Borderlands discussion - Is Moxxi hot or not?

Yeah, I just found out a couple hours ago. Hopefully it's up a little after 3AM (EST), but I guess a lot of DLC doesn't hit the marketplace until mid-day (or so I've heard).

yeah it normally does, there was nothing around 3am est. i just checked now and some new dlc popped up but no knox yet. and now i have to go to work, so watch it release while im there.

Very excited about this. It sounds awesome. I wish they would go in an tweek Mad Moxx to make that DLC worth buying. Ie allow lvling & put in cool weapon drops. I will grab this DLC for sure. I hope there are longer quests like the Braaaaiiiins type quests but better even. Also didnt they say new vehicles?

there's still Dahl Headlands & Crimson Fastness, though consider when you're in the expanded DLC the level of the items farmed in New Haven won't be any good. They also said it will be adjusted, you can still probably farm them for cash and then spend it in the Underdome.

looking forward to insane backfliping hot ninja lance women with laser swords.

[quote name='100xp']there's still Dahl Headlands & Crimson Fastness, though consider when you're in the expanded DLC the level of the items farmed in New Haven won't be any good.[/QUOTE]
True, I guess it was about to be obsolete anyway. I'm glad I did a few final runs last night, found a pretty decent repeater and a nice corrosive shotgun.

My feeling is that Siren is the best, followed by Hunter, and the other two are a little underpowered in comparison. But you should try them all and see what suits your play style.

I checked out the new update briefly.

I had a assault rifle that I got from someone a long time ago that seemed a little too good. It's gone with the update, so I assume that means it was indeed modded. I think I also lost a grenade modification, but that was just a run of the mill drop, so not sure why that vanished.

Gladded they buffed shock. My main was a Siren and shock was terrible for 90% of the game. Then on the final shielded enemies it was just ok.

My main quest in the Moxxi DLC is still bugged, so they didn't fix that (the patch notes didn't indicate they did).

The new DLC looks like it's going to be sweet.

Well, posters on the Gearbox forums are saying that it's up and they're downloading it now, but I still can't see it on the Marketplace website.

D/L-ing now. Awesome description too:
Borderlands goes to ELEVEN! You may have seen some games raise their level cap by 5, or maybe even 10, but with The Crimson Lance Assassination Squads wreaking havoc and Crawmerax the Invincible being all invulnerable and stuff we knew you'd need more than just 10. And that's why Borderlands goes to ELEVEN! The Secret Armory of General Knoxx is an addon pack for Borderlands that adds new guns, new Class Mods, new vehicles, new missions, new enemy types, and increases the level cap to 61. In other words…best addon ever. Of all time. Forever. The End. ELEVEN!

I wonder if they will ever fix that vending machine on the Neds DLC. The one that is broke till you fix it then breaks again for good. It had some gear I really wanted.

Knoxx is available now!

If you're still having problems, see if this works:

Go to Marketplace (console)... Game Add-Ons > Browse > Borderlands

It's at the top of the Borderlands content page, NOT on the All Content page.

Wish they'd get the website sorted out. I like to queue everything up in advance so the download can start rolling as soon as I turn on the console.

ETA: I was just able to buy the new DLC on Xbox.com by navigating to Borderlands content and then changing the view from "All" to "Game Add-ons."

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ichigo1993']phew...1.66GB! Time to delete some stuff on my HDD.[/QUOTE]
Jesus Christ! This one of those days where I'm thankful for having an Elite.

[quote name='bardockkun']Jesus Christ! This one of those days where I'm thankful for having an Elite.[/QUOTE]

im running out of room on mine too.

Christ. 1.6 GB?

Dear Microsoft:

Please give me the option to buy a 1st party hard drive separately that's bigger than 60 GB and has the data transfer cable.

Lol I just got back to normal speeds after downloading too much with my ISP. This isn't going to help but god damn it I'm downloading this!

Just queued this up, hope to have it to play tonight when I get home from work. Perfect use for the 400 points I just won in a text contest and 330 from the rewards program trial.

Well, I'm let down so far; there's a big emphasis placed on driving, and that's probably one of the worst parts in the game (IMO). Will reserve final judgment for when I beat it though.

Played the new DLC for 3 hours or so. It starts out a little rough. At lvl 50 you are weak versus the first batch of enemies you come up against (51 and 52s). I also haven't played for a while, so I sorta forgot how to play (and how to duck). So it starts off pretty hard. At first it seems like they expected you to use vehicles a lot, but then I just started racing through the highways and running from the enemies which actually works very well, so I'm not sure they intended you to fight guys or run. I did die a couple times from my vehicle blowing up and killing me which is sorta annoying.

The first main quest which is to rescue this girl is multi part, very long, and pretty awesome. There was a part when I almost threw my controller in the air, haha. It reminds me of the last quest sequence of the game. I was planning on stopping at about 10 pm, but played another hour because I was in the middle of a long quest. Once I hit level 52 and then 53 everything got much easier and I am sailing through.

Like the Zombie DLC, quest wise, it's shaping up to be better than the main game. And this time the extended level cap and new weapons gives you reason to play at 50. (I believe it's designed to be played after the main game, not sure if you actually have to beat the game once to play it.)

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Driving is definitely the one thing I hated about this game. If the DLC has a heavy emphasis on it, that stinks.[/QUOTE]

I never drove when I played co-op, always let a friend drive.

Tangent, I just got American Psycho on Blu-Ray from Netflix today, will watch it tomorrow night after a Heavy Rain session.

I like how the enemies in Knoxx are generally 2-3 levels above you, makes for a good challenge and a refreshing change from the main game. However, I'm pretty far into the quest line and I have yet to find a single gun, shield, or class mod that's any better than what I already had coming in. Even the level 56 stuff I've come across has been weak compared to my current level 48 gear.

So I have been trying to fight the "secret boss". The boss is a pain in the ass and if anyone else has encountered it and had any success, please pm me and let me know. Haven't even really put a dent in the health and wasted about $5 to 6 million respawning with no luck.

[quote name='grundy']PLEASE tell me there is a way to destroy those goddamn drone generators on the highway :bomb:[/QUOTE]

They have high shields and fairly low health so if you have a good shock weapon you can take down their shields pretty fast. I think they are supposed to be hard, since you can run into lvl 53 ones, when fighting lvl 51 guys. To some extent the DLC starts off as a gear check. I have an awesome orange flame repeater pistol, so anyone weak to fire is really simple for me. The flame resistant guys and bots are much harder and take 3-5 times longer to kill.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I like how the enemies in Knoxx are generally 2-3 levels above you, makes for a good challenge and a refreshing change from the main game. However, I'm pretty far into the quest line and I have yet to find a single gun, shield, or class mod that's any better than what I already had coming in. Even the level 56 stuff I've come across has been weak compared to my current level 48 gear.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, you will find some really good stuff soon. I felt the same way for a while, but now the majority of my stuff is just amazing that I have been finding in the level 56-61 range. It may help if you have a Hunter character with the +find rare item mod class on, my brother has one and with 3 characters that were 57+ in a room (all now 61, but not when we got the best loot) we were getting a lot of great weapons from crates.

I don't think we had a single one that was dropped by an enemy worth picking up unless we were just selling it including the bigger enemy characters and bosses.

That might be my problem, I've been playing by myself-- I like to do the story bits alone before doing the side missions and stuff in co op. Speaking of story, I'm liking how this DLC continues the story from the main game and introduces relationships between characters we already knew. Bringing back Moxxi from the second DLC to play a larger role here was a stroke of genius.

God, now I need to get this game again to play this DLC. Seems like it will be a lot of fun.

And does anyone know the song in the trailer? Is it an actual song or just something created for the trailer? Damn it's catchy.

Ok I have googled and everything and I cannot find an answer to my question. Does the new dlc cater to your level or do you have to be 48-50 to survive in the new dlc? I am level 41 so is my buddy can we go and start this dlc given our levels.

bread's done
Back