Blur - $20 Off Manufacturer Coupon

I've had bestbuy use more than one manufactures coupon per transaction and I've also been told they only allow one per transaction. So kinda YMMV.

[quote name='reddjoey']Makes me glad I live on the east coast. When I deal like this comes along, el Hoardo usually wrecks it within two hours of the first stores opening preventing those who actually want to play the game from getting a deal.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I actually want to play Blur rather then make a small profit off of it. :roll:

Ok, can someone help a brother out and briefly explain how y'all are expecting to "flip" or land this game for under $20 or so? I love to get in on a good deal, especially for a game I've been wanting, but I am a bit confused. I know the game is:

$59.99- $20 manufacturers ccoupon- $10 RZ coup..so that makes it $30

how many copies do i need to buy to get it cheap or whatever?

I only NEED 1 copy, but what is required to get this really cheap, or to flip for a profit?

EDIT: i see now that apparently Blur is to be on sale that week for $39.99, so i understand now :D

[quote name='mistymayem']I highly doubt the reward zone coupons will work on the sale price. After all the free game fiascos they have really tightened down on it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='token2k6']like I said, present your MFG coupon after they've scanned the RZ one and totaled it out. ohhhhh, I guess you gotta get past the "Not Valid On Sale Items" here we go again Best Buy! You and your coupons/sales at the same time :bomb:[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm gonna hate when I try this coupon. They wouldn't scan the coupon I printed out from Universal when I tried to buy a Blu-Ray when it was on sale. :bomb:

fucking hate the hassle Best Buy and other Big Box retailers does.

I don't really care about all the CAG flipping science going on in this thread but I'd say the game is worth full price. I had to wait like 20 minutes in line to get my coupon "validated".

I had chosen Split/Second when these 2 games had came out but after playing Blur for a while I must say I prefer it over Split/Second. Plus getting it for $20 sweetens the deal.

[quote name='Estebon']And Blur TIV will plummet with this post in 3...2.....1......[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jodou']Mine is already locked in so have at it![/QUOTE]

Wow, guys... It has already dropped: $27.50 now... The trade-in page hung on me earlier and when I finally got it to refresh this is what it showed. Oh well ;).

Well, since nobody's ran into any problems with the coupon printer, I broke down and tried to install it. It's currently not responding and I can't use Task Manager to End it. :/

EDIT: Never mind. It went away after ten minutes of square block clogging up my monitor space. I'll wait a little while before I try again.

[quote name='Clarke']
I had chosen Split/Second when these 2 games had came out but after playing Blur for a while I must say I prefer it over Split/Second. Plus getting it for $20 sweetens the deal.[/QUOTE]

I prefer Split/Second though at that price, I'll play both. It would be nice if both coupons worked, but I bet it won't. fucking hoarders.

yeah I hate hoarders! This coupon is dead cuz all you hoarders took all the copies! I can't use 2 coupons on 6 games because of hoarderz! rage attack! lol ;)

[quote name='Velo214']yeah I hate hoarders! This coupon is dead cuz all you hoarders took all the copies! I can't use 2 coupons on 6 games because of hoarderz! rage attack! lol ;)[/QUOTE]

how many times are you gonna make this joke?

[quote name='confoosious']how many times are you gonna make this joke?[/QUOTE]

Probably when ppl stop complaining about hoarders falsely ruining or ending deals/errors.

[quote name='markyshizzle']my coupon says valid in canada only...[/QUOTE]

I think you gotta choose US or Canada at the beginning..time to find another computer and print one..unless this one isn't tracking IP's or whatever, which I'm not sure on, some people were saying it does not..

I'm disappointed in my CAG's who let out the leak about Amazon's TIV, already killed it before the weekend...it was $32.50 this time yesterday when I was just peeping and now it's even on SD...

[quote name='RuzzT']What the hell is that couponprinter.exe supposed to be? Anyone ever hear of pdf's? Sorry, it looks slightly fishy to me.[/QUOTE]

This is a standard printer that many companies use to limit the number of times you can print their coupon (i.e., they can allow 1 time, 2 times, etc. etc.)

It's not fishy and actually works pretty well and is unobtrusive.

Just went to scope out the stock at local BB. Looks like 4-5 copies per system. Going to have to get there extra early to beat el Hoardo.

Sunday morning is go time. $40-20-10= !

Yeah, 83% Off

Sweet find.

This Blur game just keeps on giving. When the Beta first came, you could get an unlimited supply of 48hr LIVE Gold codes on the Blur site. They eventually fixed it, but a lot of people jumped on it.

FYI, it doesn't limit you to two per IP address, just two per computer. I was able to print 2 coupons from both my laptop and desktop, both on the same network with the same external IP. Only buying one copy myself, giving the extra coupons to my friends.

[quote name='eugaet']FYI, it doesn't limit you to two per IP address, just two per computer. I was able to print 2 coupons from both my laptop and desktop, both on the same network with the same external IP. Only buying one copy myself, giving the extra coupons to my friends.[/QUOTE]
Wish I could find the file it's feeding from so I could infinitely produce them. I'll check the registry on my work comp tomorrow, cuz I'll bet that's it.

I've got NBA 2K10 and Tekken 6 coming in a couple of days. I should be getting an extra PS3 controller for Father's Day. Being able to get Blur for $20 would be icing on the cake and would definitely justify getting that 2nd controller.

Holy cow! TRU blur tiv last nite $32.50, just checked a minute ago ... $5...ouch. Someone's paying attention there... TIV still $32 at a trade-in site, and you can lock it in now :)

I'm having a hell of a time having anyone figure this coupon out. Been to Walmart and Gamestop so far. Both times they were fairly competent people. Walmart says they don't except printed coupons. Gamestop currently has a call into their district manager. Where are people having the best luck getting the coupon redeemed?

[quote name='Brain Juice']I'm having a hell of a time having anyone figure this coupon out. Been to Walmart and Gamestop so far. Both times they were fairly competent people. Walmart says they don't except printed coupons. Gamestop currently has a call into their district manager. Where are people having the best luck getting the coupon redeemed?[/QUOTE]

I can say that walmart excepts bricks coupons... most of 'em have a guide at the register to compare them with. Now there are probably some they don't take but they do take bricks.

I for one have never tried at gamestop. Never would have thought they took manufactures coupons.

Also... why not wait till sunday and use it at kmart or bestbuy when they have it on sale for 40?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Gamestop accept manufacturer coupons? Because if so, I may just trade in Forza 3 for $25+EDGE there, use the coupon, and pay the difference of $15-17.

That way I'd still score a copy of the game in case Best Buy is sold out by the time I get out of church Sunday morning.

I only payed $22 for Forza anyways, so getting a potential $26.50 for it or so is fineeeee by me.

I'm just wondering if Blur compares to Forza. Both scored 8.5 in Gameinformer, but Blur looks more my speed. I'm not much a racer fan anyways, so it looks more "casual" than Forza (which oozes depth out of butt)

So has anyone actually confirmed that Best Buy will take this coupon, because I posted earlier that my co-worker tried using it at Best Buy 2 days ago and they wouldn't take it and it seems to have been ignored.

[quote name='Lokki']So has anyone actually confirmed that Best Buy will take this coupon, because I posted earlier that my co-worker tried using it at Best Buy 2 days ago and they wouldn't take it and it seems to have been ignored.[/QUOTE]

no, I don't think anyone has confirmed it yet. It's all really going to play down to the cashier and whether or not they know what they are doing. (here's a pro-tip: the MFG. coupon doesn't scan in ;) )

[quote name='Lokki']So has anyone actually confirmed that Best Buy will take this coupon, because I posted earlier that my co-worker tried using it at Best Buy 2 days ago and they wouldn't take it and it seems to have been ignored.[/QUOTE]
Is it Sunday already?!

bread's done
Back