Borderlands 'GOTY Edition' - All DLC included $59.99 (PS3/360) $49.99 (PC) ~October

Tgebbs

CAGiversary!
http://kotaku.com/5625723/borderlands-is-officially-going-game-of-the-year-this-october

Not a deal, but wanted to make it known for anyone interested in picking this game up or buying the DLC.

Borderlands now $40 MSRP, + $10 for each of the 4 DLC (one is yet to be released). So this is a better value, hoping to see the GOTY edition drop in price quickly. Edit: also includes "one new bonus map that is, according to Gearbox, "awesome.""

Also, Dragon Age: Origins is also getting a complete 'Ultimate' edition mid-October, so that's another one to watch for.

[quote name='rayne117']Really? Being an asshole is following the rules?

How about this: This post should not be here. It is not a deal.

See? Not snarky at all.[/QUOTE]

No, but refer to the first few posts after the OP. It's considered a deal, 4 DLCs = $40, Borderlands = $40 MSRP(sure you can buy it used for $25 or so). That's $80 vs. $60 for GOTY which will most likely have the DLC on a disc which is better then just a downloaded version. So yeah saving $20 is considered a deal to me IF you don't have Borderlands already.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']No, but refer to the first few posts after the OP. It's considered a deal, 4 DLCs = $40, Borderlands = $40 MSRP(sure you can buy it used for $25 or so). That's $80 vs. $60 for GOTY which will most likely have the DLC on a disc which is better then just a downloaded version. So yeah saving $20 is considered a deal to me IF you don't have Borderlands already.[/QUOTE]The problem is that this forum never literally defined what is and isn't a "deal".

In general, an across-the-boards price cut shouldn't be considered a deal IMO as you can get the game for the same price everywhere. Otherwise we'd have a countless amount of new threads every time each game gets a universal price drop.

I'd really wish they'd add a "MSRP is not considered a deal" rule to the top of this forum but a select few seem to have enough problems following the two existing rules.

I love how this thread is persisting through arguments about how it shouldn't exist.

Trust me, this is the last time I create another thread, deal or not.

Just trying to justify to myself that I wasn't completely in the wrong here- there are constantly threads about pre-order bonuses and collector edition SKUs (@MSRP) that never seem to catch as much crap. I made the call that even though there isn't 'deal' on this yet, it would be great to inform the community that there is an upcoming SKU to better influence their purchasing decisions about Borderlands. That's all.

I don't even think anyone should buy this for $60, since it will likely become a deal, or it'd be a great thing to use some amazon / kmart giftcards on to reduce the price if you don't want to wait.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']No, but refer to the first few posts after the OP. It's considered a deal, 4 DLCs = $40, Borderlands = $40 MSRP(sure you can buy it used for $25 or so). That's $80 vs. $60 for GOTY which will most likely have the DLC on a disc which is better then just a downloaded version. So yeah saving $20 is considered a deal to me IF you don't have Borderlands already.[/QUOTE]

The DLC is not on the disc from everything I've read. It's codes, at least for X360. There is some confusion on PS3 through. I'd much rather it be on disc, so here's to hoping.

[quote name='rapsodist']Just an update for anybody else looking to get the original version of Borderlands: the MSRP has dropped to $29.99. The new price is reflected at Amazon and Gamestop.

X360:
http://www.amazon.com/Borderlands-Xbox-360/dp/B000WMEEB2/
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=68442

PS3:
http://www.amazon.com/Borderlands-Playstation-3/dp/B000WMEEBM/
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=11578[/QUOTE]
LOL at the used price being more than new. Oh Gamestop, you are so silly.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']People on CAG sure know how to be assholes. :roll:[/QUOTE]

You are correct about that, just block them, that is what I do. I think it is something they lack in the real world, maybe social inadequacies or physical LOL....

Thanks to the OP for atleast the heads up.

[quote name='rayne117']Really? Being an asshole is following the rules?

How about this: This post should not be here. It is not a deal.

See? Not snarky at all.[/QUOTE]

2 Wrongs do not make a right.... Someone breaks the rules the mod's deal with them that is what they are here for.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']People on CAG sure know how to be assholes. :roll:[/QUOTE]

What was your first clue? ;)

Of course, when compared to other forums (especially ones where the mods are just as bad as the posters), CAG is pretty tame.

I don't like how this game was "consolized" in it's PC port. Mouse movement never doesn't feel right even after tweaking the .ini file.

Not to mention currently it keeps crashing on my PC even though I have NO ISSUES w/ other PC games. I think it's a driver/programming/fan tweaking issue. I gotta investigate it further. Overall otherwise what I have played has been great so far.

No I don't have consoles...just poor PC ports.

Last edited by a moderator:
dlc sale in august? for borderlands dlc? or for re5 dlc? they just put the re5 dlc on sale again this week, so i know that isn't right. i dont remember a dragon age or borderlands dlc sale for ps3 but maybe im incorrect? what ps3 dlc sale in august did i miss again?

[quote name='Velo214']dlc sale in august? for borderlands dlc? or for re5 dlc? they just put the re5 dlc on sale again this week, so i know that isn't right. i dont remember a dragon age or borderlands dlc sale for ps3 but maybe im incorrect? what ps3 dlc sale in august did i miss again?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if he misspoke or you misread, but both of those sales were for the 360.

Just deleted a bunch of useless posts about whether this constitutes a deal or not. Guys, stop complaining about stupid things. This isn't a GREAT deal or sale, but it's absolutely fine to post about a new bundle and the price at which it's coming out.

bread's done
Back