Borderlands CAG Co-op

[quote name='gettinmoney662']That's what I usually do but it wasn't working where I got stuck, ah well.

And I'll have to watch the "glitch" video for Crawmerax to see if it qualifies as a glitch to me. If it's simply a spot that's easy to get to where he can't hit you, that's fine. If you have to do some weird shit to get there, then it's not.[/QUOTE]

Its just a spot on the map where he sometimes cant find you. Nothing else is needed.

yeah kinda fall off the ledge on the left or the right and kneel and pray.
also don't phase dash over the ledge, you will fly off and die.
i sent koopaking a message last night, 'wtf is wrong w me' after i jumped off twice, lol

also i got an invader. weaker but 5shot sniper rifle. woot
i also gave koopa a cyclops i got, i dont snipe much cept now on this boss.
got my smg up to 50, everything else is like sub 10.

im gonna run maya probly, zero looked killer also. seems they split lilith into zero/maya for steal running melee now and then gave her healing but still environmental, ugh. idk.

most def bro. we can fly past him too. i say 10/min kill runs if that. once we are there we can just go in and out of caves for him to respawn. lets go til we get at least a pearl each, lol.

its funny to grind out pearl weapons and then we are done with the game. lol

not much left that won't die instantly near us anyway. also thanks for that kill double anarchy. 175x4. bam
doesnt do much against crawmerax but everything else is dead before it knows what hit them.

I'm down with that.

That gun is great to use if you did some elemental damage first. I would throw my turret with acid then use that to kill them before the clip ran out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwWqDGeVD0U&feature=player_embedded

That video makes it extremely easy. Any reason why he used a sniper rifle versus an SMG or combat rifle? It seems like he was just shooting randomly in the general direction. Would a rocket launcher have the same effect? I use helix rocket launchers so they have a huge blast radius.

And I just saw the "glitch" spot. I'd hardly call it a glitch. It's right there at the spot. Granted, he doesn't come at you really, but that's like saying the Drifters glitch when you blast them with rockets from far away and they just sit there and take it. Hmmm, maybe I'll try soloing Crawmerax today.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwWqDGeVD0U&feature=player_embedded

That video makes it extremely easy. Any reason why he used a sniper rifle versus an SMG or combat rifle? It seems like he was just shooting randomly in the general direction. Would a rocket launcher have the same effect? I use helix rocket launchers so they have a huge blast radius.

And I just saw the "glitch" spot. I'd hardly call it a glitch. It's right there at the spot. Granted, he doesn't come at you really, but that's like saying the Drifters glitch when you blast them with rockets from far away and they just sit there and take it. Hmmm, maybe I'll try soloing Crawmerax today.[/QUOTE]

I tried it that way but Crawmerax is always right behind me. Even when I would throw my turret. If not him then the worms would attack me and I didn't have strong enough weapons at the time.

Not sure why he didn't use a smg or rifle. Unless his sniper rifle was super powerful.

*Edit* Doesn't Crawmerax scale 4 levels from the host? Shouldn't he be 65 in this vid?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Koopa22']I tried it that way but Crawmerax is always right behind me. Even when I would throw my turret. If not him then the worms would attack me and I didn't have strong enough weapons at the time.

Not sure why he didn't use a smg or rifle. Unless his sniper rifle was super powerful.

*Edit* Doesn't Crawmerax scale 4 levels from the host? Shouldn't he be 65 in this vid?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, maybe he just got lucky. And it looks like he wasn't gaining any XP in his bar so I think this was when the level max was 61, in which case he only scales three levels above. I'm guessing he maxed out his sniper rifle, which is odd as he chose the soldier, but whatever, haha. I ended up maxing my SMG last night. I pretty much took it from 0-50 just in the Knoxx DLC. I think my combat rifle proficiency is at 40 and that's pretty much what I used the entirety of the main game and the Zombie DLC.

I'm gonna try the "glitch" spot though, this is the video I watched:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37MhuGJQA9c&feature=player_embedded

Not sure if that's the spot you guys used. In my opinion, it's neither a glitch nor a cheat, but a valid strategy. Maybe a cheap one, but it's the same as using a Thief ring and Acid Clouding the final boss in Demon's Souls to death (if you've played that game to get the analogy).

Yup, that's the spot. Well one of them. The other is to the right of where Craw is in this vid. That is where I went when Velo was in this spot.

So I did my last armory run, didn't find any Pearls, but I did get a much better Hellfire SMG. More damage, better accuracy, a huge scope, and it says very high elemental chance versus just high. Also, while killing midgets for the quest before, I found an absolutely awesome combat rifle. I think I'm good on weapons now. Now, all I have left is Crawmerax, let's see if I can solo this asshole.

Uhhh, question on Crawmerax, should I be able to make it to the spot every time? I tried twice and he was on me both times, although my first time, I thought it'd be a good idea to distract him with my turret.

fuck, I made it to the spot and took out every spot besides his back, but none of my rocket launchers could hit him from the back. So I said fuck it, I'll throw a turret and run behind him and hope I can kill it in time. Yeah, that didn't work. I died almost instantly.

*edit* Wooo, I finally fuckin beat him. I said one more try before dinner, so I drove out there and started the fight, but it took me five tries just to get him to stop attacking and destroying me. Luckily, the last time, he moved to a spot where my rocket launchers could actually hit his back. However, they were only hitting for 30-90 a shot, so I must have whittled away at it for 45+ minutes, but fuck it, I'm done and got Completionist as well. He didn't really drop anything of note for me.

koopa and i just farmed craw for an hour, beat him 6 times, got no pearls. a whole bunch of orange/yellows tho. got a killer shield and a skullsmasher and chimera and hydra.

Yeah, Claptrap is pretty easy, I'm just blowing through the missions. Almost all the enemies are at level 68, so one level below me, making it even easier. I can tell the collectible trophies/missions are gonna be a pain though.

there is a video on youtube/ps3trophies.org, that shows you how to farm minac for collectibles. basically you get a strong weapon, shoot out all his turret guns, then just chase him around and shoot right into the ramp and the claptraps will instantly spawn/die/drop a bunch of green shit.

it really only took me 2-3 nights of 2-3 hours grinding to get all the pizzas, bobbleheads and oil cans.
peace man

koopa, sorry bout last night, i went to text you skyscraper and thirsty, but then it froze up and had to reset and corrupt file drive check and 40 min later i got it going again. ugh. better than a ylod of whatever. peace bro

Its all good.

Did you get anything good when we farmed Craw or looted Knoxx?

I think the best weapon I got was the Volcano sniper rifle you gave me.

no pearls, but i got about 2-3 nice new items.
i got that skullsmasher you guys were talking about, which is 10x better than the 'invader' or whatever it was called other sniper. the other sniper gun actually shot 5 rounds in a burst row, so it was eh at 334 or something per shot. but this skullsmasher shoots 6 projectiles instantly and holds 3 and thats like 450x6, + crit bonuses. i was hitting craw with between 3-6000 per shot depending how many hit him(cuz the accuracy is a lil off) we took him out last night after just 16 shots from that sniper rifle.

and i got 2 good shields, still thinking which to run. 2500/300 or 1900/500. and i have a good one with +40% health too, so idk. i put that 2500 on with my diva and class mod defender and had over 4400 shield energy. lol. but that makes my inner healing points worthless if i never take core damage, and im gonna be phasing anyway for the speed/shock damage/phase melee and blase/phase defense, so i might as well get some good healing. and the higher my health the higher my per sec & regen, so 4400 shield doesnt do too much. but then i have a skill girl power i never run that regens my shield per kill % but that would be useless, like phoenix and intuition(my other kill caused skills) vs crawmerax.

i saw you were actually killing his slugs and getting xp/2nd winds. i cant do shit against them. i know that thing i posted like acid vs armored, but in the heat of battle i freak out and dont have the element gun ready cuz im sniping and they just kill me. my best bet is just to phase out and hide and hope they dont chase me. craw sometimes sees me and shoots that acid stuff and i try to phase dodge that also. zone

and i got a chimera and hydra, but those werent that neat. yeah that volcano is tight. i think i actually have 1-2 better sniper rifles if you wanna check them out later. i wanna keep that skullsmasher i just got but i have a pearl something and another something, and they are pretty good. i went from like 5 to 29 or something in sniper profiency last night.

crazy we didnt get any pearls! i had to reset the game after those 6 runs and take a break to put my son to sleep / chillz. it was cluster fuck items everywhere anyway i couldnt tell what new stuff was dropping.

maybe some more craw farming later, thirsty midget missions, skyscraper killing and the lancer loot missions. i looked online and got the locations. peace guys

(wow it feels good to be a big dork and talk like this, havnt talked game in so long, lol)

Yeah for some reason those damn things always find me.

I make sure to equip a fire, shock, and acid revolver. I just forget which one goes with the right directional button and sometimes die from it.

I did get a sniper rifle that shoots pretty fast and does some good damage. I can usually take out an arm or two with one clip.

[quote name='Brother Daz']You have a better chance of getting pearls if you run craw with 4 people. The more +2 rare finds you have the better obviously.[/QUOTE]

That could be difficult if we all tried using the spots where he has trouble locating us.

Sucks the soldier doesnt have a rare item mod.

yeah 5/6 times last night i switched to catalyst (+2 rare item find) before we finished craw.
it actually makes a difference just from 2 orange drops the time we didnt, to like 4 orange drops everytime i did have catalyst. we could go with 4 if we can find 2 others that are down. def back up your save just so we dont catch anything tho, i dont wanna glitch out completionist. even if the other 2 can't hide they could chill out at the bottom of the elevator/on the way up/whatev. as long as 4 and with +rare item finds.
plus there was so much shit on the floor we werent picking up 70% of the drops. so many items selling for 9,999,999. i died and lost over 1.5 billion, lol.

[quote name='Koopa22']If you have a good shock weapon it will be easier on the clap traps.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know they had a weakness but my Hellfire SMG tears them up in 3-4 shots.

[quote name='Velo214']there is a video on youtube/ps3trophies.org, that shows you how to farm minac for collectibles. basically you get a strong weapon, shoot out all his turret guns, then just chase him around and shoot right into the ramp and the claptraps will instantly spawn/die/drop a bunch of green shit.

it really only took me 2-3 nights of 2-3 hours grinding to get all the pizzas, bobbleheads and oil cans.
peace man[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw that video and that's probably what I'm gonna have to do. I'm just not looking forward to 4-9 hours of farming, haha, but thanks.

[quote name='Velo214']yeah 5/6 times last night i switched to catalyst (+2 rare item find) before we finished craw.
it actually makes a difference just from 2 orange drops the time we didnt, to like 4 orange drops everytime i did have catalyst. we could go with 4 if we can find 2 others that are down. def back up your save just so we dont catch anything tho, i dont wanna glitch out completionist. even if the other 2 can't hide they could chill out at the bottom of the elevator/on the way up/whatev. as long as 4 and with +rare item finds.
plus there was so much shit on the floor we werent picking up 70% of the drops. so many items selling for 9,999,999. i died and lost over 1.5 billion, lol.[/QUOTE]

Thats a great idea. We just need to find two more people.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I didn't know they had a weakness but my Hellfire SMG tears them up in 3-4 shots.

Yeah, I saw that video and that's probably what I'm gonna have to do. I'm just not looking forward to 4-9 hours of farming, haha, but thanks.[/QUOTE]

From wiki
Claptraps - Vulnerable to shock due to their metallic construction. Many other mechanical re-creations fought during the Robolution, however, will preserve their original elemental weaknesses.

I guess some are affected.

[quote name='Koopa22']From wiki
Claptraps - Vulnerable to shock due to their metallic construction. Many other mechanical re-creations fought during the Robolution, however, will preserve their original elemental weaknesses.

I guess some are affected.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I wasn't doubting you, I'm just saying that with me being a level above them and my Hellfire being kick ass, it drops them like flies regardless.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I think the Knoxx DLC burnt me out on Borderlands.[/QUOTE]

That's why I stopped after my platinum. Didn't want to get burnt out before 2 was out.

[quote name='Brother Daz']That's why I stopped after my platinum. Didn't want to get burnt out before 2 was out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and the missions in Claptrap are so tedious. I wish with the collectible missions in this entire game, they would actually show you the way points in a logical order and not have you back track all the time. That's just aggravating.

don't even think about farming claptraps for tannis' parts missions. you will have those done hours before you get the 3 collectible trophies for pizza slices, oil cans and bobbleheads.

[quote name='Velo214']don't even think about farming claptraps for tannis' parts missions. you will have those done hours before you get the 3 collectible trophies for pizza slices, oil cans and bobbleheads.[/QUOTE]

Oh nah, I'm not talking about those missions although I do have them running while I do other missions. I'm talking about when Marcus has you go get him six tires. I don't know if you do the side missions if you don't have to, but for example, there is a Moxxi mission where you have to clear out some graffiti, and apparently there are two signs right next to each other but the way points send you out and then have you come back, completely unnecessary.

i did the side missions if there was a trophy attached.
so i got that moxxi graffiti missiong going for completionist trophy.
My fav - Moxxxi has one in all chambers ;)
or moxxi does it skaggy style
flat,220x200,075,t.u1.jpg

_proxy

[quote name='Velo214']i did the side missions if there was a trophy attached.
so i got that moxxi graffiti missiong going for completionist trophy.
My fav - Moxxxi has one in all chambers ;)
or moxxi does it skaggy style
flat,220x200,075,t.u1.jpg

_proxy
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, so I'm guessing you know what I'm talkin about with the waypoints, unless you followed a guide, but according to the Wiki, two of them are right next to each other but they don't order it like that with the waypoints, they give you one, send you to the other side of the map, then have you come back.

And I had a question about the Claptrap collectibles. When you finish all of the Tannis missions, do they still drop the gears and motherboards and shit?

i dont remember the waypoints like that, but lately im drnk/tokn so whatev, lol.
this game seems really user friendly to me tho.

and yeah they drop so much shit still, you gotta hold square to mass pick it up.
unlike the shock/power/speed cores, which quit droppn after you turn that mission in.

[quote name='Velo214']i dont remember the waypoints like that, but lately im drnk/tokn so whatev, lol.
this game seems really user friendly to me tho.

and yeah they drop so much shit still, you gotta hold square to mass pick it up.
unlike the shock/power/speed cores, which quit droppn after you turn that mission in.[/QUOTE]

Fuuuuck, that's so stupid. So when I'm farming MINAC or whoever, there is gonna be like 8,000 things on the floor.

And yeah, I wish I wasn't a completionist but when it comes to games like this, I need to do every main and side quest, trophy or not.

wow so i took a borderlands break and played through spec ops the line.
holy shit that is a heavy game. nice to know 2k games can make a game with plot.

ya play borderlands for gameplay, ya play spec ops to trip out down the rabbit hole.
i noticed some graffiti that said 'Hyperion' and it made me smile. a dark, grim smile. ;)

this game starts out so chilled, when you call out bad guys, 'hey take him out', now im at the end already and my guy is just freaking out and he's just screaming 'fuck that guy up', 'i want him dead now!' geez long night... things just get more brutal.

Wooo, finally finished Moxxi with Bumslie. Now all I have to do is Claptrap and I'm done with my 100%.

As for cosplay girls, the only real fine girl is the last one. Middle two are pretty cute though.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Wooo, finally finished Moxxi with Bumslie. Now all I have to do is Claptrap and I'm done with my 100%.

As for cosplay girls, the only real fine girl is the last one. Middle two are pretty cute though.[/QUOTE]

Glad that shit is done. Now I can work on the actual game. That last arena was done in record time for us. Oh yea just celebrated also. Woooohoooo

[quote name='Bumslie']Glad that shit is done. Now I can work on the actual game. That last arena was done in record time for us. Oh yea just celebrated also. Woooohoooo[/QUOTE]

Did you dance?

Unce unce unce unce!

[quote name='hereon']Did you dance?

Unce unce unce unce![/QUOTE]

Hey look at me I'm dancing, I'm dancing!

One of my favorite Claptrap lines.

I like the one mentioned in here about the Claptrap in Lockdown Palace saying he's gonna set the stabbing record or somethin like that.

I like the claptrap on jakob's cove also, the one that is possessed and looks like wearing a bloody labcoat. later is shot in the head by a wooden jakobs claptrap, lol.

Okay, I thought this Claptrap DLC was easy. This MINAC boss is fuckin ridiculous. I obviously have no right strategy, I thought you could hide by the bus but I'm getting obliterated and it's taking me forever to take out turrets. Luckily, I think it saves your progress throughout the fight. I fuckin hate these Divine Wind Claptraps too.

Phew, fuckin did it, usually when I complain about a video game on a forum, I beat it right after. But man, that's still gonna be a pain in the ass to farm for Claptraps, I'm gonna have to watch the video and hope it helps me out. Ugggh, just read you have to kill all the mini-bosses on the way to the MINAC as well, haha, man, I'm starting to hate this game.

go do it on playthrough 1. it will be easier and you will get another skill point for beating all the main missions again. just an option. you should be over powered on pt1.

[quote name='Velo214']go do it on playthrough 1. it will be easier and you will get another skill point for beating all the main missions again. just an option. you should be over powered on pt1.[/QUOTE]

Well, actually, I was coming on to get some opinions.

I found an alternative way to farm, basically just farm the Hyperion Dump. Supposedly, other people have had more success doing that than doing MINAC farming. Also, in this video I watched, he suggested to do it right at the beginning, so you don't have to worry about getting inundated with gears, motherboards, and wires. If something green drops, it's an item. Furthermore, it's much easier to get to this spot and I can take breaks. It's literally moments from where you start the DLC.

So I'm wondering, should I start over with my collectibles on playthrough 1? So far, I have 9 oil cans, one bobblehead, 7 pizzas, and all my 3d glasses, panties, and fishes. It seems that bobbleheads are the rarest items so I'm sure I'll get the rest back before I get all the bobbleheads.

So what you guys think? Also, like Velo says, I think they'd be even lower levels so they'd drop super fast. I'm just worried that the drop rates might be even shittier in playthrough 1.

bread's done
Back