Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

[quote name='KingBroly']Anyway, just beat it. The final boss was
extremely long, tedious, and not very fun. This took about 20 minutes with 3 randoms mind you, with several people dying over and over again. I don't see how you're supposed to do that alone unless you're some kind of Overpowered God. Complete and utter disbelief right now.
[/QUOTE]

If you die, when you respawn back up at the top, you can jump on the cliff to the left of the blue barrier so that you have perfect view of the enemy while being protected by the barrier. You wont get any critical hits so it takes quite a while, but it was definitely the easiest/stress free way to beat that boss. He sometimes jumps to the middle of the screen, out of your view from the cliff, but I found if you jumped you could time it right to where you hit him over the barrier.

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']I'm with you I just beat it on solo with my Level 32 Siren.. its all about the guns you choose to use and how fast you are. It took all of 5 minutes if that. Loved the game though. Now I gotta go back and play the rest of the missions to get that Platinum trophy baby!!! already at 67%[/QUOTE]
"Platinum"... "trophy"... ? Surely you meant to say "1000 gamerscore". ;)

This one seems a good deal more involved than the original Borderlands. For one thing you have to play a significant portion of the game as Gunzerker and Assassin for their achievements (or have someone power level you I guess). Completing all challenges seems like it will be a major pain.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Completing all challenges seems like it will be a major pain.[/QUOTE]

Isn't it just complete the first level of each non-area based challenge?

[quote name='blindinglights']Isn't it just complete the first level of each non-area based challenge?[/QUOTE]
Yup. Even so, there's a lot of them. :)

[quote name='Ryuukishi']"Platinum"... "trophy"... ? Surely you meant to say "1000 gamerscore". ;)

This one seems a good deal more involved than the original Borderlands. For one thing you have to play a significant portion of the game as Gunzerker and Assassin for their achievements (or have someone power level you I guess). Completing all challenges seems like it will be a major pain.[/QUOTE]
You just need to complete level 1 of all non level specific challenges. Shouldn't be too tough. I'm almost there and am only a lvl 24

[quote name='KingBroly']Sigh...I've tried this one side quest boss 10 times already, and each time it scales to my level. I just can't believe they thought level scaling was a good idea. It blows my mind since they still have the mechanic from the first game where the higher level you are at means the more enemies that are spawned. Completely mind boggling.[/QUOTE]

other suggestion if it wasn't already suggested...try to change up your skill tree and wpns/mods/nade if you can. I had a lot of trouble w/one encounter area and I switched it up to be hybrid melee/sniper. Since there was so much surprise close encounters i was getting a lot of counter attack melee bonus in and getting through that area was much easier.

or as mentioned...come back when you have much better gear, levels, and a clear head. no sense is getting frustrated over this...this much.

Randy Pitchford (@DuvalMagic) tweeted at 10:06 AM on Wed, Sep 26, 2012:
X360 Borderlands 2 SHiFT code with 1k redemptions for 5 Golden Keys: WJKJT-RX6HB-BFRB6-WFTT3-SHK5X

Too bad i am at work. Good luck cags.

[quote name='kklems']Codes for all platforms dropped on twitter[/QUOTE]

Thanks but Twitter Whores must have camped out and destroyed that code the split second he posted it. It's done.

As for the end game... I thought the boss was ridiculously easy and underwhelming solo even for my melee based Zer0. I think I'm nearly finished with the challenges achievement as well. I just have to farm Crystaliks for easy crits, Lynchwood for the barrel and day/afternoon kill challenges to finish up.

I'm more concerned with the Jimmy Jinkins achievement since the general consensus is he's ridiculously hard to find because he can spawn anywhere in the game.

[quote name='Bezerker']If you die, when you respawn back up at the top, you can jump on the cliff to the left of the blue barrier so that you have perfect view of the enemy while being protected by the barrier. You wont get any critical hits so it takes quite a while, but it was definitely the easiest/stress free way to beat that boss. He sometimes jumps to the middle of the screen, out of your view from the cliff, but I found if you jumped you could time it right to where you hit him over the barrier.[/QUOTE]
Not if you have a rocket launcher that does 12000 damage and is elemental haha I did the same thing

If you have more than one golden key, on the screen with the challenges for the badass levels where it shows how many keys you have, will it still just show 1, or will it have the actual total number? I still have not used my golden key for preordering, so I have that one. Then, I registered and linked my gamertag to Shift the day the game came out and my total never showed more than 1. Then, last night, I got the prompt on the screen again showing that I have received a golden key, but my total still shows 1. Is this normal, or will I permanently just have only one golden key? Thanks.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Self-proclaimed first person to reach level 50 in Borderlands 2 after 43 hours of playing starting from midnight Tuesday.

I have no idea how you would verify something like that, but... whatever.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea why you would WANT to verify something like that to the general public in the first place.

[quote name='100xp']i'm more impressed with my friend's stay at home mom who beat Halo 3 on legendary, solo.[/QUOTE]

Hot.

[quote name='DeskLaser']If you have more than one golden key, on the screen with the challenges for the badass levels where it shows how many keys you have, will it still just show 1, or will it have the actual total number? I still have not used my golden key for preordering, so I have that one. Then, I registered and linked my gamertag to Shift the day the game came out and my total never showed more than 1. Then, last night, I got the prompt on the screen again showing that I have received a golden key, but my total still shows 1. Is this normal, or will I permanently just have only one golden key? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Mine says 2 since registering for Shift. It didn't update right away though.

[quote name='DeskLaser']If you have more than one golden key, on the screen with the challenges for the badass levels where it shows how many keys you have, will it still just show 1, or will it have the actual total number? I still have not used my golden key for preordering, so I have that one. Then, I registered and linked my gamertag to Shift the day the game came out and my total never showed more than 1. Then, last night, I got the prompt on the screen again showing that I have received a golden key, but my total still shows 1. Is this normal, or will I permanently just have only one golden key? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Mine shows two next to the x prompt when you go to open the chest.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']"Platinum"... "trophy"... ? Surely you meant to say "1000 gamerscore". ;)

This one seems a good deal more involved than the original Borderlands. For one thing you have to play a significant portion of the game as Gunzerker and Assassin for their achievements (or have someone power level you I guess). Completing all challenges seems like it will be a major pain.[/QUOTE]
Hell no I'm playing on PS3 not Xbox we get trophies Platinum is the last one after getting all of the others

[quote name='Renegade Moose']Mine shows two next to the x prompt when you go to open the chest.[/QUOTE]

Luckily I haven't been tempted to use the key yet, since I got an orange assault rifle with explosive rounds that dropped for me on a really early side quest boss, but it looks as if I may be screwed unless I can get on one of those twitter codes. The way those have been going, that is not looking like a big possibility though.

In case it hasn't been mentioned here yet...

It appears you can clone backpack items in BL2 the same as in BL1 when playing online co-op.

For XBOX:

1. Guest makes sure current state is saved and everyone gets away from save "poles"
2. Guest drops item
3. Host picks up item
4. Guest immediately quits to dashboard (GUIDE -> Y) (loses unsaved progress)
5. Host saves game normally (save pole/quit)

This simply exploits the fact that a non-host can exit without saving while leaving the rest of the team in-game, so two guests can clone as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Matt Young']One From Zero- dude, I had no idea you were registered here.[/QUOTE]

hahaha. Yeah, had been lurking here for some time until I got BL1 and saw the CAG playteam thread some months ago. That motivated me to finally make it legal :)

[quote name='One From Zero']hahaha. Yeah, had been lurking here for some time until I got BL1 and saw the CAG playteam thread some months ago. That motivated me to finally make it legal :)[/QUOTE]

Cool. Hope you like it here. This place is the reason I have so many damn Xbox games.:lol:

I finally soloed the fifth round of the Hyperion Slaughterhouse with Axton. Holy shit. I loathe Badass Constructors and RPG Loaders with a passion now. The end game sadly pales in comparison to the bullshit this round throws at you. I pity anyone who tries to clear this with randoms.

Container camping like a bitch and turret spam for the fucking win.

[quote name='Matt Young']Cool. Hope you like it here. This place is the reason I have so many damn Xbox games.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Lol ain't that the truth. Here save some money, here have too many games to playyyy!!!! ;)

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']I finally soloed the fifth round of the Hyperion Slaughterhouse with Axton. Holy shit. I loathe Badass Constructors and RPG Loaders with a passion now. The end game sadly pales in comparison to the bullshit this round throws at you. I pity anyone who tries to clear this with randoms.

Container camping like a bitch and turret spam for the fucking win.[/QUOTE]

Haven't had trouble with badass constructors, cause you can run about 85° from their eye, and they can't really hit you. Just run backwards when it jumps, and you're in the perfect position to get crits and to easily kill what they construct. If it fires missiles, run around, cause they always fire upwards first for me. The lasers also won't ever fire, cause it can't hit you.

But yes, RPG loaders suck. Especially if you don't realize one's around.

P.S. Level 33 before turning in the second to last mission.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Self-proclaimed first person to reach level 50 in Borderlands 2 after 43 hours of playing starting from midnight Tuesday.

I have no idea how you would verify something like that, but... whatever.[/QUOTE]

Uh - i don't know if this guy is on my son's friend list but I can tell you that he has someone at level 50. The guy played with us a few days ago when he was at 44. And then yesterday afternoon when we were on my son's account playing we saw the guy online at 50. What's his Gamertag?

Edit: Never mind, this guy did it in the very first day the game was released.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Thanks but Twitter Whores must have camped out and destroyed that code the split second he posted it. It's done.[/QUOTE]

Heh - I was asleep but happened to check my phone 24 minutes after he posted the codes. I hopped up, fired up the Xbox, and entered the code - redeemed already of course. The one in the evening will be gone even faster and I'm sure will happen while I'm out again like the last evening one. They have got to put these out in 5000-10000 batches or most people don't have a chance. And I have a feeling it is the same people redeeming the codes each time so that some people will have 12-15 keys and the rest of us 2 ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='elessar123']Haven't had trouble with badass constructors, cause you can run about 85° from their eye, and they can't really hit you. Just run backwards when it jumps, and you're in the perfect position to get crits and to easily kill what they construct. If it fires missiles, run around, cause they always fire upwards first for me. The lasers also won't ever fire, cause it can't hit you.[/QUOTE]

A single Constructor isn't much of an issue, but this one was supported by a fleet of Badass Surveyors spam healing on top of a normal Constructor behind it which was spawning/supported by a bunch of JET Loaders. Even with my turret out the damn thing had me pinned in a container for a full minute or two while it unloaded a near endless salvo of homing missiles. Every time I'd step out it started spamming up again.

After a while I had no choice but to leave it to its own devices until I dealt with everything else. I can't imagine how I'm going to clear it with my Zer0 profile but mark my words I'm going to get it done eventually.

[quote name='io']They have got to put these out in 5000-10000 batches or most people don't have a chance. And I have a feeling it is the same people redeeming the codes each time so that some people will have 12-15 keys and the rest of us 2 ;).[/QUOTE]

I'm starting to wonder myself. Now that word has got out most of us won't have a ghost of a chance. I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few have already worked out a way to exploit the system.

Oh, and Daz - I was 30 - 31 when I started and ended at 32. Only reward aside from being one step close to 1000Ging this game was a mediocre blue Sniper. I did score an 1300+ DMG AR from the weapon chest outside though. For the life of me I can't understand why there are so little inventory slots in this game. Character inventory is understandable but the safe should hold a hell of a lot more.

This is from the official forums:

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=155437

Someone recently posted on reddit that he spun the slot machines like 2500 times and wrote down the results.

see full data here:
Borderlands 2: Moxxi Slot Machines Odds Probabilities Statistics

Some analysis I made:
Roughly 1/10 times you're gonna blow yourself up (3 Psychos)
More than 3/4 of the times you win something
The most common price is a white weapon
chance of winning the jackpot (3 vault icons - you get a legendary orange weapon) is less then 1 in 1,000
More than 1/10 times you get a uncommon weapon which can be useful
You have like a 3% chance to get Eridium (usually 4x Eridium, very low chance to get 8 and even lower chance to get 12)

I didn't do any specific analysis but I have spent most of the day at the slots. I've put in a bit over 1mil (maybe 1.2mil something like that) at I think 263 a spin. I had a lvl 16 siren and a lvl 1 assassin - the assassin was pulling. I also spent some of last night doing it with my nephew - both of us leveled at mid-teens and we spent around 200k.

I've gotten around 15-20 eridium jackpots (three bar eridium symbol). I even got two in a row last night (followed by a single bar win also - 28 eridium in just a few seconds!) I have gotten one bl icon jackpot - got an orange pistol. I have yet to get a bell (money) jackpot. Today - Marcus heads were less common than eridium jackpots for me.

so if I say a total of 1.5mil was spent that's putting me at nearly 1 in 6k odds at getting bl jackpot (orange weapon) - very rough estimate.

[quote name='koalak']This is from the official forums:

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=155437[/QUOTE]

I hit the eridium jackpot last night (which completes the challenge along with getting 3 vault symbols which I have not gotten). The eridium shoots out the front and piles up on the ground - pretty cool.

And those grenade things are psychos? I thought they were dogs wearing goggles ;).

I've hit the eridium jackpot 3 times now. The only one I haven't hit is the vault jackpot. Glad to know it gives s orange gun, I was wondering what the reward was from that. I've hit the triple moxie legs a few times and have received blues from that.

io, yep they're psychos

[quote name='Brother Daz']I've hit the eridium jackpot 3 times now. The only one I haven't hit is the vault jackpot. Glad to know it gives s orange gun, I was wondering what the reward was from that. I've hit the triple moxie legs a few times and have received blues from that.

io, yep they're psychos[/QUOTE]

I will continue to view them as dogs with goggles. I just thought dog = bad thing, thus grenades makes sense ;).

Yeah, the legs have given me the highest level stuff. But I have gotten valuable green guns from the slots several times just off the lower-level rewards. I mean things that I can sell for $1000-$2000 which is way better than nearly everything I've found in chests and from enemies (which are usually $200-$500 tops) - even the blues/purples and one orange I have (which is only worth $500).

So, I have to run to a preschool dinner picnic thing in about 10 minutes. Expect the "evening" code as soon as I leave :roll:. Shoudln't it already be evening Central time?

I've been playing some 4p coop on ps3 and it's incredibly laggy. Is this typical and is it like this on other platforms? I've also got 360.

The president of Gearbox software, Randy Pitchford is holding a giveaway for 50k-100k golden keys!!!

They will be posted on his twitter account:
http://twitter.com/DuvalMagic

any moment now (between 9:00pm and 10pm CST/7-8 PST)

"Working on 50k - 100k redemptions + no limit redemptions in a set time period (ie - 1 hour). 1 redemption per acc't per code."

SO MAKE SURE TO CHECK THE TWITTER ACCOUNT TONIGHT AND USE THE GOLDEN KEY! IT probably won't last for long

For more info on golden keys, see wiki:
Borderlands 2: Golden Key

Wow. I was literally typing in the Xbox code for the 1,000k the split second he posted them and they were gone when I hit submit. Ridiculous.

wowsa - I was sitting in front of my xbox waiting for the code to drop - put it in within 30 seconds of the tweet hitting and didn't get in...

Yeah - I think they are realizing the 1k limit is a bit silly - just waaayy too darn small a limit.

I had even busted out my chatpad - figured it might give me an "edge" !

My son did the same - he was home all evening waiting and by the time he typed it in, gone... It looks like they will be going to 100K codes or any amount within 1 hour. That will be WAY better than this 1000 code fiasco.

Put me down as another fool with controller in-hand, waiting on the redemption screen on 360. What a complete waste of time. It's like they learned nothing from the loot chest.

I waited with my console/gamepad in hand, Twitter constantly refreshing by the minute...

... aaand I got in on it. Got a couple of sweet rifles with one key, decent shield with another. All purple stuff. Saved 3 keys for future use (counting the one from a previous redemption).

This might be far fetched but would anyone pay MS Points for Gold Keys? I honestly feel like they could make a killing if they put it on the MS Store. 5 keys for 80 points ( $1.00 ).

Thoughts?

I feel like I would rather pay 80 points and get my keys immediately instead of waiting and waiting for Pitchford to post more codes, usually always too late to redeem them as well :/

bread's done
Back