Borderlands CAG Co-op

I was hoping for a better sniper rifle but i'm still rockin the level 17 one.

Went to do some more missions and was getting my ass handed to me. Everyone was level 63. Crawmerax killed me in 10 seconds.

So I noticed a little confusion and incorrect information regarding artifacts a few pages back. Thought I would clarify some information that I know to be true from personal playthrough experience and quoted from the wikia. Hope this helps some of you guys/gals out and answers any questions you might have. ;)

An Artifact is applied by being selected in a character's inventory. Upon activation, the artifact will be removed from the inventory and is added to the character's Action Skill as a permanent upgrade.

As higher level artifacts are added they will override their lower level predecessors and only higher level artifacts of any given type can be applied.

All Artifacts are class specific and the level of effect that the artifact grants depends on the level of the artifact itself. The highest elemental effect is level 6 for an artifact with a level requirement of 44.

Usage

The currently active Artifact is displayed in the Skill Tree window at the top, to the left of the Action Skill.

Artifact types can be changed by selecting the artifact icon and picking a different artifact from the drop down list. The list displays the highest level artifact that has been applied of each of the four types, as well as an option for "None" to disable artifact effects.

Artifact bonuses will be in effect until another activated artifact is chosen (e.g. A Shock Artifact and Incendiary Artifact cannot both be active simultaneously; the most recently activated artifact will provide its effect).

With the exception of the Explosive Artifact, Artifacts will decrease damage done, but have a chance of giving the target massive damage over time.
List of Known Artifact Rewards

Mission Rewards

Drops

Level 6 random element: SuperBad non-human enemies (after completion of 2nd playthrough).

Named Wereskags in The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned DLC. Crawmerax in Crawmerax's Lair in The Secret Armory of General Knoxx DLC.

Artifacts of a given elemental type have a chance of dropping from enemies of the same elemental type - for example, a corrosive spiderant may drop a corrosive artifact when killed - which will be of a similar level to the enemy.

Artifacts of all types have have a chance of dropping from Badass/BadMutha/SuperBad Guardians in the Eridian Promontory.

Notes

Playthrough experience indicates that the highest achievable artifact level from Playthrough 1 is element level 4. Higher level artifacts can only be acquired and equipped in Playthrough 2.

While somewhat random, there appears to be a higher probability in acquiring artifacts from high-end random encounters, e.g. Spiderant Kings and Queens.

Artifacts exhibit their element when dropped, e.g. corrosive artifacts are covered in acid, fire artifacts are covered in flames.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be willing to coop with anyone. I'm a siren lvl 17 just got borderlands through plus but i have all the dlc for it. I work second shift and i'm normally home by 11:45 cst. Just add me on psn or send me a message gamertag massamandube

Hmmm, I didn't know that the artifacts can go up to level 6.

Anyways, what I think I'm going to do is complete all the missions in the Knoxx DLC except Crawmerax and then complete the Claptrap DLC, and then if you guys want, we can all team up to take out Crawmerax. You can even keep the weapons that drop as that will mark the end of my Borderlands playing.

yeah i havnt even touched pt2. i just got to skags at the game and fast traveled to dlc.
its gonna suck how over powered we all are now, lol.
if you can wait koopa, we should get some of those artifacts while farming crawmerax

I'm cool with that. We should have a lower level host, that way he isnt too much for us.

I was never able to beat him legit, i always hid in the corner where he couldnt see you and picked him off with a sniper rifle/rocket combo.

I'm up to Level 63 and I haven't done the Claptrap DLC yet. I'll definitely be hitting the level cap.

And holy shit, did you guys try the arena fights in the Knoxx DLC? They are crazy hard. I got through the first one, second one whupped my ass, and I think there's five total. I need something better to take out the Pyro Lancers, my acid SMG isn't doing as well as it used to. Surprisingly, I've found fire does very well against the Lancers too, just not the Pyro ones.

hey i wanted to say this lately, but thanks guys for letting me sit in the gunners seat while you drive through the knoxx dlc. that's usally my drinkn/tokn break time ;)

[quote name='gettinmoney662']So I'm reading about all these Pearlescent and Legendary weapons, and man, I'm jealous.[/QUOTE]

I have a pearl smg on the Xbox, it's pretty bad ass! I didn't actually find it myself though, a friend gave it to me. It's been a long time since I've seen it's stats so I cant remember them off hand.

[quote name='Velo214']hey i wanted to say this lately, but thanks guys for letting me sit in the gunners seat while you drive through the knoxx dlc. that's usally my drinkn/tokn break time ;)[/QUOTE]

I love break times when gaming. I had to prep good for the large arenas cause that's 3 hours of no breaks. Well I could cause gettinmoney was killing it and I would end up on the penalty box.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I have a pearl smg on the Xbox, it's pretty bad ass! I didn't actually find it myself though, a friend gave it to me. It's been a long time since I've seen it's stats so I cant remember them off hand.[/QUOTE]

I read about a pearl SMG that shoots both electric and acid rounds! What the? That's probably the one you got too, haha.

there is only 1 pearl weapon of each type. yeah the tsunami looks tight.
i want a pearl shield too. i have to keep my eyes open for cyan, i hope i didnt skip any thinking they were blue. iv been busy looking for orange legendary weapons.

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Pearlescent

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Legendary

also heads up so we don't beat crawmerax too quick, maybe we should do knoxx other side missions first...

"If Crawmerax is killed during Playthrough 2 while You. Will. Die. is active, all subsequent enemies (DLC missions or not) will scale up to the maximum level of 69-72, rather than scale to lower level characters."

[quote name='Velo214']there is only 1 pearl weapon of each type. yeah the tsunami looks tight.
i want a pearl shield too. i have to keep my eyes open for cyan, i hope i didnt skip any thinking they were blue. iv been busy looking for orange legendary weapons.

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Pearlescent

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Legendary

also heads up so we don't beat crawmerax too quick, maybe we should do knoxx other side missions first...

"If Crawmerax is killed during Playthrough 2 while You. Will. Die. is active, all subsequent enemies (DLC missions or not) will scale up to the maximum level of 69-72, rather than scale to lower level characters."[/QUOTE]

Oh, fuck that noise, I'm definitely doing Claptrap before I fight him now.

thanx brodaz.
yeah i think that would only apply to playthrough 2 tho, gettinmoney, so you could probly load up your playthrough 1 and still do claptrap with lower leveled enemies.

also, damn, that loot the armory thing wasn't as hot as i hoped for. i think i got 2-3 orange weapons, but koopa and i were hoping for boatloads. we both dumped tons of items ready for xmas, and it was more like a clusterfuck.

i read that the next two missions with looting the armory, super marcus sweep and it's like christmas, have much higher weapons and loot than the story mission, so thats good to know. i also read that you should go for the bottom floor and also use the controllable elevator platform to get the most crimson lance higher leveled chests. just something to consider when we do those missions.

[quote name='Velo214']thanx brodaz.
yeah i think that would only apply to playthrough 2 tho, gettinmoney, so you could probly load up your playthrough 1 and still do claptrap with lower leveled enemies.

also, damn, that loot the armory thing wasn't as hot as i hoped for. i think i got 2-3 orange weapons, but koopa and i were hoping for boatloads. we both dumped tons of items ready for xmas, and it was more like a clusterfuck.

i read that the next two missions with looting the armory, super marcus sweep and it's like christmas, have much higher weapons and loot than the story mission, so thats good to know. i also read that you should go for the bottom floor and also use the controllable elevator platform to get the most crimson lance higher leveled chests. just something to consider when we do those missions.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but then it'll be super easy and the loot will suck so I'll stick to playthrough 2, I'll just do it before I do Crawmerax. It might even help me get better prepared for the fight. Also, I think Crawmerax is always four levels above the host but if you're at max level, then he can only be three levels above? Slight help maybe.

When I first looted the armory, near the end, I thought I was going to die when the timer went and I was still in there so I wasted like a minute and a half searching for the exit. What an idiot.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/borderlands-2/trophies/

borderlands 2 trophy list. seems pretty straightforward.
hidden trophies are hidden. so i dont think any spoilers.

yeah koopa and i started running for the door/exit i guess when it said 10 seconds left, he got out and i was mid jump and credits hit.
i was like damn did i die. but now i read you can just grab loot til the timer and same new-u respawn.

Level Scaling

Regardless of playthrough,

• Crawmerax will scale to 4 levels above the host, but has a minimum of 64 and a maximum of 72.
  • The Craw Maggots are scaled 1 level above the host, but have a minimum of 60 and a maximum of 69.
  • The Green Craw Worms are scaled 2 levels above the host, but have a minimum of 60 and a maximum of 69.
  • The Armored Craw Worms are scaled 3 levels above the host, but have a minimum of 60 and a maximum of 70.
Weaknesses

• Green Craw Worms are weak to incendiary damage and their eye and claws are their main weak points; a single critical shot from a Maliwan Volcano can kill them instantly.
  • Craw Maggots are weak to melee and shock damage. Their eye and underbelly are their main weak points. A high-level Eridian Thunder Storm can kill them in one or two shots up close. Also notice that they are stunned when shocked.
  • Armored Craw Worms are weak to corrosive damage and they have the same critical location as any other Craw Worm: its eye.
  • If intending to have a weapon equipped for each type of minion, an easy way to remember which element to use on each enemy is this: The enemies and their corresponding elemental vulnerability are both in alphabetical order (Armored Craw Worms: Acid; Craw Maggots: Electricity; Green Craw Worms: Fire). Keeping this in mind, equipping each of those elements in that order will minimize confusion.
  • Despite popular belief, Crawmerax himself is not weak to any element.
straight from borderlands wiki

im just gonna wait til im done with all else to beat crawmerax and also wait to do marcus' 2 armory missions. the best weapons will come when you are higher leveled, so i guess its best to wait, altho by then it will scale everything up so idk.

i just dont want to beat crawmerax and then minac's collectibles and zombies get so much harder on playthrough 1.

[quote name='Velo214']http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/borderlands-2/trophies/

borderlands 2 trophy list. seems pretty straightforward.
hidden trophies are hidden. so i dont think any spoilers.

yeah koopa and i started running for the door/exit i guess when it said 10 seconds left, he got out and i was mid jump and credits hit.
i was like damn did i die. but now i read you can just grab loot til the timer and same new-u respawn.[/QUOTE]

The original Borderlands trophies were all pretty straight forward too, it's just these DLC ones that are pretty tough, although they're actually pretty straight forward as well if you think about it.

[quote name='Velo214']im just gonna wait til im done with all else to beat crawmerax and also wait to do marcus' 2 armory missions. the best weapons will come when you are higher leveled, so i guess its best to wait, altho by then it will scale everything up so idk.

i just dont want to beat crawmerax and then minac's collectibles and zombies get so much harder on playthrough 1.[/QUOTE]

I also read that everytime you go to the armory, you have to fight Knoxx again, which isn't probably as bad if you have people with you, but as a solo player, I'm not looking forward to it. Granted, it won't be too bad if he stays at around the same level but if he keeps scaling with you, ugh, that kinda sucks, almost makes me want to get them done now just to clear the missions, and then you can actually farm the armory whenever you want.

Also, I think the level scaling is just for playthrough 2, not playthrough 1, but I'm totally guessing.

Maybe we can all team up to take out Crawmerax then, and if you guys aren't max level, we can just have the lowest level person host the game. I won't be interested in farming weapons by then, I'll just want the trophies and then I'll be done.

Also, how is the Claptrap DLC for weapons? I heard it's got some pretty decent loot.

i got no loot from claptrap. just did it for the skillpoint
actually i did pt1 claptrap solo, and then ran through the missions with brodaz/koopa i think and got another skill point.

[quote name='Velo214']i got no loot from claptrap. just did it for the skillpoint
actually i did pt1 claptrap solo, and then ran through the missions with brodaz/koopa i think and got another skill point.[/QUOTE]

Oh, you didn't do it in playthrough 2? Playthrough 1 is gonna suck for everything.

Okay, turns out Knoxx has a farming mission too, actually two of them. I've been so scared of accepting Marcus's missions because those are the ones that can glitch your trophy that I've ignored him. Turns out, before you can even get to those missions, you have to do two annoying ass farming ones. Ugh, this is gonna suck.

the power cores? you will get more than enough, and you actually don't want to turn it in til you need to or else they will stop spawning. the other one isn't really farming as much as killing bad guys, but yeah i guess. not near as bad as zombie brains or claptrap parts tho.

Finally got a better Sniper Rifle, I got it from a mission reward in New Haven. Only holds 3 rounds though so I might re-spec my character for holding bigger magazines.

That level 17 sniper rifle was with me for almost the entire time i've been playing.

[quote name='Velo214']the power cores? you will get more than enough, and you actually don't want to turn it in til you need to or else they will stop spawning. the other one isn't really farming as much as killing bad guys, but yeah i guess. not near as bad as zombie brains or claptrap parts tho.[/QUOTE]

I've already done pretty much all the side missions though, although I'll probably be able to get them all during the Circle of Duty matches.

Just from playing the Knoxx DLC, my SMG proficiency is at 35 from 0 and my combat rifle proficiency is still only at like 38.

Storage deck question, When I fixed Clap Trap I got the mission reward but the storage deck wasn't showing in my inventory. What the?

Does my character have some glitch?

I need to do that as well. I think farming the DLC's would be the best thing to do since you have to be a high level to do them.

I need a better Combat Rifle

[quote name='Koopa22']I need to do that as well. I think farming the DLC's would be the best thing to do since you have to be a high level to do them.

I need a better Combat Rifle[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I think it's harder to do that, I'd love for someone to prove me wrong though. I'm gonna try it out, do like 10 runs or so, and see if I get anything worthwhile. If it's all junk, then I'll say forget it and just move on with the DLCs. What I'm hoping for is a better Hellfire SMG. I got one, but I got it when my level was lower so it does like 98 damage. It still ruins people pretty well, but I'd love to find a better one.

I would also love a combat rifle with just some sort of scope. I forgot if they make those though.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Yeah, but I think it's harder to do that, I'd love for someone to prove me wrong though. I'm gonna try it out, do like 10 runs or so, and see if I get anything worthwhile. If it's all junk, then I'll say forget it and just move on with the DLCs. What I'm hoping for is a better Hellfire SMG. I got one, but I got it when my level was lower so it does like 98 damage. It still ruins people pretty well, but I'd love to find a better one.

I would also love a combat rifle with just some sort of scope. I forgot if they make those though.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, Just maybe the one combat rifle I get will be the pearlescent one :pray:

I'll most likely do the same as you, 10 or so runs and if nothing great i'll be done with it.

[quote name='Koopa22']Maybe, Just maybe the one combat rifle I get will be the pearlescent one :pray:

I'll most likely do the same as you, 10 or so runs and if nothing great i'll be done with it.[/QUOTE]

Haha, you're definitely not gonna get any pearlescent weapons with the video I linked. I'm pretty sure you only get those from Crawmerax or the armory.

Ah crap! I think I've beat Crawmerax a total of 10 times and not once did I get a pearl.

This was on my old Hunter though with +2 rare item drop.

Okay, I just attempted a first run. Good news is I got a pretty sweet rocket launcher, so the weapons are scaled to the level. Bad news is the enemies are too and I got my ass handed to me, so I only opened up one box. Guess it won't be as fast as in the video since I can't phase walk (I'm a soldier).

*edit* Okay, you definitely get some sweet ass guns. I ended up getting a sweet, new Hellfire on my first run, sadly no scope though as well as some other guns and this is still on my first run through.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Okay, I just attempted a first run. Good news is I got a pretty sweet rocket launcher, so the weapons are scaled to the level. Bad news is the enemies are too and I got my ass handed to me, so I only opened up one box. Guess it won't be as fast as in the video since I can't phase walk (I'm a soldier).[/QUOTE]

Looks like I'll be running into the same issue then.

Which works better on the Crimson guys Fire or Acid? I can't remember.

[quote name='Koopa22']Looks like I'll be running into the same issue then.

Which works better on the Crimson guys Fire or Acid? I can't remember.[/QUOTE]

From what I've heard, acid. However, I seem to put them down faster with fire, although I usually leave acid on my turret.

I got a question for you guys. My two Hellfire SMGs both have a x4 fire effect. However, one says high elemental chance while the other says very high elemental chance. Is there an actual difference or is it just how it's worded? Cause that would make my new SMG that much better, despite the lack of scope.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']From what I've heard, acid. However, I seem to put them down faster with fire, although I usually leave acid on my turret.

I got a question for you guys. My two Hellfire SMGs both have a x4 fire effect. However, one says high elemental chance while the other says very high elemental chance. Is there an actual difference or is it just how it's worded? Cause that would make my new SMG that much better, despite the lack of scope.[/QUOTE]

My new sniper rifle says that as well. Not sure if I am just imagining things but it seems that my new rifle always lights them on fire as the other one would only sometimes set them on fire. Both have x4.

*Edit* I think i'll set my turret to acid and just use fire weapons. Let that combo kill them.

[quote name='Koopa22']My new sniper rifle says that as well. Not sure if I am just imagining things but it seems that my new rifle always lights them on fire as the other one would only sometimes set them on fire. Both have x4.

*Edit* I think i'll set my turret to acid and just use fire weapons. Let that combo kill them.[/QUOTE]

Okay, so maybe that affects the chances of them say getting lit on fire while the x4 is how much fire damage it does.

fuck, I'm just getting sniper rifles and shotguns.

I'm not 100% sure though. It could just be wording. or also this
images

Okay, I'm pretty stoked, I found a new combat rifle. Pretty much the same damage, but better accuracy, fire rate, clip size, and even has a scope.

However, I was wondering, what do you think is better?

My current rifle has: 302 damage, 86.7 accuracy, 8.8 fire rate with an 81 clip

or

this other rifle that has: 229 damage, 74.4 accuracy, 8.8 fire rate with an 86 clip BUT has a x2 explosive damage factor.

Would the second rifle end up causing more damage? Thanks for the help.

On another note, I never use revolvers, but I found this one called the Pestilent Defiler and I heard good things about it as it's a x4 acid revolver, and man, when I tried it, this thing puts armored soldiers down! Especially if you get them in criticals, but there's no way this thing is x4, it's gotta be like x6 or somethin.

Just did a quick run in the Crimson whatever, got a few good weapons so i'll do some more runs. Man do these guys get tough, killed a few badass's that dropped a new shield for me along with a sniper rifle and shotgun.

i can give you a good combat rifle, koopa, lets play co op later.
i just farmed minac for claptrap parts 3 hours last night.
i got my 25 cans of oil for lubricated trophy, still need my pizzas and claptrap bobbleheads...

i got a hellfire and a double anarchy but both are low levels like 34...

[quote name='Koopa22']Just did a quick run in the Crimson whatever, got a few good weapons so i'll do some more runs. Man do these guys get tough, killed a few badass's that dropped a new shield for me along with a sniper rifle and shotgun.[/QUOTE]

By the way, what level are you?

Sometimes the soldiers don't spawn in the main room, which is pretty sweet as that's where I mainly fight them if I have too and there's always like 3 Badass Technicians.

But, for real, if you can find it, get a Pestilent Defender. It totally fucks these guys up. Mine is something like 660 damage, six shots, 91.7 accuracy with a 4.1 zoom, I think. With my skills, it bumps the clip size up to 9, and I take them each out really fast. I can only imagine it in the hands of Mordecai.

I'll try to get on tonight Velo, might be drunk and watching football.

I'd probably end up shooting you the entire time wondering why you aren't dieing.

[quote name='Koopa22']I just hit 67, with the +24% mod I was getting crazy xp killing the badass techs.[/QUOTE]

Okay, yeah, so you should be spawning some really good weapons in the Crimson run every now and then cause I'm around there level wise as well.

bread's done
Back