Borderlands CAG Co-op

[quote name='gettinmoney662']By the way, what level are you?

Sometimes the soldiers don't spawn in the main room, which is pretty sweet as that's where I mainly fight them if I have too and there's always like 3 Badass Technicians.

But, for real, if you can find it, get a Pestilent Defender. It totally fucks these guys up. Mine is something like 660 damage, six shots, 91.7 accuracy with a 4.1 zoom, I think. With my skills, it bumps the clip size up to 9, and I take them each out really fast. I can only imagine it in the hands of Mordecai.[/QUOTE]
I had a pestilent defender with around the same stats for mordecai on the Xbox. That's pretty much the only gun I used. I had his pistol tree maxed out, bad ass gun!

hellfire causes incendiary procs everytime, x4 is just amount of fire damage i think.
thats why i think spark is a waste with hellfires, but idk...

the chance of lit is chance, high chance and very high, but weapons like volcano and hellfire always light them up
i also read i think x1-x4 is the amount of continual damage done, i.e. shock/acid/fire damage over time...

also i think defiler and firehawk they said are actually x6 damage, like cyclops is actually 5.2 zoom...

and wow koopa, werent you just level 59 or something yesterday or day before when we beat knoxx, damn you been leveling up like mad.
hopefully you and brodaz can help me kill the rest of those loot midgets and finish up knoxx side missions like moxxi's and the littlepeople ones.
im trying for that completionist trophy. peace

Last edited by a moderator:
I just tossed a pestilent away. It was only level 25 and some of the pistols ive been farming are better.

Im sure i'll come across the updated one soon.

[quote name='Koopa22']I just tossed a pestilent away. It was only level 25 and some of the pistols ive been farming are better.

Im sure i'll come across the updated one soon.[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's probably not that big of a deal then if the specs were also shitty. Mine is in the mid-60s.

and wow koopa, werent you just level 59 or something yesterday or day before when we beat knoxx, damn you been leveling up like mad.

hopefully you and brodaz can help me kill the rest of those loot midgets and finish up knoxx side missions like moxxi's and the littlepeople ones.

im trying for that completionist trophy. peace

yeah im about to pitch my hellfire and anarchy just cuz they are level 30's...
i guy this smg last night, totally different than my playstyle, but i loved it.
no elemental attack, but huge clip, no recoil, zoom, like perfect accuracy, it was some crimson something, but it tore the bad guys up. only hyperion gun i ever used.

wow some interesting skill trees and such. should be very fun/interesting.
i like that they combined a bunch of lesser skills also.
and wow, lol, now my phoenix is gonna have acid also... ok?

haha and i love the quote/references. just in the skill tree they have might python quotes, etc

tell me about it, running with phoenix is a killer sometimes cuz barrels explode.
you pop out of phase and the phaseblast also blows up barrels which kills me, lol.

i love some of the skill names in bl2, iv been looking at those skill trees all night.
sexual tyrannosaurus, lol. and damn they pretty much gave zero the phase shift power, but seems you can go on and on with it, super tight. peace all

also i noticed there is no more +xp% and +rare item find skills. none of the skills have anything to do with loot or xp.
i think those skills are reserved for relic items, cuz i preordered i know i get a vaulthunter relic that improves rare item find.
i guess that's a equip slot now.

Phew, finally beat the stupid ass Circle of Duty round, which is what prompted my previous post about getting pissed about one shot deaths. In them, a Lancer drives around and shoots a cannon at you and if you get hit, you're done. Only two more rounds left that each get progressively harder, fuck.

[quote name='Velo214']can't you co op those? idk[/QUOTE]

You can, but I also heard that if any one person dies in the group, everyone starts over.

So I did one of the Marcus armory missions, and you do have to kill Knoxx each time. Also, I didn't really find anythin but I also think I spent too much time lookin at bullshit. For my last one, I'll just look for orange and cyan weapons. I did find a better Pestilent Defiler in terms of damage, but it just has two shots in a clip so I'll have to test it out.

I fuckin played this stupid arena for an hour and in what I'm praying was the last wave, I freaking got taken out by some random explosion. Why is there no grenade indicator? Holy shit, they're basically invisible.

If it wasn't such a pain in the ass to get here, I'd quit.

Wooo, I did it. It was the last wave, so I just made sure to run my ass over to the other side in anticipation. Now I can take a break, and only one more round to go. Marcus has another grinding mission except it's killing people but I think it can all be done in the area where you do Circle of Duty, so it won't be too much driving. Then it's one more armory run and I think I'm done with the Knoxx DLC (except Crawmerax, of course).

[quote name='Velo214']yeah KingKoopa and i just tore through all of the circle of duty missions. i went from level 58->66. Holy Cow. lol. Thanks Koopa![/QUOTE]

You guys did all of them? Assholes, haha, I'm jealous. I think the main reason I get mad is because I actually take them really slow and try to snipe as many as I can with my Defiler (I use it as a sniper rifle) and then it all goes to shit with a one hit explosion.

But yeah, I hit max level earlier today, I'm kinda bummed.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You guys did all of them? Assholes, haha, I'm jealous. I think the main reason I get mad is because I actually take them really slow and try to snipe as many as I can with my Defiler (I use it as a sniper rifle) and then it all goes to shit with a one hit explosion.

But yeah, I hit max level earlier today, I'm kinda bummed.[/QUOTE]

That's what I did, well it was a acid pistol. Not sure on the name but it did its job.

[quote name='Velo214']yeah KingKoopa and i just tore through all of the circle of duty missions. i went from level 58->66. Holy Cow. lol. Thanks Koopa![/QUOTE]

You're welcome! That started to get difficult! I was hoping it was going to end soon. A few times we both saved each other just in time before we had to start over.

I think my pistol went from level 10 to 17.

Now all the levels are going to be a pain in the ass. I think they one up you. Before I jumped in your game I was in the Crimson Fastness taking on level 70 SuperBadass's.

Thanks for that tip money, I think i've swapped out all my stuff since I farmed there.

Got a 208 Transfusion grenade. Helped me out of some tight spots.

my main problem last night was 2 things. my son was all over, crazy crazy, i had to take that 20 min break to walk him around and get him a bottle, etc, but he just wouldnt go to bed and a few times he was freakn out having a tantrum and im like geez dude im mid battle, chill out!

the other thing was, holy cow, there was alot of cores, weapons, shields, etc all over the floor after all those rounds that the lag/slow down was crazy. i think 2 of the times i died was just getting run over by the lancer the moment it appeared. ugh, oh wellz, thanx alot!

yeah now i just need to do the radar lost lewt missions, the thirsty the midget missions, skyscraper, crawmerax and moxxi's last 2 missions. woot.

and yeah i maxed my smgs to level 50, woot. i got a new transfusion last night too, but just up from 140 to 165.
n yeah we should have done craw or something while i was level 58, rather than 66, but whatev.

That just means higher level guns when we beat him.

I was wondering why there was so much lag but then the ground was covered with items. Looked like a weapon chest threw up all over the place. We couldve just farmed for the power cores there.

That break gave me time to re-spec. I had mine set up to mostly kill with 0 healing abilities.

I know an easy way to beat Crawmerax with the two of us, its gonna seem cheap though.

And I heard someone mention a Pearl dropping from Skyscraper in the Borderlands forum. It would be nice to have one.

If you want a high level Transfusion go to Crimson Fastness. They always drop 200+

[quote name='Koopa22']That just means higher level guns when we beat him.

I was wondering why there was so much lag but then the ground was covered with items. Looked like a weapon chest threw up all over the place. We couldve just farmed for the power cores there.

That break gave me time to re-spec. I had mine set up to mostly kill with 0 healing abilities.

I know an easy way to beat Crawmerax with the two of us, its gonna seem cheap though.

And I heard someone mention a Pearl dropping from Skyscraper in the Borderlands forum. It would be nice to have one.

If you want a high level Transfusion go to Crimson Fastness. They always drop 200+[/QUOTE]

That's where I got all the rest of my cores. I almost wish I hadn't though because those shock cores are a huge help in the arenas when you're low on shield as they give you full shield instantly, but ah well.

Pearls drop from Drifters very rarely.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']That's where I got all the rest of my cores. I almost wish I hadn't though because those shock cores are a huge help in the arenas when you're low on shield as they give you full shield instantly, but ah well.

Pearls drop from Drifters very rarely.[/QUOTE]
:pray: I still have hope lol

yep just got transfusion level65, 197 health, wootwoot
and a great shield of 1600/250/+40% health

yeah i should have respec'd the other day when i played with ya. i was getting 0 kills, and all my phoenix/intuition powers are activated on kill, lol.
i was running well last night tho ;)

most def bro
i work til same times as last few nights, 3-11pm central, and i should be on soon after that.

i found and killed another mini steve today

just trying to get completionist trophy now, we could go for super marcus sweep and it's like christmas if you are down for another armory run.

also anyone know why iatcg got temp banned?

also yeah, borderlands is killing my flipping, iv got like 6 games i should be playing but im so damn hooked.

Sweet, I'll probably just do some looting til you get on.

And I think he was banned last week. Not sure why.

I think I have one more midget to go lol

He was probably banned because of his user title. Knowing cheapest, he was asked to change it and did not. I'm sure that and the numerous posts about that title is the reason. This is all just speculation though.

[quote name='Brother Daz']He was probably banned because of his user title. Knowing cheapest, he was asked to change it and did not. I'm sure that and the numerous posts about that title is the reason. This is all just speculation though.[/QUOTE]

i think he got into a flame war with some newbie user a couple of days ago, also how long are temp bans?

[quote name='Velo214']yep just got transfusion level65, 197 health, wootwoot
and a great shield of 1600/250/+40% health

yeah i should have respec'd the other day when i played with ya. i was getting 0 kills, and all my phoenix/intuition powers are activated on kill, lol.
i was running well last night tho ;)[/QUOTE]

Why do you use Transfusion? Do they give you a lot of health? I usually use some type of Corrosive grenade because I'm trying to cause max damage.

And sweet, I can brag about my shield. About 2,600 shield, 199 recharge I think, but also a 40% health boost.

On another note, I was bored before work today and didn't have much time besides to do some more Crimson chest runs. I found a better Hellfire with a scope and more damage but a lower rate of fire. It was only like 1.5 less but it's way noticeable, which sucks. I also found an absolutely awesome machine gun, the only drawback is its accuracy is like 68%. Also, it doesn't seem like my combat rifles match up to the Hellfire anymore.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']I wish this thread was for 360. I could stand to see some new faces in the Borderlands.[/QUOTE]
I have a 63 hunter on the Xbox with all the dlc (also have a bunch of others at all different levels)I still have a few dlc achievements I need to mop up. Go ahead and add me if you want. The O in brother is a zero for my gt.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I have a 63 hunter on the Xbox with all the dlc (also have a bunch of others at all different levels)I still have a few dlc achievements I need to mop up. Go ahead and add me if you want. The O in brother is a zero for my gt.[/QUOTE]

Nice. Added.

i just like transfusion as a homing missile/emergency health. i dont have much healing other than phase shift inner healing, so in a bind, i just toss a few and they seek out the bad guys, hurt them, and heal me. so its all good

also what was his title that you guys are referring to?

[quote name='Velo214']i just like transfusion as a homing missile/emergency health. i dont have much healing other than phase shift inner healing, so in a bind, i just toss a few and they seek out the bad guys, hurt them, and heal me. so its all good

also what was his title that you guys are referring to?[/QUOTE]

Oh what? You throw them and they teleport to an enemy? Hmmm, maybe I'll start using those then. I use healing kits but they're not very effective.

It said something like fuck SHC-Gamer.

Sorry to cut ya short Velo, havent been getting much sleep.

We made Crawmerax our bitch tonight though. Much easier with two people.

Man, this last Circle of Duty round is really pissin me off. Bad Ass Shock Troopers are so over-powered. Fine, take out my shield in one blast, but half my health too and from way on the other side of the map? I wish cover actually fuckin worked in this game.

yeah ran through crawmerax twice. made him our total bitch 2nd time when i used a sniper instead of an smg. tore that shit up. plus with 2 people you can hit his back easily. i was so messed up that first round and jumped off the edge twice, sorry man for taking some time to get into the groove. peace bro

[quote name='Velo214']yeah ran through crawmerax twice. made him our total bitch 2nd time when i used a sniper instead of an smg. tore that shit up. plus with 2 people you can hit his back easily. i was so messed up that first round and jumped off the edge twice, sorry man for taking some time to get into the groove. peace bro[/QUOTE]

Did you guys use the "glitch" or go at him straight up?

Wooo, finally beat it. I was gonna be so pissed cause I kinda got screwed outta a second wind but I got lucky and killed someone else in time. Got a pretty sweet machine gun too, not as much damage as the one I had before but muuuch better accuracy.

Ugh, this DLC is really starting to annoy me. So I decided to do the last Marcus farming mission since I'm there and driving there is a total pain in the ass because when you go to that side of the map, you have to exit your car and deal with a shit ton of enemies before you can drive again. Anyways, I found out that they don't give you enough enemies to do it in one run. Fine, whatever, I'll re-load a different area or something to get them to re-spawn, but naaah, instead I accidentally fall off a ledge and get stuck, and I can't kill myself. Ahhh, now I have to spend the 30 min or so to get back there tomorrow. fuck.

you couldn't blow yourself up with grenades? iv had a few times where i fall into the red grates enemies come out of or etc, but usually i can toss a few bouncing betties and kill myself and respawn. also, no way legit, we hid like bitches.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I accidentally fall off a ledge and get stuck, and I can't kill myself. Ahhh, now I have to spend the 30 min or so to get back there tomorrow. fuck.[/QUOTE]

1) Remove shield
2) Stack grenades at feet
3) ???
4) Profit

[quote name='Velo214']yeah ran through crawmerax twice. made him our total bitch 2nd time when i used a sniper instead of an smg. tore that shit up. plus with 2 people you can hit his back easily. i was so messed up that first round and jumped off the edge twice, sorry man for taking some time to get into the groove. peace bro[/QUOTE]

It actually made me laugh, I saw you running to the spot and then you just jumped over the edge. Its like you said fuck this i'm out.

Sucks I only have 39 storage spaces. I did the missions to give you SDU's but they never show in my inventory.

I've had to toss some good weapons away.

Want to try weapon duping? I got a smg that has a fire rate of 16.3 and 230 damage. Has a huge clip also.

[quote name='Koopa22']It actually made me laugh, I saw you running to the spot and then you just jumped over the edge. Its like you said fuck this i'm out.

Sucks I only have 39 storage spaces. I did the missions to give you SDU's but they never show in my inventory.

I've had to toss some good weapons away.

Want to try weapon duping? I got a smg that has a fire rate of 16.3 and 230 damage. Has a huge clip also.[/QUOTE]

If your looking for weapon duping I'm game. With 2 coming out in a week I'm done with 1. I don't need anything but all my slots are pearls. After logging 200 plus hours in the game I got nothing left to do

[quote name='razrvamp']If your looking for weapon duping I'm game. With 2 coming out in a week I'm done with 1. I don't need anything but all my slots are pearls. After logging 200 plus hours in the game I got nothing left to do[/QUOTE]

Sweet, add me :bouncy:

so i just finished all the claptrap collectibles.
and then lost like 40 million trying to beat craw solo and ending up in death like 8 times.

at least twice i had him down to like 3 hits on his back and he just instantly kills me.
if i had a partner... we would farm this guy 10 times an hour. maybe we will try that later for a pearl each. i was also switching to my +2 rare item find right before we beat him. altho we dont need xp anymore, i just hit 69 also.

I havent even started Clap Trap, I did on playthrough 1 I think.

I had that same problem with Craw so I just gave up.

When I was pinned down I switched to my ammo reg mod in case you were running out of ammo.

no problem with ammo. i got a 900 damage quick sniper. i just time it right and can get 2-4 shots every 5 seconds. i can get him down to just that back spot within like 5 minutes, but then i phase and make a run and die. haha
my girl was laughing cuz she watched me try a bunch. she was shocked he turned around asap and just 2 shot killed me. she was calling me a cheap cheat tho, lol.
but yeah, i checked online and they were saying to get ricochet bullet weapons/etc, im like no way, after like 7 attempts im just gonna wait for co op.
peace man

yeah those collectibles for claptrap were so stupid, but i got them easy enough with 2 nights of 2/3 hours grinding minac shooting right at the ramp and drops a ton of stuff.
zombies should be easy enough just time consuming.
then i just got knoxx completion/midget killing/ and then moxxxi and im 100%

im trying to get that done before 2 comes out next week.

anyone wanna get a 4 member party ready for 2? i think im running zero or maya.

Count me in as either Zero or Axton. Most likely Axton since I like the turrets and like to sit back and attack.

I picked up the SkullSmasher when we beat Craw, we can dupe that so you have one as well.

It would be funny to see 4 Zero's in a group. or Maybe 4 Axtons, toss 4 turret's = game over

The skullsmasher sniper rifle is fucking awesome! That was one of my favorite guns with my xbox hunter. get in close and use that shit like a shotgun.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']1) Remove shield
2) Stack grenades at feet
3) ???
4) Profit[/QUOTE]

That's what I usually do but it wasn't working where I got stuck, ah well.

And I'll have to watch the "glitch" video for Crawmerax to see if it qualifies as a glitch to me. If it's simply a spot that's easy to get to where he can't hit you, that's fine. If you have to do some weird shit to get there, then it's not.

bread's done
Back