Bon Jovi's Hair Metal OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its also really stupid because if I criticize someone or something to that effect, I get ostricized for lack of tact. However, defender comes along and singles ddf out when there are a other people with far worse intent and no one says anything because hes an admin. I thought you were supposed to have better judgement the more power you had.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Pretty much, but everyone on the boards are turning into giant pussies. I won't single anyone out, but i'm saying generally people need to grow up.[/QUOTE]
Do eeeit! Name names! Let's all point and laugh!

[quote name='Kayden']They waste 45 seconds of OUR time. Every dipshit and cry baby reports all their posts. Then, every mod gets an email. That wastes significantly more time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, good point.

They should enact negative reinforcement when the report function is used improperly.

I would rather prefer banning the crybabies and the truly offensive posters. Not the annoying 13 year old, struggling with acne, body hair sprouting, constantly having inapporpriate erections, only chance of finding love is to join a cult trolls.

[quote name='fanskad']Yeah, good point.

They should enact negative reinforcement when the report function is used improperly.

I would rather prefer banning the crybabies and the truly offensive posters. Not the annoying 13 year old, struggling with acne, body hair sprouting, constantly having inapporpriate erections, only chance of finding love is to join a cult trolls.[/QUOTE]

You seem to have intimate knowledge of that dilema... :lol:

[quote name='Kayden']Its also really stupid because if I criticize someone or something to that effect, I get ostricized for lack of tact. However, defender comes along and singles ddf out when there are a other people with far worse intent and no one says anything because hes an admin. I thought you were supposed to have better judgement the more power you had.[/QUOTE]

What is this? Plato's Republic? Or a Spiderman Comic?

It's just naive to think that those who wield power will also show responsibility. Douglas Adams said it best when descibing the ruler of the Galaxy. Nobody who wants that sort of power is suited to have it.

[quote name='Kayden']You seem to have intimate knowledge of that dilema... :lol:[/QUOTE]

I was once a puberty monkey as well. My memory of those days in Chemistry class when Mrs. Wilson was talking about acids and my raging erections are still intact.

It's been many years, but I have matured in body, if not mind.

[quote name='Kayden']Its also really stupid because if I criticize someone or something to that effect, I get ostricized for lack of tact. However, defender comes along and singles ddf out when there are a other people with far worse intent and no one says anything because hes an admin. I thought you were supposed to have better judgement the more power you had.[/QUOTE]

The mods (including defender) were getting at least 3 reported post emails a day due to one of his posts. You may not agree, but that was defender's way of showing everyone to just use the ignore list for anyone who annoys you (DDF) and not to report it.

[quote name='JimmieMac']You post the most inexcusably gay shit all the time. You should be chastised by these kids more.[/QUOTE]

You know, Jimmie, If you wanted a date with him, there's easier ways than the course you're taking.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Do eeeit! Name names! Let's all point and laugh![/QUOTE]

That would be a rather exhaustive list.

Go ahead, start with me.
I obviously deserve to be mocked mercilessly.

[quote name='Trakan']The mods (including defender) were getting at least 3 reported post emails a day due to one of his posts. You may not agree, but that was defender's way of showing everyone to just use the ignore list for anyone who annoys you (DDF) and not to report it.[/QUOTE]

I thought we stopped making public examples of people 200 years ago?

[quote name='JSweeney']That would be a rather exhaustive list.

Go ahead, start with me.
I obviously deserve to be mocked mercilessly.[/QUOTE]
No, Sweeney...I don't see you being a mockee...we need you to be a mocker. Bolded dissection pwnage with gratuitous use of logic is mucho teh necessary.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Obviously you haven't turned on a TV lately...[/QUOTE]

Actually... no. I only watch cartoon network for the 5 minutes before I go to bed.

[quote name='Kayden']I thought we stopped making public examples of people 200 years ago?[/QUOTE]

He's the only one who would have reported posts on a daily basis. Sometimes you have to name names. In another topic, you said DDF does this just for attention. Apparently, this will make him very happy, and give him all the attention he loves so much.

Keep in mind I didn't make the thread, defender did, and if that's the way he wanted to get the message across, then so be it.

I don't give a shit about DDF one way or the other. Banned or not banned, I ignore him either way.

[quote name='Kayden']Actually... no. I only watch cartoon network for the 5 minutes before I go to bed.[/QUOTE]
Masturbating to Dexter's Lab again, eh, Kayden?

:twisted:

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Masturbating to Dexter's Lab again, eh, Kayden?

:twisted:[/QUOTE]

fuck no... Power Puff Girls :twisted:

[quote name='Kayden']fuck no... Power Puff Girls :twisted:[/QUOTE]

So then, you do have more in common with dcfox than I originally thought.

[quote name='JSweeney']So then, you do have more in common with dcfox than I originally thought.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking Sub.

What's the best part about having sex with a 12 year old girl?

When you're done, you can flip her over and pretend she's a 9 year old boy!

[quote name='fanskad']What's the best part about having sex with a 12 year old girl?

When you're done, you can flip her over and pretend she's a 9 year old boy![/QUOTE]

Whats the worst part about having sex with a twelve year old girl?

Getting the blood out of your clown costume.

Congratulations.

I was in AP history in HS. The teacher was a football coach and didn't know a damn thing about history. He had no business teaching any history class at all.

Then I got to college. And I found that professors truly loved what they were teaching.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Don't bother kid, I've already cleared our CC out...Unless you want 5 copies of State of Emergency, then yeah, CC would be just the place to visit.[/QUOTE]

ok, gee thanks Ugamer. good job

I don't get why the mods get mad that people complain, when right afterwards they complain about the job they were asked to do. If you didn't want to do it, you shouldn't have took it. Its your job to listen to the community and do what you deem neccesary. It seems as though you guys only want to do the "do what you deem neccesary" part without listening to the community since it bothers you so much. You say its one useless post that you can skip over, but then complain about the one email you get. You probably get as many reported posts as there is annoying posts we have to read.

[quote name='zewone']I don't get why the mods get mad that people complain, when right afterwards they complain about the job they were asked to do. If you didn't want to do it, you shouldn't have took it. Its your job to listen to the community and do what you deem neccesary. It seems as though you guys only want to do the "do what you deem neccesary" part without listening to the community since it bothers you so much. You say its one useless post that you can skip over, but then complain about the one email you get. You probably get as many reported posts as there is annoying posts we have to read.[/QUOTE]

I agree. :applause:

Everyone knows that "Wanted Dead or Alive" is the best Bon Jovi song ever... "Never Say Goodbye" is a close second though because it's almost impossible not to get laid at high school prom with this shit playing in the background...

Slippery When Wet - Best album, followed closely by New Jersey...

But I just popped in here to point out a random thought I had just now... people don't say asshat enough around CAG anymore. Such a great word.

[quote name='zewone']I don't get why the mods get mad that people complain, when right afterwards they complain about the job they were asked to do. If you didn't want to do it, you shouldn't have took it. Its your job to listen to the community and do what you deem neccesary. It seems as though you guys only want to do the "do what you deem neccesary" part without listening to the community since it bothers you so much. You say its one useless post that you can skip over, but then complain about the one email you get. You probably get as many reported posts as there is annoying posts we have to read.[/QUOTE]

I think they get madded because it's the same 3 people again and again and it's easiest if they simply put someone on ignore.

there might be a massive flame war going on, so the OTT isnt getting the spotlight this time, but bon jovi sucks ass, dee snider can kick his ass, while steve vai chops him up with his killer ax

[quote name='JAMMR']Slippery When Wet - Best album, followed closely by New Jersey...

But I just popped in here to point out a random thought I had just now... people don't say asshat enough around CAG anymore. Such a great word.[/QUOTE]

No, we don't use asshat because it's getting tired. That and it showed up on an episode of the OC. When slang makes it to the OC, that slang is dead.

[quote name='fanskad']No, we don't use asshat because it's getting tired. That and it showed up on an episode of the OC. When slang makes it to the OC, that slang is dead.[/QUOTE]

OC used asshat, well atleast pissant is still valid

[quote name='Ozzkev55']OC used asshat, well atleast pissant is still valid[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that... pissant is so 1994... see Pisces Iscariot Track #6 and me calling everyone a pissant for the following 4 months... didn't go over too well at Thanksgiving dinner that year...

[quote name='javeryh']I don't know about that... pissant is so 1994... see Pisces Iscariot Track #6 and me calling everyone a pissant for the following 4 months... didn't go over too well at Thanksgiving dinner that year...[/QUOTE]

its pronounced piss- ahnt

Yesterday I was browsing EB and I noticed all the price drops on Games like Bloodrayne, Gundam, NFL2k5, etc. And my CAG connection was acting up so I didn't bother posting. However, I thought jokingly that there would be fifteen different threads on the price drops instead of some guy taking the trouble to just post everything at once.

Lo and behold...

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48277

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47212

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48183

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48174

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48202

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48223

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48248

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48193

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48191

You make good points z. If you're talking about when I said "fucking spammers" the other day, it's only because I think the guy's a bastard, not really me complaining about having to deal with him. I think the "Report Post" option was misused a few too many times, and now that will calm down.

Trakan, you and jake are actually the only ones of the mods I wasn't talking about. I haven't seen you guys really complain about the function, just try to help people understand its use.

Oh, and since I haven't PMed you back. Thanks again for the bunch of iTunes codes. I have so many, now I may be able to get an entire album in one click. :D

[quote name='zewone']Trakan, you and jake are actually the only ones of the mods I wasn't talking about. I haven't seen you guys really complain about the function, just try to help people understand its use.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Bite me z.

And did I not make an entire thread in the hopes of making people understand it's function?

I love being a mod, and I've always tried to help people when they ask. But I think alot of the problems on this site could be solved if people just used the Ignore feature. Don't like what someone says? Ignore them. Only report the post if it's something pretty major. Thus far, a good majority of the emails I get for reported posts are for little fueds that go back and forth between two or three users. That isn't me bitching, that's fact.

Be glad I'm not a mod. Half the board would likely have Temp-bans right now.
Many of you have gone far out of control, even people I had though much, much better of.

[quote name='dcfox']When you report a post, who does it go to?[/QUOTE]

I think it goes to all the mods and admins, but I could be wrong.

[quote name='dcfox']When you report a post, who does it go to?[/QUOTE]

All the Mods, I remember someone had a thread bitching about newbs reporting thingss and asking things llike "Where can I get Auto Modellista for 2,50" and stuff.

[quote name='KrazyKefka']I think it goes to all the mods and admins, but I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

Correct.

Someone also did report a post asking how much they could get for Auto Modellista at GameRush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back