Borderlands 2 - Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep - 6/25 - 800 pts.

I wonder if the gamestop bonus dlc is included in the seasson pass or not, either way I am very excited to finally be getting close to being able to play the sequel to my favorite game of last year. I think I am going to go with the gunzerker since I went with the bezerker last time.

[quote name='icp_00_111']I wonder if the gamestop bonus dlc is included in the seasson pass or not[/QUOTE]

It isn't. Neither the Dome or the Mechromancer class are included in the season pass. The phrasing used was that the season pass will be 4 pieces of campaign DLC. (last I heard, Gearbox is considering at least one more additional class which also would not be included in the season pass)

For some reason the season pass announcement has put a big fat wet blanket on my need to pre-order for the free class. Or rather, I'm thinking about the inevitable $45 price-tag which will pop-up within one month of release. (or as a pre-order deal at some non-goodie getting retailer...already has at NewEgg really)

I still want the game and the major bits of DLC but I'm just wondering if I can shave $15 or so off of the initial investment by not buying into the premiere club and then apply that savings to the Mechromancer + season pass.

When are they going to put the skill trees up? I enjoyed planning out my character before the first game came out.

[quote name='Trakan']When are they going to put the skill trees up? I enjoyed planning out my character before the first game came out.[/QUOTE]

I think most of the skills are already listed here:
Borderlands 2 SKills

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']It isn't. Neither the Dome or the Mechromancer class are included in the season pass. The phrasing used was that the season pass will be 4 pieces of campaign DLC. (last I heard, Gearbox is considering at least one more additional class which also would not be included in the season pass)

For some reason the season pass announcement has put a big fat wet blanket on my need to pre-order for the free class. Or rather, I'm thinking about the inevitable $45 price-tag which will pop-up within one month of release. (or as a pre-order deal at some non-goodie getting retailer...already has at NewEgg really)

I still want the game and the major bits of DLC but I'm just wondering if I can shave $15 or so off of the initial investment by not buying into the premiere club and then apply that savings to the Mechromancer + season pass.[/QUOTE]

Is the Dome up for release later without needed a GS preorder? I'd like to get it, but not enough to go back to shopping at GS.

[quote name='advanced']Is the Dome up for release later without needed a GS preorder? I'd like to get it, but not enough to go back to shopping at GS.[/QUOTE]

That's their intention according to Randy. (my guess would be like $5 and probably released along side either a patch, another piece of paid DLC, or both in order to offset content push/cert costs)

Also, I've changed my mind about the dumb premiere club baubles: Borderlands 2 and Torchlight II are my very most anticipated games of the year so I'm just going to throw money at Gearbox and Runic and save my cheapness for another day.;)

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']That's their intention according to Randy. (my guess would be like $5 and probably released along side either a patch, another piece of paid DLC, or both in order to offset content push/cert costs)

Also, I've changed my mind about the dumb premiere club baubles: Borderlands 2 and Torchlight II are my very most anticipated games of the year so I'm just going to throw money at Gearbox and Runic and save my cheapness for another day.;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

I pre-ordered at Best Buy(had some credit to use), but I am not sure how the Mechromancer stuff is being handled. Anyone have a link or know how it is going to work?

[quote name='hufferstl']I pre-ordered at Best Buy(had some credit to use), but I am not sure how the Mechromancer stuff is being handled. Anyone have a link or know how it is going to work?[/QUOTE]

How do you mean? Like distribution and redemption of Mechromancer codes?

The retailer is supposed to send you a code on or around when they ship the game to you.

The way that 2K/Gearbox handled the Duke Nukem Forever codes was to have users enter them on the DNF website thus linking it to an account and then once the DLC was finally released that same website would then spit-out a standard product redemption code for whatever service.

Although, this time around there's both day 01 content and future content so it could just be one standard product redemption code but my guess would be that they'd still use the old DNF system in order to steer people to the website.

I'm far less worried about the 2K/Gearbox side of things than I am the retailer side in terms of actually getting codes to people. (Steam and Amazon I'm not too worried about but Best Buy and GS don't have the best track-record when the onus is on the retailer)

Fell Open Ian - My problem is that I didn't even pre-order online - I did the pre-order in-store. There wasn't a code or anything on my receipt so I wasn't sure if that would only show up once I paid off/picked up my copy. I'm usually an Amazon customer and have never had any problems. I'm probably just over-reacting, but I am wondering what their plan is.

I know this might be a silly question but are they doing anything about level balancing? I heard one issue with the first is that when your party was different levels it caused the game to not be fun....
Thanks for the heads up, I preordered today first time I've preordered in awhile

[quote name='GamerDude316']Anybody see the video during Fox's NFL pregame today? Pretty sweet.[/QUOTE]

Got a link, didn't see anything posted on youtube?

Just realized amazon doesn't have $.99 release day shipping. If I select free super saver shipping, does anyone know when I will get the game? I want it on Tuesday as I don't have to go to work on Wednesday, so I may look into one/two day shipping if I won't get the game in time.

[quote name='matto1233']Just realized amazon doesn't have $.99 release day shipping. If I select free super saver shipping, does anyone know when I will get the game? I want it on Tuesday as I don't have to go to work on Wednesday, so I may look into one/two day shipping if I won't get the game in time.[/QUOTE]

That's a super unreliable toss-up. I've had FSSS orders come in record time (2 days or so), but it could also come up to a week later. There's just no telling.

You could order from Amazon, then get it at Walmart at midnight, and return your Amazon copy if you really wanted to (with free shipping).

And yeah, it really sucks they took away $0.99 shipping but... ah well.

On a second note, I love the new skill trees. So diverse. Really looking forward to Axton, Maya and Zer0.

[quote name='Rhett']That's a super unreliable toss-up. I've had FSSS orders come in record time (2 days or so), but it could also come up to a week later. There's just no telling.

You could order from Amazon, then get it at Walmart at midnight, and return your Amazon copy if you really wanted to (with free shipping).

And yeah, it really sucks they took away $0.99 shipping but... ah well.

On a second note, I love the new skill trees. So diverse. Really looking forward to Axton, Maya and Zer0.[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks. Maybe I will just preorder at gamestop, and it's not a complete loss because I will get the arena thing.

[quote name='Ashtaar']I know this might be a silly question but are they doing anything about level balancing? I heard one issue with the first is that when your party was different levels it caused the game to not be fun....[/QUOTE]

I was curious about this too, so I tried to find out some info about it. It looks like any character at any level is eligible for any quest now. If what I read is true, you can do quests in someone else's game and it'll give you the option to skip those quests in your main game.

I really hope they put something in multiplayer to limit levels of people joining a game. I got sick of high level people joining a party of 3 level 1s every time I tried to play.

[quote name='Trakan']I was curious about this too, so I tried to find out some info about it. It looks like any character at any level is eligible for any quest now. If what I read is true, you can do quests in someone else's game and it'll give you the option to skip those quests in your main game.[/QUOTE]

I got this same info from the Giant Bomb QL. I'm pretty happy about that since I played a good long while with a couple of CAGs back in the day but was really turned off at playing that content again on my save.

Now my big question is, pick a class that I want or a class that makes me valuable to co-op since I assume many will choose Commando.

[quote name='GhostShark']Instead of a name, I would sure like to see some gameplay of the Mechromancer.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't expect anything until next month. They've been very vocal the whole time about how this DLC won't be available until after release because it wasn't developed until after the game went gold. Anything that implies that it actually could be ready before the release date would probably upset people who care about that kind of thing.

i don't like that the mech (even though the actual mech does look pretty mighty) hovers w/out legs but I'm guessing it'll save a lot of wonky animation when it's traversing terrain...clever.

I hope we can change the color of the mech, it reminds me of votooms and Shockwave a bit.

Can't wait for this.

[quote name='GUNNM']Can I change mechromancer's name to tron bonne and go around collecting zenny? ^__^[/QUOTE]

yes...yes you can.

(but probably you'll only see tron bonne in your save file, everyone else will see you xbl handle.)

[quote name='GUNNM']Can I change mechromancer's name to tron bonne and go around collecting zenny? ^__^[/QUOTE]

#Winning.

[quote name='hufferstl']Fell Open Ian - My problem is that I didn't even pre-order online - I did the pre-order in-store. There wasn't a code or anything on my receipt so I wasn't sure if that would only show up once I paid off/picked up my copy. I'm usually an Amazon customer and have never had any problems. I'm probably just over-reacting, but I am wondering what their plan is.[/QUOTE]

I did the same and I'm still a bit concerned. From what I was told, the codes will be e-mailed to the address associated with your rewards zone card.

IDK why but when I saw the GS I pre-ordered my loot chest at calling me the first thing I thought was "OMG, they're releasing it early!". Sadly it was just a call to let me know about the midnight release/soundtrack stuff/season pass stuff. I'll be going to the midnight release just for the chance to win one of those cool Claptrap shirts. The next 6 days cannot go by any slower.

Anyone have any ideas how to go about getting the pre order DLC without buying another copy when you have an Nvidia voucher for BL2???

I'm thinking about just preordering the game and then cancelling it cuz Amazon just sends you the codes, but I don't want to have to ship the game back.

[quote name='hustletron']Anyone have any ideas how to go about getting the pre order DLC without buying another copy when you have an Nvidia voucher for BL2???

I'm thinking about just preordering the game and then cancelling it cuz Amazon just sends you the codes, but I don't want to have to ship the game back.[/QUOTE]

Im not sure but you could check out the xbox code trading thread the day of release and maybe find somebody to sell you them.

[quote name='icp_00_111']Im not sure but you could check out the xbox code trading thread the day of release and maybe find somebody to sell you them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I thought about that, the Xbox boards are usually the most active so figured I'd post in here, I'm really interested in the mechromancer which is why I ask, all the other classes look like they've already been done and either way this is a day one for me as well.

[quote name='koalak']If anyone is wondering how to use the Golden Key, there is some info in the wiki:

Borderlands 2: Golden Key[/QUOTE]

Wow, interesting. Even holding onto it until you hit the level cap isn't a guarantee since DLC is liable to raise it again.

bread's done
Back