Bravely Default - Out now in stores and on the eShop! (Demo available)

For the side quest in the flower town in Chapter 2, be sure to walk around a lot in the area and a cut scene will start.

For the one at the town , go during the night and it will unlock near the matron of the town.

Thanks, unlocked
Red Mage

I like how you unlock new jobs by doing sidequests and ! tell you where to go or what to do next.

Is there a recommended level to be at for the various points in the game? Or is the nature of the game meant to have you grind only when you can't beat someone? Am I worrying too much about being under leveled? My dudes are 25-29 and I'm not done chapter one yet.

I just really started the demo yesterday, and I'm having more trouble than I expected. I've been trying to clear out that cave to the west, but I keep dying. Those Kobold Archers are nasty. I've been playing around with jobs, and that's totes fun. But I'm really having a hard time LIVING and not running back to town to save constantly. Is this a common problem, or do I suck? I'm trying to beat that cave with level 7, but that enemy there can kill any of my characters with one hit of her nasty attack.

Last edited by a moderator:
The demo is definitely a little unforgiving in the beginning. I say focus on getting money and having the best equipment you can. As you build up Norende, more equipment becomes available. I didn't know this at first and fought the first really hard boss with the entry level weapons, ugh!

Part of not getting killed is using the brave/default system. If guys are killing you easily, default a few times until you have turns built up. Then you can unleash a bunch of attacks at once. But if I recall, level 7 is probably still pretty low for that dungeon. Remember you can speed up the encounter rate and the battle speed, so if you go grind against easier to kill enemies, you can rack up EXP and JP pretty quickly.

Is there a recommended level to be at for the various points in the game? Or is the nature of the game meant to have you grind only when you can't beat someone? Am I worrying too much about being under leveled? My dudes are 25-29 and I'm not done chapter one yet.
You're more than high enough for your area. I'd say, just play through it however you want. There's a spot in Chapter 4 that is decent for grinding jobs/exp/money a little bit. However I would only do that until you feel you can finish that chapter. The next chapters have spots that give up to 999 JP per fight.

I just really started the demo yesterday, and I'm having more trouble than I expected. I've been trying to clear out that cave to the west, but I keep dying. Those Kobold Archers are nasty. I've been playing around with jobs, and that's totes fun. But I'm really having a hard time LIVING and not running back to town to save constantly. Is this a common problem, or do I suck? I'm trying to beat that cave with level 7, but that enemy there can kill any of my characters with one hit of her nasty attack.
Like Jonnypark said, you need to make use of the brave/default system. You can go down as far as -4 BP and as high as 3. Getting your equipment up-to-date also helps a lot as well.

If you need to grind for any reason it's pretty simple to do. Brave everybody 3 times, then just attack. After that, turn on auto-attack with Y and then hit the D-Pad right a couple of times to speed up battle. You can also go to the Menu -> Tactics -> Config -> Difficulty to increase/decrease the encounter rate and also modify the difficulty settings.

What I did was grind short bits here and there for brief stints, then turn off encounters and just head through the dungeon and fight the boss and collect treasures.

Draekon, any tips beating the
Fat Chemist ? I have a white mage lvl33 lv 10 job, a monk, a black mage, and a knight all jobs are lvl 9 except whm

Also, what are the max job levels in this game?

Fat Chemist ? I have a white mage lvl33 lv 10 job, a monk, a black mage, and a knight all jobs are lvl 9 except whm
Have someone hit her with Dispel, get rid of that damn regen.

You healer with regen can help a lot, so they are always alive to heal the team.

Have lots of Phoenix Downs and Ether, cause your healer are gonna need it.

Also have all your characters specials live and ready to go before the battle.

So they can fire them off and knock down some HP.

You are gonna die a lot in this battle, its just how fast you recover from it.

The one hit they have does like 9999 damage. Its brutal.

The
Pirate
was helpful as its debuffing skills help your other guys do more damage.

Also, what are the max job levels in this game?
I want to say it went something like this:

Agnes: White Mage / Any secondary

Tiz: Valkyrie / Monk or Freelancer (I can't remember which I had)

Edea: Ranger / Monk

Ringabel: Valkyrie / Monk

My auto-battle consisted of...

Agnes: Cura - Entire Party (And single-targeting as necessary)

Tiz: Hidden Dragon or Attacking while not using Brave (And using items as needed)

Edea: Hidden Dragon x4

Ringabel: Hidden Dragon x4

My last equipment was Florem for armor I think and I only did a little bit of grinding to try and afford new weapons which consisted of 2x Spears and a Bow.

It's been a while since that fight, so I can't recount it properly. If I lost the first time, I bought/equipped any status null accessories and went back with a slightly different strategy, but a lot of them up until chapter 4 consisted of that. I would probably recommend using Dispel if you can afford the turn to use it or get someone with a secondary to do it besides your healer.

Got the normal ending and finished Norende around the same time.  Working on the True Ending now.  Conjurer's Obliterate is ridiculous
ly awesome.

don't remmeber what hte fire demon is...  but for pirate
you don't get the blue market but run around grandship on your boat and look for a thick fog, you will find a ghost ship.

He's tricky as hell.

Default whens he's transformed. And also default the turn he turns back too, as he blast you hard after every transform.

You have like 2-3 three turns in between. I would say two turns and then default again cause he will transform usually on the 3 turn.

Have your specials to Lightning for him as that is his weakness.

It's a tough battle if your not ready for it.

16 hours in and almost done with CH 2. I hope this game starts to go a bit faster for me, lol.

The game is awesome, and I am having too much fun trying new class combos since I just got all the ones in CH 2.

Fun fact: You can turn off experience, so if you want to get more job levels but don't want to become too over-leveled, it's an option.

I turned off experience, maximized battle speed, and put a merchant in my party. Getting tons of money and JP without getting *TOO powerful, it's pretty rad.

The only thing is, with all that money you can then purchase really nice weapons from the Adventurer if you've been keeping up with Norende. I got a fancy bow and now I'm a little overpowered anyway.

Is there any downside to maxing out Norende too early?  I'm only about halfway through chapter two and it looks like I'm almost done building the town (unless there's more to it than it looks like). 

Specifically, I was worried that maybe one of those Tutorial Quests might be something like "Level up a shop in Norende", and that I wouldn't be able to complete it if they were already all at 11.

No there is not.

The only downside is your will not be able to purchase the equipment as you wont have made that much money unless you did some money grinding.

But the Special Parts will help out for sure.

I was wondering the same thing. I just got the party chat 'Norende Nears Completion.' I'm still in Chapter 1! I've found the town-building to be a fun distraction, so I'm kind of bummed it's going to be done so soon.

I usually set a bunch of places on a timer for 8 or so hours just before bed, so I wake up those being completed.  I usally get 5-6 places upgraded once overnight.

No there is not.

The only downside is your will not be able to purchase the equipment as you wont have made that much money unless you did some money grinding.

But the Special Parts will help out for sure.
Thanks!

I usually set a bunch of places on a timer for 8 or so hours just before bed, so I wake up those being completed. I usally get 5-6 places upgraded once overnight.
Same here. I've got about 50 villagers so I'm just zooming right through Norende.

Remember to tailor your speical moves for your upcoming bosses weakness and max out them out before you fight the boss with random battles.

And Send your attacks out often.

I send mine i try at least once a day and more if i remember.

One of my friends sent Dark nebula and it kept killing my team until I looked up the move.

It hits everyone on the field.

BOOOOOOOOOOO

Now I'm struggling with the fight for
swordmaster

What's the best approach to take with fighting him?
He doesn't counter magic, unless he use the skill to. You should have access to Ninja by that point. Ninja's Utsusemi with Red Mage's Turn Tables would completely dominate him. For that fight, I think I had just a normal party, and healed through. I probably had Salve Maker's Healing Lore, which pretty much lets you full heal your party with a single cura at those levels. Healing through basically means not using Brave to let him counter multiple times a turn.

He doesn't counter magic, unless he use the skill to. You should have access to Ninja by that point. Ninja's Utsusemi with Red Mage's Turn Tables would completely dominate him. For that fight, I think I had just a normal party, and healed through. I probably had Salve Maker's Healing Lore, which pretty much lets you full heal your party with a single cura at those levels. Healing through basically means not using Brave to let him counter multiple times a turn.
That's rough, I've done every blue bubble quest and have not had access to
Ninja

Remember to tailor your speical moves for your upcoming bosses weakness and max out them out before you fight the boss with random battles.

And Send your attacks out often.

I send mine i try at least once a day and more if i remember.

One of my friends sent Dark nebula and it kept killing my team until I looked up the move.

It hits everyone on the field.

BOOOOOOOOOOO
Was this me? :lol: Once I realized it would probably hit everyone even with the Send Summon, I changed it to Amped Strike. Sorry if it was me! But seriously, Dark Nebula is excellent if your team has dark protection.

Got the True Ending today! Great googly moogly, what a ride this game was. Looking forward to the sequel!

Was this me? :lol: Once I realized it would probably hit everyone even with the Send Summon, I changed it to Amped Strike. Sorry if it was me! But seriously, Dark Nebula is excellent if your team has dark protection.

Got the True Ending today! Great googly moogly, what a ride this game was. Looking forward to the sequel!
Ya. once I figured out what is was doing, i set up reflect and it was all good.

At first when I died against the Swordmaster, i was like the heck.

And then the second time I was like huh?

Yeah, Dark Nebula is from one of the last jobs you get.  At that time you're fairly high leveled and also have access to abilities and armor that mitigate the dark attack.  But it does awesome damage to enemies.  It was a staple in the last half of the game for me.

Sweet jesus, one of my guests today shared a 97,869 damage attack today. Two other 43-50k attacks shared as well. My first received attacks that make use of Bravely Second. I'll need to do that at some point as I haven't been playing it quickly since I hit Chapter 6. Probably due to all the grinding I did to max out jobs.

My friend code is 0001-3317-3523, and I put it in the code thread, but I didn't get any responses, can anyone add me, and send me theri code?  I'd like some more people in my town, and a few attacks

man, i spent the money on Edea's Garb yesterday and now just grinding for more money for the outfits for others.  i don't think it shows for the friends move?  Just updated my move with edea in the best equip i have for her.

i hate that whenever i update and receive nemesis, all of them are way above my level. Wtf squareenix! Its a worthless feature imo since you can actually only try to fight them when your basically near the end. Sheesh!

i hate that whenever i update and receive nemesis, all of them are way above my level. Wtf squareenix! Its a worthless feature imo since you can actually only try to fight them when your basically near the end. Sheesh!
It would certainly be nice if the game tailored it a bit to your current level. Once I'm near the end of the game and can take them on, I know I'll have a lot of fun with those fights, but for now they're mostly off limits.

I'm on
Ch.5 and am surprised this game has all this back-tracking. KInd of a takes the wind out of the sails of fun. Is it worth it fighting all the asterisks again? I haven't been keeping up with re-building the town. Will that hurt me in the end?

I'm on
Ch.5 and am surprised this game has all this back-tracking. KInd of a takes the wind out of the sails of fun. Is it worth it fighting all the asterisks again? I haven't been keeping up with re-building the town. Will that hurt me in the end?
I'm only on Ch.6, but I didn't fight most of the asterisks in 5. I'm not planning on it in 6 either. I think they drop the best gear in 7. As for the town, the non-town weapons haven't updated since chapter 4, and I'm not sure if they will after chapter 4.

Yea, chapters 5-8 were a bit of a bummer for me.  Beat the game two days ago and it definitely did not make me want to go back through NG+  as much as I loved the first half. The only thing I really have left is to level all my jobs that I didnt bother doing because my ablink people were already at 14 on them. 

I'm killing everything, otherwise I would have beaten the game two weeks ago more than likely. The one thing I like about doing that is how the
dialogue changes every fight. Of course it may not be much, but for example in Chapter 6 when you fight the WHM & MNK duo, at the end they get back up due to reraise and have a go at each other. It honestly doesn't do much for the story, but it's amusing enough to me to make it worthwhile.

My friend code is 0001-3317-3523, and I put it in the code thread, but I didn't get any responses, can anyone add me, and send me theri code? I'd like some more people in my town, and a few attacks

gden: I added you.

my fc: 4441-8508-0848

anyone also welcomed to add me,
Went ahead and added both of you for the hell of it. I'm #166 on https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj8xz3nsn9dtdFZMSE5IMHdFQmQ4cmJYV0J5VnFTY2c&usp=sharing#gid=0

I'm on
Only one you need to fight in Ch 5 is
the red mage guy. It nets you the bravo bikini costume for Edea and you can't get it anywhere else. Skip all of them in later chapters as well honestly. You can get decent gear from them in Ch 7 but it's not that great. I'd look at a steal list for the enemies and pick and choose who is worth it for you to fight.

Only one you need to fight in Ch 5 is
the red mage guy. It nets you the bravo bikini costume for Edea and you can't get it anywhere else. Skip all of them in later chapters as well honestly. You can get decent gear from them in Ch 7 but it's not that great. I'd look at a steal list for the enemies and pick and choose who is worth it for you to fight.
I faught him in Ch. 6 and got it.

In the demo, do you eventually get other things to level besides the Weapon Shop, Armor Shop, Item Shop, and whatever that one in the bottom right is? It seems like there's a cleared area with a little guy standing near it, and there's a collapsed bridge also.

So tempted to just go buy the game, but $40 is rough.

bread's done
Back