Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice2Dragon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
July 29, 2008 Releases

The Band's Visit
Beowulf : Directors Cut (TruHD audio!!! WOOT!)
The Big White
Clear and Present Danger
Dark City
Doomsday (not a bad movie...looks phenomenal!)
Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle (Unrated?)
Harold and Kumar Go To Guantanemo Bay (Unrated)
Human Body : Pushing The Limits
Hunt For Red October
Lost Boys
Lost Boys : The Tribe (Is this a sequel or a prequel? Anyone)
Mortuary
Never back Down
Patriot Games
Perhaps Love
Robin Hood : Season 1
Salvage
Shine A Light
Stargate : Continuum
Sum Of All Fears
Tiger Blade
Top Gun (Wooo!!!)
Vengeance

Itll be updated every week, sorry guys. Ive had a very busy two weeks @_@

Helpful Links

AVS picture quality tier thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=858316
HDM reviews and new:
High Def Digest

Import Sites
www.xploitedcinema.com

Region Code Listing
http://bluray.liesinc.net

OP will be updated soon with more info.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Anyone been able to find a movie..

Jin - Roh The Wolf Brigade

On blu ray? Its like 70 bucks.. I dont have an FYE or fry's near me.. sadly.

And BB CC etc doesnt carry it.. grr[/QUOTE]

Ive been trying to find it as well with no luck.

[quote name='DestroVega']what did u get?[/quote]

The two movies I ordered that I wanted to keep were Blazing Saddles and Babel. I got Blazing Saddles but Babel was replaced by something else. The other DVD's that I'm looking at getting rid of are Hart's War, Italian Job, Pearl Harbor, and Underworld Evolution.

I went to the Best Buy I work at to pick up Superbad after class. I looked up out inventory the day before showing we had 38 instock. When I got there to pick it up there was a whopping 4 left.

[quote name='rodeojones903']I went to the Best Buy I work at to pick up Superbad after class. I looked up out inventory the day before showing we had 38 instock. When I got there to pick it up there was a whopping 4 left.[/quote]Not bad!

[quote name='dallow']Not bad![/QUOTE]

At first I thought they had not been put out, so I looked for them in the back. A buddy of mine found me in there and I asked if they had been put out and he told me that he put them up. Both of us were very surprised when the only 4 we could find where on the Superbad gondola infront of the home theater department.

[quote name='dallow']Yeah, I actually don't care about extras at all, but it is a shame they were mostly snipped.[/quote]

Mostly? Theres absolutely nothing.. from a dvd that had like 20 releases.. and rereleases, and did so well at the box office.. absolutely nothing.

But on a positive outlook, pic is nice.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']for anyone who gets superbad, post impressions please.[/quote]

It looks awesome, have yet to complete it, it looks awesome.

Superbad is a great looking movie, no snazzy effects, but the outline of the characters are perfect, colors are saturated. No problems for me what so ever. 4.5/5 video

The extras are funny as hell too. Pineapple express.. can not wait for it!

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']After the shitty extras that Jay and Silent Bob had.. a movie that had two disc special editions since it came out.. im a bit weary about buying it.. Loved the movie.. but it needs extras damnit -_-V[/quote]
Luckily for me I don't care about extras and just want to watch movies in HD. :D

Dom, the only extra extras HD-DVD gets are the IME ones since Blu-ray can't support them, which isn't Warners fault. They are just PiP and other stuff like that. However, Blu-ray did get some extras not on HD-DVD as well.

"Compared to the HD DVD, this Blu-ray edition gets the edge when it comes to standard extras (which feature full 1080p video and a TV Special that didn't make the HD DVD cut)"

According to Highdefdigest

Lost season 3 next week..... I have been trying to hold off on getting season 1 and 2 because I want the big series set when it comes out in a few years lol. BUT this is really calling for me!

[quote name='fuss']Lost season 3 next week..... I have been trying to hold off on getting season 1 and 2 because I want the big series set when it comes out in a few years lol. BUT this is really calling for me![/quote]

Expect it to be 59.99 in stores.. maybe some store will have a bit lower.

With the way the season ratings have been going, dont expect 1/2 to follow suit anytime soon.

Well have to wait and see sales numbers for Season 3 on blu ray to see if the other seasons will get released ..

Anyone want to trade for Transporter 2 or Resident Evil: Apocalypse? I got them free from the PS3 mail-in, and I really don't want them; they're both still sealed. I'd be willing to trade for just about anything (sealed, un-sealed, doesn't matter). I would also probably be willing to part with Blazing Saddles too.

[quote name='2Fast']Anyone want to trade for Transporter 2 or Resident Evil: Apocalypse? I got them free from the PS3 mail-in, and I really don't want them; they're both still sealed. I'd be willing to trade for just about anything (sealed, un-sealed, doesn't matter). I would also probably be willing to part with Blazing Saddles too.[/quote]

I have the first fantastic 4 sealed if you want to trade that for Transporter 2.

I snatched up the last Blu-ray copy of Superbad at my Circuit City. Got home and yeah it looks good. Not great by any means its 1:85:1 which is awesome because it fits my whole screen. I would probably give it a solid 4/5 for PQ, and for AQ probably a 3.5-4/5 I have my PS3 set-up with component for video to my projector @ 1080i and with optical for audio for Dolby Digital 5.1 so I can't account for the TrueHD lossless audio.

Definitely awesome though the extras on the main disc are awesome and I'm yet to even touch the bonus disc.

[quote name='nyprimus4']I snatched up the last Blu-ray copy of Superbad at my Circuit City. Got home and yeah it looks good. Not great by any means its 1:85:1 which is awesome because it fits my whole screen. I would probably give it a solid 4/5 for PQ, and for AQ probably a 3.5-4/5 I have my PS3 set-up with component for video to my projector @ 1080i and with optical for audio for Dolby Digital 5.1 so I can't account for the TrueHD lossless audio.

Definitely awesome though the extras on the main disc are awesome and I'm yet to even touch the bonus disc.[/quote]

Ill never understand how ppl rate picture when they have 1080i.. and blu ray is meant for the highest possible.. and its 1080p.. and it seems redundant to rate audio when you cant get the highest possible quality..

Ill update next weeks releases on Sunday. heading to bb to see if they put anything out early..

Don't be mean Ice.

Most people can't tell the diff between 720p and 1080p.
There was even a blind test and a lot of advanced AV enthusiasts couldn't tell on 100" projection screens.

And it's acceptable to rate both the lossy and lossess tracks on movies.
They're different and have different ratings.
Lossless doesn't make it perfect.

And FWIW, I have a 1080p SXRD and can listen to lossless tracks.

[quote name='dallow']Don't be mean Ice.

Most people can't tell the diff between 720p and 1080p.
There was even a blind test and a lot of advanced AV enthusiasts couldn't tell on 100" projection screens.

And it's acceptable to rate both the lossy and lossess tracks on movies.
They're different and have different ratings.
Lossless doesn't make it perfect.

And FWIW, I have a 1080p SXRD and can listen to lossless tracks.[/quote]

Im not being mean, its the truth. Its like trying to rate an xbox 360 game in 720p, when you can only do 480p.

And a lot of people CAN tell the difference when you compare a movie side by side ^_^

ANd the audio is another thing. Thats like testing out 5.1 surround and you have 2.1 . Its completely different, different audio tracks mean completely different things!

[quote name='fuss']I have the first fantastic 4 sealed if you want to trade that for Transporter 2.[/quote]

Thanks for the offer but I'm not interested (didn't really care for F4).

Here are some things I'm looking for:

American Psycho
Apocalypto
Blood Diamond
Good Night and Good Luck
Letters From Iwo Jima
Pirates: Curse of the Black Pearl
The Shining
Terminator
Terminator 2
Total Recall
Training Day

Sorry for threadjacking, I'll try to take this to my tradelist.

[quote name='2Fast']Thanks for the offer but I'm not interested (didn't really care for F4).

Here are some things I'm looking for:

American Psycho
Apocalypto
Blood Diamond
Good Night and Good Luck
Letters From Iwo Jima
Pirates: Curse of the Black Pearl
The Shining
Terminator
Terminator 2
Total Recall
Training Day

Sorry for threadjacking, I'll try to take this to my tradelist.[/quote]

Was just gonna say that!

Walmart is selling harry potter already!

Those were supposed to be deals in the op? Amazon, FYE, WHV, and many other online sites have much better prices.

I'm still debating buying Harry Potter. Unfortunately, most 2.35 movies look like crap on my set (Westinghouse 32w6). I just got done watching At World's End and most of it looked like upscaled dvd. I'm counting down the days til tax return time. I'll hopefully find me a nice 60" 1080p set.

[quote name='Bezerker']Those were supposed to be deals in the op? Amazon, FYE, WHV, and many other online sites have much better prices.

I'm still debating buying Harry Potter. Unfortunately, most 2.35 movies look like crap on my set (Westinghouse 32w6). I just got done watching At World's End and most of it looked like upscaled dvd. I'm counting down the days til tax return time. I'll hopefully find me a nice 60" 1080p set.[/quote]

Thanks for criticizing, Instead of helping out and letting me know the prices, you did nothing :(

I dont have any FYE, and Amazon is always five bucks cheaper on everything, thought it was a given..

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']And my haul this week

Harry Potter Limited Set Blu Ray 109.99
SOS Tokyo 39.99 (Damn borders..)

That's it.. sadly -_-V[/QUOTE]

Do you have an opinion on the titles? (esp. SOS)

Otherwise, this thread is just "What did Ice2Dragon buy on blu-ray this week".

[quote name='greydt']Do you have an opinion on the titles? (esp. SOS)

Otherwise, this thread is just "What did Ice2Dragon buy on blu-ray this week".[/quote]

Well no one else ever posts lol.

Harry Potter set I dont recommend.. get OOTP.. great looking movie.. the others are sub par.

SOS IS A GREAT LOOKING MOVIE! Its pretty far out there though.. Im not into anime AT ALL, but this movie was by far one of the best Ive seen in a long time.. try to find an FYE or a fry's near you for it though.. 39.99 is a damn steep tag for it.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Well no one else ever posts lol.

Harry Potter set I dont recommend.. get OOTP.. great looking movie.. the others are sub par.

SOS IS A GREAT LOOKING MOVIE! Its pretty far out there though.. Im not into anime AT ALL, but this movie was by far one of the best Ive seen in a long time.. try to find an FYE or a fry's near you for it though.. 39.99 is a damn steep tag for it.[/QUOTE]
The Potters are all above par visual quality. The newest one looks the best but all the others look very good as well. Maybe not 5 star quality but 4 at least. And they get better each movie. One probably looks the worst but still good quality in my opinion.

Got this in the mail today, I imported it from Norway.

childrenom3gj0.jpg

[quote name='nyprimus4']Got this in the mail today, I imported it from Norway.

childrenom3gj0.jpg
[/quote]

Nice.. What are the extras on it?

Audio? Just curious.. I have the hd dvd version ..

I wish I could import sunshine so damn badly..

[quote name='dallow']I haven't even heard of SOS Toyko.
I'll look into it.[/quote]

BB wont carry it odds are.. gonna have to go somewhere.. different lol.. or order it..

I still want Jin Roh Damnit.

Its a great movie.. rewatchable too. Visually stunning.

I'm sure the Frys here would have it.

I really want Royal Space Force: Wings of H.......
But the stupid high price tag for it, since it comes with the DVD as well, keeps me away.

[quote name='dallow']I'm sure the Frys here would have it.

I really want Royal Space Force: Wings of H.......
But the stupid high price tag for it, since it comes with the DVD as well, keeps me away.[/quote]

I snagged it off of the avs forums from some guy for 45.. complete.. its worth it.

Very good movie. The price tag sucks in stores though.. try ebay or amazon for one cheaper..

But its huge.. Definite recommend..

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back