Bolt on BluRay ?

Richlough

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Which B&M will have the best deal on this?

I say B&M because, I'm taking my daughter to get it .
She's really been looking forward to it, after seeing it at the movies.

Thanks to all who reply!

[quote name='bob330i']LinkinPrime a couple pages back. Apparently, he got the TRU $10 promo to apply twice for 2 Bolts. Might have been a first day glitch as most of us seemed to only get one $10 promo for Bolt plus one other Disney title.[/quote]

According to my local Toys R Us, you aren't even able to get one $10 promo if you buy two copies of Bolt. Then again, these are the same people who told me I couldn't use a coupon printed offline even though it was a manufacturer's coupon from the Disney website, and now seem to have changed their tune. Does anybody know if this is automatic or is it not even worth my time going (I'm a 25 min. away, so I'd rather avoid it if I'm going to have to argue the point).

[quote name='joshythegreat18']According to my local Toys R Us, you aren't even able to get one $10 promo if you buy two copies of Bolt. Then again, these are the same morons who told me I couldn't use a coupon printed offline even though it was a manufacturer's coupon from the Disney website. Does anybody know if this is automatic or is it not even worth my time going (I'm a 25 min. away, so I'd rather avoid it if I'm going to have to argue the point).[/quote]

The $10 off promo was automatic when I picked up 2 copies on Wednesday.

The $25 sale price rings up when they scan each copy. When they hit the total button, then the extra $10 comes off automatically.

I don't know if they fixed that yet or not though.

[quote name='thelonepig']Bolt has a very fast-paced action sequence at the beginning. There's no bad language or anything close to the "Sugar Honey Iced Tea" bit, but there is definitely some behavior that little ones will pick up. My daughter runs around quoting the hamster. It's hilarious.[/QUOTE]

The hamster is hilarious. The pigeons are funny too. It was pretty formulaic but it's worth $12 on BR if you have kids.

[quote name='manthing']The $10 off promo was automatic when I picked up 2 copies on Wednesday.

The $25 sale price rings up when they scan each copy. When they hit the total button, then the extra $10 comes off automatically.

I don't know if they fixed that yet or not though.[/quote]

Thanks for the info.

Just got back, and it still is indeed in the system. So just a heads up to anybody who is still trying to get in on the deal.

[quote name='joshythegreat18']Thanks for the info.

Just got back, and it still is indeed in the system. So just a heads up to anybody who is still trying to get in on the deal.[/quote]

No problem.

Thanks for confirming it's still working.

not that I am complaining or anything...but why such a generous offer on the BR? Especially considering it's a new release... Was it really that bad?

It's an excellent flick. I'm not sure why Disney dropped the $10 off coupons, but the rest of it is TRU's doing trying to get people in the store.

[quote name='ITDEFX']not that I am complaining or anything...but why such a generous offer on the BR? Especially considering it's a new release... Was it really that bad?[/quote]

They had the same deal on the DVD, just $5 off instead of $10. TRU outdo themselves on sales every now and then. Movie is not bad, it's got Miley Cyrus which stinks, but she's barely got any lines which is good...the country music soundtrack bugs me, but I can get over it.

Disney is doing these coupons to boost BR sales - plain and simple. Disney BR has a pretty high MSRP to begin with, and stores usually have it at $30, so $20 after coupon seems almost reasonable. I think they are trying to get people in initially and then when they raise the price people will be sort of stuck, thinking "I always get the BR"...

[quote name='LinkinPrime']They had the same deal on the DVD, just $5 off instead of $10. TRU outdo themselves on sales every now and then. Movie is not bad, it's got Miley Cyrus which stinks, but she's barely got any lines which is good...the country music soundtrack bugs me, but I can get over it.[/quote]
I thought Miley Cyrus was fine - not great, and I am glad she wasn't featured much - but she wasn't too annoying. And there are I think 2 songs, both country yes, but not terrible. I thought the movie as a whole was pretty great.

Just got back from TRU in Beavercreek, OH. They refused to accept the $10 coupon. I asked to speak with the manager and he told me it is a corporate policy that they are not allowed to accept the coupon and that they are "re-training" associates on what coupons they can accept. I called BS but he still refused. Oh, well. I just picked it up at Best Buy instead.

Didn't Disney just announce a while back that they were actually going to RAISE Bluray MSRPs? I was thinking this coupon is a test to see if higher MSRPs work, while still giving people who Disney collects info from (and those of us who click links ;) ) the chance to get a decent price.

[quote name='XUGrad']Just got back from TRU in Beavercreek, OH. They refused to accept the $10 coupon. I asked to speak with the manager and he told me it is a corporate policy that they are not allowed to accept the coupon and that they are "re-training" associates on what coupons they can accept. I called BS but he still refused. Oh, well. I just picked it up at Best Buy instead.[/quote]

Same thing happened to me too. If you really want to get the extra copy for around the same price, try tomorrow during a different time and see if you can either get a cashier who "doesn't know any better" or have a different manager on duty.

Technically, it IS corporate policy that they don't have to accept any coupon other than those listed on their website or in their ads. However, I also think it's BS, and is simply your Toys R Us being lazy and not wanting to take the time or energy necessary to send in the coupons for reimbursement. Best of luck if you try again. I'll be rooting for you.

[quote name='javeryh']Did any of you watch Bolt yet? I didn't notice the PG rating and now I'm a bit concerned that my daughter should not watch it. Is there any objectionable content that might scare a little kid or maybe some foul language? We watched Madagascar together (I thought it was pretty harmless since I already saw it) but now whenever my daughter gets annoyed she says "Sugar Honey Iced Tea" which is hilarious in theory but I'd rather her not...[/quote]

Yes, do not let your daughter watch it, she is going to grow up to be a stripper if she watches bolt... sarcasm! :roll:

Come on man, its a Disney movie, when is the last time you saw foul language on a animated Disney movie? :lol:

[quote name='oasisboy']Yes, do not let your daughter watch it, she is going to grow up to be a stripper if she watches bolt... sarcasm! :roll:

Come on man, its a Disney movie, when is the last time you saw foul language on a animated Disney movie? :lol:[/quote]

I'm going to take a stab and say you don't have kids (or were just being funny, I suppose). My 3 year old will repeat everything she see or hears and we have to genuinely be careful with what she watches. Lilo & Stitch is a no-no in our house after she started licking my arm whenever I picked her up.

[quote name='thelonepig']I'm going to take a stab and say you don't have kids (or were just being funny, I suppose). My 3 year old will repeat everything she see or hears and we have to genuinely be careful with what she watches. Lilo & Stitch is a no-no in our house after she started licking my arm whenever I picked her up.[/QUOTE]

that is absolutely hilarious and i can picture it now, of course creating what you look like from random people.

[quote name='thelonepig']

1. I'm going to take a stab and say you don't have kids (or were just being funny, I suppose).

2. My 3 year old will repeat everything she see or hears and we have to genuinely be careful with what she watches.

3. Lilo & Stitch is a no-no in our house after she started licking my arm whenever I picked her up.[/quote]

1. I have 2 kids, a 4 yr. old girl and 2 yr. old boy. Yes, I was being funny because I always hear stories of people blaming TV shows for their kids actions, when in reality, these parents let the TV be the babysitter.

2. So your kid is like a parrot... so based on how your kid is, then don't let your kid get near other kids because other parents are not as cautious as you and those kids can make your kid see and hear other stuff.

3. Can't you just tell your kid to stop licking you because normal people dont do that? Tell your kid that Lilo & Stich is a cartoon and that real life is not like that. What's next, no Sesame Street because they touch each other's arms and legs? No Dora the explorer because she kisses boots?

My kids watch Family Guy and the Simpsons with me. I am liberal as hell (lets legalize drugs and prostitution like in Holland and tax it the fuck out of it to get out of this economic mess) but I do tell my kids whats right and wrong.

Oooookay.. let's take the argument above, and you know what we're going to do? We're going to put a pin in it, because no one wants to fight.

[quote name='Scorch']Oooookay.. let's take the argument above, and you know what we're going to do? We're going to put a pin in it, because no one wants to fight.[/quote]

:applause:

And of course I teach my kids right and wrong. I can't imagine that you it wouldn't have dawned on anyone that I had, in fact, told my daughter not to lick my arm. It's just fun to share the joys of parenting with folks that have the same concerns and are in the same situations.

Apparently you don't count as your kids already listen to you the first time, never do anything you ask them not to, and don't repeat anything they hear or see on TV or day-to-day life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, just got back from Toys R Us and I got 2 copies of Bolt for $22.48 in Mentor, OH. When i tried to do it, i handed the lady the coupons and she wouldnt believe me that it'd work, so she started to ring em up seperatly, so i showed her that it said "one per specific item" not "one per customer." so she's like "Ohhhhh," and she called the manager to see if itd work. when it did, the manager gave me a funny look and walked away, lol. so yea, that was my adventure.

[quote name='thelonepig']

1. I can't imagine that you it wouldn't have dawned on anyone that I had, in fact, told my daughter not to lick my arm.

2. Apparently you don't count as your kids already listen to you the first time, never do anything you ask them not to, and don't repeat anything they hear or see on TV or day-to-day life.[/quote]

1. So why aren't you showing your daughter Lilo & Stich anymore? (that was my understanding because of your "no-no" comment). I wouldnt take away a movie from my children just because they imitate something "innocent" from a movie, like licking my arm.

2. My kids are the worse for listening to me or my wife and actually I dont think they have ever imitated something from a movie or show (if they did, it was probably something minor that I do not remember). We allow them to watch shows with us that some people would probably freak out. We watch the Simpsons, South Park, Family Guy and others. If my daughter has a question, then we explain what happened or how its right or wrong (we just dont take away a movie or turn off the tv and say "You are not watching this anymore"). I am sure you probably dont let your kids watch any of these shows.

[quote name='Scorch']Oooookay.. let's take the argument above, and you know what we're going to do? We're going to put a pin in it, because no one wants to fight.[/quote]

Nobody is fighting man, this is just good conversation between parents about raising kids. Its all good. :applause:

And yes, Bolt was really good, my daughter has already watch the movie twice.

[quote name='oasisboy']We watch the Simpsons, South Park, Family Guy and others. If my daughter has a question, then we explain what happened or how its right or wrong (we just dont take away a movie or turn off the tv and say "You are not watching this anymore"). I am sure you probably dont let your kids watch any of these shows.[/quote]

Moreso because I don't watch any of those shows.

We've got different techniques for parenting, neither of which is incorrect. Let's just leave it at that.

Since the Bolt deal at TRU is dead , and the $10 off BR coupon is only good till tuesday , would it be assumed then that the next best deal on the movie would be from best buy this week? (Buy bolt and another select disney movie save $10).

Also , since I noticed it the other day but don't remember anybody else mentioning it with bolt deals , could the $10 off BR coupon be combined with the $6 off bolt with purchase of Lilo and Stitch?

[quote name='StarKnightX']Since the Bolt deal at TRU is dead , and the $10 off BR coupon is only good till tuesday , would it be assumed then that the next best deal on the movie would be from best buy this week? (Buy bolt and another select disney movie save $10).

Also , since I noticed it the other day but don't remember anybody else mentioning it with bolt deals , could the $10 off BR coupon be combined with the $6 off bolt with purchase of Lilo and Stitch?[/QUOTE]

It is the next best deal, but the problem is that Bolt is now 34.99 instead of 24.99 so it kind of negates it. It would probably work if you wanted to use both coupons, since you have two items.

bread's done
Back