Blur/Split Second $39.99, KmartGamer

Ended up picking up Split/Second from Amazon, as I had the $20 cred from Galaxy 2. $19.99 new ain't bad.

Could end up with Blur by the end of next week though, for sure.

[quote name='guinaevere']Excellent. First decent deal on Blur I've seen yet.

the heck?

Time to check histories. In the meantime, thread clean-up in 3, 2, 1. Nice clean thread. One less failboat captain steering discussions upstream.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Guinaevere. I like what K-mart has done lately and thought post was very unnecessary, but didn't want to feed the monster. A lot of deals on games that some retailers have overlooked (Metro 2033, Blur, Alpha Protocol, Just Cause 2). The last several months I have purchased more non-clearance games at K-mart than in the past decade

[quote name='uthoria']does amazon usually price match K-Mart deals?[/QUOTE]

Id only just noticed that S/S was $39.99 by using the search bar up top. Convenient lil bugger!

Sadly Blur's lowpoint is mid 50's so I'd def wait for the Kmart deal to be active before jumping. I'll actually wait till the later end of the week since Amazon could always PM. Not sure if S/S was a price-match or not from Amazon.

I used the RZ 10% off coupon and $30 worth of RZ certificates to get Blur at BB last week for $26. Anybody know if BB will price match if you used certificates? I tried e-mailing them about it and didn't get a clear answer.

Anyway, any arcade racing fan would do well to pick both of these up if possible. I think I prefer S/S's single player but Blur's online play is miles ahead.

Blur is mine today - thanks for the great work on the game blog and know you've won more than a few sales from me.

Thank you! Finally a deal on blur...I had no idea Kmart was this into the sales of video games. The Kmart in my area is never up on anything! I love this post

[quote name='theEchness']Anyone know if Amazon does a price match??[/QUOTE]

No clue but last time Kmart had something like this (Nier for $45 and FFXIII, Bayonetta, AvsP, MW2, Darksiders, Metro 2033 for $30) Amazon didn't match it. I know because I was trying to see if they matched FFXIII, but they didn't :cold:

[quote name='Killbomb']I used the RZ 10% off coupon and $30 worth of RZ certificates to get Blur at BB last week for $26. Anybody know if BB will price match if you used certificates? I tried e-mailing them about it and didn't get a clear answer.

Anyway, any arcade racing fan would do well to pick both of these up if possible. I think I prefer S/S's single player but Blur's online play is miles ahead.[/QUOTE]

I can tell you not on gaming but I have used RZ Gift certificates on an item and then returned it and it takes ANOTHER 30-45 for the points to recycle BACK into your account, I am a Silver member so I called the number and bitched and they said they would refund them faster and it still took a couple weeks.

I have also done a price match and then used my RZ point cards, its no different than using a gift card.

now does BB price match K-mart? the sale is live on Kmart.com so I might print that out today and give it a go since i get the gamer points for spending 150 from BB. I think Blur is well worth 40 bucks, I had hours and hours of fun in multiplayer beta and I didn't ever win a race. it was just arcade racing mayhem everywhere.

[quote name='Killbomb']I used the RZ 10% off coupon and $30 worth of RZ certificates to get Blur at BB last week for $26. Anybody know if BB will price match if you used certificates? I tried e-mailing them about it and didn't get a clear answer.

Anyway, any arcade racing fan would do well to pick both of these up if possible. I think I prefer S/S's single player but Blur's online play is miles ahead.[/QUOTE]

Last time i tried to do that Best Buy said they already did beat the competitor's price because you only paid $26 for it. I don't think they'll consider Reward Zone as money paid, it's more like a discount. Because you already got it discounted below the competitor price, they won't adjust the base price. I don't think they even give you reward zone coupons back if you return something.

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']Picked up Blur. I also saw Metro 2033 marked at 29.99. Is this the current price, or is it mislabeled?[/QUOTE]

I believe Metro 2033 was at $29.99 several weeks ago during one of the initial sales (and I think it included Bayonetta, too) set up by SHC-Gamer. I think all those prices went back up, though.

[quote name='Kezmer']just got a PM at BB and used RZ certs too for Blur at 39.99[/QUOTE]

How did you get the PM? I checked kmarts ad online and it doesnt show it there...Do you even need the ad to PM at Best Buy?

[quote name='Morphx2']If no one has a Kmart near them and still wants it, let me know. I can send it for price+tax+shipping. I did this for 2 people with Modnation Racer when it was at Hastings[/QUOTE]

Damn.!. You are the nicest gamer ever!!! lol

[quote name='limelight022']How did you get the PM? I checked kmarts ad online and it doesnt show it there...Do you even need the ad to PM at Best Buy?[/QUOTE]

I printed out the link for both systems and brought it into the store, I have never had a problem getting a PM off a website that is close to the BestBuy since it seems most stores honor their online price.

[EDIT](i just printed both since they have the wrong box copies online for each link to make sure)

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/search_10151_10104?keyword=blur&vName=

she looked at it asked me what store it was for and I said K-Mart and there is one within 2 miles of the particular Best Buy, she went to their computer and looked it up to make sure and gave me the price match. it was 42 after tax and then I gave my RZ card and 10 dollar RZ GCert and was out of there

Thanks kezmer and jer7583. I figured they would consider it a discount and not do the after-sale PM. Oh well, at least I only paid $26 out of pocket.

Yeah, Blur multi is addicting but I either suck badly or don't understand the game fully yet. I have won 1 race out of 100 so far. Had one last night where I was in first for a bit then all of a sudden I was passed by 10 people through no apparent fault of my own. Then of course I got nailed with a few powerups immediately afterwards and ended up finishing 11th.

[quote name='Kezmer']I printed out the link for both systems and brought it into the store, I have never had a problem getting a PM off a website that is close to the BestBuy since it seems most stores honor their online price.

[EDIT](i just printed both since they have the wrong box copies online for each link to make sure)

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/search_10151_10104?keyword=blur&vName=

she looked at it asked me what store it was for and I said K-Mart and there is one within 2 miles of the particular Best Buy, she went to their computer and looked it up to make sure and gave me the price match. it was 42 after tax and then I gave my RZ card and 10 dollar RZ GCert and was out of there[/QUOTE]

Trying to get even an "easy" PM at my local Best Buy is like having your wisdom teeth removed. Whilst a giant sign behind them states their entire PM policy, I've had them fight it when I brought in an online printout (like yours), I've had them fight it when I brought in a receipt showing where I'd bought it elsewhere, and hell I even had them fight it with an ad clearly showing the price. Whatever excuse it is, it's always, "Our manager won't let us do that." Sometimes, I can "persuade" them to change their minds, but anymore, I just don't bother. Why should I have to struggle to give them business?

With the deaths of CompUSA and Circuit City around here, Best Buy thinks they own the whole town and don't seem to feel a need to bother honoring their PM policy any longer. Its a shame, I have a lame BB gc I can do nothing with atm...

At least Kmart understands the need for DEALS. Best Buy seems quite hooked on the MSRP train with points train and I don't need more gift cards to the MSRPalace. Well, that's what they are most weeks anyway.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Trying to get even an "easy" PM at my local Best Buy is like having your wisdom teeth removed. Whilst a giant sign behind them states their entire PM policy, I've had them fight it when I brought in an online printout (like yours), I've had them fight it when I brought in a receipt showing where I'd bought it elsewhere, and hell I even had them fight it with an ad clearly showing the price. Whatever excuse it is, it's always, "Our manager won't let us do that." Sometimes, I can "persuade" them to change their minds, but anymore, I just don't bother. Why should I have to struggle to give them business?

With the deaths of CompUSA and Circuit City around here, Best Buy thinks they own the whole town and don't seem to feel a need to bother honoring their PM policy any longer. Its a shame, I have a lame BB gc I can do nothing with atm...

At least Kmart understands the need for DEALS. Best Buy seems quite hooked on the MSRP train with points train and I don't need more gift cards to the MSRPalace. Well, that's what they are most weeks anyway.[/QUOTE]
My closest Best Buy has gotten better but it wasn't long ago that I would have the same experience every time I tried to pm at BB. It was ridiculous. I never understood why they were just turning away business. It got to the point where I was so fed up I swore off Best Buy for months. But now of course they are basically the "only game in town".

As far as K-Mart goes, I only have one within 50 miles. It's electronics department is pretty sad to say the least. It's in Whitemarsh/Parkville, MD.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Trying to get even an "easy" PM at my local Best Buy is like having your wisdom teeth removed. Whilst a giant sign behind them states their entire PM policy, I've had them fight it when I brought in an online printout (like yours), I've had them fight it when I brought in a receipt showing where I'd bought it elsewhere, and hell I even had them fight it with an ad clearly showing the price. Whatever excuse it is, it's always, "Our manager won't let us do that." Sometimes, I can "persuade" them to change their minds, but anymore, I just don't bother. Why should I have to struggle to give them business?

At least Kmart understands the need for DEALS. Best Buy seems quite hooked on the MSRP train with points train and I don't need more gift cards to the MSRPalace. Well, that's what they are most weeks anyway.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I feel bad about people who have really jerk employees at BB. I am lucky enough to live near one that 99% of the time is no problem doing a PM. I have no problem with them looking up my PM online or even calling the store to see if it is in stock.

Anytime I do get a employee who refuses I just ask to see a manager. They are only doing their jobs and maybe are afraid of getting yelled at so why put it on their shoulders. I do not try to pull any scams like getting games for 99 cents after reward zone gamer deals and buy 30 copies to flip them either. ( I have had people ahead of me scream and yell at managers and I know they are just trying to make a buck)

I never get upset or yell, I am always polite and explain to them that I will contact their corporate number and explain the store number and the refusal to price match a competitor that is very close to them.

I actually feel bad not buying Blur at K-Mart because of the way they have really stepped up the gaming deals. If it wasn't for my RZ cert I would have just gone to K-mart first.

Yes Killbomb I suck also at Blur lol, I raced about 8 races so far and managed one 3rd place finish lol. I led one wire to wire and with two turns to go I got the gates of hell unloaded on me and finished 6th out of 8 lol Even being really crappy at the game it is SO MUCH FUN ! a HORRIBLE online player like me can blast some cars and enjoy myself

[quote name='Kezmer']Yeah I feel bad about people who have really jerk employees at BB. I am lucky enough to live near one that 99% of the time is no problem doing a PM. I have no problem with them looking up my PM online or even calling the store to see if it is in stock.

Anytime I do get a employee who refuses I just ask to see a manager. They are only doing their jobs and maybe are afraid of getting yelled at so why put it on their shoulders. I do not try to pull any scams like getting games for 99 cents after reward zone gamer deals and buy 30 copies to flip them either. ( I have had people ahead of me scream and yell at managers and I know they are just trying to make a buck)

I never get upset or yell, I am always polite and explain to them that I will contact their corporate number and explain the store number and the refusal to price match a competitor that is very close to them.

I actually feel bad not buying Blur at K-Mart because of the way they have really stepped up the gaming deals. If it wasn't for my RZ cert I would have just gone to K-mart first.

Yes Killbomb I suck also at Blur lol, I raced about 8 races so far and managed one 3rd place finish lol. I led one wire to wire and with two turns to go I got the gates of hell unloaded on me and finished 6th out of 8 lol Even being really crappy at the game it is SO MUCH FUN ! a HORRIBLE online player like me can blast some cars and enjoy myself[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you're talking about the Bridgeton BB? They PM'd K-Mart's deal on Alpha Protocol for me with no problem last week. Anyway, I think I'm going to try some Hardcore racing in Blur and see if it's my racing skills that are lacking or if I'm just getting screwed by power-ups. :D

Don't have a Kmart anywhere near me (they've all closed!) so I ended getting Blur online. Just a heads up for those thinking about grabbing it online, the total price came to $50.44 with tax and shipping...I'm starting to regret the purchase...the shipping and tax really killed the deal. :cry:

Amazon's shipping for games is only $3.99 and no tax to boot! Methinks Kmart needs to rethink their shipping/tax strategy.

[quote name='Killbomb']I'm guessing you're talking about the Bridgeton BB? They PM'd K-Mart's deal on Alpha Protocol for me with no problem last week. Anyway, I think I'm going to try some Hardcore racing in Blur and see if it's my racing skills that are lacking or if I'm just getting screwed by power-ups. :D[/QUOTE]

yes the Bridgeton BB has never given me any problems on PM. I can't wait to play more Blur and learn the tracks better, I think once I figure out the placings of the power ups and get some more levels I will be more effective. The Game is great

Although these two games don't interest me personally, I want to say thanks to SHC-Gamer for all the amazing deals. I think I've saved just as much money shopping at Kmart as I do at Amazon this year so far. Granted I don't buy a whole lot but it's still awesome. Thanks again!

PMing this is gonna be hard because the picture for the Xbox one is on the Ps3 page and vice versa. hmm.. How did you guys have such luck?

Awesome blog I will definitely bookmark it. I have noticed Kmart does have good deals on games sometimes. I bought Madworld there for $5 a few months ago. I stop in every now and then because I like the store a lot more than going to Walmart (too many people, its messy). Too bad theres no War for Cybertron deal for Wii. Is the Wii even getting that game anymore?

[quote name='tipio']PMing this is gonna be hard because the picture for the Xbox one is on the Ps3 page and vice versa. hmm.. How did you guys have such luck?[/QUOTE]

I just printed out both links to each system. that way when i bought the 360 I was prepared for the clerk to ask why is the ps3 box shown so I just showed her the other one and said the website mixed up the boxes.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']I have Split Second, but Blur is tempting at that price.

No Kmart nearby though. Do these deals apply to Sears as well?[/QUOTE]
The deals only apply to Kmart only, but we are trying to work on that!

Btw if anyone has any questions, I work right along side SHC Gamer, so feel free to ask away if needed!

[quote name='musicjunkie']Will be this online as well? My only Kmart is over an hour away.[/QUOTE]
Sorry but the offer is in-store only!

[quote name='noelrock']Don't have a Kmart anywhere near me (they've all closed!) so I ended getting Blur online. Just a heads up for those thinking about grabbing it online, the total price came to $50.44 with tax and shipping...I'm starting to regret the purchase...the shipping and tax really killed the deal. :cry:

Amazon's shipping for games is only $3.99 and no tax to boot! Methinks Kmart needs to rethink their shipping/tax strategy.[/QUOTE]
I'm not too thrilled as well with this; it's definitely on the list to adjust in the future.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']My closest Best Buy has gotten better but it wasn't long ago that I would have the same experience every time I tried to pm at BB. It was ridiculous. I never understood why they were just turning away business. It got to the point where I was so fed up I swore off Best Buy for months. But now of course they are basically the "only game in town".

As far as K-Mart goes, I only have one within 50 miles. It's electronics department is pretty sad to say the least. It's in Whitemarsh/Parkville, MD.[/QUOTE]
We did take note of your complaint about the Kmart in Whitemarsh/Parkville, MD. I will bring it to the Operations teams attention to see if we can try to change that!

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']I believe Metro 2033 was at $29.99 several weeks ago during one of the initial sales (and I think it included Bayonetta, too) set up by SHC-Gamer. I think all those prices went back up, though.[/QUOTE]
Metro 2033 is now back to regular price. The offer ended May 10th for that deal. But stay tuned, we got more deals coming your way!

[quote name='life.exe']Kmart has both deals on their website...[/QUOTE]
I led gamer girl astray on this one :)

Yep, they are both up.

No Kmart near me, but I'll try to have SEARS price match it, should come to $38 before tax. Too bad my 360 is undergoing repair at MS.

[quote name='shc gamer girl']The deals only apply to Kmart only, but we are trying to work on that!

Btw if anyone has any questions, I work right along side SHC Gamer, so feel free to ask away if needed![/QUOTE]

There are SHC Gamer folk coming outta the woodwork! Beware Trojans bearing gifts! They come all nice and good and, "Here's Blur for $39.99" and "Alan Wake with a $20 gaming coupon", but soon they'll have injected Kmart probes into our brains and we'll all be wandering around zombielike looking for blue light specials...

Haha, j/k. Thanks for all you do!

[quote name='Curufinwe']I was gonna wait for the BB RZ $10 off deal for Blur, but this is much better. There's a K-Mart a few miles from me, too.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone fill me in on this deal? When does it start? I dont have any K-Marts nearby.

Hey SHC, any plans for some online deals in the future? I would of loved to spring on your last few deals but i have no K-marts close to me. Thanks!

oh thank god. i've been waiting for release to get blur off 60. i would have bought it at MSRP but i just got red dead and with exams i couldn't find the time i would play it anyway.

gonna pick it up this week. good way to bring in the summer break

bread's done
Back