Boston Marathon Bombing - Three dead 175+ injured

[quote name='GamerDude316']there's a difference between dumb as shit (I was at 19 too) and planting bombs and killing people. I dont want rehabiliation for this guy at all. I want him to rot in a jail cell until he's 80 and never hear his name again. Thats what he deserves.[/QUOTE]
And what purpose would that serve? This may sound cold coming from me, but if we're paying to keep him incarcerated, the least we can do is try get our money's worth. Having him rot in a cell for 23 hours a day is a waste of resources when at the very least, he could be studied in order to stop other people from repeating the same behaviors.

The fact of the matter is that people change and not always who they were at 19. Ideally, people are incarcerated because they're a danger to the public and the purpose of incarceration is also for rehabilitation; not strictly punishment.

Having knee-jerk emotional reactions is understandable, but it's no place to base policy on. I'd rather have him publicly condemning his own actions in a genuine way than rotting in a cell because some people would feel better and ignore or forget that he exists.

[quote name='dohdough']And what purpose would that serve? This may sound cold coming from me, but if we're paying to keep him incarcerated, the least we can do is try get our money's worth. Having him rot in a cell for 23 hours a day is a waste of resources when at the very least, he could be studied in order to stop other people from repeating the same behaviors.

The fact of the matter is that people change and not always who they were at 19. Ideally, people are incarcerated because they're a danger to the public and the purpose of incarceration is also for rehabilitation; not strictly punishment.

Having knee-jerk emotional reactions is understandable, but it's no place to base policy on. I'd rather have him publicly condemning his own actions in a genuine way than rotting in a cell because some people would feel better and ignore or forget that he exists.[/QUOTE]

I'd rather use resources to have him rot in a cell than "rehabiliate" him. It wont work anyway, there is no coming back for this guy. I'm all for people getting second chances but within reason, and this guy crossed that line.

[quote name='GamerDude316']I'd rather use resources to have him rot in a cell than "rehabiliate" him. It wont work anyway, there is no coming back for this guy. I'm all for people getting second chances but within reason, and this guy crossed that line.[/QUOTE]
How do you know it won't work when we've already established that who someone is at 19 isn't the same person at 20, 21, or even 80?

I'm not even saying that he can or can't be rehabilitated, but that we can't know if we don't try. It's pretty obvious that he'll get more than one life sentence with no possibility of parole, but that doesn't mean he can't contribute to society in a positive and meaningful way even if it doesn't make the things he and his brother did, square. We have to reason our way past our base need for revenge.

edit: Again, this is going towards vs. territory, so I'm going to stop discussing it in this thread.

Let's not forget that he will most likely go to jail in Massachusetts and won't survive long when he gets there anyway. You most likely become a target of at least half the jail.

[quote name='dohdough']How do you know it won't work when we've already established that who someone is at 19 isn't the same person at 20, 21, or even 80?

I'm not even saying that he can or can't be rehabilitated, but that we can't know if we don't try. It's pretty obvious that he'll get more than one life sentence with no possibility of parole, but that doesn't mean he can't contribute to society in a positive and meaningful way even if it doesn't make the things he and his brother did, square. We have to reason our way past our base need for revenge.

edit: Again, this is going towards vs. territory, so I'm going to stop discussing it in this thread.[/QUOTE]

It's a nice thought...but it's also something he'd have to earn, and it's not going to happen overnight either. Really, I don't even think it's something the judge/jury needs to be thinking about. Give him the sentence he deserves. Then, if he wants to show remorse for 30 years and talk openly about the mistakes he made, that's his business...and would show legitimate regret. It's not something anyone is going to talk him into. Charles Manson has had that same opportunity, and look where it's gotten him.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']It's a nice thought...but it's also something he'd have to earn, and it's not going to happen overnight either. Really, I don't even think it's something the judge/jury needs to be thinking about. Give him the sentence he deserves. Then, if he wants to show remorse for 30 years and talk openly about the mistakes he made, that's his business...and would show legitimate regret. It's not something anyone is going to talk him into. Charles Manson has had that same opportunity, and look where it's gotten him.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to go back on my word about not commenting, but I completely agree on all your points. If he can't be rehabilitated, then he can't and that's that.

[quote name='n8rockerasu'] Charles Manson has had that same opportunity, and look where it's gotten him.[/QUOTE]

Manson wasn't a kid when he did his deeds.

I read that that this guy tried to kill himself when the cops rolled in, shot his throat and that's why he is not talking.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/boston-bomber-dzhokhar-tsarnaev-shot-1846537

aside for the the people who actually suffered from the events, I'll be glad to not hear about it for a while. I really don't care that you ran the Boston Marathon once or were in New England when it happened. This whole "getting in on the tragedy" was really taken to a new level with this.

[quote name='dohdough']How do you know it won't work when we've already established that who someone is at 19 isn't the same person at 20, 21, or even 80?

edit: Again, this is going towards vs. territory, so I'm going to stop discussing it in this thread.[/QUOTE]

you ever think about a career in Washington? You'd fit right in with the way you can spin something. My issue with trying to rehabilitate him is that if you watch the video footage pre-bombing, its easy to tell that he's walking determined with a purpose. He knew exactly what he was doing, that the bombs he had on him would kill innocent lives and he did it without having any trepidation what so ever. If someone can act in such a henious way, no amount of rehabilitation is ever gonna bring him back to a functional level in society.

Life in prison and the idea of him going batshit crazy sounds far better to me than giving him what he wants.....death so he can meet Allah and his virgins. :roll:

I'm moderate-right and normally i'd be pro-death penalty......but life is prison is far worse than death row.

240413nakedguytamerlan.jpg

[quote name='confoosious']conspiracy theorists are really reaching with that one. Maybe he's tupac.[/QUOTE]

Feel free to explain how its reaching? Are you saying the two in those pics aren't the same person? If it is the same person and he was arrested how would he have been killed in a shootout afterwards which is the official story. I think your mind is reaching to not believe what's right in front of your face. His own family has even said the one arrested was him and not the person who was killed.

If you paid attention you'd know they originally claimed to have caught the first guy by arresting him. Then suddenly the story changed and they didn't have the guy. Please explain this also.

I'm not really big on a lot of conspiracy theories and I'm not even saying the two brothers weren't responsible. But this makes no sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, because in a massive manhunt that has the whole nation's attention, the police are going to arrest a naked dude who looks a lot like suspect #1, parade him out in the open, and then fake photos of a dead guy who also looks a lot like suspect #1 and try the ol' switcheroo on the public.

Makes perfect sense.

What a dumb theory. Yes, the naked guy looks like the suspect and that's why he was arrested and released. If they wanted to cover it up, naked dude is in a body bag, alive or dead, not walked out like a common criminal. Then the police fake the dead Tamerlan photos with gruesome wounds.

"I guess we all look alike to you, Costanza!"

[quote name='confoosious']Yes, because in a massive manhunt that has the whole nation's attention, the police are going to arrest a naked dude who looks a lot like suspect #1, parade him out in the open, and then fake photos of a dead guy who also looks a lot like suspect #1 and try the ol' switcheroo on the public.

Makes perfect sense.

What a dumb theory. Yes, the naked guy looks like the suspect and that's why he was arrested and released. If they wanted to cover it up, naked dude is in a body bag, alive or dead, not walked out like a common criminal. Then the police fake the dead Tamerlan photos with gruesome wounds.

"I guess we all look alike to you, Costanza!"[/QUOTE]

Yeah I guess the guys family is wrong that the guy arrested was him and not the dead person, and you would know who's who more than the guys own family. Wow you're so smart so all knowing.

The one arrested doesn't look like the one dead in the street. Different hair color, sideburns etc... I don't know if a pic is allowed here of a dead body so I'll just link it.

http://static.prisonplanet.com/images/230413suspect.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Yeah I guess the guys family is wrong that the guy arrested was him and not the dead person, and you would know who's who more than the guys own family. Wow you're so smart so all knowing.[/QUOTE]

Families that have gone through traumatic events have been documented to hallucinate, hear voices, create alternate "realities", etc. How can you convince your brain to accept ridiculous conspiracy theories and sequences of events that would need to happen in a perfect vacuum...yet, you struggle to grasp basic human nature? OF COURSE the family would like to believe that their son/nephew wouldn't commit such a horrible act and was just "set up". They're grieving, for God's sake. It's not even wrong for them to be in denial. Seriously, are you that obtuse?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Families that have gone through traumatic events have been documented to hallucinate, hear voices, etc. How can you wrap your brain around ridiculous conspiracy theories and sequences of events that would need to happen in a perfect vacuum...yet, you struggle to grasp basic human nature? OF COURSE the family would like to believe that their son/nephew wouldn't commit such a horrible act and was just "set up". They're grieving for God's sake. It's not even wrong for them to be in denial. Seriously, are you that obtuse?[/QUOTE]

So you're saying the family is hallucinating and they don't know what they're son/relative looks like anymore, and I'm the one who' s obtuse. Got it.

Like I said I am not even saying the two brothers were innocent, not at all. I am only saying the one arrested was the older brother not the one who was killed. The pics of the guy being arrested was the older brother. if it isn't obvious enough to the eye the family also says so. Yet I'm the one in denial and a "conspiracy theorist"

Can a mod clear this brain-rot out since this isn't Vs.?

There was someone arrested, stripped, then released after questioning who wasn't the older brother but looked similar near the location of the shoot out. There are pictures of the two brothers engaging in the shoot out with other police. There are pictures of the older one walking closer to the police. The police shot him and were trying to handcuff him to take him into custody when the younger brother got into the SUV and drove straight at the cops on top of his brother. Well the cops jumped out of the way but his brother who was shot and restrained couldn't jump out of the way, so he was run over. They transported him to a hospital to try to save him. The doctors tried to perform thoracic surgery since he had multiple gunshot wounds and needed his heart massaged. That's why he's got the giant gash in his side in the leaked photo.

I don't know how you can claim anything based on those pictures of the Naked Man arrest. Those things are blurrier than the security cam pictures initially released of the suspect. They're blurrier than the shittiest cell phone camera pictures. The only real feature you can make out is the hairline. You can't even make out the whole face profile or try to analyze the noses because the picture distorts right there in the middle of naked man's face. You're grasping at straws.

The cops arrested the wrong guy and let him go. Meanwhile the Brothers Dipshit engaged police in a shootout, and that's where the older one was shot and run over, and there are photos documenting it.

Apparently they found the body of the student that went missing in March then got mistakenly attached to the bombings through shoddy internet vigilantism. They're suggesting his cause of death was not foul play which is sadly the high point of the story.

bread's done
Back