Boston Marathon Bombing - Three dead 175+ injured

[quote name='bigdaddy']No fuck, but they were shooting at him last night and missed 250 times? I mean really. What the fuck.[/QUOTE]

This is real life, not the Walking Dead. Most cops only fire their weapons when they have to qualify once a year.

[quote name='dohdough']This is real life, not the Walking Dead. Most cops only fire their weapons when they have to qualify once a year.[/QUOTE]

Just letting him drive away though and no cop to follow him? You'd think atleast one cop would have jumped in his cruiser and chased after the suspect.

[quote name='dohdough']This is real life, not the Walking Dead. Most cops only fire their weapons when they have to qualify once a year.[/QUOTE]

Bingo. Police accuracy in the real world ain't got shit on Charlie Bronson, yo.

Hope things are kosher for you, dohdough.

Here's the detailed timeline that CNN put together of last night and today's activities. The younger brother apparently ran over the older one as he attempted to escape.

I guess Boston Police are asking people to stop posting police scanner talk on social media. I wonder if there is any chance he is being helped or has access to a phone that he can monitor social media sites.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I guess Boston Police are asking people to stop posting police scanner talk on social media. I wonder if there is any chance he is being helped or has access to a phone that he can monitor social media sites.[/QUOTE]

From the last report I read it sounds like it won't help him, as police pulled the cover off the boat and indicated the perp's not moving.

must have a sick ass battery in that phone. what a joke. it would be dead by now..

I mean how many shots bes fired, how many grenades and bombs. either this is crazy messed up and he has an infinite ammo cheat on, or he may have had ammo caches all over the damn place?

he may have had more than one cell phone. turned one off and used one up then turned the other on... but its a stretch.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Just letting him drive away though and no cop to follow him? You'd think atleast one cop would have jumped in his cruiser and chased after the suspect.[/QUOTE]
Again, this is real life. Things don't always go smoothly or according to movie logic

[quote name='mykevermin']Bingo. Police accuracy in the real world ain't got shit on Charlie Bronson, yo.

Hope things are kosher for you, dohdough.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, but I'm good. I have family 2 blocks away from the boat though.:cry:

Aside: I'm turning off the live feed and staying away from live news because I don't relish seeing someone killed in real time...no matter who it is.

I really hope they can capture this guy without him dying. The past 24 hours remind me of what happened with Christopher Dorner.

Light up the boat with .... inaudible..

we cant we will need substantial distance.

Thats OK FBI wants the "SUN" on the boat. They are requesting it.

Just rocket launch into the boat.

But if he was hiding here since midnight why didn't the helicopters find him with heat seeking crap?

[quote name='bigdaddy']Just rocket launch into the boat.

But if he was hiding here since midnight why didn't the helicopters find him with heat seeking crap?[/QUOTE]
Because 1: people heavily overestimate the effectiveness of thermal imaging and 2: it was foggy as fuck last night/this morning.

media is trying to sneak end from other end of road..

Sir we need you to shut down your com mic..its being broadcast on the internet.

Large amounts of blood, some movement, hostage negotiation team, loud bangs....

I'm guessing he is still alive?

Some reports state that he might be wearing a suicide vest....

[quote name='The Crotch']Because 1: people heavily overestimate the effectiveness of thermal imaging and 2: it was foggy as fuck last night/this morning.[/QUOTE]

Oh yes, spring in Boston.

NBC had some local news guy from Boston say the person in the boat, who is most likely the terrorist, is covered in blood.

Coworker lives less than a mile from the boat. I'm glad they got the guy, I just hope this ends without further bloodshed (other than the douchebag of course). He better not have a fucking bomb or anything. fucking bastard.

View of the boat this is going down at.. thanks google earth!

chechen_boat_zps2144f12e.jpg

[quote name='GBAstar']Stupid Question:

I know the news feed says "LIVE" but is it actually live or is their a delay?[/QUOTE]

the news feed or the scanner feed?

the scanner is most likely coming from the helicopter which is open due to communicating to many departments.. it was just found and linked I believe.
\

Minimal delay on that scanner feed I believe.

[quote name='GBAstar']Stupid Question:

I know the news feed says "LIVE" but is it actually live or is their a delay?[/QUOTE]

I believe that there's an industry standard of a 7 second delay.

The coverage on Reddit puts the cable news channels' attempts to shame. Other than mods censoring specific addresses and tactical locations (fair enough) and the heavy traffic getting onto the site, it just gets right to the damn point with little to no speculation/filler B.S.

[quote name='dohdough']I believe that there's an industry standard of a 7 second delay.[/QUOTE]

Unless you're Fox News and some guy runs out in a field and caps himself in the head.

[quote name='dohdough']I believe that there's an industry standard of a 7 second delay.[/QUOTE]

I'm watching WCVB an ABC affiliate on my computer.

I thought they'd put program a few seconds worth of delay to prepare for a worse case scenario but then again I've seen some dumb shit televised.

Makes sense that scanner feeds would be running in real time though.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Unless you're Fox News and some guy runs out in a field and caps himself in the head.[/QUOTE]

No, they still had the delay, but the production crew were somehow too slow to react. That's why Shep Smith was screaming for them to kill the feed seconds before it actually aired. I hate Faux Newbz as much as anyone, but even I don't think it was intentional.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Local news is not reporting in custody. Who is saying this?
[/QUOTE]
Listen to scanners for most up to the date information, not news. News is for the post-game report.

The particular newscaster I'm listening to is definitely trying to get his 5 minutes and win some sort of award because he is going on a tangent right now

[quote name='bigdaddy']They got the bastard. Now through him in the ocean and be done with this.[/QUOTE]
That kinda defeats the purpose of taking someone in alive...

I'm looking at news articles and find it odd that the Uncle describes the two as "losers" and an aunt (not sure if it is the wife of the uncle or another aunt) describes them as "angels"

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm looking at news articles and find it odd that the Uncle describes the two as "losers" and an aunt (not sure if it is the wife of the uncle or another aunt) describes them as "angels"[/QUOTE]

Wacko kid, wacko family.

[quote name='keithp']Wacko kid, wacko family.[/QUOTE]

The aunt, a sister and I think both the mom and dad are saying things to the effect of "Impossible" and "conspiracy".

Good news is that as of new he is alive so hopefully he talks.

bread's done
Back