Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

[quote name='advanced']Did you make that yourself? That's pretty bad ass![/QUOTE]

Yep, my first one. Had to go with a Borderlands theme.

Ordered from Amazon. I want to get a pre order going in store at a Gamestop for the Loot Chest, so I can have the option of a midnight release.

[quote name='100xp']man...a loot chest cooler would rock.[/QUOTE]

How cool would it be to buy a cooler, make it look like a loot chest, and on the inside of the lid have a rack that holds 3 custom Nerf pistols made to look like Borderlands guns.

I think I just found a new summer project. :bouncy:

[quote name='blindinglights']How cool would it be to buy a cooler, make it look like a loot chest, and on the inside of the lid have a rack that holds 3 custom Nerf pistols made to look like Borderlands guns.

I think I just found a new summer project. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

no need for guns, the place where grenades are usually kept will be extra cans of whatever, the other side will have your cutting board for limes, oranges, what have you.

Skin unlocks for having a Borderlands 1 save file

BL2_VaultVeteranRewards.jpg

Patricia Tannis was one of my favorite characters from the original, so I'm pretty happy. :)

errr....I really don't know how i feel about all the heads and skin unlocks, but at least I'm happy 2Kgames unlike Capcom is telling you upfront what it does. Patricia's head is great, just not the mcdonald's color scheme so much. I like Sledge. only because at least the gunzerker's pants aren't also red and yellow.

I will take that Patricia Tannis, thank you very much. Good thing you'll probably be able to edit colors much like you could in Borderlands.

I can't wait for this game. I just got into the first one after getting it for $10 at Best Buy when I preordered. I can't stop playing the first game. I have no idea why it took me this long to play it.

[quote name='schuerm26']I can't wait for this game. I just got into the first one after getting it for $10 at Best Buy when I preordered. I can't stop playing the first game. I have no idea why it took me this long to play it.[/QUOTE]

When you play the Secret Armory download, specifically "Super Market Sweep" can you add me to play with you? I fell through the glitch in the floor and can't complete it unless I join a another game where it hasn't been completed yet. I would really appreciate it since this is the only thing holding me back from finishing the rest of the missions following it. My gamertag is "BrassyLobster."

[quote name='GhostShark']I will take that Patricia Tannis, thank you very much. Good thing you'll probably be able to edit colors much like you could in Borderlands.[/QUOTE]

ah, good catch.

[quote name='Bezerker']2 more months...[/QUOTE]

This wait sucks. I wish they could have released it at the beginning of July. So much wasted time with no brand new, must-have, AAA games to play!

Borderlands 2 Badass system has infinite levels of progression

Gearbox Software has unveiled Borderlands 2's Badass system, its character-wide progression system with an infinite number of levels.
As you play Borderlands 2 you level up your Badass rank, which is linked to your profile but provides statistical bonuses to all your characters - new and old.
Each time you use a token gained through Badass, the game randomly picks a set of statistics. Then, you decide which statistic to increase. It's all powered by a secret algorithm the developer is keeping close to its chest,
Gearbox chief Randy Picthford, who expects to see long-term players with Badass levels in the thousands, told Eurogamer he believes the system is the first of its kind.
"I don't know of any examples," he said. "There are a couple of games that have done profile levelling. Even Call of Duty multiplayer, your growth is profile related, not character related, but they don't have character choices. You're not growing characters.
"And I haven't seen one that's comfortable with infini-growth. Everything puts a cap onto it."
Using data based on how Borderlands 1 players played the game some two-and-a-half years after launch, Gearbox is able to extrapolate how players will play the sequel two-and-a-half years after it launches, and use mathematical models to predict how the Badass system will evolve.
It's all part of Gearbox's effort to create a hobby with Borderlands 2, something players continue to play for years.
"Borderlands was a weird thing in the sense that, a lot of games are designed to be a story you consume and then you're done," Pitchford said. "Whereas Borderlands was this thing that launched and then both in sales and in playtime it kept accelerating, instead of just launching big and then dropping off."
Borderlands 2's expected enduring popularity should enable Gearbox to make a "really big investment" in downloadable content, much in the same way it did with Borderlands 1.
There's also the issue of value, Pitchford added. He hopes that by creating a game that, technically, will last players forever, they will feel they're getting value for money.
"They got to take a risk. They've got to spend some money. They've got to buy a game. And I want them to feel like, man, the value I'm getting out of this, it's not only worth the $60 or whatever, I'm getting more value out of this than the last $500 I spent on other video games. We want that goodwill.
"So we're thinking about it like a hobby and not like just a consumable, get it done and get ready to buy your next game."

Playing Borderlands forever sounds awesome to me. Hopefully the gun engine has much more variety this time around -- Borderlands had a lot, but I managed to play long enough that all of the decent guns were the same old.

wow, Badass system sounds awesome.

the hard question is now if i get it for PC or Xbox...after seeing the graphics on PC, it's a tough sell to get it for console. esp w/the toolkit and the modded community.

[quote name='100xp']the hard question is now if i get it for PC or Xbox...after seeing the graphics on PC, it's a tough sell to get it for console. esp w/the toolkit and the modded community.[/QUOTE]
All the cool kids are going to be playing it on Xbox.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']All the cool kids are going to be playing it on Xbox.[/QUOTE]

but the day that someone pc mods the gunzerker w/wolverine's skin/head and maya to look like Oliva Wilde in Tron...you won't need to be a cool kid.

[quote name='100xp']but the day that someone pc mods the gunzerker w/wolverine's skin/head and maya to look like Oliva Wilde in Tron...you won't need to be a cool kid.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='100xp']maya to look like Oliva Wilde in Tron...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='100xp']Oliva Wilde in Tron[/QUOTE]

Huh? What were we talking about? I got distracted there for a minute.

or better...reskin Maya to look like Liara just for you.

(snake eyes - zero would look pretty spanky too, holy crap we can play as Kai Leng if someone reskins him as well...ME3 MP SQUAD!)

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Destructoid preview. Lilith and Roland are shown, and apparently Tiny Tina is voiced by Ashley Burch from Hey Ash Watcha Playin'. :lol: (And her brother Anthony from the show is also the game's writer of course.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-uNTUn27uY[/QUOTE]
Awesome. Been playing Borderlands 1 again lately. Still love it. Cannot wait for this.

Has anyone been able to find the Claptrap figure at Toys R US?

I pre-ordered it back in 2010 but after a year and a half of delays the order got canceled and now im SOL unless i wanna spend $30+

[quote name='Bezerker']Has anyone been able to find the Claptrap figure at Toys R US?

I pre-ordered it back in 2010 but after a year and a half of delays the order got canceled and now im SOL unless i wanna spend $30+[/QUOTE]

I saw it a week or two ago at my local TRU, as well as the Psycho Bandit figure. I didn't have a chance to pick one up at the time (the Claptrap I mean), so I'm hoping it will still be there when I have to time to check again this weekend.

I can't wait for this game, and I need to finish the Moxxi DLC for borderlands one, if anyone wants to help (hopefully someone with a low level) message me on 360, GT is the same as username here.

Just pre-ordered the Deluxe last night, from Amazon since I had a gift card and I'm a big Borderlands fan. Ahhhhh yeaaah!

I will have a Marcus bobblehead next to my Vault Boy bobblehead at work. ^^

I'm in desperate need of a co-op partner for the first Borderlands. I started it a long time ago, but never got around to finish it because nobody on my friend's list plays it.

360 and I'm really not that far, just a couple of hours in. Maybe level 5, if that. I was planning on playing it in co-op, but just wanted to test it out and get a feel for the game to see if I liked it. I ended up loving what I played, but nobody ever wanted to play with me. Sad story, I know.

I played a lot of Borderlands 1, but never the DLC. Since I'm still yet to do a PT with the soldier, I ordered the GOTY edition (it's significantly cheaper than actually buying all the DLC). For those who played all of them, in which order should I play the DLC? When should I play them?

[quote name='matto1233']I played a lot of Borderlands 1, but never the DLC. Since I'm still yet to do a PT with the soldier, I ordered the GOTY edition (it's significantly cheaper than actually buying all the DLC). For those who played all of them, in which order should I play the DLC? When should I play them?[/QUOTE]

We played them in order. We beat the main game, then played zombies (which was unfortunately too easy, due to being too high leveled). Played Knoxx and farmed it for awhile, then played the last one, which was too easy as well being too high leveled.

bread's done
Back