Bought my first PS2 game today..

chodax

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
51FH4WTS3uL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

And at full price none the less. Thought I would just share my life with everyone. :drool:

[quote name='Vinny']Damn... and here I thought EVERYBODY has purchased/owned at least 1 PS2 game.[/quote]

Nope never had a PS1/2 only had Nintendo consoles pretty much until I got my PS3 :whistle2:#

Not a bad first choice. I remembered that my first game I bought was Timesplitters, got it the day before the release of the PS2 because I couldn't contain my excitement. The next day I picked up my pre-ordered PS2 and a memory card (which I remember was VERY hard to find, my pre-order for the console came through, but my pre-order for the memory card didn't). I still have the same PS2 to this date along with the game.

OP, I thiink in one way you are doing good, now you can get all the good PS2 games on the cheap mostly (except of course for the exception of certain rare games.

My first PS2 games (all launch games):
Madden 01
NHL 01
SSX
Time Splitters
Tekken Tag
DOA 2

I just traded DOA2 on Goozex a few months ago after the XBox version of DOA 1/2 was made backwards compatible and I bought that.

[quote name='LeafPanda']My first game was DDR lol. Great choice, good luck finding disc 2 of subsistence[/quote]

Why do I need disk 2 and whats on it?

[quote name='chodax']Why do I need disk 2 and whats on it?[/QUOTE]

It's got extra content. Mainly the MSX versions of the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 : Solid Snake. It also had the online version of Metal Gear Solid 3, the servers have recently been shut down.

The original Metal Gear 1 and 2. CS theatre, bloopers, and Snake vs Monkeys. Also those servers for the original MGO have been shut down for years. Out with the old in with the new.

Is it really worth picking up? I am pretty much only playing the first 3 so I can play 4 and really understand the story,

My first PS2 game was Madden 2001 - then Street Fighter EX3.

DONT JUDGE ME

*cries*

*flees*

*trips over skirt, falls*

*cries*

*flees*

My first PS2 game was Gauntlet - Dark Legacy. I really wish the Xbox version worked on the 360.

Second was Twisted Metal - Black.

[quote name='LeafPanda']My first game was DDR lol. Great choice, good luck finding disc 2 of subsistence[/QUOTE]

I bought a PS2 (used) to play DDR. DDR Mario Mix hooked me. Of course I've picked up other stuff since then, but DDR is why I bought a PS2, and why I'll have a PS2 for some time to come.

Yea, my first PS2 game was Eternal Ring in Summer 2001, but it would take over five years to actually finish it...

Nice choice. I recently got into the series as well, and believe me, you won't be disappointed.

Be sure to grab Final Fantasy X and Shadow of the Colossus next.

My first PS2 game was Gran Turismo 3: A-spec, but that may not count since it came with the PS2 I won from the contest. So, the first game I actually bought was... Mobile Suit Gundam: Journey to Jaburo.

[quote name='cdrober']Not a bad first choice. I remembered that my first game I bought was Timesplitters, got it the day before the release of the PS2 because I couldn't contain my excitement. The next day I picked up my pre-ordered PS2 and a memory card (which I remember was VERY hard to find, my pre-order for the console came through, but my pre-order for the memory card didn't). I still have the same PS2 to this date along with the game.

OP, I thiink in one way you are doing good, now you can get all the good PS2 games on the cheap mostly (except of course for the exception of certain rare games.[/quote]
That was weird huh?
When I got my PS2, memory cards were near darn impossible to find!
My parents and I had to drive 50 miles to the mall to pick up THE LAST ONE at a gamestop.
Nowadays I see em everywhere and are overpriced ($30 for 8mb :roll:) except at the pawn.

My first game was Zone of the Enders 1 w/ the MGS 2 demo.

Some great games you should check out:

Zone of the Enders The Second Runner
Jak 2
Kingdom Hearts 2
Sly Cooper
Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal
Onimusha 1,2,3
Silent Hill 2

If you need a JRPG fix, here are my favorite games which also lack random encounters (my biggest pet peeve):
Breath of Fire V Dragon Quarter
Disgaea series
Persona 3 FES
Radiata Stories
Star Ocean 3
Tales of the Abyss
Valkyrie Profile 2

I beat Metal Gear on NES. Then I beat Metal Gear Solid on PlayStaion. I picked the Metal Gear Solid: The Essential Collection and I still have Metal Gear Solid 4 LE sealed. I'm going pick up a PS2 to try and finish the Essential Collection. I really don't trust Sony's Backwards compatibility.

Ahhh, my first PS2 games. I got Gran Turismo 3 and Medal of Honor Frontline. Two great great games that I still go back and play once in a while.

Yea just beat mgs3.. at first I wasn't sure I liked it as much as 2 but after the ending.. wow... awesome game! Time for MGS4.

My first PS2 game was Ace Combat 4, and the graphics at the time blew me away... I was amazed at how realistic the game looked. I loved that game. :D

In the year 2000!

In the year 2000, Sony will launch the Playstation 2. In turn, poster chodax will ignore this console and it's games for nearly 8 years. He will then post a dumb thread and thinks people care about his buying habits!

In the year 2000!

Just kidding. Enjoy, you made a great purchase!

[quote name='chodax']Yea just beat mgs3.. at first I wasn't sure I liked it as much as 2 but after the ending.. wow... awesome game! Time for MGS4.[/quote]

That whole endgame sequence just blew me away. I think Groznyj Grad through the final battle took me about seven hours the first time, and I was so drawn in that I did it all in one sitting, my longest gaming session ever. The final battle was perfect on so many levels, and the ending is one of the best of all time. Really great game.

Going along with the thread, my first PS2 games were Final Fantasy X, GTA3, and Silent Hill 2. It was weird when FFX came out because I didn't have a PS2 yet and was a giant Square fanatic (this was pretty much at the end of their amazing PS1 run). I bought a cheap TV tuner for my computer since I didn't have a TV in my dorm room. Pretty wretched video quality, but those games sure made up for it.

The first games I picked up for the PS2 were Tekken Tag (which was a disappointment after 3), Ridge Racer V, Street Fighter EX 3, Timesplitters, and SSX... so yeah, a lot of shit.

The next game I got after that was Onimusha, though, and that's still an awesome game.

My first PS2 games were Madden NFL 2001 and NHL 2001. I remember seeing the graphics for the first time and I was so freakin' amazed.

My first game was Vice City...ugh.

Soon after I got Code Veronica X and played the included DMC demo...needless to say I ran out and bought the full game making DMC my first great PS2 game.

bread's done
Back