Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

"Original characters will be NPCs"... Do they mean that NPCs from the original like Tannis and Moxxi will appear again, or that Brick/Roland/Mordecai/Lilith will not be playable this time?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']"Original characters will be NPCs"... Do they mean that NPCs from the original like Tannis and Moxxi will appear again, or that Brick/Roland/Mordecai/Lilith will not be playable this time?[/QUOTE]

sounds like Brick/Roland/Mord/Lilith will not be playable characters but NPC's. that said...I'm pleased to finally gotten 25 oil cans w/out having to leave my xbox on for several hours. the patch increases the drop rates of those elusive achievement items.

Since I don't play online, this will be a $20 purchase like the first one was with all the DLC on disk. I'll be busy playing Skyrim for the next two years anyway.....

If you wait for Borderlands 2 to drop to $20 w/DLC you might have to wait 4 or 5 years.

lil guy looks like Wolverine w/guns and no mask.

[quote name='KingBroly']I really hope there's more than 1 character.[/QUOTE]
Any reason to think there wouldn't be?? Having the different classes to play was a pretty fundamental part of the first game, I can't imagine that would change.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...-gun-peddlers-of-pandora.aspx?PostPageIndex=1

dd8cI.jpg

aed1p.jpg

hmmm...that's promising, the borderlands wiki breaks down guns visually by muzzle, stock, barrel, sights, etc. If that's the case these images almost tell you that the customization and variety of weapons can be modified down to this level as well and not just randomly generated by the lewt daemon.

nice 1.

[quote name='100xp']If you wait for Borderlands 2 to drop to $20 w/DLC you might have to wait 4 or 5 years.

lil guy looks like Wolverine w/guns and no mask.[/QUOTE]

Doubt it'd be that long. How long was it till the bundled edition of Borderlands came out? Two years I think. I can wait, I'm not that excited over Borderlands 2, so the wait won't kill me.

Most games anymore, I'll be waiting on buying till they either come out with a GoTY edit, or some kind of bundled edition. Just a lot cheaper, and most of the games out/coming out I'm not terribly excited over. Skyrim I've got pre-ordered, and the last game I had pre-ordered before that was Fallout:NV.

And like I said, I don't play co-op/online, so I'm not missing out on anything by waiting.

@praxus07 - considering there is no official release date and ppl are generally saying Borderlands 2 could release sometime in 2013...4-5 years from now for a $20 price drop could very well be around the time it happens.

I understand where you're coming from though, there's plenty of games that I want to play but don't need to play day one. Especially after seeing how the price game is lately I wait for a lot of games to drop in price as well. I still haven't bought Starcraft 2 WoL...but I will when I'm finally done playing Diablo 3.

[quote name='Survivalism']A rare day-one for me, I just hope the ending isn't as ludicrously unsatisfying as the first one.[/QUOTE]

...someone said it right before, Borderlands is about the journey not the destination. I'm not crazy about a lot of great games I've beaten, but I enjoyed the heck out of the gameplay up to that point.

also looking at the teaser video, it looks like there are "characters" with a story vs. a character you can create. i.e. there doesn't seem like there will be an option to choose fe/male etc.

According a Gearbox dev on their forums, the new Siren's name is Maya and she will have a different special ability than Lilith's phasewalking.

http://www.gameinformer.com/p/borderlands.aspx

Some good info about the game and interviews with Gearbox. The Gunzerker didn't sound too appealing to me at first but they revealed a couple of his skills and he sounds more appealing now.

Divergent Likeness - If you’re dual-wielding two weapons of the same type, you’ll deal bonus damage. Dual-wield weapons of differing types, and your accuracy goes up.

Down, Not Out - In the first Borderlands, no action ability was able to be used when you were on the brink of death. If you have this bonus activated in Salvador’s skill tree, however, he can dual-wield in his final moments.

Overheat - No matter what gun you’re using, its rate of fire will continue to increase as long as you hold down the trigger.

Down, Not Out sounds fantastic! I hope they have something like that for each of the classes! There were so many times that I was downed and the Action Skill would've been a huge help to me.

Overheat sounds awesome in close quarters, I'd imagine the recoil and accuracy goes out the door once your finger melts and fuses to the trigger.

[quote name='100xp']niice. those pipe bomb grenades or pineapples, whatever he was throwing looked promising as well.[/QUOTE]
He's throwing the gun itself. You get a more powerful explosion based on how much ammo is still in the clip. Then you get a magical New-U copy of the same gun back. That's only for Tediore guns though.

I was thinking about the other classes today and I had a crazy thought for the Bruiser. Wouldn't it be awesome if the Bruiser class was a dude in a wheelchair, that when he used his power his wheelchair turned into a mini tank that could severely damage by running into things? Any climbing he'd have to do in game could be covered by him looking all jacked up on 'roids on the upper half of his body, like in the last game.

We get psycho crazy midgets, why not super strong/buff-tank-morphing paraplegics? I'm all for this, as you can tell. It'll never happen though.

I think the problem with the wheelchair vault hunter for normal play would be, getting into and out of vehicles, not enough wheelchair accessable areas...and platforming would just be impossible. a wheelchair boss on the other hand is totally something that could be in the sequal.

Regular cars are wheelchair accessible. The guy just hops out. Find away to attach it and you're golden. And platforming could be answered by ollie-ing in the chair. Quit killing dreams!

I like how Maya is Lilith with toothpaste hair. Haha.

I wonder if we'll get a sharpshooter class again. I first played as Lilith on the 360 and that was fun, but when I started it on the PC (and ultimately beat it and all the amazing DLC), I was Mordecai and I had a more exciting time playing as Mordecai as opposed to Lilith.

I think the thing I like the most so far is the diversity of the guns. Everything in Borderlands just appeared to look the same with a color swap. The game is also looking pretty sexy, too.

when you mean more roleplaying in borderlands 2, do you mean speaking w/npcs and making choices that actually affect the outcome of the game?

otherwise, the pure entertainment factor that is borderlands will suffice...if I really wanted deep rpg elements I'll play a bioware game. (of course is borderlands 2 actually has some more rpg elements I probably won't notice over the sound of explosions and gunfire)

[quote name='100xp']when you mean more roleplaying in borderlands 2, do you mean speaking w/npcs and making choices that actually affect the outcome of the game?[/QUOTE]
That would certainly be a good start, yeah. I'm not necessarily saying that Borderlands should have these things; I just think it's silly to refer to it as an RPG when it doesn't have the key elements of one.

I dunno, Borderlands would lose some flair if you could talk to NPCs and make decisions a la Mass Effect and Dragon Age.

You get experience for killing stuff and turning in quests. That's pretty much the basis for most western RPGs.

I think Gearbox already struck the perfect balance in Borderlands 1. I wouldn't want any additional emphasis on RPG elements taking away from the fast pace or co-op friendliness of the game.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I think Gearbox already struck the perfect balance in Borderlands 1. I wouldn't want any additional emphasis on RPG elements taking away from the fast pace or co-op friendliness of the game.[/QUOTE]

i'm in the same boat.

the entertainment value of borderlands and replayability was just prime. from all the videos released so far, it really does look like an awesome sequal with only the things we loved about it amplified with added perks. the only thing I could possibly want more of for it would be additional classes just so I have more reasons to play again.

in other news: the dual wielding special ability reminds me of Hellgate London's hunter or marksman, I forget which one it's been forever. their special was pulling out 2 smg's and just lighting up the entire screen for massive damage. gunzerker of course lasts much longer and the variety of wpns is broader. crap...hellgate london was an awesome game.

bread's done
Back