Borderlands discussion - Is Moxxi hot or not?

[quote name='CaptainJoel']The only place that really gave me any problems was when I fought One Eyed Jack. Other than that, I didn't die until the end.. I got knocked off a cliff. :([/QUOTE]

See, I had the most trouble with Sledge myself, must have died 6 times or something. I learned to keep my distance.;)

[quote name='Spybreak8']See, I had the most trouble with Sledge myself, must have died 6 times or something. I learned to keep my distance.;)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I know what you mean there, too. I played most of my boss battles up close except that one because I watched my lvl. 50 friend take him on and he got annhiliated because he got up in his face.

Distance seemed like the best thing in this game, for the most part anyways. I destroyed Baron Flynt with my melee attacks, though.

[quote name='bs000']I is late to teh party. I has no one to play with. Is anyone else just starting? Can I play with you? D:[/QUOTE]

send me a ms and I'll put in a couple hours with you o break from MW2

Is this a known glitch?

I started a new character, played online with him once and then started my solo game. EVERY SINGLE mission seems to be available on my list and I'm being mauled by level 20+ characters while I'm at level 6. I'm in a nearly unplayable state here.

found a list of legendary sniper rifles but i dont know where to get them
are there level requirements for each rifle? and can i get them anytime during the game?
thx in adv

Atlas
CVL25 Fearsome Cyclops: Sniper rifle; high damage and explosive attack, 3x Explosive element

Dahl
LBD Fearsome Penetrator: Sniper rifle; large magazine and high fire rate, 2x Fire element

Hyperion
PPZ1270.G Fearsome Executioner: Sniper rifle; large magazine and five shot burst while zoomed
LB1170.G Fearsome Executioner: Sniper rifle; large magazine and five shot burst zoomed, 3x Fire element

Jakobs
VRR29 ZZ Fearsome Skullmasher: Sniper rifle; multiple projectiles
GGN20 Long Skullmasher: Sniper rifle; multiple projectiles

Maliwan
DVL350 C Fearsome Volcano: Sniper rifle; powerful incendiary attack, 4x Fire element
GGN30 Solid Volcano: Sniper rifle; powerful incendiary attack, 4x Fire element

SES Munitions
PPZ470.3 Fearsome Orion: Sniper rifle; large magazine and shock projectiles, 3x Shock element
PPZ7 Fearsome Orion: Sniper rifle; large magazine and shock projectiles, 3x Shock element

Torgue
LB570 Fearsome Cobra: Sniper rifle; powerful explosive attack but slow fire, 4x Explosive element

[quote name='SumOG']found a list of legendary sniper rifles but i dont know where to get them
are there level requirements for each rifle? and can i get them anytime during the game?
thx in adv[/QUOTE]

I believe they're randomly generated. I'm a 50 sniper, played coop with a buddy of mine and we've almost completed the second playthrough. In all my time, I've only ever found the Volcano ones you listed. However, I found 3 of them. Two from machines, one a random drop in a bandit camp. Best advice I have is to just keep looting, and check all machines when you pass em. Never know when there's gonna be a gem for sale.

Just beat it with a level 37 sniper. Found only ONE legendary weapon but it didnt matter cause I had a sniper rifle with 458 damage, alien gun with 883 damage, combat rifle with 159 damage and an smg with 2x 101 damage. I was using the sniper rifle about 90% of the time. The final boss took about 15 or 20 critical hit shots from the sniper rifle (i didnt even have to zoom) and died. I didnt even move i just stood there and pulled the trigger through almost 2 clips and it was dead. Weak sauce.
Also there wasnt shit in the vault or you dont go in or i dont know what. In the beginning it talks about the vault having weapons and riches and not a fucking thing was to be found. Also, why guard the key when the thing the key went into got royaly fucked by the final boss?
I loved playing through it but the end was poopy and the
angel bitch in the satellite was dumb and I didnt understand the ninja clap trap at the welcome sign.
I even went
back to the welcome sign & the first clap trap and that motherfucker was NOT a ninja.
Time for MW2...

Can you not play on XBox live if you're trying to play with 2 friends on the same XBox? (ie: I am trying to play on Live on my Xbox with my 2 brothers who share an Xbox.)

[quote name='coma8']Can you not play on XBox live if you're trying to play with 2 friends on the same XBox? (ie: I am trying to play on Live on my Xbox with my 2 brothers who share an Xbox.)[/QUOTE]
No, you cannot.

Unfortunately MW2 is eating up most (if not all) of my time. I really want to be playing Borderlands but most of my friends that I co-op with have also had their time stolen by said juggernaut. I'll definitely get back into it in December though as well as next year.

Finally Today Level 50 Sniper, if anyone is on their 2nd play through and would like the help so I can beat this game on second play through please let me know, I don't care for any loot except for A better Sniper Rifle than I have (Fearsome Volcano 4x fire 5xx damage)

During my second playthrough, I've maxed out the siren to level 50 and maxed out my money, but I have not finished the game.

Sooooo....other than the co-op/multiplayer feature or using a different character, is there any point to continue my solo endeavor? Don't get me wrong, I love the game, it just seems that without a reward for quest completion, killing stuff, etc. it may be time for me to move onto something else.

Well, at least until the Zombie Island DLC is available.

Also, dumb question, but would I be able to use the (for lack of a better term) "PS2 Champions of Norrath" cheat if I wanted to start with one of the other characters (i. e. level 50 character just drops all the good stuff for the level 1 character, but still retains it once you remove her from the game. Level 1 character can just sell it all for cash or whatever)?

[quote name='grundy']During my second playthrough, I've maxed out the siren to level 50 and maxed out my money, but I have not finished the game.

Sooooo....other than the co-op/multiplayer feature or using a different character, is there any point to continue my solo endeavor? Don't get me wrong, I love the game, it just seems that without a reward for quest completion, killing stuff, etc. it may be time for me to move onto something else.

Well, at least until the Zombie Island DLC is available.

Also, dumb question, but would I be able to use the (for lack of a better term) "PS2 Champions of Norrath" cheat if I wanted to start with one of the other characters (i. e. level 50 character just drops all the good stuff for the level 1 character, but still retains it once you remove her from the game. Level 1 character can just sell it all for cash or whatever)?[/QUOTE]
Yes, you can use the Norrath cheat. You'll just need a friend to do it with you. You'll also earn a crap load of XP for it.

Finally got the Facemelter achievement after creating a new Soldier, got it to level 25 before the achievement rang up, I couldn't find any corrosive weapons for a long while.

I'm 49 (and 7 out of 10 bars) on my Hunter and will probably get that to 50 tonight to get all the achievements. Hopefully the DLC will be good.

I've been playing through this with a friend, it's been great.

I had a question on item mods. Just so I'm clear...

minus recoil reduction is a bad thing. Example: -50% recoil reduction is making my recoil recovery take longer
plus recoil reduction is a good thing. +50% recoil reduction makes my gun recover faster

correct?

Now, onto action skill cooldown:

minus action cooldown is bad. -25% cooldown is bad (i.e. 12.5 seconds vs. 10)
plus action cooldown is good. +25% cooldown is good (i.e. 7.5 seconds vs. 10)

right?

They could word some of the mods a little better hehe

Ruahrc

Im loving this so far and i havent even tried co-op yet. Im a level 26 Soldier and just finnishing up the new haven quest line.

[quote name='Ruahrc']I've been playing through this with a friend, it's been great.

I had a question on item mods. Just so I'm clear...

minus recoil reduction is a bad thing. Example: -50% recoil reduction is making my recoil recovery take longer
plus recoil reduction is a good thing. +50% recoil reduction makes my gun recover faster

correct?

Now, onto action skill cooldown:

minus action cooldown is bad. -25% cooldown is bad (i.e. 12.5 seconds vs. 10)
plus action cooldown is good. +25% cooldown is good (i.e. 7.5 seconds vs. 10)

right?

They could word some of the mods a little better hehe

Ruahrc[/QUOTE]

Correct, you WANT a reduction in recoil, not an increase, and you want to potentiate cooldown, not inhibit it.

After getting to 50 with all four characters during two playthroughs (I've only played co-op with my roomate, we each have two), finding ballin' ass guns for all of them, maxing out all the money, and getting all the achievements, I've kinda grown tired of it. However now that the Zombie Island is out I'll be right back on the saddle.

Son of a bitch, the DLC added 125 more achievement points. I heard they didn't raise the level cap but more quests, dungeons and loot sound enough for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the Gearbox forums people are saying that you can rush through the story quests in about an hour and a half. If you do sidequests and explore the levels, 4-5 hours maybe.

Going through Dr.Ned's and man the zombies definitely put up a different challenge versus the usual fare. That and I just came across
Harry AKA Shaggy's tape recordings. The writing is alot more fun in this one.
So all it is, is more Borderlands and I can easily live with that.

[quote name='johnmirra']ill be getting the dlc sometime this weekend, cant wait. For those who already have it, how is it accessed?[/QUOTE]

Just fast travel to it from a New-U station.

I'm only up to New Haven in the main game, but the DLC seems to have overall better quests/story than the main game. The setting and enemies are a nice change in pace from the Pandora bandits/skags.

It's too bad they didn't put in new weapon types.

Definitely seems up to par with Pointlookout/Broken Steel for Fallout3.

It does seem like they put extra effort into the story and characterization in the DLC. I don't really get how the level scaling works though; as a level 50 Siren on second playthrough, I never encountered an enemy higher than level 45 in any of the story quests. It was still fun but I kept waiting for the higher level enemies to show up and offer an actual challenge (and some higher level loot).

i feel like i have been using the same weapon set forever now and im level 29, hopefully some new stuff shows up for me soon, im not doing the sort of damage i was doing to the enemies when they and i were a lower level.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']It does seem like they put extra effort into the story and characterization in the DLC. I don't really get how the level scaling works though; as a level 50 Siren on second playthrough, I never encountered an enemy higher than level 45 in any of the story quests. It was still fun but I kept waiting for the higher level enemies to show up and offer an actual challenge (and some higher level loot).[/QUOTE]
Playing it on my friend's Playthrough 3 and every enemy is either level 50 or 51. It makes things ALOT more fun and kind of the way it should be.

[quote name='bardockkun']Playing it on my friend's Playthrough 3 and every enemy is either level 50 or 51. It makes things ALOT more fun and kind of the way it should be.[/QUOTE]
Cool, I'll definitely have to run through it again after finishing up the second playthrough.

I got the DLC and it's ridiculously short... I beat everything except the Braaaaaains mission in about 2 hours. Kind of disappointing, but the bact that there seems to be more writing in the DLC makes me happy.. and the cutscenes make me laugh my ass off.

I wish I could find better weapons, though.. nothing seems to really be special or different. I've only found one gun that I really want at all and it didn't have any particularly great stats.

Loved the DLC. It definitley was short, but I was still impressed with how much effort they put into it. They made several new territories and enemies which keeps it pretty fresh. I guess I just love ANYTHING new remotely related to Borderlands.

Put like 6-7 hours into this yesterday with a friend and my son. Loads of fun. lvl 15 so far. Playing more tonight. I think we will be getting the DLC too.

QUESTION:

My Uncles girlfriend works for Take-Two and has got me Liberty City Stories and Borderlands for free. Now I live in a dorm with absolutely terrible internet literally can't play anything online so is it worth me keeping? I won't be able to co-op with anyone.

bread's done
Back