Borderlands CAG Co-op

i think drop rates are the same, and iv read that the collectibles for the trophies carry through both playthroughs. idk tho. peace man

[quote name='Velo214']i think drop rates are the same, and iv read that the collectibles for the trophies carry through both playthroughs. idk tho. peace man[/QUOTE]

Eh, I just tried Hyperion Dump farming on Playthrough 1 and Claptraps don't spawn nearly as much as they do in Playthrough 2. I'm gonna try MINAC farming on Playthrough 1, at least I'll get another skill point and it'll be way easier, just gotta blow through these main missions.

Damn I just cant get into any games right now with BL2 just a couple days away, I want to play it so fucking bad. I start playing something and find myself getting bored. Anyone else like this with highly anticipated releases? BTW playing BL1 just doesnt scratch that itch :joystick:

[quote name='Brother Daz']Damn I just cant get into any games right now with BL2 just a couple days away, I want to play it so fucking bad. I start playing something and find myself getting bored. Anyone else like this with highly anticipated releases? BTW playing BL1 just doesnt scratch that itch :joystick:[/QUOTE]

Haha, maybe cause BL1 doesn't scratch that itch, but even though I pre-ordered BL2, I won't be playing it for awhile. Might end up bein a good thing if the Mechromancer class is pretty bad ass.

Good call on MINAC farming on Playthrough 1. Much easier to get to, and much easier to farm a ton of them. In an hour, I got quite a bit of the collectibles, but pizzas aren't droppin much. Hopefully next time.

If someone makes a BL2 thread, link it here please

Clap Trap item farming: Hard ones are 25 oil cans and 15 bobble head imo. I had so many extra pizza/panties/glasses by the time I finished, like at least 20+ extra of each. I did MINAC PT1 farming, bus hiding. I didn't like dump farming because you load, walk out, kill a few, only see 0-3 drops (not counting motherboards etc), save/quit, reload. Takes more time and I think Divine Wind Clap Traps have a higher drop rate on rare drops, placebo effect maybe.

Only took me a few hours, 2-3. And it was much easier to multitask killing infinite spawns than dump farming. Main game and DLC trophies were all not too bad or hard. Only the Moxxi big arena ones pissed me off. Each takes 2-3hrs of boredom or threat of death and losing all progress if you don't use host trick for lower levels.

Wooo, I just got my 100%. Once again, definitely do MINAC farming on Playthrough 1, shooting them as they exit the ramp. It really didn't take me that long at all, and the best part? They DO count across playthroughs! I was about to tell you Velo that you were wrong because the supposed experts on PS3Trophies.org said over and over that nothing counts across playthroughs but I can confirm it. That's one of the reasons why I don't give a shit that I got banned from there. There's so much misinformation over there.

Ahhh, so glad to be done with this game.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Damn I just cant get into any games right now with BL2 just a couple days away, I want to play it so fucking bad. I start playing something and find myself getting bored. Anyone else like this with highly anticipated releases? BTW playing BL1 just doesnt scratch that itch :joystick:[/QUOTE]

Same here, thought about working on my backlog but NOPE. I might just play some PSN games til 2 drops.

i played through spec ops the line(awesome) and men in black (horrible).
beat both in a day. now i gotta get my 100% on borderlands so i can get ready for 2! omg so close, lol. we playing this co op or solo? im zero or maya... still havnt decided.

Finally finished my first play through as a soldier! :) wanted to ask here
Should I do DLC on my first or second play through?

[quote name='Velo214']i played through spec ops the line(awesome) and men in black (horrible).
beat both in a day. now i gotta get my 100% on borderlands so i can get ready for 2! omg so close, lol. we playing this co op or solo? im zero or maya... still havnt decided.[/QUOTE]

I'm in for co-op. As Zero

Or do you just want to solo the 1st playthrough?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hereon']Finally finished my first play through as a soldier! :) wanted to ask here
Should I do DLC on my first or second play through?[/QUOTE]

I think they will be too high of a level for you to do missions on playthrough 2.

I think the Knoxx DLC starts out with enemies at level 50+ on playthrough 2

[quote name='hereon']Finally finished my first play through as a soldier! :) wanted to ask here
Should I do DLC on my first or second play through?[/QUOTE]

Depends. If you just want to experience the story of the DLCs and so on, do it on your first playthrough. If you want good weapons (pretty much only applies to Knoxx DLC), then second playthrough. Overall, I'd say just go ahead and do it on your first playthrough as you'll probably hit level 50 by the end of the three that actually have story missions and you won't have to do a second playthrough. However, if you wanted to do a second playthrough for whatever reason, do that first, then do the DLC.

just got completionist and brains... ugh.
im gonna skip moxxxi til some day when i am bored out of my mind.
or ill try to pay my kids in cookies to do it for me, lol.

also on that dlc question. I would do DLC 1,2,4 on playthrough 1, and then you will be leveled enough to try to take on dlc 3 on pt2.
that final knoxx dlc on pt2 will help you get to level 50/51/61. but if you dont care about trophies, just go all pt1.

[quote name='Velo214']just got completionist and brains... ugh.
im gonna skip moxxxi til some day when i am bored out of my mind.
or ill try to pay my kids in cookies to do it for me, lol.[/QUOTE]
You're secret is out. Tell us the truth, you actually work your kids fingers to the bones getting those plats don't ya?

Also, just noticed the BB I preordered at isnt doing a midnight release:cry:oh well I'm getting too old for these things anyways. By the time I get home and installed, I can hardly stay awake.

yeah, my store isnt doing midnite release and iv got 12 hours of work tomorrow, so ill be lucky if i start it by wed.

n i wish, i try to get my kids to get some trophies/play games for me and they rebel. they only wanna play skylanders/horsey game(rdr)/sims 3 crap.

I tried to get my kids to hunt for those zombie brains, and im like ill be back in an hour. they got 7 brains and said they were bored after 5 minutes. i would have loved to play these games when i was a kid, but their advanced adhd and the fact im their dad makes them reject doing any trophy work for me, lol.

If anyone is interested, I'm going to do some Moxxi on Thursday. Ill be starting after I finish work, at 5:30PM EST on the dot. Add me if you'd like to join!

So if you guys have the Comixology app on either your iOs or Android phones, they are coming out with a comic series about the origins of the four original Borderlands characters. It's basically about what they were doing before they got on the bus. The first issue is about Roland and it's free. I haven't read it yet so I can't make any statements about its quality but it might be something you guys are interested in.

damn this borderlands is fun but the battles are like 10x as much clusterfuck. just mayhem. i die like 10x more now, even running as a hulking titan with +28% life and 28% damage reduction and lots of health regen. crazy fun tho. kingkoopa is my rock.

i still don't know what tons of stuff does. like shield boosters and raid melee damage etc. but damn so much fun. seems like 1000 more sidequests too. wow

- also it's hilarious how when i started the game i didnt want to run siren cuz i saw everyone else was sirens, but now iv been playing and i never get a siren on my friends list to join my party. i think all sirens are loners now. cmon sirens, im cool, join me!

[quote name='Velo214']damn this borderlands is fun but the battles are like 10x as much clusterfuck. just mayhem. i die like 10x more now, even running as a hulking titan with +28% life and 28% damage reduction and lots of health regen. crazy fun tho. kingkoopa is my rock.

i still don't know what tons of stuff does. like shield boosters and raid melee damage etc. but damn so much fun. seems like 1000 more sidequests too. wow

- also it's hilarious how when i started the game i didnt want to run siren cuz i saw everyone else was sirens, but now iv been playing and i never get a siren on my friends list to join my party. i think all sirens are loners now. cmon sirens, im cool, join me![/QUOTE]

I barely made it the last round in that arena. They sent out 4 of those badass guys where you shoot their head off and they go in a rage at me.

I shot one of the heads off and let them attack each other and let my health build up. He leveled up to Ultimate Hulk or something like that.

Got a few items for your gunserker to drop ya.

*Edit* ^Goliath is what I meant^

[quote name='Velo214']damn this borderlands is fun but the battles are like 10x as much clusterfuck. just mayhem. i die like 10x more now, even running as a hulking titan with +28% life and 28% damage reduction and lots of health regen. crazy fun tho. kingkoopa is my rock.

- also it's hilarious how when i started the game i didnt want to run siren cuz i saw everyone else was sirens, but now iv been playing and i never get a siren on my friends list to join my party. i think all sirens are loners now. cmon sirens, im cool, join me![/QUOTE]

Oh I totally get what you mean. Loot is so much more varied in BL2, and battles can get hard w/o a co-op partner.

Raid melee damage is whenever your shield is gone, you get that bonus damage added to your melee hits. Works really well if you find one with 1k raid, just go nuts if you ever lose your shield. It will save your life.

Shield boosters shield type, haven't use this one yet but: everytime you get hit, a chance of a 25% shield boost pops out as loot. Go pick it up for +25% shields instantly.

Each type of gun is different, I may not have the brand names right, but it's something like this: All Maliwan's are elemental, Vladoff's shoot faster as you hold down the trigger, Teidore's all toss/blow up like a grenade when reloading, Dahl brand burst fires when zoomed in (hate when I find good sniper rifle stats with this one), Hyperion's gain acc when firing, Jakobs higher dmg and recoil, All Torgue's are explosive rounds, etc.

Absorb bullets shield meh think it still does damage and only adds to ammo. Resist shield is nice, got one that is 33% resist to last elemental damage received. Spike shields damage melee attackers, Nova bursts when shield depleted. What's your fav type of shield?

Haven't found a relic worthy of replacing Vault Relic Hunter yet. Only semi-good ones I found are 36% resist elemental (it specifically says shock, fire, acid, slag, explostion), a 6% dmg boost to assault rifles, and 5% action skill cool down.

Grenades are so much better in BL2. I'm rocking a Purple Longbow Slag Transfusion x8 Child Grenades come out, 850+ dmg.

yeah got law n order rocking with that roid damage. every melee i do is 100% +1000 with no shields and all that damage heals me.
I was one shot punching goliaths in the face with it. cant wait to have a melee zero build with it.

also found some insane purple weapons. this crazy launcher that hits the whole screen and traps them in a bubble and a homing mirv with x8 1300 damage. good stuff. i have a purple fire nova shield that is insane like 1000 range and 3000 damage, but that firehawk shield is still only orange i have.

Beat the game last night with KingKoopa. Awesome

Only 1 more level and I will get the Come at me Bro, Double Flip off skill ;)

good stuff lately. just so crazy. Handsome Jack is awesome.

if anybody has a purple or orange(is there any?) relic i could borrow. i got all purples but that last relic slot for that trophy. thanks and peace!~

i was running kiss of death as the grenade. and iv got a relic that gives me +30% health. which is great cuz my hulk titan class mod is -250 shield, but thats fine cuz im running with Order shield. Here's my stats. also +3 I'm the Juggernaut, +3 Hard to Kill, and +2 Out of Bubblegum. I'm Level 30. http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/gunzerker.html hmm, can't post stats. but all Brawn ;) Sexual Tyranosauras.. lol

my playstyle is that of an idiot, lol. i just run at their face gunzerking with high damage shotgun, pistols, launchers and then go into melee when my shield is out and keep melee health refilling. my super max health and health regen and damage resistance helps me deal with the hits, but can't wait for Come at me Bro for Max Damage Resist and the double bird :)

We haven't seen one purple or orange relic on the Xbox. A buddy had the gold chest glitch and never had one pop out of it either, there were about 150 differentpurple items on the ground. Them fuckers are RARE!

Unless i was seeing things, I think I had a few hits around 40k using Law and Order. Made the Slaughter Dome seem too easy. Still looking for a purple relic as well.

Purple relic comes around Lynchwood-ish from a side quest. You can also have them drop off GODLiaths and the Black Queen in the Dust.

Have a couple Legendaries I'll trade for other Legendaries.

All level 50

Scalable Conference Call(Shotgun)
Bee Shield(best Shield in the game)
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot(Shield that shoots out IED's when you get hit)
Operational Intruder(Burst Sniper)

Also have all the Legendary Terramorphis Mods for each class.

yeah i heard you can get better Laws and Sheriff's Badge from farming that lynchwood sheriff chic. i already flipped the game tho. ill gamefly it in a month or so and try to finish up. kingkoopa got the finishing blow on kingmong and took that trophy from me! lol

peace all

[quote name='Velo214']yeah i heard you can get better Laws and Sheriff's Badge from farming that lynchwood sheriff chic. i already flipped the game tho. ill gamefly it in a month or so and try to finish up. kingkoopa got the finishing blow on kingmong and took that trophy from me! lol

peace all[/QUOTE]

I never got the kingmong trophy, doesnt it have to be donkey mong?

you are totally right. i thought i got the kill anyway cuz my 'im the juggernaut' skill kicked in. lol zone. peace bro

on that topic i love the way they redid the kill skills and even your melee cooldown is displayed. yo

Huh, so I just got a Purple Aggression Relic Lv.29 (26.7% assault rifle dmg) from Round 5 Hyperion Ore Chasm. Went to my bank to get other purple/oranges out since I thought relic was the hard one to get. Turns out I had a Purple Lv.22 Sherif Badge already, I forgot I was waiting for a purple+ class mod. Which I do have a Purple Commando Class mod (my blue mod is better, sigh rarity). 1/1 kill on the Sherif Badge btw, thought it was 100% drop, never went back to kill her 2nd time.

So in short, I got the trophy heh.

I'm probably gonna delete the rest of you guys I played Borderlands co-op since I don't see myself playing co-op in the second one just by how much I disliked getting my ass handed to me in the first. :razz:

That is unless some of ya's actually start playing BF1943 or GTA IV, since those are my main two mp games lately.

ill do some rounds on gta4 and bf1943 with ya soon. i only need 100 rounds trophy to get 100% at bf1943. and iv still never touched gta mp yet.

bread's done
Back