Bodysnatchers OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of want to get a hydrogen atom tattooed on my ankle. It's a total spur of the moment thing that will never happen because the idea of a permanent modification is frightening, but it'd be neat nonetheless.

At least I'm not finding myself wanting some shit like Mario or Jim Kazama. :]

[quote name='Rocko']I kind of want to get a hydrogen atom tattooed on my ankle. It's a total spur of the moment thing that will never happen because the idea of a permanent modification is frightening, but it'd be neat nonetheless.

At least I'm not finding myself wanting some shit like Mario or Jim Kazama. :][/QUOTE]
I thought you weren't big on science.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']"Jim Kazama" :)[/QUOTE]
Whoops. :p

[quote name='Liquid 2']I thought you weren't big on science.[/QUOTE]
I enjoy science (in fact, I ordered a sample of that H+ magazine you recommended), and I really enjoy chemistry. Not like I have anything even remotely decided about my life, but if I had to decide right now what I was to do with my life it would definitely involve chemistry. Plus, the hydrogen atom is kind of the epitome of minimalism, which I'm a fan of.

[quote name='Mojimbo']What kind of nutjob would get a Mario tattoo?[/QUOTE]
http://images.google.com/images?rlz...=mario tattoo&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

The fourth one is kind of cool, but still an absolutely crazy thing to get tattooed on yourself.

If I ever got a video game related tattoo it would be super small and out of the way. I really liked the tattoo of one of the Kotaku editors, who got chain links on his wrist from Bioshock. Mainly because it's not obviously related to gaming, which is cool.

[quote name='Rocko']I enjoy science (in fact, I ordered a sample of that H+ magazine you recommended), and I really enjoy chemistry. Not like I have anything even remotely decided about my life, but if I had to decide right now what I was to do with my life it would definitely involve chemistry. Plus, the hydrogen atom is kind of the epitome of minimalism, which I'm a fan of.[/QUOTE]Cool. :)
You should mos' def' get that tattoo.

Let me know what you think of H+, by the way.

2244641611_0b7498dc80.jpg

ugh.

Got the last Quake 4 at the local Gamestop after work and it had the Quake 2 bonus disc. :bouncy:

:whistle2:| @ all the $$$le 2 DLC codes on twitter

[quote name='JolietJake']I don't know if that was specifically why he got angry with Spock. He usually seemed more pissed that Spock didn't feel anything.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much it JJ. McCoy is a doctor who's trained (and excels at) being empathetic. It drives him absolutely nuts that Spock defers to logic over what's "right"

McCoy and Spock are terrible command officers for different reasons. Spock because he can't empathize with the crew and show the emotion that they so often need (hence his line about crying down the halls) and McCoy would NEVER send an officer to his death because he thinks that life is too valuable.

Class sucks. Calculus 2 hours a day, 4 days a week for the next 2 months is going to kill me. I almost had a stroke trying to keep up with him.

Can someone clean up the edges of this for me? I got the right color and the transparency, but it looks ugly as hell without having smooth edges. :[

1626zxj.png

[quote name='Rocko']Calculus I (or whatever- entry level)?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's named "University Calculus I" :lol:. I'm really embarrassed about how much I suck at math, but I really got shafted in middle school and high school from Algebra I through Algebra II/Trig because I went to crappy public schools.

I don't know if I can wait 5 months for the Ultimate Edition. :/

On another note, I just realized that a hydrogen atom tattoo would totally seem like a Watchmen tattoo. :|

[quote name='Eviltude']Yeah, it's named "University Calculus I" :lol:. I'm really embarrassed about how much I suck at math, but I really got shafted in middle school and high school from Algebra I through Algebra II/Trig because I went to crappy public schools.[/QUOTE]

This might seem basic, but don't slack off in the beginning or you will be so fucking lost for the second half of Calculus. For the first semester of this year my Calc teacher didn't know a single lick of Calculus so I didn't learn shit. Then for the second semester they replaced him with another teacher who has his shit together, but I was so weak with the basics of Calc that I had to play catch up the whole time. It sucked, and this was in a class of like 15. I can't imagine how tough it would be in a university setting.

[quote name='Rocko']I don't know if I can wait 5 months for the Ultimate Edition. :/

On another note, I just realized that a hydrogen atom tattoo would totally seem like a Watchmen tattoo. :|[/QUOTE]

I always thought a carbon atom would be a cool tattoo, but I would probably never get a tattoo. I don't like the idea of something being on me forever.

[quote name='Eviltude']I always thought a carbon atom would be a cool tattoo, but I would probably never get a tattoo. I don't like the idea of something being on me forever.[/quote]

I start to think it's a really cool idea...

And then I imagine myself as an old man and the idea fades.

I really wish that calculus wasn't the highest math most people ever learned. Everything before hand is laying the ground work, and calc and above is really where things start to get beautiful. :/

(I'd place geometry on a different track than calc, although they do meet higher up in differential geometry.)

[quote name='Rocko']This might seem basic, but don't slack off in the beginning or you will be so fucking lost for the second half of Calculus. For the first semester of this year my Calc teacher didn't know a single lick of Calculus so I didn't learn shit. Then for the second semester they replaced him with another teacher who has his shit together, but I was so weak with the basics of Calc that I had to play catch up the whole time. It sucked, and this was in a class of like 15. I can't imagine how tough it would be in a university setting.[/QUOTE]

I told myself that when I walked out of that class; "Stay up on it now so you don't have to play catch up when it counts." The class is surprisingly small at about 20 people, but that's probably just because it's a summer semester. The campus was a ghost town at 4:30 when I got there. It may be more populated earlier in the day, but I don't have early classes until next week :D.

[quote name='DT778']An ankle tat... isn't that spot for the ladies?[/QUOTE]
I dunno. I always think tattoos on the feet are rather feminine. It seems like the ideal spot if you're going for inconspicuous.

You're kind of lucky in that regard, then, Eviltude. Definitely don't waste the opportunity of having such a small class to learn Calc.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I start to think it's a really cool idea...

And then I imagine myself as an old man and the idea fades.[/QUOTE]

This always happens to me.

I can't wait to see my generation get old.

[quote name='Rocko']I dunno. I always think tattoos on the feet are rather feminine. It seems like the ideal spot if you're going for inconspicuous.[/quote]

ideal for inconspicuous = in your pants.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I want a tattoo of darthpuma's dad naked with amazing technicolor mosaic teeth across my back.[/QUOTE]

:hot:

[quote name='Rocko']I dunno. I always think tattoos on the feet are rather feminine. It seems like the ideal spot if you're going for inconspicuous.[/quote]Put it on your shoulder or chest.

[quote name='Eviltude']Strell? In the OTT?[/quote]

there are no lobsters present.

for some reason, i was wondering where you were earlier, but i can't remember why... i had some sort of story i wanted to tell you but i dont know what

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back