Bound by Flame PS4 $30 BB maybe?

nabuch

CAGiversary!
The game is out early and I went to BB today to pick it up.  With @gamers unlocked it is $40.  The clerk said, oh this comes with a $10 gift card.  I don't know how, I did not see it anywhere, but I did get a $10 gift card for buying it. 

I don't know if this gift card is specific to this game, but it seems like it is, so if you want the game, now is the time.

People get a feeling of being in the superior cool kid club when things go right with their favorites. Personally I'm a huge gamer and buy all of the consoles and handhelds to enjoy. Coexist baby.

Facepalm. It has nothing to do with that. Microsoft and the xbox one should not be supported by any developer or anyone for that matter. Its not about "being cool" or whatever the fuck you're talking about (Facepalm again) its about being a smart consumer and being concerned about the future of gaming. Over the years Microsoft has shown time and time again that they are willing to fuck gamers in the ass if you allow it. You give them an inch, they take a mile. Supporting something like that is not being a smart consumer or gamer. I love how so many people like you claim to be such "huge gamers" because you buy all video game systems. That just makes you an idiot with deep pockets.

Facepalm. It has nothing to do with that. Microsoft and the xbox one should not be supported by any developer or anyone for that matter. Its not about "being cool" or whatever the fuck you're talking about (Facepalm again) its about being a smart consumer and being concerned about the future of gaming. Over the years Microsoft has shown time and time again that they are willing to fuck gamers in the ass if you allow it. You give them an inch, they take a mile. Supporting something like that is not being a smart consumer or gamer. I love how so many people like you claim to be such "huge gamers" because you buy all video game systems. That just makes you an idiot with deep pockets.
And your statement makes you seem narrow minded, hateful, and elitist. Seriously, get over it. Had Microsoft messed up, sure. Did they really screw the pooch at E3 last year with their original approach to this gen - yes. Were they extremely arrogant by only supporting HD-DVD when it was DOA? Yes. Then to spite Sony, they refused to license and bring in a BR player for the 360 because they wanted that one year head start.

I think at one time or another I've owned every major gaming system with the exception of the Sega Master System and the Xbox One. I am not an idiot nor do I have deep pockets. BTW, I have a PS4 and think it is the better gaming system.

If you are throwing stones, why not fry Sony for their sh!tty releases thus far for the PS4. How many games are worth owning? I mean, we're over 6 months in and what....three games maybe? A couple more for free if you have PS+. Speaking of Sony messing up, let us not forget their whole PSN / Sony Network debacle. That was a "summer of fun" for all. Talk about incompetency, they only had to rebuild it three times...or was it four times because they could not get it right. As soon as they would rebuild it, that group that will remain anonymous would get right back in. Let's not forget the Move debacle.

If you want to be an @ss and blast M$, at least have enough competence to lay out Sony's faults. I mean, you didn't even list anything. All you did was make some generalization and wave your hand.

To the topic at hand, I guess I'm still waiting for another good game on the PS4. Looks like it is back to Dark Souls 2 for more deaths on the PS3.

I was gona wait to play this on my ps4, whenever I get one and a price drop. But considering they're giving a $10 gc w it, I may just get it on the ps3, will try tomorrow

I don't understand why people keep using the PSN hack as something to hold against Sony. I'd be willing to bet the FIFA hacks on MS accounts were more damaging to MS and affected more people negatively then the PSN hack. I mean I couldn't play online for a day or two (big deal) but I got free games out of it. It could happen every year for all I care.

I understand that if you're a MS apologist it would bother you since two of their top timed exclusives are online only... but it really wasn't half the big deal you or anyone else makes it out to be

I was gona wait to play this on my ps4, whenever I get one and a price drop. But considering they're giving a $10 gc w it, I may just get it on the ps3, will try tomorrow
Now that you mention it, I might be willing to do the same, as long as the graphics for the PS3 version aren't substantially worse than those in the PS4 version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not saying their review is wrong in terms of how good the game is, but the first line of the review and it loses all credibility.

Uh, has this reviewer played any RPG with a customizable character EVER?
LOL either I read what the Gamespot person said wrong or you are wrong as in most RPG's they use your name unless voice acted then there is just no mention what so ever. It seems what he said was feasible he named his character something unique but the game kept calling him Vulcan regardless.

That is just when you are apart of the @ID program. Get a clue.
I thought that's the reason Rayman on Wii U was delayed?

Edit: well, seems like that was the case for 360. No idea if its sitll like that for Xbox One.

LOL either I read what the Gamespot person said wrong or you are wrong as in most RPG's they use your name unless voice acted then there is just no mention what so ever. It seems what he said was feasible he named his character something unique but the game kept calling him Vulcan regardless.
That was already address. The guy clearly didnt read what the game told him.

I got hosed on this deal earlier tonight.  The only Best Buy that had the game in stock locally could not find the game anywhere in the store.  Left empty handed after 20 mins.  I left a post on the BB Community Forums in hope that they can solve the situation...

I got hosed on this deal earlier tonight. The only Best Buy that had the game in stock locally could not find the game anywhere in the store. Left empty handed after 20 mins. I left a post on the BB Community Forums in hope that they can solve the situation...
Looks like they did you a favor. Reviews are in. Not looking good.

BB currently is giving $27 in credit for the PS4 version...If you're really displeased, just trade it back in.  $40 paid +$10 GC --> $30 Credit ($40 if you include the GC they give you at purchase).

I might go pick this up later today, but I've got a question I'm hoping you guys can answer (the BB forums are down for maintenance, but tha CAGs are probably faster to respond): I've still got that 10% off coupon from a few weeks back that expires next week (I think). WIll that stack with GCU or are they mutually exclusive?

And your statement makes you seem narrow minded, hateful, and elitist. Seriously, get over it. Had Microsoft messed up, sure. Did they really screw the pooch at E3 last year with their original approach to this gen - yes. Were they extremely arrogant by only supporting HD-DVD when it was DOA? Yes. Then to spite Sony, they refused to license and bring in a BR player for the 360 because they wanted that one year head start.

I think at one time or another I've owned every major gaming system with the exception of the Sega Master System and the Xbox One. I am not an idiot nor do I have deep pockets. BTW, I have a PS4 and think it is the better gaming system.

If you are throwing stones, why not fry Sony for their sh!tty releases thus far for the PS4. How many games are worth owning? I mean, we're over 6 months in and what....three games maybe? A couple more for free if you have PS+. Speaking of Sony messing up, let us not forget their whole PSN / Sony Network debacle. That was a "summer of fun" for all. Talk about incompetency, they only had to rebuild it three times...or was it four times because they could not get it right. As soon as they would rebuild it, that group that will remain anonymous would get right back in. Let's not forget the Move debacle.

If you want to be an @ss and blast M$, at least have enough competence to lay out Sony's faults. I mean, you didn't even list anything. All you did was make some generalization and wave your hand.

To the topic at hand, I guess I'm still waiting for another good game on the PS4. Looks like it is back to Dark Souls 2 for more deaths on the PS3.
blah, blah, blah, no one cares, no one is listening, we like deals, not rants about ms and ps wars. wrong topic. :)

I absolutely love complete idiots like this who swear they are smart and knowledgeable. It was inevitable that someone would get butthurt over my comment though so thats to be expected. You completely missed everything i said so congrats on that one lol.

Game got absolutely slaughtered in reviews. Proceed w/ caution.

People get a feeling of being in the superior cool kid club when things go right with their favorites. Personally I'm a huge gamer and buy all of the consoles and handhelds to enjoy. Coexist baby.
Amen.

tumblr_m52mvyw2zV1qzkmqd.gif

Hush, child.

I absolutely love complete idiots like this who swear they are smart and knowledgeable. It was inevitable that someone would get butthurt over my comment though so thats to be expected. You completely missed everything i said so congrats on that one lol.
To be fair, your post really wasn't well written or thought out. All you did was bash Microsoft about how they are abusing their customers and didn't even provide examples to backup your opinion. This type of action is why most civil people tend to avoid the debate of the console wars.

I stated my opinion already. Both companies have had some bad things go down over the years and yet they both rebound to make products that I thoroughly enjoy spending my time using. I have never been abused, screwed or even fornicated by any video game manufacture.

I hate how MS gets this rep now. No one cam forget about the fuck ups and not look at the fixes.
Yup. This is why I'm passing on it entirely. Sounds like a real twat blaming Xbox for "not getting a dev kit in a timely manner". Seems more like they didn't wanna spend the time to make one for X1 owners. Their loss.
Fanboy much?

As for the OP's deal, is this the norm factoring in a GC into the price of an item? It really annoys me when people do that. The GC is for a FUTURE PURCHASE, it doesn't get deducted off the price of that purchase. So it's $40 (assuming you have GCU) and a $10.

As for the OP's deal, is this the norm factoring in a GC into the price of an item? It really annoys me when people do that. The GC is for a FUTURE PURCHASE, it doesn't get deducted off the price of that purchase. So it's $40 (assuming you have GCU) and a $10.
The only time I can see a GC factored into an item's price making some sense is when you pay for the item entirely with GCs--then it's like you really did pay $30 in this case, since you got back $10 on a GC to replace $10 of the GC credit you used.

It's still best to not assume that scenario, though.

Seems like the new norm for Best Buy deals in CAG is that the prices posted will be after GCU, even if a lot of people still don't have it (not everyone had the $30 for two years offer offered to them, like myself, and I won't pay $60 or $120 for it, when I really should be buying less games).

In terms of the console wars talk. Lets just stop. I disagree with a ton of posts people do, including those who hate MS for the whole online fiasco (I have all systems, but play the X1 10 times more than the PS4, go figure), but I tend never to post as it just doesn't do anyting or add much. I enjoy what I enjoy, and hope everyone does too, end of story.

As for Bound by Flame, I really wanted to get this game, but as I read reviews and comments, I see that the official reviews bash it hard, but fans who bought the game like it. That said, I trust actual gaming sites here. RPGs have always been loved by its fans and early developers, but they can have significant flaws. Thanks OP for the gift card news, but I will rent this game on Gamefly until Wolfenstein and Watch Dogs come out.

the game is actually $50 but he subtracted $10 for gift card and another $10 for gcu discount even though not every one has gcu lol he didn't think good on his choice of words
I thought "well" before typing.

Yes, I did include the GCU discount, and no I didn't subtract the GC from the price.

Destructoid published its review: http://www.destructoid.com/review-bound-by-flame-274488.phtml

I think it's pretty fair and makes several good points without tearing it to pieces.

I'm still not sure whether I want to wait to pick up the PS3 version, though, if I can get it for a net $22+tax (factoring in GCU + $10 GC) at release, beat it quickly, then trade it in while the value's still good, or wait for it to drop to $10-$15 naturally, which may take a few months. :whistle2:k

I'm going to pick this up on PS4 today or tomorrow, $40 (after GCU) plus $10 GC is pretty easy to handle, especially for a new PS4 game with some good hack 'n slash gameplay.  Plus I'll pay for it with a BB GC to begin with, so its really only coming out to $30 plus tax for me.

To be fair, your post really wasn't well written or thought out. All you did was bash Microsoft about how they are abusing their customers and didn't even provide examples to backup your opinion. This type of action is why most civil people tend to avoid the debate of the console wars.

I stated my opinion already. Both companies have had some bad things go down over the years and yet they both rebound to make products that I thoroughly enjoy spending my time using. I have never been abused, screwed or even fornicated by any video game manufacture.
its a forum, we're not writting books here. Whether i provided examples or not, you couldnt even comprehend what i was talking about. Do some research. And seeing your gamertag so proudly posted as your sig, not only do you not get out a whole lot but you've been riding that m$ for quite some time.

Game got absolutely slaughtered in reviews. Proceed w/ caution.

Amen.

tumblr_m52mvyw2zV1qzkmqd.gif

Hush, child.
keep supporting a company that would run the video game industry into the ground if given the opportunity. its dipshits like you who dont deserve to own a video game.

keep supporting a company that would run the video game industry into the ground if given the opportunity. its dipshits like you who dont deserve to own a video game.
Can we get a mod in here to ban this clown? He's not only trolling, but he is using really inflamatory language that was completely unprovoked.

Went last night to BestBuy to get the game I got a $15 gift card which was super awesome! The cashier also made me apply for a credit card even though I already have one....I couldn't say no cause he was such a hottie lol :p So I don't know if it was the application or the flirting but who care. :bouncy: Its the least they could have done for making me wait half a hour cause the guys in the back couldn't find the game lol

Went last night to BestBuy to get the game I got a $15 gift card which was super awesome! The cashier also made me apply for a credit card even though I already have one....I couldn't say no cause he was such a hottie lol :p So I don't know if it was the application or the flirting but who care. :bouncy: Its the least they could have done for making me wait half a hour cause the guys in the back couldn't find the game lol
Wait, a $15 GC? Not a $10 GC? Did you buy just the PS4 version, or did you buy something else with it?

I did a instore pickup yesterday and received no gift card. Anyone else do a in store pickup?
If you did in-store pickup, you ordered online, so no gift card for you. The promotion is only for buying it in stores. Someone earlier said they did in-store pickup but canceled it in the store and had them ring it up at the register.

Wait, a $15 GC? Not a $10 GC? Did you buy just the PS4 version, or did you buy something else with it?
Yeah got a $15 GC but also brought several different things with the PS4 game. Am guessing the extra $5 were for the credit card application I did. My Store also had a 15% back in rewards for new credit card user only.

I just tried but they were out of stock, for the ps3. The cashier checked other stores and everything else was out. I find it hard to believe that they were all out unless they ordered a small amount with pre orders or they pulled the ps3 copies out (which is probably not the case). But oh well, I guess I'll just wait for another good price

Just picked it up in store. I'm gamer club unlocked still and got $10 gift card.

the gift card part came up AFTER I paid though so it was strange.  

It's may 9th 7pm right now.

bread's done
Back