Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

Yeah, I have a feeling those weapon and shield buffs were taken out of the game to encourage co-op play. Each class has access to different buffs now and to combine them you need contributions from multiple team members.

i had a decent pistol class mod and a sniper one which i ended up selling for a shield cap, and 1.8 health regen class one. it's been great. my shield mod is a quick recharge shield one, like 1.1 seconds...though my actual shield is about 97. so far it's been really good for my assassin.

Anyone do the wave 5 of the Flints Slaughterhouse? After wave 3 nobody spawns and you have to off yourself to get back out. tried 4 times yesterday to no avail and cannot finish it.

[quote name='Freemason']Anyone do the wave 5 of the Flints Slaughterhouse? After wave 3 nobody spawns and you have to off yourself to get back out. tried 4 times yesterday to no avail and cannot finish it.[/QUOTE]

It's a random glitch. Annoying as hell when it happens, but I've finished it on the initial playthrough and currently my second. Just keep at it until the round continues.

The
Hyperion
one however... was a huge pain in the ass for my Zero. I have yet to finish the final wave. I'll get to it eventually/when randoms stop doing stupid shit to get them killed or refuse to revive people.

Also Randy is giving out codes again this time with 10,000 redemptions here.

[quote name='Javery']Is it worth my time to play the first game or should I just jump in with this one?[/QUOTE]

it's kinda like ME > ME2 > ME3.
if you play the previous games you'll potentially get more out of the current one, i.e. background, jokes, and satisfaction of seeing familiar faces, as well as apperciate what was changes/upgraded.

if you play BL2 then BL1, you probably won't get into is as much due to the incredible changes made in BL2.

...also, how much time do you have to play?

[quote name='100xp']
...also, how much time do you have to play?[/QUOTE]

Lol isn't that always the case.

I didn't notice the down down of the gore and I wonder what they have to do to get a M on your game now, shesh.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']
Also Randy is giving out codes again this time with 10,000 redemptions here.[/QUOTE]

Where do you enter these codes - on xbox redeem or on the shift redeem section?

*EDIT* I'm guessing shift since it says shift code. Thanks for posting - just got it!

I'm sort of convinced the RNG Gods look favorably upon me whenever I mass kick idiots out of my sessions. I swear ever since I discovered this game has a host kick feature it forgets to lower the drop rate when people get kicked. I've found at least five purples since I started doing it.

Speaking of which I just kicked two morons who were dumb enough to start bitching about me finishing a quest (oh the nerve of me) while they tried to travel spam me out of it to finish the nearby Slaughterhouse. Finished the quest and what's waiting for me in the first weapon box I find? A badass purple corrosive AR for my Axton, lol.

Ah... this is truly priceless.

I'm playing a Siren, so naturally everything dies from either corrosion, fire or electricity. Not much gore to be had there.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Just used the gold key code. Still working as of 4:27pm MST. Thanks[/QUOTE]Still worked for me as of 7pm est. Randy tweeted there are still "plenty" of redemptions left.

Just redeemed at 7:58...here's hoping I don't loose it due to that badass rank glitch. Thanks to Ink for posting about the tweet/code. Loving the game so far. Hope to finish up my single player play through this week so I can go through it in mp soon.

[quote name='Brother Daz']About time to bust out those silver accounts? Lol[/QUOTE]

Are golden keys even tradable? Because you can only redeem the codes via Shift, and not Xbox Live.

I'm surprised they lasted that long to be honest.

Keep an eye on their twitter accounts. They will be posting them randomly throughout the week (and onward). More-so now as they are still testing out their redemption system.

Does anyone have a Slaughterdome code they don't want? I decided to abandon my Gamestop preorder and went with the $20 gift card at Best Buy, so I only have the Premiere Club code. I'll PayPal or Amazon GC for it, but I'd prefer to trade (or mix of both).

I've come across a few health regen shields. One im using right now is about 14k shield with 2k health and i forget how much health regen. Its not the fastest, but its better than nothing.

You know...(STORY SPOILER)
whenever this game's story heavily deviates from its' current tone, i.e. dark humor, it's pretty terrible.

[quote name='KingBroly']You know...(STORY SPOILER)
whenever this game's story heavily deviates from its' current tone, i.e. dark humor, it's pretty terrible.
[/QUOTE]

#-o

Dammit, I keep missing these codes. I even called my son with the last one while you guys were posting that it worked (since I was out watching my other son play a soccer game) and it still didn't work. Oh well...

Beat the campaign last night, on level 31. I still have a lot of early sidequests to go back and mop up. :)

How long can you let Jack go on talking? Because I capped that mofo in like 2 seconds. :) "Cool Story, Bro" indeed.

Also, we never do get to see what he looks like behind the mask?! Come on!

[quote name='io']Dammit, I keep missing these codes. I even called my son with the last one while you guys were posting that it worked (since I was out watching my other son play a soccer game) and it still didn't work. Oh well...[/QUOTE]
Are you redeeming it in the game in the extras section?

I like how Gearbox is doing this. That you have to boot up the game to redeem the code and currently no way to redeem in any other way.

I know most people are so used to seeing 25 digit codes and making a mad dash to Xbox.com

[quote name='Cephiros']I like how Gearbox is doing this. That you have to boot up the game to redeem the code and currently no way to redeem in any other way.

I know most people are so used to seeing 25 digit codes and making a mad dash to Xbox.com[/QUOTE]

I don't. I couldn't get home til hours after it was posted. I redeemed 2 at like 7PM PST. Got two purple class mods, and gf got two blue relics.

[quote name='elessar123']I don't. I couldn't get home til hours after it was posted. I redeemed 2 at like 7PM PST. Got two purple class mods, and gf got two blue relics.[/QUOTE]
Blue relics from the gold key chest? I thought everything that comes of out that chest were purple items?

[quote name='Brother Daz']Blue relics from the gold key chest? I thought everything that comes of out that chest were purple items?[/QUOTE]
Nope. I've gotten a smattering of blues from it.

Sigh...I've tried this one side quest boss 10 times already, and each time it scales to my level. I just can't believe they thought level scaling was a good idea. It blows my mind since they still have the mechanic from the first game where the higher level you are at means the more enemies that are spawned. Completely mind boggling.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Are you redeeming it in the game in the extras section?[/QUOTE]

Yes

[quote name='elessar123']I don't. I couldn't get home til hours after it was posted. I redeemed 2 at like 7PM PST. Got two purple class mods, and gf got two blue relics.[/QUOTE]

Dammit - my son did it before that but I think he entered the code wrong. I made sure he read it back to me correctly but his handwriting is so bad I think when he went to do it for real it said "invalid code". Then he gave up (I was out of the house at the time).

[quote name='crunchewy']Is the code still working? I tried yesterday thinking it was for xbox.com. If dead, then oh well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is long dead. I got home around 7:30 (Pacific) and entered it and it said they had all been redeemed.

Had it been an Xbox Live code I could have done it on my phone while I was out.

I've had no problem with level scaling. As a matter of fact, I love level scaling. Keeps you on your toes while raising the difficulty of the game. That was one of my biggest complains of Borderlands; how freaking easy the game was. I wanted a bit more difficulty, and I am glad they delivered that. However, I can see how people would hate level scaling and an increased difficulty.

Unfortunately, I am near the end, and will be taking a bit of a break to play Mists of Pandaria before completing BL2. I should get BL2 done sometime this weekend if my schoolwork permits me to do so.

[quote name='KingBroly']Sigh...I've tried this one side quest boss 10 times already, and each time it scales to my level. I just can't believe they thought level scaling was a good idea. It blows my mind since they still have the mechanic from the first game where the higher level you are at means the more enemies that are spawned. Completely mind boggling.[/QUOTE]

Get help from CAGs?

[quote name='KingBroly']Sigh...I've tried this one side quest boss 10 times already, and each time it scales to my level. I just can't believe they thought level scaling was a good idea. It blows my mind since they still have the mechanic from the first game where the higher level you are at means the more enemies that are spawned. Completely mind boggling.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should stop playing this one. You've been really down on it for a couple of days now. If you're not having fun, play another game.

Do only some bosses scale? I went back to a really early area (the ship in the ice) to look for a Vault symbol and the boss there (Flynt) is really easy now.

I don't know if older bosses scale or not. I know that whatever I'm facing in an area with a Quest available, enemies scale to me. It's frustrating. I can't beat this one side boss in
Lynchwood
because of it.

I just hate enemies scaling to me in general, but the way this game handles it is probably the worst I've ever seen because of the sheer volume of enemies.

[quote name='io']Do only some bosses scale? I went back to a really early area (the ship in the ice) to look for a Vault symbol and the boss there (Flynt) is really easy now.[/QUOTE]
Played Flynt last night with my friend for the second time; we're both level 14 now and he went down in about 15 seconds. Definitely looks like Flynt doesn't scale, along with all the regular enemies in his area. Dropped the same level 4 pistol as he did the first time, too.

Well, (and this is not to just dismiss your complaint) one of the biggest problems people had with the original Borderlands was how even the highest level enemies were totally outclassed by a level 50 character. One of the DLCs rebalanced all of the enemies in the game.

I'm not sure how it works in B2, there are definitely some zones where enemies stay permanently low level but others seem to scale. I'm sure there's some pattern.

Wtf one of my spins on the slot tossed out a live gernade and almost killed me. Paid to get wounded.

Also are people finding the qr codes? When I play with my kids on two consoles he can see the qr codes but they dont show up on my screen (I am host)

[quote name='kklems']Wtf one of my spins on the slot tossed out a live gernade and almost killed me. Paid to get wounded.

Also are people finding the qr codes? When I play with my kids on two consoles he can see the qr codes but they dont show up on my screen (I am host)[/QUOTE]

The machines spit out grenades maybe 5-10% of the time for me, and it's costing almost $1000 per pull. But it's not like $100k does me any good.

I haven't looked for QR codes myself.

As for mobs leveling with you: We went through zombies and claptrap expansions in B1 getting 1-4 xp a kill, so I'm glad they level with you. I mostly use +accuracy skills and mods, and the strongest shotguns I can find. I've been able to one or two shot most Badasses all game. Right now, I think I have a 460x19 explosive shotgun with 40 accuracy at level 31.

[quote name='kklems']Wtf one of my spins on the slot tossed out a live gernade and almost killed me. Paid to get wounded.

Also are people finding the qr codes? When I play with my kids on two consoles he can see the qr codes but they dont show up on my screen (I am host)[/QUOTE]

Happens all the time to me (the grenades). I've been running the slots a ton trying to get that challenge done (3 vault symbols or 3 eridium bars I think - I've gotten everything but those so far).

QR codes? Whaa?

As for loot, I got an orange shield from a really early Lilith mission I think (the Firehawk one maybe?) - it seemed to me it was the standard reward. Are others not getting that?

[quote name='io']Happens all the time to me (the grenades). I've been running the slots a ton trying to get that challenge done (3 vault symbols or 3 eridium bars I think - I've gotten everything but those so far).

QR codes? Whaa?

As for loot, I got an orange shield from a really early Lilith mission I think (the Firehawk one maybe?) - it seemed to me it was the standard reward. Are others not getting that?[/QUOTE]

Rewards have random stats. GF and I did a mission last night, and her pistol said ~4000 damage, while mine was like 120x1. Both had 50% more love =P

Speaking of slot machines and grenades. I had no idea nades came out and as luck would have it I got two nades on both machines at the same time. I ended up dying in sanctuary and could not get a second wind because there is nothing to kill. :bouncy:

[quote name='GUNNM']...and could not get a second wind because there is nothing to kill. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

This is the problem with second wind and flame damage after everything is dead. SOB

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Well, (and this is not to just dismiss your complaint) one of the biggest problems people had with the original Borderlands was how even the highest level enemies were totally outclassed by a level 50 character. One of the DLCs rebalanced all of the enemies in the game.

I'm not sure how it works in B2, there are definitely some zones where enemies stay permanently low level but others seem to scale. I'm sure there's some pattern.[/QUOTE]

I can understand the complaints, but I think this goes in the complete opposite direction. I'm not really seeing a good balance here. The game really seems thoughtless when it comes to single player. Sometimes I'd go through areas and have 50+ enemies spawn, and then I'd go back through the same area again with someone only to have 15 enemies spawn. It really seems off.

Anyway, just beat it. The final boss was
extremely long, tedious, and not very fun. This took about 20 minutes with 3 randoms mind you, with several people dying over and over again. I don't see how you're supposed to do that alone unless you're some kind of Overpowered God. Complete and utter disbelief right now.

Pitchford tweeted that they plan to do two more code drops tomorrow with one in the morning and the other in the evening. Each time it will be a code which can be redeemed 1000 times and the redeemer receives 5 golden keys.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Pitchford tweeted that they plan to do two more code drops tomorrow with one in the morning and the other in the evening. Each time it will be a code which can be redeemed 1000 times and the redeemer receives 5 golden keys.[/QUOTE]

Holy hell - don't want to miss that. I wonder what "morning" means to them. I'm usually up till 5 or 6 am Pacific so if they do it early East Coast time I might snag it then.

Ah, just checked the tweet and it is central time. Well, screw that - I'll be asleep for sure ;).

[quote name='KingBroly']Anyway, just beat it. The final boss was
extremely long, tedious, and not very fun. This took about 20 minutes with 3 randoms mind you, with several people dying over and over again. I don't see how you're supposed to do that alone unless you're some kind of Overpowered God. Complete and utter disbelief right now.
[/QUOTE]
I don't know, I beat it solo on level 30/31 (leveled up during the fight) with a Siren. Some of the earlier bosses were actually harder I thought.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I don't know, I beat it solo on level 30/31 (leveled up during the fight) with a Siren. Some of the earlier bosses were actually harder I thought.[/QUOTE]
I'm with you I just beat it on solo with my Level 32 Siren.. its all about the guns you choose to use and how fast you are. It took all of 5 minutes if that. Loved the game though. Now I gotta go back and play the rest of the missions to get that Platinum trophy baby!!! already at 67%

bread's done
Back