user the dmr and subway coupon on the same purchase for lion king is there? I know target won't, not sure what best buy's policy is but I'm sure it will be denied for most ... maybe Wal-Mart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back