Bravely Default - Out now in stores and on the eShop! (Demo available)

not in the demo. in retail you do get other shops like special moves shop.

imo get it. i have fun even just running in circle leveling new jobs.

Im at the end of chapter 4. Is it better to get the last asterisk job available at that point or can i just do it at the following chapter? Imight have to grind some more before tackling the 4th crystal anyways.

Im at the end of chapter 4. Is it better to get the last asterisk job available at that point or can i just do it at the following chapter? Imight have to grind some more before tackling the 4th crystal anyways.
Job 23 is obtained in...
Chapter 4 at the earliest. If you skip it there, you can get it later, but the fight to obtain it will be tougher.

Job 24 is obtained in...
Chapter 6. The side quest appears after a story event in a place outside of the 'usual' which you'll probably understand what that means when you get to Chapter 6.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the game this afternoon. Couldnt' resist. $5 Reward Zone thingie made slightly better.

Gotta figure out this friend stuff for abilities now.

Have a build question. On chapter 3 and just unlocked the Pirate class. Should I consider using a character with pirate now, or wait for another damage combo?

I am trying to figure out a good class structure for the game. Right now my party is

Valk/Spell Fencer

Ranger/Spell Fencer

White/Time Mage

Black Mage

Was curious if there is better options now, or just wait till later chapters.

Pirates are really fucking good.  Their debuffs are invaluable and they're really strong.  Put one in your party ASAP.

I have 2 pirates in chapter 7, subbed with swordsman. They're overpowered. 30,000 dmg a round without debuffs.

In chapters 1-4, Valk/spellfencer is probably one of the strongest combos. I wouldn't touch that one. I was hitting for 5k+ and 9,999 crits in chapter 3. My ranger was lucky to do half that. I rarely use black mages in any game though, but they're supposedly overpowered too.

Gden, Draekon, Wasabi, Umbry just added all of you, and added my FC to the googledoc. Just started this up, looking for friends :)

My code is 4098-3297-9795

Just bet
Chagmar in Chapter 3. Holy hell, that boss revitalized my love with the game because it was just brutal enough.

In Chapter 3 I unlock both these right?
Swordmaster and Ninja

Just curious.

What's a good build for the last job boss in Chapter 4?

I've been trying different ones but they are not as powerful when I
had the Black Mage, White Mage, Ranger, and Thief combo. I'm level 69 right now. I'm trying to grind to 70+. My current build is Spirtmaster, Templer, Arcanist, and Monk.

What's a good build for the last job boss in Chapter 4?

I've been trying different ones but they are not as powerful when I
had the Black Mage, White Mage, Ranger, and Thief combo. I'm level 69 right now. I'm trying to grind to 70+. My current build is Spirtmaster, Templer, Arcanist, and Monk.
That's way high, lol. You could take anything at that level and steamroll that fight. I was low/mid 50s when I finished Ch.4, and I had no trouble.

I just picked this up thanks to the Best Buy points sale. I know the demo gives Streetpass hits, along with the main game, but do the demo and main tag each other?

I could answer this myself, but haven't started playing the main yet (Demo is on a different 3DS). 

Question. What class pairs well with Ninja or should I say what class helps Ninja break the game to it's fullest potential, lol?

Question. What class pairs well with Ninja or should I say what class helps Ninja break the game to it's fullest potential, lol?
RDM+Pirate+Swordmaster, IMO. Specifically, Turn Tables+Axe Lore+Counter Amp, specifically. Then I dual wield the best axes I can find (I use Giant Axe + Fox Tail, or Fox Tail + Fox Tail if the character needs more agi). Then use Kirai to get the enemy to target you after you put up Utsusemi.

For some reason I can't defeat this boss. I might have to change some stuff or around.
You probably just need accessories. Assuming you're talking about
Dark Knight, equip Dark Charms. Or cheese it and use Utsusemi.

Ninja+Anything. It's really all about the abilities. Get turn tables from red mage, transience and comeback kid from Ninja and any physical bosses will never hit you, PLUS you get attack and BP bonuses with every attempted hit.

Just beat Ch 3 literally like 5 mins ago before work. I must say glad that Chapter is over, it was kind of a slog. Now though
Since I got the airship with fast travel, I feel like the game will improve or at least for me deal with the backtracking better. I hated in Ch 3 spending 5 mins walking somewhere, to only spend another 5 walking back. Also that last boss in Ch. 3 was a joke with the Ninja, lol.

I got Vampire/Ninja on that quiz.

Just beat Ch 3 literally like 5 mins ago before work. I must say glad that Chapter is over, it was kind of a slog. Now though
Since I got the airship with fast travel, I feel like the game will improve or at least for me deal with the backtracking better. I hated in Ch 3 spending 5 mins walking somewhere, to only spend another 5 walking back. Also that last boss in Ch. 3 was a joke with the Ninja, lol.

I got Vampire/Ninja on that quiz.
Wait till you get till chapter 5 w hen its the same thing as chapter 1-4 and the best thing is you get to redo it all again in chapter 6 7 and 8

I don't get the SP drinks thing. I leave my 3DS closed, and it says I have 3SP. But if I try to redeem them or do anything with them, I can't. It suggests I buy SP drinks. Can someone explain?

Well, I'm in chapter 3 right now, trying to figure out what jobs to use. 

I haven't gotten Ninja yet. Just got Pirate and working on Performer now.

I've been grinding on ch 6 for awhile nipping away at it.

How do you acquire the jobs
Vampire and Conjurer?

I've been grinding on ch 6 for awhile nipping away at it.

How do you acquire the jobs
Vampire and Conjurer?
Beat all the dragons at the shrines, then you can access the vampire castle. Do a longish quest series that starts at the Sage's residence.

After CH4, I sort of lost interest. I think I got to the end of the game... but it was fun; no regret on paying full retail for it.

Yea, I'm at ch. 7, and I've lost interest too. I've got almost 70 hours into the game, I think I got my moneys worth.
i think that is why i burned myself out on the game. i was 60 hours at the end of chapter 4 ranking up jobs. sold my copy but regot it at gamestop for 20 (20% birthday + 10 off) hopefully one day will go back to it and beat it (sold it when i hit chapter 5

Hey all, I picked up the BE CE at launch though have yet had any time to play it. I'm going to be traveling very soon and attending some festivals where I'm sure I'll get a ton of tags. How far into the game do I need to be to activate streetpass? Is it available right up front?

Wow, there's a chapter 7? I'm on 4 I think (where you
light the crystals for the second time)
and that seems so incredibly long. Well, it is probably just because I am trying to redo all the sidequest fights with all the NPCs as well. Since some of those are tough it is taking me several tries in some cases. I am also getting really bored of random battles so I pretty much have that turned off. But that is probably hurting me in terms of grinding/leveling. I'm trying to do that just on the bosses/sidequest fights.

I made a little progress since I was out of town for several days and only had a 3DS to play. Now that I'm back home it is back to Dark Souls 2 ;). But I need to make sure I finish this game soon.

Wow, there's a chapter 7? I'm on 4 I think (where you
light the crystals for the second time)
and that seems so incredibly long. Well, it is probably just because I am trying to redo all the sidequest fights with all the NPCs as well. Since some of those are tough it is taking me several tries in some cases. I am also getting really bored of random battles so I pretty much have that turned off. But that is probably hurting me in terms of grinding/leveling. I'm trying to do that just on the bosses/sidequest fights.

I made a little progress since I was out of town for several days and only had a 3DS to play. Now that I'm back home it is back to Dark Souls 2 ;). But I need to make sure I finish this game soon.
There's a chapter 8.
And an epilogue.

You can breeze through 5-8 in a matter of hours if you head only to the main points (assuming you're sufficiently leveled). You'll miss a couple classes though.

Ok, I love this game. I'm not even very far into the story after 15 or so hours but just wandering around and grinding JP has been fun.

So I'm around 40 hours and just got to Chapter 4. I'm still enjoying it but the game is starting to feel more tedious, not less. Some of the fetch quests have already been kind of obnoxious, sending you all over the world just to speak to 3 different people and return back to the starting point, and it's my understanding this just gets worse?

I want to see it through but man, I don't have a ton of free time for games and I've been playing this since it came out.

So I'm around 40 hours and just got to Chapter 4. I'm still enjoying it but the game is starting to feel more tedious, not less. Some of the fetch quests have already been kind of obnoxious, sending you all over the world just to speak to 3 different people and return back to the starting point, and it's my understanding this just gets worse?

I want to see it through but man, I don't have a ton of free time for games and I've been playing this since it came out.
I was hoping to read something that gave me the push to start the game...

I put an hour into it last month just to activate streetpass, as I was traveling a lot and ended up with over 120 tags in a weekend. Haven't touched it since I know it's going to be a time suck...

Downside: Chapter 5-8 is just that. Upside: You can skip most of them in 5-8 and breeze through in a couple hours. I skipped them in 5-7, and did them all in Ch. 8, cause it's the hardest variation. Then you can beat the game in another couple hours. Assuming you're not underleveled.

bread's done
Back