Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

Solo method to kill Master Gee that I used (not sure if they have fixed this or not):

1. Go into Master Gee's lair, run right up to him and shoot him.

2. Turn to your left and run while veering left and following the wall until you get back to the edge of the cave entrance. If you are a commando or ninja, throw out your turret/decoy (if not keep following the directions, it's just those action skills make sure he stays at the spot where you want him to be) and quickly go and hide behind the rock that is right inside the entrance (on the left side if you were coming into the area).

3. Now you should be hiding behind the rock and Master Gee is right at the entrance to his lair, offset to the left. He will kneel there and not move. He shouldn't be able to shoot you in this spot and you will have to pop up to shoot anything.

4. Wait until a worm pops up RIGHT NEXT TO HIM. Kill that worm, the sound will happen to let you know he absorbed the damage from that acid spout. If you kill a worm that isn't close to him and he doesn't absorb it will damage you even behind the rock.

5. Repeat a few times, but not too many because you don't want to kill yourself by making an acid spout too far away from him.

6. Wait forever to his shield and health to drain.

7. Pray the game doesn't freeze when he dies (not sure if this happens on Xbox but I know it does on PS3).

8. If you do have the problem where the game freezes and you have to do it all over again, make sure to watch for the mission completed check mark to pop up in the middle of the screen once he dies and as soon as you see the check, Start -> Save/Quit -> Reload. You wont get any loot, but at least the mission will be completed.

[quote name='blindinglights']Solo method to kill Master Gee that I used (not sure if they have fixed this or not):

1. Go into Master Gee's lair, run right up to him and shoot him.

2. Turn to your left and run while veering left and following the wall until you get back to the edge of the cave entrance. If you are a commando or ninja, throw out your turret/decoy (if not keep following the directions, it's just those action skills make sure he stays at the spot where you want him to be) and quickly go and hide behind the rock that is right inside the entrance (on the left side if you were coming into the area).

3. Now you should be hiding behind the rock and Master Gee is right at the entrance to his lair, offset to the left. He will kneel there and not move. He shouldn't be able to shoot you in this spot and you will have to pop up to shoot anything.

4. Wait until a worm pops up RIGHT NEXT TO HIM. Kill that worm, the sound will happen to let you know he absorbed the damage from that acid spout. If you kill a worm that isn't close to him and he doesn't absorb it will damage you even behind the rock.

5. Repeat a few times, but not too many because you don't want to kill yourself by making an acid spout too far away from him.

6. Wait forever to his shield and health to drain.

7. Pray the game doesn't freeze when he dies (not sure if this happens on Xbox but I know it does on PS3).

8. If you do have the problem where the game freezes and you have to do it all over again, make sure to watch for the mission completed check mark to pop up in the middle of the screen once he dies and as soon as you see the check, Start -> Save/Quit -> Reload. You wont get any loot, but at least the mission will be completed.
[/QUOTE]

Or you could just...

Shoot him > Kill worm > Have him walk over the worm > Hide behind the rock > Watch TV for an hour > Turn in mission.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95KAhx0Omg8

[quote name='admiralvic']Or you could just...

Shoot him > Kill worm > Have him walk over the worm > Hide behind the rock > Watch TV for an hour > Turn in mission.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95KAhx0Omg8[/QUOTE]

That person is using a bee shield to quickly kill the worms, I haven't played in a while, but I was under the impression the shield was nerfed by now.

[quote name='blindinglights']That person is using a bee shield to quickly kill the worms, I haven't played in a while, but I was under the impression the shield was nerfed by now.[/QUOTE]

A) The Bee shield was / is nerfed (though I was under the impression that everything amp related was nerfed), but it can still be used to kill things... it's just not as fast.
B) That is hardly / not the point of the video, since it was only used to kill the worms faster.
C) Gee will die from being poisoned once, so there is NO POINT in killing extra worms or looking at the screen (as mentioned in your method) as he will die regardless. I mostly posted this since it is a lot less work and allows people to do more than wait for a few worms and attack them.
D) While not important to the method, I made this video the day after Scarlett came out and thus predates The Bee nerf. According to the latest patch all the Gee problems were fixed and things like him dying to poison were not.

[quote name='GUNNM']I still do a lot of dmg with CC + bee shield dunno what was nerfed[/QUOTE]

Amp damage used to be amped for every pallet in a shotgun, where as it is divided between all the pallets now. (From my understanding) So The Bee is still works, but faster guns work better with it than things like shotguns.

Ah ok

Also tier 3 of that racing challenge is pretty hard its fun. My bumper was on the checkmark and time expired T__T

5 Golden keys code from gearbox's website:

Xbox 360 Borderlands 2 SHiFT Code: WBWJ3-JHKSK-ZHXT6-CRTJT-BW59W

No mention of number of redemptions available or length of time active so hurry. Just used it myself so its still good as of 11:20 EST.

Sorta kinda caught up. Finished both dlc main story parts but haven't completed many of the side quests. Think I'll be saving those for lvl cap whenever that may be. I still use bee/some smg or fast pistol and do decent damage.

[quote name='bordjon']Sorta kinda caught up. Finished both dlc main story parts but haven't completed many of the side quests. Think I'll be saving those for lvl cap whenever that may be. I still use bee/some smg or fast pistol and do decent damage.[/QUOTE]

*cough*sandhawk*cough*

[quote name='elessar123']*cough*sandhawk*cough*[/QUOTE]

I do have this - I just looked it up and recognized the red txt because I had to explain it to my nephew. Though I don't think I've used it yet. Regarding the bee and this gun, does it do full damage per bullet or does it spread the damage for each projectile like the shotguns?

*edit* ok just looked it up further - wow sounds nice - will definitely be trying this out next time I'm on!

[quote name='bordjon']I do have this - I just looked it up and recognized the red txt because I had to explain it to my nephew. Though I don't think I've used it yet. Regarding the bee and this gun, does it do full damage per bullet or does it spread the damage for each projectile like the shotguns?

*edit* ok just looked it up further - wow sounds nice - will definitely be trying this out next time I'm on![/QUOTE]

Pretty much any gun that does multi-projectiles without saying x# in the description will do full amp damage. Sandhawk is one of the better ones in this category, and easy to get.

[quote name='jdawgg76']5 Golden keys code from gearbox's website:

Xbox 360 Borderlands 2 SHiFT Code: WBWJ3-JHKSK-ZHXT6-CRTJT-BW59W

No mention of number of redemptions available or length of time active so hurry. Just used it myself so its still good as of 11:20 EST.[/QUOTE]

Stlll working as of 1:25 am EST.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Stlll working as of 1:25 am EST.[/QUOTE]

worked for me at 7:11 AM EST.

That makes over 20 keys for me and I havent even started the game yet...

This is an interesting promo.

Borderlands 2 Gear Up Weekend

Gear up for the release of Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt -- the third campaign add-on for Borderlands 2, arriving January 15 -- with special in-game events this weekend!

The festivities begin today, January 11, with Vault Hunters reporting that various areas of Pandora have seen an influx of powerful shotguns. To join in the fun, simply boot up Borderlands 2 while connected to the internet before the supply runs dry -- based on current conditions, expect the excess to be exhausted at 10:55AM CST / 4:55PM GMT on Saturday, January 12

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/985/borderlands-2-gear-up-weekend

I am not a huge shotgun guy but I will go check out a few areas to see if I can find anything.

Huh. Seems weird to me that they have the ability to change weapon drops like this in real time, without a title update or anything, and they haven't done any events with it until now.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Dumb question I know but, where do we look and how will we even know?[/QUOTE]

I just went through Three Horns Divide, The Highlands, and Wildlife Exploitation Preserve and did not notice anything out of the ordinary. I might wait a few hours and check some boards to see if people have figured it out or not.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Huh. Seems weird to me that they have the ability to change weapon drops like this in real time, without a title update or anything, and they haven't done any events with it until now.[/QUOTE]

I do know they feed some info automatically when you connect the game but it is weird they can change gun drops on the fly. Especially considering how much people have complained about legendary drops it seems like they could fix that a little if they wanted but they choose to be stingy still.

[quote name='cancerman1120']This is an interesting promo.

Borderlands 2 Gear Up Weekend

Gear up for the release of Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt -- the third campaign add-on for Borderlands 2, arriving January 15 -- with special in-game events this weekend!

The festivities begin today, January 11, with Vault Hunters reporting that various areas of Pandora have seen an influx of powerful shotguns. To join in the fun, simply boot up Borderlands 2 while connected to the internet before the supply runs dry -- based on current conditions, expect the excess to be exhausted at 10:55AM CST / 4:55PM GMT on Saturday, January 12

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/985/borderlands-2-gear-up-weekend

I am not a huge shotgun guy but I will go check out a few areas to see if I can find anything.[/QUOTE] Is the lost badass rank/items glitch finally fixed yet? If so, I may mix in some of this with gears 4XP and Max Payne 3 3XP.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Huh. Seems weird to me that they have the ability to change weapon drops like this in real time, without a title update or anything, and they haven't done any events with it until now.[/QUOTE] my thoughts exactly. Maybe they waited for active players numbers to drop first?

That makes over 20 keys for me and I havent even started the game yet...

Ditto, except I have 60!

I did a few warrior runs with my nephew a couple hours ago. Definitely more shotty drops but not that great really. Tons of green ones, a few blue and a few purple.

Question: I don't have any of the DLC right now, and I can only get one of the two until I get some more points.

Pirates Booty DLC
Torgues Campaign of Carnage

Which one?

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Dumb question I know but, where do we look and how will we even know?[/QUOTE]

Just noticed this over at twitter.com/echocasts:

[quote name='Sir Hammerlock']

A quick note -- by "certain areas," I meant "literally anywhere." Shotguns will drop more often throughout the whole of Pandora!

That said, you must get your ill-gotten gains through violence. Neither chests nor vending machines shall yield better fruits.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='krashhole']Question: I don't have any of the DLC right now, and I can only get one of the two until I get some more points.

Pirates Booty DLC
Torgues Campaign of Carnage

Which one?[/QUOTE]

Save for the season pass to get both plus two more?

But, as for those two, I liked Torgue's better. It is funny as hell, and adds a nice variety of enemies. It is a little easier, and shorter, if that matters. Additionally, Torgue's has the seraph crystal vendor and torgue machines (Pirate's only has the seraph vendor) and the seraph vendor in Torgue's has a larger list of items/item types for sale. The raid boss for Torgue's (the raid bosses are who you can get seraph crystals from) is a lot easier to kill than the two in the Pirate DLC.

That said, Pirate's is very good, and has better quest rewards.

[quote name='krashhole']Question: I don't have any of the DLC right now, and I can only get one of the two until I get some more points....Which one?[/QUOTE]

Can't comment on the story DLC, but will wholeheartedly recommend the Mechromancer Pack if you don't happen to have it. On sale for 400 msp now.

[quote name='One From Zero']Just noticed this over at twitter.com/echocasts:[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Started second play through and it's not so bad. I did opt to not do any of the side missions though. Stupid on my part as I hit 41 after firehawk. I do need two more side missions for the achievement how ever.

[quote name='bordjon']I did a few warrior runs with my nephew a couple hours ago. Definitely more shotty drops but not that great really. Tons of green ones, a few blue and a few purple.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, found tons of green ones, all crap.

The last day of the Borderlands 2 Gear Up event brings a dangerous foe (and legendary item) for seasoned Vault Hunters!

Pandora grows more dangerous (but also more rewarding) for those adventuring online alongside two or more players in True Vault Hunter Mode* -- should the varkids infesting Tundra Express, Caustic Caverns or Natural Selection Annex survive long enough to enter the pod state multiple times, they stand a far greater chance of morphing into the fearsome Vermivorous the Invincible. However, those that emerge victorious in their struggles against Vermivorous the Invincible also face greater rewards as the legendary Norfleet weapon is far more likely to appear upon his defeat.

This chance to hunt one of Pandora's most elusive beasts ends at 10:55AM CST / 4:55PM GMT on Tuesday, January 15 -- giving you just enough time to steady your nerves before setting off to tackle the new adventures and creatures contained within the Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt campaign add-on!

Anybody want to go Varkid hunting later on today?

i stopped playing borderlands like 2 months ago after reaching level 50 with 3 characters...

im thinking of going back after th level cap is raised, so every sidequest reward is scaled to level 60 or so.

i feel like im missing out on so much of the game and dlcs... i might go back in the next few days.

Can anyone here confirm that the Mechromancer DLC works on multiple consoles like any other DLC (playable for all profiles on the console that purchased it, plus any console with the profile that purchased it while online)?

For a week I've been researching this and can only find people that have had issues with it. Not sure if I should buy this on my secondary or primary console. I would appreciate anyone that can test this for me. Thanks.

Apparently the DLC is available, but there's a new Compatibility Pack which is erroring out when you try to download it. So you can get the new DLC, but not play it online. I'm just going to wait until they resolve this.

Also, costume pack DLC coming Jan. 22.

What's up with the majority of Maya skins/heads looking like absolute shit? This applies mostly to her heads, as there are some really legit looking skins, but the lot of them are horrible.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Apparently the DLC is available, but there's a new Compatibility Pack which is erroring out when you try to download it. So you can get the new DLC, but not play it online. I'm just going to wait until they resolve this.

Also, costume pack DLC coming Jan. 22.[/QUOTE]

Ahh that would explain why they're expanding their event to Thursday.
Gear up for Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt -- the third campaign add-on for Borderlands 2, arriving January 15 -- with special in-game events each day leading up to (and now, through) its release!

The final day of festivities is upon us, as Pandora grows more dangerous (but also more rewarding) for those adventuring online with two or more players in True Vault Hunter Mode* -- should the varkids infesting Tundra Express, Caustic Caverns or Natural Selection Annex survive long enough to enter the pod state multiple times, they stand a far greater chance of morphing into the fearsome Vermivorous the Invincible. However, those that emerge victorious in their struggles against Vermivorous the Invincible also face greater rewards as the legendary Norfleet weapon is far more likely to appear upon his defeat.

This chance to easily hunt one of Pandora's most elusive beasts has now been extended until 10:55AM CST / 4:55PM GMT on Thursday, January 17 (What time is that for me?) -- be sure to make use of the extra time!

bread's done
Back