Borderlands CAG Co-op

I think they sold this game bundled with all the dlc on plus for 10 bucks last year. I can't believe people would pay 10 bucks for dlc on a game they are basically renting. These first person shooters give me headaches anymore, will probably never buy one again.

Didnt mean to state the obvious there lol. Yeah I've noticed I'm getting far less xp than I did with pt2.

Edit- I guess what I meant to say is the difficulty jump from pt1 to pt2 is far greater in knoxx than anywhere else in the game, from what I've experienced.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brother Daz']Not yet, just need my lvl 50. I just hit 41 today. A xp boost would be nice.[/QUOTE]

Probably won't be on today. I'm thinking about taking Friday off so I should be on most of the day.

I want to max my soldier out. Been doing a lot of farming.

Right on, I hit 43 last night. I ended up respecing my siren last night. I now have the xp bonus on her which has helped a lot. I'm no longer farming the lost caves, with my xp bonus I'm getting less than 500 xp per kill from those shock crab things. I've been messing around in the dahl headlands but havent found anywhere that is giving me good xp. I know there is that one mission where you first fight the aliens underground so I'm thinking that'll be a good spot to farm some xp for a few. I've also been finding rare weapons like crazy, I have 15 different rare guns now, most of which I'll never use but figured I'd drop them and see if any of you would be interested in them.

Do all the side quest deals. Like shooting 1,000,000,000 rounds or something like that.
Gets you 20,000 xp.

I did this in the vehicle so I didn't lose ammo.

lol anytime I've been in a vehicle I just hold the gun trigger down like you and drive to my next location. Its 20,000 xp for shooting 100,000 rounds I think, last time I checked I was at 85,000 rounds. I've been trying to knock out those challenges as well.

I've been working on my turret challenge. I usually just throw it in a crowd of Scags or something and just watch the xp come in. Also goes to the scag challenge as well.

I found another xp mod, 23% now.

[quote name='Brother Daz']lol anytime I've been in a vehicle I just hold the gun trigger down like you and drive to my next location. Its 20,000 xp for shooting 100,000 rounds I think, last time I checked I was at 85,000 rounds. I've been trying to knock out those challenges as well.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. That was one of the easier challenges that people said you could just tape down the trigger of your gun on a vehicle and let it go for about an hour or two and complete it.

you guys should just play general knoxx playthrough 2 with me. im only 43, but it is tough and i have intuition + catalyst skill mod so +36% xp, +25% skill cooldown for team, and +2 rare item find for team.
peace guys!

-edit- my bad, i just tried that and got my ass handed to me. level 51 crimson lance assasins were the first 2 enemies i saw and i couldnt get more than a few hits of damage on them and ran them over with my car to kill them. that won't work just yet...

instead im gonna run claptrap again on playthrough 2, level 42ish bad guys.
hey brodaz, if i had a ton of collectibles on claptrap in playthrough 1, can i go back to that again and just continue farming for the collectibles? i.e. does each playthrough retain their own mission lists? thanks man. i ask you cuz this is my first time through, and i know you have gone through a bunch. thanx

also yeah i got tons of legendarys i need to unload. i hate selling oranges. iv got some killer pistols/rockets/machine guns i wont use. and some eridian weaponry if ya want it.

[quote name='Velo214']you guys should just play general knoxx playthrough 2 with me. im only 43, but it is tough and i have intuition + catalyst skill mod so +36% xp, +25% skill cooldown for team, and +2 rare item find for team.
peace guys![/QUOTE]

Will we get infected?

I'm actually gonna start the Knoxx DLC on PT2 after I play some Zen Pinball 2 because I'd like some better weapons and maybe level up a couple more times to make the arenas even easier with Bumslie. I heard Crawmerax is a total bitch and that will probably be the only part of the DLC I'll play co-op.

So yeah the Knoxx pt2 says you should be a lvl 51. I tried it at 43 and lasted about 2 seconds in the first fight. Farming the first alien encounter was giving 5k per alien, sucks there are only four in there. I decided to just mow through quests and get my xp that way.

I just hit 45 and am in new haven. I finally found a rare smg that gives 16% ammo regeneration, fuck yeah! Been waiting 45 lvls for one of those.

Too bad Sleeping Dogs doesn't have some sort of multiplayer since I'm having an absolute blast with that. It'd be fun to get a gang made up of fellow CAG's helping take over Hong Kong's streets with me.

Ugh, I definitely need some better weapons. My main machine gun that I've been using has a required level of 32 and I'm 50. Granted, I guess I just never really found anything that I liked better, but man.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Too bad Sleeping Dogs doesn't have some sort of multiplayer since I'm having an absolute blast with that. It'd be fun to get a gang made up of fellow CAG's helping take over Hong Kong's streets with me.[/QUOTE]

it was even miracle that sleeping dogs was released, it was originally under activision, and they canceled it. then square enix picked it up

fuck, somehow I already accepted a Knoxx mission before I even had the DLC when I played co-op when I was trying to get my level 50 trophy done two years ago. This is why I hate playing co-op. Not a huge deal, but still annoying.

yeah. i thought since i was running god mode pretty much on playthrough 1, whats the harm in doing knoxx on pt2? yeah. i got killed instantly over and over and couldn't dent the first 2 crimson lance i saw. ill try that later when im a bit more leveled up. yeah iv got some double anarchys and some tight legendarys to giveya.

and koopa i just reloaded my old save so my mission list is fine now. just back up in case always tho. i make sure to backup to psn+ before i play any co op now on, even if i only play with cags.

I rocked a double anarchy from lvl 15-45, that shit was beast!(48x4 damage) Even the rare regeneration one I'm using now isnt as strong but the regeneration makes up for it. I'd blow through 13k rounds in a couple minutes or so with the DA

i just sold another double anarchy i found. x4 smg damage. horrible aim and lower power, but x4 is sweet.

also you guys done claptrap revolution yet? really quick 5 missions and you get a free skill point. im running it now in playthrough 2. tough, but that's how i love it.

yeah that double anarchy is an ammo hog, but i have a +12 smg with 96 attack that i run with for ammo regen. its ok but no elemental damage, so im slowly moving away from elemental to pure white damage...

Yeah the aim is horrible, that's why I need to run in and dump on their heads. With my critical skill maxed it wipes even the badass guys out quickly.

n yeah i have heard of lots of glitching on knoxx if you play with someone who has already done larceny loot, super marcus rush and it's like christmas. im hoping we can all 3 (koopa, brodaz, me, maybe someone else) run those together so we don't glitch out on them. make sure to backup before hand. hopefully we can do all knoxx playthrough 2 together.

im about to beat claptrap playthrough 2 and beat all the clap trap bosses again and minac.
id love some backup from brodaz or koopa or gettinmoney to beat this big monster.
he was alot easier on pt1... i just hit level 45.

I'll be on in like 3 hours of you still need help. As far as Knoxx goes, I have just completed the mission where you first meet up with moxxi. I think that's the second main quest. I'm right at 45 also.

Wooo, while cleaning up these missions in my mission log in my second playthrough (not really sure why I'm doing it, just making it look good), I got a slightly better machine gun.

yeah i beat all the scooter missions. did you just run past those first 2 crimson assassins that landed? they were tough stuff, i couldnt get any damage on them, and this is coming from killing like crazy on pt1, and doing well on pt2. tough tough stuff so i switched to a quick claptrap for some levels and the skill point.

im so torn cuz i have a 96 damage, regular damage with +16 ammo regen, +40% damage and +55 reload speed. so it reloads like a beast, oh and like 50 ammo, and it constantly makes more ammo than it spits out. (it was stong savior vs blast savior, id been running blast savior last week or so)
but then i also have a gun very similar but only 46 damage, but it is explosive damage so it is yellow and like every few hits causes the bad guys to explode. i might just use both. damn this game is hot.
i am level 25ish proficiency with smgs, so i try to use those the most, except when i am mid boss fight and cant wait for ammo regen. but i found this accurate, slow smg with a rifle sight and it is great for those accuracy shots, oh and it's corrosive damage, so that's good for headshotting crimson haven. yup

i want a hellfire or tsunami

What level are you now, Velo? That gun does not honestly sound that great. I just picked up an SMG that does about 140 damage, I think, although I don't remember the other modifiers.

And also, since you guys just played through the game recently, do you remember how to lower the bridges in Rust Commons West? I have no idea and I got a ton of missions that I need to complete on that side of the area. At one of them, a Claptrap said it was too dangerous.

Im level 45. yeah the 45 damage smg isnt that great, but the blast and ammo regen is sweet.
iv also got a good shock, corrosive and fire smgs. lol. i still run with phoenix mostly, with spark and inner glow and diva. iv got catalyst for +25% cooldown/etcetc iv been running same class mod forawhile for that xp% bonus and +2 rare item find and +3 phoenix/intuition/diva.

i have higher damage smgs, but i dont go for just high damage. i try to avoid scopes and i go for elementals. i think the double anarchy im running is 56 damage. but that's x4 so it really chews them up. altho it eats my ammo so fast. even that general knox trap i ran out of ammo solo and had to resort to sniping him and shotgunning.

gettingmoney i think those missions are all story related... if you just do the main story missions and beat krom/etc vault keys the claptraps should lower the bridge for ya. check out new haven and helena pierce etc.

hey gettingmoney, if we play with you will we get that general knoxx mission glitch you said you had, or will it not mess our file up? ill backup just in case ;) i heard those knoxx missions are very glitchable if you play with someone that has finished them.

[quote name='Velo214']Im level 45. yeah the 45 damage smg isnt that great, but the blast and ammo regen is sweet.
iv also got a good shock, corrosive and fire smgs. lol. i still run with phoenix mostly, with spark and inner glow and diva. iv got catalyst for +25% cooldown/etcetc iv been running same class mod forawhile for that xp% bonus and +2 rare item find and +3 phoenix/intuition/diva.

i have higher damage smgs, but i dont go for just high damage. i try to avoid scopes and i go for elementals. i think the double anarchy im running is 56 damage. but that's x4 so it really chews them up. altho it eats my ammo so fast. even that general knox trap i ran out of ammo solo and had to resort to sniping him and shotgunning.

gettingmoney i think those missions are all story related... if you just do the main story missions and beat krom/etc vault keys the claptraps should lower the bridge for ya. check out new haven and helena pierce etc.[/QUOTE]

Well, the thing is, when I was going for my level 50 trophy a long ass time ago, I joined a bunch of different co-op games to try and get XP so I got a bunch of different open missions, so I'm not actually playing the game through from start to finish, I'm just clearing up the hodgepodge (I don't think I've ever actually used that word) of open missions in my mission log before I do these last two DLC's.

I have a mod that has +11 Team Ammo Regeneration, even though I almost never play co-op, but even so, my ammo gets replenished almost as soon as I use it. I fuckin love it.

*edit* Okay, as I turn in some of these side missions, main missions are being given to me so I guess I am doing some playthrough 2. Ah well, it'll level me up some for when I do Knoxx. And yeah, Velo, you were right. I got the mission to kill Krom and as soon as I did that, the bridges got dropped. Thanks.

i keep using the word clap trap in conversation with my wife and it drives her crazy. im like no, hippie clap trap is a common phrase and i always use it. lol

brodaz and i are gonna plat this game tonite.

edit - roland and lilith just got it on @ moxxi's redlight onstage.

Okay, I think I understand the appeal behind looting. I just got an awesome machine gun (maybe not super awesome in general, but markedly better than the one I was using) and I'm super stoked about it. Granted, I still wouldn't be able to farm for hours just to get the best equipment but I'm happy.

And congrats on your platinum, Velo.

Thanks guys. I think the lvl cap is 69

Btw sorry about the lag, I don't have the best connection for 3 players with all that shit going on.

[quote name='Velo214']i keep using the word clap trap in conversation with my wife and it drives her crazy. im like no, hippie clap trap is a common phrase and i always use it. lol

brodaz and i are gonna plat this game tonite.

edit - roland and lilith just got it on @ moxxi's redlight onstage.[/QUOTE]

Wouldve been a 3way if the other Lilith joined, Roland is a player.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Thanks guys. I think the lvl cap is 69

Btw sorry about the lag, I don't have the best connection for 3 players with all that shit going on.[/QUOTE]

I couldnt even see the last boss, he left a flame trail from my turret so i just shot at it. Lol

Congrats on the Platinum!

7 levels for me, 45-52. Glad you were helping us koopa. Velo and I wouldn't have stood a snowballs chance in hell together. You carried us the whole time. It wasn't until I hit 51 or so before I started doing actual damage.

[quote name='Brother Daz']7 levels for me, 45-52. Glad you were helping us koopa. Velo and I wouldn't have stood a snowballs chance in hell together. You carried us the whole time. It wasn't until I hit 51 or so before I started doing actual damage.[/QUOTE]

Damn, you went through 7 late levels in one session? I wish I could do co-op but I don't like rushing through missions and I'm a completionist so I gotta do every single little side mission as well.

[quote name='YBX87']it was even miracle that sleeping dogs was released, it was originally under activision, and they canceled it. then square enix picked it up[/QUOTE]
Yeah. It was originally a True Crime game. I know the whole back story behind the game. It just seems weird to me that they wouldn't put some form of multiplayer into it. Then again, Squenix didn't put mp in Just Cause 2 and that game was still really good without it. Albeit some folks programmed a multiplayer free roam clusterfuck mode for PC for JC2 now.

But according to Jodou it's like unranked deathmatch, where everybody is trying to kill everyone else and that sorta thing just annoys the fuck outta me.

yep 6 levels for me, 45->51. i know we will get 61 if we want it, farming crawmerax soon enough.
i did nothing last night, i was dead weight the whole time. having enemies out of your level range is just trouble enough to stay alive, like brodaz said, i barely touched them til the last 20 minutes or so.

ill try to knock out a few knoxx sidemisisons today so i am more up to level.
it was particularly bad for my skill layout, of which there are no skill reset points on the dlc, ugh, so i was stuck with intuition/phoenix/ and girl power and my catalyst mod, which was nice for rare items and skill cooldown, but i never got a kill so my powers were never utilized. ill respec for later. peace

[quote name='KingBroly']MP in Just Cause 2 should've been: 48-player matches, 16 players per area on the same map.[/QUOTE]
But that's the thing. It was a user created mod for the PC version. But if Squenix were to have actually created the mp themselves, it would've been nice to be able to switch up Rico's outfit to something camo and then be able to grab a sniper and just hide out in the jungle undergrowth and pick other players off.;)

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Forgive the dumb question, but how do you re-spec?[/QUOTE]
Go to any fast travel pole and hit r1. This will bring up the menu for changing your colors, at the very bottom is the option to respec. (for a small fee)

You should join us sometime. I'm am the same way with missions. I like doing everything. With 4 of us we should be able to find some really good loot playing Knoxx.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Go to any fast travel pole and hit r1. This will bring up the menu for changing your colors, at the very bottom is the option to respec. (for a small fee)

You should join us sometime. I'm am the same way with missions. I like doing everything. With 4 of us we should be able to find some really good loot playing Knoxx.[/QUOTE]

Oh right, right, I don't think I want to re-spec, I was just wondering.

And about that, I like reading every single mission log when it's handed to you and when it's completed and I generally take my time through the missions. That's why I don't really do co-op. If they didn't add all your co-op persons open missions to your mission log, then I'd be more open to it. So it's nothin personal, just my personal weirdnesses.

Like right now, it acts as if I already started the Fort Knoxx DLC and didn't show the intro video or any of the intro stuff. That shit pisses me off. Actually, I'm almost done with playthrough 2, I'll just finish it and start this DLC on playthrough 2.5. Probably gonna be hard as fuck though.

bread's done
Back