Brandsmart CoD: IW $28.88 (PS4/XBONE)

Any advice on what worked?
Not really, just said that I lived nearby and had both brandsmart and best buy within a mile from each other. I was just nice and was pretty up front with them in saying " I'm not sure if I can pricematch the legacy edition."

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

No go in Gateway NY. Guy was real snooty about it. In other words, they're probably all on to it at this point and won't PM unless you get lucky or actually have a Brandsmart within 25 miles.

im gonna try one more time tomorrow, do you guys already have it ordered and they make the change or do you have them make you the order?

FML

bestbuy_chat.png

1) Is BB the only store that price matches?

2) Speaking of "scamming" Best Buy, how about when THEY change their Black Friday policy for their annual club subscription AFTER people paid to sign up for it? eBay pulled similar shit changing their gift card policy. Imaging joining Costco to grocery shop in July and then finding out in September Costco will no longer be selling groceries. No harm, but a good store would then refund or prorate your membership.

3) How ****** up is our society that stores can charge different prices to different people and have different policies for different people seemingly randomly one minute to the next? This thread is slowly turning me into a Bernie Bro. I feel like creating two email addresses ([email protected] and [email protected]) and tallying how many times each gets approved

Skimming thru the posts I noticed the words "Entitled" and "Scamming" 

Ah... yes... those damn entitled cheap ass gamers out to stiff those hard working billionaires!   :roll:

2) Speaking of "scamming" Best Buy, how about when THEY change their Black Friday policy for their annual club subscription AFTER people paid to sign up for it? eBay pulled similar shit changing their gift card policy. Imaging joining Costco to grocery shop in July and then finding out in September Costco will no longer be selling groceries. No harm, but a good store would then refund or prorate your membership.
First of all when you sign up for ANY premium program or even free program all of the terms say that the rules can be changed at any time, if you did not bother reading the terms thats on you. They have that right. Is it shitty to change it after so long? Sure, but its not a scam. You can always cancel your memership or elect not to renew. What ever the stated refund policy is youll get what it says.

Also theres a difference between price matching the item advertised the actual normal edition of IW that is clearly displayed, and trying to pull a fast one on BBY reps by asking them to PM the sale price on the Legendary edition. You can say whatever the hell you want about, oh its on the rep to make sure im not fuck ing them over but you all know thats BS. Your taking advantage of the CS people and their lack of knowledge. Not to mention you guys are putting people's jobs at risk. You think they don't go thru all of the PMs and check them again? One mistake or so thats fine but if a rep reperetedly made a bad PM you can be sure they either got fired or at the official reprimand from up top. You might have cost people their livelihood.

Lastly it's people pulling these kinds of stunts to save a few extra bucks in the short run thats resulted in the PM policies being nerfed or outright dropped at other stores and websites. Amazon used to let people get a PM once in a while over chat , no more, they even removed the option to report a better price. Why did they? When asked they said there was just too much rampant abuse and price matching unofficial ads/sale prices. Walmart has even drawn back its PM polcies in a bunch of stores across the country because of PM abuse. The more people pull shit like this the more likely these stores are going to start dropping PMs or make them more of a pain the arse to get.

TL'DR do what you want, but the more times you guys try to score a fake "deal" with these shady ass PMs the more likely you are to screw the rest of us for normal PM chances.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man went for round 4 and the lady wouldn't let the bundle discount apply :( oh well bought 2 xb1 and 1 ps4 copy for $28.88 each gonna try again tomorrow. $10 boomerang ain't bad but the last 3 times I PMd they let the bundle discount go through. Had to do 3 different transactions this time.

I tried on the best buy live chat and they said this

"I understand that you wanted to get the lowest price of the item .We used to fulfill the price match for Call of duty infinite warfare for the PlayStation 4 hours ago however, we just received a report as of this moment  that we are no longer able to fulfill it as stocks with Brandsmart are already limited. I'm sorry to inform you that the item is no longer qualified for a price match". 

Lokie I'm not disagreeing with you on that and what some people are doing is going beyond cheapskate slickdealin extreme couponing whatever you wanna call it to flat out... putting a fake orange sale sticker on something levels of shadyness.

but to price match the officially advertised standard edition shouldn't be considered shady (I'm not saying you said it was but others here or online might imply), even when "lying" about your zip code (so what if you do or don't have a nephew in Florida, BB should have a a clear fair and consistent policy and not require VoterID-law level invasion of privacy to ensure those policies.)

And CS reps making up bs stories like "Yeah I called my man at Brandsmart he said the end cap was almost empty so... no" ain't drawing sympathy from me.

What's up with these self righteous people? You take a shot in the dark, if it works because of an employees incompetence...so what? It's not like you are doing anything wrong,

Damn I live next to a Brandsmart but I have no interest in fps.

Any chance they do this for FF XV or TLG? Lol
Buy it and trade back in at Best Buy, get $42 trade in credit after GCU bonus preorder FF with the $10 cert walk out with an even better deal.

Do you know the guys name?
He was one of the shift managers they called up for authorization. The cashier was willing to do it, too. Then when she called for the authorization, he came out of the office with what sounded like a prepared statement.

Probably for the best, anyway. I'm sure my backlog will thank me.

Just tried chat with a Christine B.

She said that they have been notified that BrandsMart USA is OOS on the item now and can no longer pm item.

Edit: Markafil stated same thing.

Seems the jig is up.

Has anyone tried calling over the phone and doing it? Or is it the same people that do the mobile chat? If not, has anyone had any luck price matching in-store in SoCal?

Solid deal. I was skeptical but I'm really digging IW. The MP isn't my favorite but the campaign is a shitload of fun. Sure it's in space, but it feels the most like a CoD campaign we've had in years. 

Thanks OP, I think this is the first time living near Brands Mart has been good thing. I was able to get Best Buy to price match, this feels like getting a good Black Friday deal without any physical injury or being waitlisted on Amazon for a lightning deal.

On chat with Ruby C. Hope this works.

Edit: Thank you for waiting. As I checked it here, I am sorry to inform you that we are unable to price match with this, for their ad of the site states that “while quantities last”, so the Price Match Guarantee does not cover this.

Bullcrap

I got denied at BB yesterday. It worked a couple of years ago on AW as the worker then just selected Brandsmart on their computer to match. The one this time just showed me their pricing policy which didnt list the retailer on it (it only had like 5 or so of the big ones) and shut me down

I tried it today and got shot down. I had em look up the store on their computer and it showed up, but they claimed it had to be within the state. Oh well picked up one. Gonna have my friend in Florida pick me up another.

Gonna try a couple more today, let's see if they've caught on. They were clueless the past 2 days

Success! Didn't even have to go to multiple BBYs this time. Guy was cool as hell and saw brand smart on the list and said it was cool. Then he let me do 2 more sets so now I'm about to be maxed out on my accounts for IW trades. Guy didn't care about the 40% off applying either. Now I'm done with this deal

Success! Didn't even have to go to multiple BBYs this time. Guy was cool as hell and saw brand smart on the list and said it was cool. Then he let me do 2 more sets so now I'm about to be maxed out on my accounts for IW trades. Guy didn't care about the 40% off applying either. Now I'm done with this deal
what was the cost of a set of 2 - also, was it an automatic 40% off after the price match?

bread's done
Back