Bolt on BluRay ?

Richlough

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Which B&M will have the best deal on this?

I say B&M because, I'm taking my daughter to get it .
She's really been looking forward to it, after seeing it at the movies.

Thanks to all who reply!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The program is safe, no malware, small file quick install...what's the issue?[/quote]

ok...sorry just been paranoid since last week... something I installed ( a windows update) ended up causing my system to NOT start at all... so I had to roll back and decided not to install anything for a while..but thanks for the safe assurances!

[quote name='manthing']How did that work?[/quote]
There's a glitch at Toysrus.com showing $14.99 (add this and removed Hannah Montana Demo). Print this out and the $10 coupon. Go to Best Buy to do a price-match to saved $20 off $24.99. You pay $4.99 + tax.

Toys R' Us - Bolt $14.99 (Glitch)
2rxbki8.jpg

Best Buy Receipts
2r53mty.jpg

ok, but how to do convince a CSR without an ad that bolt is 14.99? if they call TRU (which is across the street), TRU will say 24.99 and BB will shoot me down saying they won't PM online deals even if they have a B&M store... I have had that happen to me before and I know BB is under investigation for lying to customers about not price matching.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']All what other stuff? If you mean the rebate for Bolt, you buy one pasta box. And there is a rebate for Pinnochio as well ($4) with a Sunmaid raisin purchase (6pack of boxes or 24oz canister). I'm going to do each of these if I can (if the cost of the products isn't like $3 each... but even then, $2 is $2!). But seriously, if buying one extra thing when you go grocery shopping and then filling out a rebate is too much work for $4, well, this might not be the site for you ;)[/quote]

No way, I'm not buying pasta I'm not going to eat just to save a few bucks. It's not even a brand I usually see when I go grocery shopping either, so it's not like I'm going to go hunting all over for it. And the amount of work it requires is irrelevant.

[quote name='shrike4242']That was the nice thing about the Minute Maid $5 Disney BR rebates, and the $5 Rayovac batteries Sleeping Beauty rebates. I buy that stuff anyway, so it was an easy one.

I don't go out of my way to buy other stuff I won't use just to get a rebate.[/quote]

Amen to that. If it's something I was going to buy anyway or be able to make use of, then of course it's going to work out.

I was just responding to the poster who chided me for mentioning that the thread title wasn't reflecting the primary topic that most people were talking about, the TRU deal. The guy thought I hadn't already seen the Blu-Ray coupon thread, but I was just saying it didn't apply to me.

/end OT

[quote name='ITDEFX']ok, but how to do convince a CSR without an ad that bolt is 14.99? if they call TRU (which is across the street), TRU will say 24.99 and BB will shoot me down saying they won't PM online deals even if they have a B&M store... I have had that happen to me before and I know BB is under investigation for lying to customers about not price matching.[/quote]
She's kinda cute, so she visit the website, asked her to add the Bolt in checkout, removed Hannah Montana Demo them bam, she accepted the price with no question ask. :D

[quote name='gunm']No way, I'm not buying pasta I'm not going to eat just to save a few bucks. It's not even a brand I usually see when I go grocery shopping either, so it's not like I'm going to go hunting all over for it. And the amount of work it requires is irrelevant.[/quote] I can understand that, but at the same time, don't understand it. I like pasta; I don't know about this brand, and I don't know the price or the availability of it. But if I see it at the store, when I go again, I'm going to buy it (depending on cost). I wouldn't have bought it before, but it's not something I can't use, so I don't see why I should pass up the chance for a couple extra dollars saved. And I believe it's entirely the amount of work involved with something like this that determines the usefulness of the deal - I also probably wouldn't go to another store to find the pasta.

I gotta say I think I was out of line with my remark about your ability to be a CAG ;) But to me, if this pasta is in the store next time I go and it's something like $1, well I'll probably grab it and get $3 back from the rebate. But then, this pasta might be $3 or $4...

BB near me is really #uck. Also Blu Ray is expensive and they never take pricematch if they do they'll call local TRU's to check for item instock & the sale price is accurated.

HEADS UP for the people looking at this deal and are willing to pay a little extra. Theres a way to get the blu-ray + Standard DVD for around 18 bucks online (after shipping and tax). Add both items into your cart and enter coupon code "Twitterdeal24", which gives you10 dollars off. You can recoup some of that money by selling the dvd for 10 bucks. Therefore essentially paying less than 10 bucks for the blu-ray.

[quote name='gunm']No way, I'm not buying pasta I'm not going to eat just to save a few bucks. It's not even a brand I usually see when I go grocery shopping either, so it's not like I'm going to go hunting all over for it. And the amount of work it requires is irrelevant.

[/quote]

I actually don't eat refined carbohydrates. I bought a 99 cent pack of Ronzoni on sale at Kroger, cut off the UPC and gave it to my out of work neighbor.

Ronzoni is a good name brand, I used to buy their rotini as it made the best pasta salad (it stays at al dente longer somehow).

[quote name='Vitality X']HEADS UP for the people looking at this deal and are willing to pay a little extra. Theres a way to get the blu-ray + Standard DVD for around 18 bucks online (after shipping and tax). Add both items into your cart and enter coupon code "Twitterdeal24", which gives you10 dollars off. You can recoup some of that money by selling the dvd for 10 bucks. Therefore essentially paying less than 10 bucks for the blu-ray.[/quote]

It may help if you actually post for which online store the coupon code works.

So I paid about $10 for my copy of Bolt on BluRay. How?

I printed out 2 of the $10 off coupons.

I went to TRU and purchased 2 copies of BluRay and used a coupon on each one. On top of TRU's deal this week where if you buy Bolt on DVD/Blu you get $10 off any DISNEY Dvd/Blu.

Grand total was about $23. I sold the extra copy to my friend for $13 ($3 bucks gas). Leaving me with a copy I paid only $10 for. Score!

I should also note, I uninstalled coupon.exe directly right after and nuked the hell out of it with Search & Destroy. Good luck though, don't let them tell you they can't do it, manufactor coupons have no limit usually. And don't be a dick back, just be calm and collective so they WANT to help you.

[quote name='thelonepig']It may help if you actually post for which online store the coupon code works.[/quote]
I think that was for TRU online, and one day only.

And since the BD of Bolt comes with a DVD version, you can always try to sell that as disc only. We'll probably see a ton of these hit ebay. Right now I see one set to end in 19 hours that's been bid up to $15. If I didn't like stuff to be complete I'd hawk my digital copy and the dvd - I'll never use em.

[quote name='ITDEFX']i'll be happy with 10 dollars off the br and not press my luck thanks.[/QUOTE]

Same. i got the movie for 20$ at wal mart after coupon and im happy with that.

[quote name='statiktrax']So I paid about $10 for my copy of Bolt on BluRay. How?

I printed out 2 of the $10 off coupons.

I went to TRU and purchased 2 copies of BluRay and used a coupon on each one. On top of TRU's deal this week where if you buy Bolt on DVD/Blu you get $10 off any DISNEY Dvd/Blu.

Grand total was about $23. I sold the extra copy to my friend for $13 ($3 bucks gas). Leaving me with a copy I paid only $10 for. Score!

I should also note, I uninstalled coupon.exe directly right after and nuked the hell out of it with Search & Destroy. Good luck though, don't let them tell you they can't do it, manufactor coupons have no limit usually. And don't be a dick back, just be calm and collective so they WANT to help you.[/quote]

I'm confused, if TRU is selling Bolt for $29.99 per copy and you bought two, that would be $60 (plus tax) if you took off $20 for the two printed coupons and $10 for the TRU offer, that would still be $30 (+ tax) How did you end up with $23?

*slaps head*

It's $25 apiece, not $30.... right?

[quote name='Zipomatic2']I'm confused, if TRU is selling Bolt for $29.99 per copy and you bought two, that would be $60 (plus tax) if you took off $20 for the two printed coupons and $10 for the TRU offer, that would still be $30 (+ tax) How did you end up with $23?

*slaps head*

It's $25 apiece, not $30.... right?[/quote]
Yes $25 each. The coupon is limited 1 per item and not per transaction so you can use 2 if you're buying 2. :cool:

Ohh and it works, I was given no problems over this. If this hits Slick Deals, every Toys R Us in America is going to sell out of Bolt on Blu-Ray. :lol:

The printed coupons are manufacturers coupons so Toys R Us should have no issues getting proper credit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Worked for me. I was a bit worried as I've been rejected for printed "official" coupons before. Had 2 of those $10 Disney coupons. I was ready to point out the different numbers on each coupon (upper right corner) but CSR didn't even flinch other than seeing the total cost, $23.

[quote name='Techsticles']Yes $25 each. The coupon is limited 1 per item and not per transaction so you can use 2 if you're buying 2. :cool:

Ohh and it works, I was given no problems over this. If this hits Slick Deals, every Toys R Us in America is going to sell out of Bolt on Blu-Ray. :lol:

The printed coupons are manufacturers coupons so Toys R Us should have no issues getting proper credit.[/quote]

It doesn't work for everybody. I tried this the other day too, only to be denied because they "don't take printed coupons." Even after calling in and confirming that they do take printed manufacturer's coupons. YMMV.

[quote name='Techsticles']Yes $25 each. The coupon is limited 1 per item and not per transaction so you can use 2 if you're buying 2. :cool:

The printed coupons are manufacturers coupons so Toys R Us should have no issues getting proper credit.[/quote]Have you looked at SD & FW? This was already being discussed on there, so you don't have to worry about it leaking onto those two sites.

[quote name='joshythegreat18']It doesn't work for everybody. I tried this the other day too, only to be denied because they "don't take printed coupons." Even after calling in and confirming that they do take printed manufacturer's coupons. YMMV.[/quote]

I've been using manufacturer's coupons at Toys R us all the time, it scans right in their system. You were lied to, call customer service.

Don't be a sucker. It's legit. Infact I scanned my receipt so you can print this out additionally to show them proof they are wrong.

toysrusreceipt.jpg

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Weren't you supposed to get an additional $10 on each due the TRU promo this week?[/quote]

TRU's extra $10 was only for a second DISNEY Dvd/BluRay at $19.99 or more. That's why the scam is to buy TWO copies of Bolt so you get their deal on top of getting to use TWO printed coupons. Only applies to one transaction.

[quote name='statiktrax']TRU's extra $10 was only for a second DISNEY Dvd/BluRay at $19.99 or more. That's why the scam is to buy TWO copies of Bolt so you get their deal on top of getting to use TWO printed coupons. Only applies to one transaction.[/quote]

Yeah, I know...he got 2 Bolts but he didn't get the promo taken off, just the two mfr coupons.

Also, I wouldn't call it a scam, more like an unintentional loophole.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yeah, I know...he got 2 Bolts but he didn't get the promo taken off, just the two mfr coupons.

Also, I wouldn't call it a scam, more like an unintentional loophole.[/quote]

With many years of retail under my belt (thank god no more, merchandiser now) you learn a scam is pretty much a trick that the average joe would never pick up on. Yes it's a loophole as well. In all truth if the store manager were to catch wind of this, depending on what kind of person they are they can very well flat out deny to accept it. Just depends on their attitude, how much they actually give a s--- to help, and overall store's income. If their low on their quota, they will probably turn you down. I suggest getting a feel for who is working the registers and using your best judgment. Smooth interaction makes all the difference.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yeah, I know...he got 2 Bolts but he didn't get the promo taken off, just the two mfr coupons. [/quote]
Where Bolt is rung up on the receipt, you can see two $5 off coupons applied. The first is to bring the price to $25 for this weeks promo; the second is the $10 coupon split in half over the two movies.

Ah...that looks like a manual override, or they fixed the system. I got $10 off on both when I got mine on Sunday. I only used one coupon though :whistle2:(

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Mine is only $4.99 + tax, Ha Haa!!![/quote]

Nvm, misread your price match from a earlier post.

Good luck with the receipt everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LinkinPrime']Ah...that looks like a manual override, or they fixed the system. I got $10 off on both when I got mine on Sunday. I only used one coupon though :whistle2:([/quote]
Wow I don't remember anyone mentioning getting $10 off on BOTH movies. That woulda been nice, to get Bolt+Pinocchio for $10 each...

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Wow I don't remember anyone mentioning getting $10 off on BOTH movies. That woulda been nice, to get Bolt+Pinocchio for $10 each...[/quote]

It only works if you get 2 Bolts.

The promo is:

Buy Bolt :br: and get $10 off another Disney :br:

If you buy 2 Bolt :br:'s, it gives you $10 off each one.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']It only works if you get 2 Bolts.

The promo is:

Buy Bolt :br: and get $10 off another Disney :br:

If you buy 2 Bolt :br:'s, it gives you $10 off each one.[/quote]
Oh I see what happened... it saw each movie and applied the coupon to the other. I thought you meant it was just applying it twice no matter what. I wasn't aware that that was what was happening (

[quote name='xoh96x']I've been using manufacturer's coupons at Toys R us all the time, it scans right in their system. You were lied to, call customer service.[/quote]

[quote name='statiktrax']Don't be a sucker. It's legit. Infact I scanned my receipt so you can print this out additionally to show them proof they are wrong.

toysrusreceipt.jpg
[/quote]

I'm not saying it shouldn't work or won't, I'm saying that not all will accept it. According to corporate policy, they only have to accept coupons directly from the Toys R Us website. I have no doubt that it WOULD have scanned had they bothered to try, simply that not all stores/managers are going to do it. I'll be trying again in the next few days to see if I can get a cashier who doesn't have to call a supervisor to check on the coupon.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']There's a glitch at Toysrus.com showing $14.99 (add this and removed Hannah Montana Demo). Print this out and the $10 coupon. Go to Best Buy to do a price-match to saved $20 off $24.99. You pay $4.99 + tax.

Toys R' Us - Bolt $14.99 (Glitch)
2rxbki8.jpg

Best Buy Receipts
2r53mty.jpg
[/quote]

W00t! worked like a glove for me! thanx a billion. I dont even have blu-ray, but luckily it came with a dvd too!

I don't see why this should be moved.

The $25 Bolt :br: and $10 off w/ :br: purchase are alive until Saturday and are automatic in the TRU system.

The $10 off coupon is a manufacturer coupon, and there is no stipulations on the coupon stating one per customer, so there *should* be no problem for TRU to take a coupon for each copy of Bolt :br: purchased, as they'll get reimbursed by BVHE.

It worked as of 8 PM CST yesterday. The cashier couldn't believe how little I paid for 2 copies of a new release:br: (even if it is Bolt 8-[)

The only hitch might be a cashier with an attitude who won't let you use a coupon, or 2 coupons. It shouldn't be an issue becuse TRU routinely take manufacturer's coupons for other items.

[quote name='manthing']The only hitch might be a cashier with an attitude who won't let you use a coupon, or 2 coupons. It shouldn't be an issue becuse TRU routinely take manufacturer's coupons for other items.[/QUOTE]

This is true. Have run into this in previous purchase but not this time around.

Anyhow, to the guy who got 2 $10 off Disney promos, must have been a glitch because my receipt was exactly like the one posted on the previous page for my purchase yesterday. Only got one $10 off buying the second copy of Bolt. I was able to use two $10 coupons which was surprising.

I was also surprised that one of the TRUs had them left. The closest two to me was sold out on Sunday and didn't get additional stock. So I called around and had them put on hold at another store I normally don't frequent (only had 4 left at the time). So keep looking, they're out there.

Figured I would buy Bolt and Cars on Blu since they worked out at $15 each after coupons, and I actually needed both movies.

Nice deal.

Wow did I have to jump through a few hoops to get in on this...

First the woman proclaimed to me that the coupon was "how you get the $10 off on the combined purchase." When I pointed out that it was a manufactures coupon she then tried the whole "well we can't combine these two things together." I quickly asked for a manager who was near by. He hemmed and hummed for several minutes while looking closely at the weely ad, my coupon, and the two Blurays. Finally the manager snapped back "well this coupon looks rather Photoshopped... we can't take it." I quickly explained that it was printed from Disney's own site. Thankfully another employee happened to walk by and reminded the manager that they had already taken several of them this week in combination with the ad.

So yeah.... in real time this whole ordeal was roughly ten minutes. While the savings are really good it shows how lacking Toys R Us is when it comes to not only their own ad but also coupons that are in effect on items they sell. I know that TRU isn't exactly the place that the average media customer goes when buying new releases and what not but even stuff like this shows how poorly run they are.

Also I must mention that their Bluray selection absolutely sucks. They had literaly three titles total: Bolt, Tinker Bell, and Pinocchio. Plus their placement is just down right awful - the only copies of ANY of them I could find is on a displayer near video games which while isn't too far away from the DVD area it still looks terrible to have something in the ad not in the area with other said related items.

[quote name='Demolition Man']
Also I must mention that their Bluray selection absolutely sucks. They had literaly three titles total: Bolt, Tinker Bell, and Pinocchio. Plus their placement is just down right awful - the only copies of ANY of them I could find is on a displayer near video games which while isn't too far away from the DVD area it still looks terrible to have something in the ad not in the area with other said related items.[/quote]
TRU doesn't know WHAT to do with movies. My TRU has about 4 or five different endcaps, stands, etc for movies. One endcap is for Disney movies - there is a stand in the aisle for new releases - and then another endcap for BDs in general - its just downright confusing. And when I wanted Pinnochio on BD, it was only at the front register. Just terrible. I think they don't think people will be going there for specific movies so they sort of think of them as impulse buys at all times. Just try to put a lot of attractive and new stuff where people might glance and pick it up.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']TRU doesn't know WHAT to do with movies. My TRU has about 4 or five different endcaps, stands, etc for movies. One endcap is for Disney movies - there is a stand in the aisle for new releases - and then another endcap for BDs in general - its just downright confusing. And when I wanted Pinnochio on BD, it was only at the front register. Just terrible. I think they don't think people will be going there for specific movies so they sort of think of them as impulse buys at all times. Just try to put a lot of attractive and new stuff where people might glance and pick it up.[/quote]

I had the same problem. To free standing displays. Two end-caps and then one wall. I was baffled, the same titles were in multiple locations.

I think that the double $10 off two Bolt copies is now officially dead. Went to TRU to pick up two copies along with the 2 MFR's...got them both for $23.xx after coupons. I was hoping for $13 but the $10 off offer only applied once.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I think that the double $10 off two Bolt copies is now officially dead. Went to TRU to pick up two copies along with the 2 MFR's...got them both for $23.xx after coupons. I was hoping for $13 but the $10 off offer only applied once.[/quote]

Who mentioned getting 2 copies of Bolt for $13?

:whistle2:s

[quote name='manthing']Who mentioned getting 2 copies of Bolt for $13?

:whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

LinkinPrime a couple pages back. Apparently, he got the TRU $10 promo to apply twice for 2 Bolts. Might have been a first day glitch as most of us seemed to only get one $10 promo for Bolt plus one other Disney title.

Did any of you watch Bolt yet? I didn't notice the PG rating and now I'm a bit concerned that my daughter should not watch it. Is there any objectionable content that might scare a little kid or maybe some foul language? We watched Madagascar together (I thought it was pretty harmless since I already saw it) but now whenever my daughter gets annoyed she says "Sugar Honey Iced Tea" which is hilarious in theory but I'd rather her not...

[quote name='javeryh']Did any of you watch Bolt yet? I didn't notice the PG rating and now I'm a bit concerned that my daughter should not watch it. Is there any objectionable content that might scare a little kid or maybe some foul language? We watched Madagascar together (I thought it was pretty harmless since I already saw it) but now whenever my daughter gets annoyed she says "Sugar Honey Iced Tea" which is hilarious in theory but I'd rather her not...[/quote]

Bolt has a very fast-paced action sequence at the beginning. There's no bad language or anything close to the "Sugar Honey Iced Tea" bit, but there is definitely some behavior that little ones will pick up. My daughter runs around quoting the hamster. It's hilarious.

bread's done
Back