Borderlands 2

[quote name='6er']?
I have an MSI 660TI Power Edition and it doesn't even use the full capacity iof the card. What resolution are you running.? Also, If your monitor is just 60Hz, no point in not having the frames capped at 60.

I have EVERYTHING maxed out, frames capped at 60 and its super smooth.[/QUOTE]

2560x1440.

[quote name='Santurio']New key up

WinPC Borderlands 2 SHiFT code with 10k redemptions for a Golden Key: KBCJ3-KX9B6-XTBJT-TT33B-C9ZR3[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='crystalklear64']tiny tina.

i do not recall ever seeing a more annoying character in a video game.[/QUOTE]

My friends and I were the exact opposite. Really enjoyed the character and wished she was in the game more.

I added my info to the first post, but I'm way behind everyone. I just picked up the game on Sunday evening and haven't had a whole lot of time to put into it. I'm only lvl 8 at the moment. Plus, I'm a WoW player and with the MoP release today, that will cut into my BL2 time.

I'm running GTX 460 1GB w/ all settings high and PhysX on High @ 1920x1080 and the game runs great capped at 60HZ w/ VSync on.

Such a breath of fresh air after how poorly Guild Wars 2 runs regardless of which setting I put it on.

I also don't have the exaggeration of particles blotting out the sun so it is impossible to play. If you're behind cover, you do get lots of cool particle effects. I enjoyed it on the bewm-boom fight. However, it all seems to be tastefully done.

[quote name='KryllFood']
Such a breath of fresh air after how poorly Guild Wars 2 runs regardless of which setting I put it on.
[/QUOTE]

That was what ultimately caused me to wait for a deep discount on Guild Wars 2 as I just won't support poorly optimized games at full price any more. (was playing on a friend's account as he was trying to sell me on it)

Easter Egg:
While farming the Minecraft skins and heads this shotgun dropped.
8A80D66F7692589F0A7A1B90259AA212B55E070C

And the shot pattern is of course a block.
1636765EF6CE2DDF126A1C3C69EC0ACBA0223D62

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking for anyone who wants to work on the first Wildlife Preserve quest tonight... I got to the point where you have to beat the badass loader to get into the building to get closer to Bloodwing. I tried to take it on at lvl 16, which fyi, is a bad idea - I tried (died) at least 20 times. I went back and did a few side quests so now I'm lvl 19, so hopefully it'll be a little easier, especially if other people join in. I'm using Salvador (gunzerker).

I'm available around 6:45pm eastern time, steam name is the same as my user name on here.

So I heard that this game is once again relatively short as far as story quests go, I'm level 24 and I was told I have 7 story quests left to do. Pretty lame.

[quote name='hustletron']So I heard that this game is once again relatively short as far as story quests go, I'm level 24 and I was told I have 7 story quests left to do. Pretty lame.[/QUOTE]

What is short to you? One play through?

It has already been confirmed that you will beat your first playthrough around level 32.

Took my friends and I roughly 25-30 hours to beat the game, doing all the side quests and exploring for things. Currently have 65 hours played, on my second playthrough at level 45.

Obviously if you just balls out rush through the main story the game is going to be short.

[quote name='SEH']Obviously if you just balls out rush through the main story the game is going to be short.[/QUOTE]

When isn't this the case for FPS games. Anyways the story has to be better then the pretty much non existence one of the first. The story was the worst part about the first game but I still put 300+ hours into it and bought its DLC on the PS3 from the PS+ sale.

This is after owning it on the PC.

As someone who skipped the first one and just beat the campaign of the second...

The story wasn't as terrible as I expected. The big exception being
how incredibly wimpy the Warrior was. That's the bad guy's big evil plan? A giant fucking hitbox that could be taken out by a couple dozen loaders? Bit of an anti-climax.

Actually you do want to rush through a bit:

Playthrough 1 - Do every single story and side quest that you can in order to be as high a level as possible when you complete the playthrough

Playthrough 2 - Stick to story quests while avoiding as many side quest as possible

Playthrough 2.5 - Go back and do the skipped playthrough 2 side quest as they are now scaled to max level along with their rewards

[quote name='Fell Open Ian']Actually you do want to rush through a bit:

Playthrough 1 - Do every single story and side quest that you can in order to be as high a level as possible when you complete the playthrough

Playthrough 2 - Stick to story quests while avoiding as many side quest as possible

Playthrough 2.5 - Go back and do the skipped playthrough 2 side quest as they are now scaled to max level along with their rewards[/QUOTE]

This is exactly how we're doing it.

I've been doing a lot of single player. But my one friend always gets on kinda late and wants to do a couple quick missions. Instead he gets on and we both sink like 10-15k into the slot machine for Eridium :)

[quote name='j-cart']What is short to you? One play through?

It has already been confirmed that you will beat your first playthrough around level 32.[/QUOTE]

Ah I didn't know that, I tried to keep myself from any info prior to the game's release because I wanted to enjoy it as thoroughly as possible. I was hoping you'd get to the end of the story close to 50, I was disappointed when I finish BL1 at like level 37. I'm doing all the side quests that I have first then moving the story along, then back to any side quests I get then back to story etc etc.

No, Legendaries are orange. The game doesn't even have red weapons, unless you're talking about the pink ones, in which case those are alien guns. The only thing that is red in the game is health vials.

Red text can also make a seemingly good gun fucking terrible.

Though my favourite one was a tediore shotgun that, instead of exploding on reload, flew around and started auto-targetting my enemies until it emptied its magazine.

[quote name='SEH']No, Legendaries are orange. The game doesn't even have red weapons, unless you're talking about the pink ones, in which case those are alien guns. The only thing that is red in the game is health vials.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're right. I had it confused with Torchlight 2 because I was playing both at the same time. Forgot that the legendary item achievement is in Torchlight 2.

Although I still stand by what I said about red text. However like Crotch said, it can make a good weapon terrible. I had a level 8 or 9 Legendary Pistol with 1 magazine size and yet I used it effectively until I was level 22'ish. It never needed to be reloaded and had infinite ammo. Was a great gun for close to close-med range.

ARG! just blew through all the Opportunity missions at once, had the entire area clear and then
was doing the kill jack's double mission
I was about 80% done and the game froze! first freeze, and CRAP! now I have to fight him with full backup, clear out the areas around him again.:whistle2:#

i got a new video card that came with boarderlands 2 and i already have it. what should i do with the extra copy? lol

[quote name='Kevfactor']i got a new video card that came with boarderlands 2 and i already have it. what should i do with the extra copy? lol[/QUOTE]
Trade it to me for the download of Dirt 3 I got with my PSU?

EDIT:
4D7dI.jpg

Wonder what makes it worth the price?

I've been going back and playing solo through a lot of the side quests I missed early in the game from playing multiplayer. Most of them are worth playing through even if the rewards aren't that spectacular. The humor is reward enough.

hgjRm.jpg

See the black spec up-left of my crosshairs? It's a varkid. It started levitating in front of me and eventually flew into the skybox. I think it had something to do with phaselock?

Less amusingly, the game later crashed while I was on the third wave of Tina's tea party. Phaselock (or, more specifically, thoughtlock) produced some odd behaviour there, too, though nobody flew into the sky.

The raid boss in this game is fucking stupid. Everything before it is fun and at times challenging, but the raid boss is just cheap and not fun at all. He one-shots everything, and when you get downed, everything you can kill to revive yourself magically decides to disappear, so you're just forced to die.

I hate when game devs don't know the difference between challenging and just downright cheap. Its pretty dumb too because 99% of the game is a blast, but the last thing you wind up playing sucks and leaves a sour taste in your mouth.

[quote name='SEH']

I hate when game devs don't know the difference between challenging and just downright cheap.[/QUOTE]

:applause: this post belongs in my "lying cheating game rant thread" in general gaming, go let some steam out. Almost exactly what I say about a few games.

On a good note, I used my golden key from a few days ago right before the final mission which I'm on now, and got a sweet 653 damage SMG for my level 31 self. most [pwerful I've had until that was 240. Bout friggin time

STAIRS???? NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

:applause:

Welp, done with that fucking raid boss. I'm at the point where its doing nothing but make me hate the game, so I figure I should probably give it up. The whole thing is just incredibly stupid though. I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall for the initial conversation about that.

"Hey guys, lets make this thing as frustratingly cheap and shitty as possible to make people wind up hating a game that up until this point, they loved".

Has anyone found a Dastardly Widowmaker pistol? Found a Youtube video where a guy had one that was giving him the "Evil will be SMASHED!!! WITH SMASHING!!! EVIL!!! SMASH!!! ER!!!" effect, even though it wasnt part of the gun's description. Also, it wasnt just effecting the pistol, all weapons he was using had the effect until one of them was reloaded.

The raid boss is tera right? If so- if you just hang back by the walls and shoot you're good. I was with a full group of my friends and we took him down like 15 times without a problem.
Being a siren, I don't think I'd be able to do it alone though.

[quote name='SEH']Welp, done with that fucking raid boss. I'm at the point where its doing nothing but make me hate the game, so I figure I should probably give it up. The whole thing is just incredibly stupid though. I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall for the initial conversation about that.

"Hey guys, lets make this thing as frustratingly cheap and shitty as possible to make people wind up hating a game that up until this point, they loved".[/QUOTE]
I had that point with the game already. One of those driving missions where it's like hey deliver x packages in y amount of time. This one literally made me shut the game off and I have not turned it on again. Sounds easy enough but when you fall off a small bridge because of the shitty handling of the car and your car gets stuck, thus failing the mission. Yeah no...

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I had that point with the game already. One of those driving missions where it's like hey deliver x packages in y amount of time. This one literally made me shut the game off and I have not turned it on again. Sounds easy enough but when you fall off a small bridge because of the shitty handling of the car and your car gets stuck, thus failing the mission. Yeah no...[/QUOTE]

I did that with a a full group, so it probably seemed less bad. We split up and conquered gathering items and then all raced to try and turn it in.

[quote name='testisbest']The raid boss is tera right? If so- if you just hang back by the walls and shoot you're good. I was with a full group of my friends and we took him down like 15 times without a problem.
Being a siren, I don't think I'd be able to do it alone though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its Terramorphous. My friend and I have been trying to duo it (I'm a Siren and he is a Commando). I've respec'd and everything to make it so I can rez with my phaselock, but its still a bitch. Like I said, the damn thing will spawn 6-9 tentacles ALL the time, but when it downs both of you, everything goes underground for like 40 seconds, so you have nothing to shoot to give yourself a second wind. You're just forced to die, which is really annoying. We dont really have an issues with being knocked off the map.

[quote name='Draekon']I did that with a a full group, so it probably seemed less bad. We split up and conquered gathering items and then all raced to try and turn it in.[/QUOTE]

That's how we did it as well. We failed the first time, so the second time we all just stayed at different spots while one person started it.

[quote name='SEH']The raid boss in this game is fucking stupid. Everything before it is fun and at times challenging, but the raid boss is just cheap and not fun at all. He one-shots everything, and when you get downed, everything you can kill to revive yourself magically decides to disappear, so you're just forced to die.

I hate when game devs don't know the difference between challenging and just downright cheap. Its pretty dumb too because 99% of the game is a blast, but the last thing you wind up playing sucks and leaves a sour taste in your mouth.[/QUOTE]
Is that the one in creature slaughter dome, from the GS DLC? Cuz that fucker is bullshit; can't beat him. I tried five times solo before giving up because no matter where you are when he surfaces, you get downed. I'd have to use some serious fire resist shield to even stand a chance and I'm not trolling myself over shitty game mechanics.

Nah, its the last sort of "boss". You have to be level 50 to fight him (well, you can do it earlier but you'll get ass raped). Honestly, we didn't have an issue with the GS DLC. Beat it on our first try.

bread's done
Back