Brawl Nights - Tonight's the night!

Foo228

CAGiversary!
Feedback
124 (98%)
Super Smash Bros Brawl Nights!

List of participants in SSBBrawl Nights and days/times available:
Foo228/Foo (0860-2941-4678) Most weekdays, anytime est Competitive and Casual Nights
Daisydog/Janet (0473-7480-5534) Anywhere from 8pm - 3am central time Competitive and Casual Nights
hero101/hero (2750-1016-6892) Available last EST hours Competitive and Casual Nights
spmahn/Geoff (2879-1034-4087) 9pm to 2am EST is good for me Competitive and Casual Nights
Matt Young (0130-7694-6931) Pretty much evenings in general Competitive and Casual Nights
evergoo/Marc (4425-1135-4604) Whenever I feel like it, just post; weeknights pst Competitive and Casual Nights
yukine/yukin (3952-6704-5494) Evenings in general, like my homie Young Competitive and Casual Nights
JoeB1223/JoeB (3909-7175-1835)
Strell/Strel (1032-0903-4842) Almost any night after 10:30 PM Central Time Competitive and Casual Nights
Fallmoon/Fallm (2750-0760-0334) I am ALWAYS available, except when I'm sleeping Competitive and Casual Nights
Mad D/David (5370-0158-3393)
Veronica Mars (2621-2292-3131)
thejman563 (2535-3345-0611) Available mostly everyday
Make sure to register who you plan on playing with!

I'll try and keep it up to date as much as I can, in the op and my latest post.

If there are times you want to play:
Feel free to post when you're up for playing
Use the chatroom to see who's available now or in a bit
Enjoy! (the fruits of your labor)

Chatroom: enter username
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Give me a tab like the following:

Cag username/ssbb online name (friend code)
When available to play?
Up for Competitive and/or Casual Nights?

For example:
Foo228/Foo (0860-2941-4678)
Almost any weekday in the summer, anytime.
Up for Competitive and Casual Nights.

1) Competitive Nights
For Competitive Nights, items at a minimum.

2) Casual Nights
Everything and anything goes in Casual Nights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daisydog/Janet (0473-7480-5534)
Usually it's anywhere from 8pm - 3am central time.
Up for Competitive and Casual Nights

Hero: FC in my Sig
Available late EST hours except when I'm hanging out with my girl or asleep.
Usually 10 PM EST - 12 AM EST.
Up for Competitive and Casual Nights

Good idea with the time zones, added it in (for me).

Updated participants list - we're now at 3!
I think we can get this off the ground with even the three of us come tomorrow.
-
Some ideas I have for the casual nights:

Tuesday is Clone Wars (where we each choose one character and play matches where all of us are said character)

Friday is Column Elimination
Foo228 has column mario (with mario, luigi, peach, bowswer)
? has column link (with link, zelda/shiek, ganon, toon link)
after each round loser drops who they were when they lost (elimination style)

Sunday is Random (character is random, stage is random, ...?)

The days and gimmicks are arbitrary. Come up with stuff and share it, we'll see what holds water.

I'm up for this, both casual and competitive.
I'll update with my friend code when I get home
9pm to 2am EST is good for me

edit: Update with my info

Name/FC: Geoff/2879-1034-4087

Name/FC: Matt Young/0130-7694-6931
Available: Pretty much evenings in general, for the foreseeable future, anyway.
Type: I haven't played online, so I'd be more for casual, but I'd be willing to try competitive.

evergoo/Marc (4425-1135-4604)
Whenever I feel like it, just post; weeknights pst
Competitive/Casual

Suggestions on Smash-themed nights:
  • Topsy-Turvy Nights - random characters, medium all items, 5-stock, no time
  • Serious Business Nights - 3-stock, no items, no time
  • Gangbang Nights - 3-stock, no time, team battles, team attack on, no one reveals color selection, prepare for gangbangs :lol:

Playing this game again, I suck even on Easy. But what was meant to be a couple playthroughs through Classic to get Sonic (lost to him anyway) has turned into a SubSpace fest.

I'm studying for the Navy Officer Test. No games until Wednesday Night for me. I promised my girlfriend.

Suggestions for Smash theme Nights:
1) Dirty Harry: Person chose his/her character and all other characters for his opponents
2) Panties Nights: Everyone must use girly characters.
3) Sex Change: You could use your opponents mains and they must use your mains.
4) Anti-Goo Spam: No fireballs, bananas, lasers, items and projectile type characters may be used.

Updated op.

I like the ideas for the gimmicked nights.
We just need people to +1 them or something so we know what to play with (or we could always test run them see how they go..)

Crazy idea I just had, what about making achievements?
There would always be a counterbalance as at least 2 people would be on (1 would report, at least 1 would confirm).
If you feel the need to cheat the system :headache:

Hell, let's call them badges. They can be had in any order.

Competitive Brawl Night Badges:
1) Win your first competitive match.
2) Win a total of 5 matches.
3) Win a total of 10 matches.
4) Kill someone in the air.
5) Earn 50%+ of kills (3/4player only).
6) Fully taunt 3 times and win a 2 min match.
7) At least 2 stock your opponent(s).
8) Get 200%+ damage before dying.
9) Win a 5 stock match.
10) Get talked about for something cheap you did.

Casual Brawl Night Badges:
1) Play your first casual match.
2) Play your first casual night (at least 4 matches).
3) Play on a gimmick day.
4) Play a coin match.
5) Kill someone with an item.
6) Play a hammers only match.
7) Play 20 matches.
8) Get the Smash Ball 2 times in 1 match.
9) Get 3 pokeballs & 2 assist trophies or vice versa in 1 match.
10) Get talked about for something creative you did.

Feel free to add, or even remove, some badges.
As time goes by, more will most likely be added.

[quote name='Matt Young']Name/FC: Matt Young/0130-7694-6931
Available: Pretty much evenings in general, for the foreseeable future, anyway.
Type: I haven't played online, so I'd be more for casual, but I'd be willing to try competitive.[/QUOTE]

I put you up for Competitive and Casual Nights but was unsure if you wanted both or not. It's fine by me, if that's what you were getting at.

[quote name='hero101']I'm studying for the Navy Officer Test. No games until Wednesday Night for me. I promised my girlfriend.[/QUOTE]

No prob, bob - break a leg.

Re: Badges
Damn are Wii owners starving for some sort of achievement/trophy system. :lol:

Honestly though, let's cut the bs and put up some real badges: ;)
Gold - Fallen Moon: Beat FallMoon in a competitive 1-on-1 against her Zamus, no items
Gold - Triple Penetration. Denied.: Win a 1-on-3 handicap match, no items
Silver - No to Wheelchairs: Win a handicap match in a competitive Team Battle, no items
Silver - Scouts Honor: Win a FFA match without using any items, items on

Bronze - Flawless Victory: Beat your opponent(s) without losing a stock
Bronze - l337: Beat 3 formerly ranked CAG Smashers in a competitive FFA, no items
Bronze - Marathon Brawler: Brawl for 3 consecutive hours
Bronze - Curtain Call: Play with every single character within one session
Bronze - Monopoly: Become the only player to use all the Smash Balls, at least 3, within a match

No cheaters of course! That means no flopping for those precious badges. :p

Damn, real nice goo.

I made the badges fairly easy but all those sound fun to try and achieve. Nice job.

Anyone else up for the challenge (of creating/participating)?

You forgot about the sandbag achievement.

Yukine award - Lose 5 times to the same opponent.
*Note: If two Yukine awards are granted. It involves a 2 or 3 people vs. Evergoo.

[quote name='hero101']You forgot about the sandbag achievement.

Yukine award - Lose 5 times to the same opponent.
*Note: If two Yukine awards are granted. It involves a 2 or 3 people vs. Evergoo.[/QUOTE]
Even a better trophy:
Bronze - Goo Defense System. Defeated.: Outspam evergoo while defeating him by at least 2 stocks. Goo must confirm being outspammed :lol:

Also, here's another original one.
Bronze = Smile, You're on Candid Camera: Upload a new video on YouTube of CAGs playing Brawl

EDIT:
[quote name='hero101']in a girlfriend/boyfriend during the smash season and neglect to play games for a one week at least.[/quote]
That trophy is not deserving of Platinum. Here's the real one:
Platinum - I'm A Loser: Gain a girlfriend/boyfriend and then lose the girlfriend/boyfriend because your Smash addiction neglected him/her.

[quote name='hero101']Sith Lords Whacked[/quote]
I don't like the name of that trophy. Here's a better one: Bronze - Sith Lord Defeated, Ewok Destroyed

Here is another one:
Platinum Trophy - Gain a girlfriend/boyfriend during the smash season and neglect to play games for a one week at least.

You're so mean goo.

Platinum - Boy/Girl that Lived. - Survive a match against Evergoo, JoeB & Fallmoon via no items enabled.
Bronze - Sith Lord Defeated, Ewok Destroyed - Defeat Evergoo (Sith Lord) and hero101 (his dark apprentice) in a team match via no items enabled.
Bronze - Chicks Creamed: Defeat Daisydog (Link) & fallmoon (ZSS) in a team match via no items enabled.

[quote name='hero101']you forgot about the sandbag achievement.

Yukine award - lose 5 times to the same opponent.
*note: If two yukine awards are granted. It involves a 2 or 3 people vs. Evergoo.[/quote]

:cool: I demand this to be an achievement.

[quote name='yukine']:cool: I demand this to be an achievement.[/QUOTE]
I demand this achievement to be revised.

Bronze - Yunkie'd: - Trying your best against Yukine and actually LOSING, no items; Yukine must confirm this embarassment

Works for me, guess I should sign up then...

yukine/yukin (3952-6704-5494) Evenings in general, like my homie Young Competitive and Casual Nights

It'd be cool if someone actually made some small badge icons we can put in our sig or something... time to slave away, again, Mad D. :lol:

Thanks for the formatting, yukine.
-
Tomorrow is the first casual night.
Gimmick or no gimmick? If so, start voting on previous ideas.
Here they are:
Clone Wars (where we each choose one character and play matches where all of us are said character)

Column Elimination
? has column mario (with mario, luigi, peach, bowswer)
?? has column link (with link, zelda/shiek, ganon, toon link)
after each round loser drops who they were when they lost (elimination style)

Random (character is random, stage is random, ...?)

Topsy-Turvy Nights - random characters, medium all items, 5-stock, no time
Serious Business Nights - 3-stock, no items, no time
Gangbang Nights - 3-stock, no time, team battles, team attack on, no one reveals color selection, prepare for gangbangs

1) Dirty Harry: Person chose his/her character and all other characters for his opponents
2) Panties Nights: Everyone must use girly characters.
3) Sex Change: You could use your opponents mains and they must use your mains.
4) Anti-Goo Spam: No fireballs, bananas, lasers, items and projectile type characters may be used.
Feel free to add more. Just say if you like it with a +1 or quote it.

Also, here are some badges I thought of:
bronze - breaker - reverse (and kill) someone
bronze - roe vs. wade - drown an opponent
bronze - black sabbath - see tom nook perform

silver - evergone/evergreen - defeat evergoo (no matter the stipulation)
silver - the terminator - get 100 kills total
silver - david vs. goliath - take down a big guy

gold - david vs. goliath 2 - take down a big guy as a tiny guy

And why not have some character specific badges?
Here's what I came up with:
First 8 are only 5 match wins, next 16 are only 10 match wins, the rest are 15 apiece

Names so far: (feel free to make/edit some)
dr. mario - mario
brick wall luigi - luigi
big daddy - bowser
dragonfly - yoshi
king kong - donkey kong
tropic thunder - pikachu
vanilla ice - ice climbers
falcon lunch - capt falcon

For example: Win 5 matches with Mario and you become 'Dr. Mario' unless you have already had 8 characters ranked up, it would require 10 match wins, or unless you have 24 characters ranked up, it would require 15 match wins.

So who's up for tmrw? I'm loving hosting this already.

Oh crap... Tomorrow? Though I don't know what time we'll play at, I did commit to the weekly CAG Red Faction night on the 360. I can always play before or after, depending on what time you all start Smash and what time we play Faction.

[quote name='Matt Young']Oh crap... Tomorrow? Though I don't know what time we'll play at, I did commit to the weekly CAG Red Faction night on the 360. I can always play before or after, depending on what time you all start Smash and what time we play Faction.[/QUOTE]

This will probably be late, though. My guess is after you play Red Faction we'll start up the games.

How about 11pm est (8 pst)?

[quote name='evergoo']Won't be available until August 1st at the earliest. I hate playing with lag in San Diego. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Perfectly fine.

[quote name='spmahn']I'm good whenever, just let me know[/QUOTE]

Sweet.
-
Just a note: Make sure to register the friend codes of those playing tonight!
Foo228/Foo (0860-2941-4678) Most weekdays, anytime est Competitive and Casual Nights
spmahn/Geoff (2879-1034-4087) 9pm to 2am EST is good for me Competitive and Casual Nights
Matt Young/(0130-7694-6931) Pretty much evenings in general Competitive and Casual Nights

Others are more than welcome to join. Just add your info from the 1st post.

[quote name='Foo228']
Give me a tab like the following:

Cag username/ssbb online name (friend code)
When available to play?
Up for Competitive and/or Casual Nights?

For example:
Almost any weekday in the summer, anytime.
Up for Competitive and Casual Nights.[/QUOTE]

What up Foo,
Man, I love your name Foo.

Since we're the only contributors thus far, you should AIM hero and I so we can finalize on a list of Smash Badges. We seem to have different perceptions on what a bronze, silver, gold, and platinum are worth. :lol:

[quote name='Foo228']
How about 11pm est (8 pst)?
[/QUOTE]
You guys are hilarious! I'm up for playing tonight.
Random and Gangbang night would be my top choices.

What time are you guys playing tonight? I may be able to join! :)

EDIT: Learned to read, and found out that we're meeting around 9PM Mountain time. I'll do my best to be there. :) :)

Strell/Strel (1032-0903-4842)
Almost generally any night after 10:30 PM Central Time, though Sunday-Thursday are most likely nights.

Can't play any time this week though - too much going on. Just wanted to add my name to the list.

Fallmoon/Fallm (2750-0760-0334)
I am ALWAYS available, except when I'm sleeping.
Competitive and Casual nights both work for me, although I prefer a lack of items.

[quote name='yukine']So who will be the first to get the Yunkie achievement? :][/QUOTE]

I'm sure I will.

It appears that the Red Faction gaming will start at 5:30 Pacific, so if we aren't playing till 8, that should work out fine.

[quote name='evergoo']What up Foo,
Man, I love your name Foo.

Since we're the only contributors thus far, you should AIM hero and I so we can finalize on a list of Smash Badges. We seem to have different perceptions on what a bronze, silver, gold, and platinum are worth. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I don't have aim installed on my computer anymore :whistle2:#

No problem though, just aim me at foorealz28 as it's linked to my phone so I can talk to you (and hero) through that.

For what it's worth, shouldn't platinum simply be the one you get to show you got them all?
Or are we doing something different?

[quote name='Daisydog']You guys are hilarious! I'm up for playing tonight.
Random and Gangbang night would be my top choices.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear.

Tonight's going to be no gimmick as not enough people chose, but you have the leads. ;)

[quote name='JoeB1233']What time are you guys playing tonight? I may be able to join! :)

EDIT: Learned to read, and found out that we're meeting around 9PM Mountain time. I'll do my best to be there. :) :)[/QUOTE]

Wish you would've signed up when you learned to read...

I had to fish your fc from another smash thread #-o

[quote name='Strell']Strell/Strel (1032-0903-4842)
Almost generally any night after 10:30 PM Central Time, though Sunday-Thursday are most likely nights.

Can't play any time this week though - too much going on. Just wanted to add my name to the list.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='FallMoon']Fallmoon/Fallm (2750-0760-0334)
I am ALWAYS available, except when I'm sleeping.
Competitive and Casual nights both work for me, although I prefer a lack of items.[/QUOTE]

Updated. Thanks for the info.

Strell: That's fine.
FallMoon: Feel free to switch to items off when you get the chance tonight.

[quote name='yukine']So who will be the first to get the Yunkie achievement? :][/QUOTE]

They're badges, bro. At first I thought you misspelled your own username...then I saw your custom user title. :rofl:

[quote name='Matt Young']It appears that the Red Faction gaming will start at 5:30 Pacific, so if we aren't playing till 8, that should work out fine.[/QUOTE]

Awesome sauce. Btw, curry man and his theme are awesome (from your custom user title).
-
New list of those playing tonight:
spmahn/Geoff (2879-1034-4087)
Matt Young/(0130-7694-6931)
Daisydog/Janet (0473-7480-5534)
JoeB1223/JoeB (3909-7175-1835)
Fallmoon/Fallm (2750-0760-0334)
Again, be sure to register all those playing tonight before we begin (at 11pm est/8 pm pacific).

[quote name='Daisydog']I might be a little late for tonight's game.[/QUOTE]

Not a prob. Thanks for the info.

If one set is full, I'll leave and make a new one.

Foo, that's the real Curry Man with me in my avatar. He is indeed awesome.

So how do we set this up? I've never played Smash online. I will add you 5, though.

Pardon Hero's ignorance, but he's the one who started the Brawl Platinum badge. All PS3 owners know it's only for completionists and trophy whores. :cool:

Tomorrow or Thursday during the late morning or afternoon would be an ideal time to discuss about badges with Hero and I. We can create some sort of irc or something to minimize miscommunication. We can also 'patch' the game for future badges that we or other CAGs come up with. Ya know...like Smash 1.1. ;)

P.S. Remember, the goal is to make the Platinum practically unattainable. That way, no one will ever stop smashing and backlogs will exponentially grow. Bwahahaha!!! :evil:

[quote name='Matt Young']Foo, that's the real Curry Man with me in my avatar. He is indeed awesome.

So how do we set this up? I've never played Smash online. I will add you 5, though.[/QUOTE]

Man, that's cool.

Anyways, click on nintendo wi-fi connection on the starting screen and it should load (hopefully your wii is already connected to the internet) and click 'with friends' then 'friend roster' and 'enter friend code' under the banner with your name to input everyone's who is playing tonight.

[quote name='evergoo']Pardon Hero's ignorance, but he's the one who started the Brawl Platinum badge. All PS3 owners know it's only for completionists and trophy whores. :cool:

Tomorrow or Thursday during the late morning or afternoon would be an ideal time to discuss about badges with Hero and I. We can create some sort of irc or something to minimize miscommunication. We can also 'patch' the game for future badges that we or other CAGs come up with. Ya know...like Smash 1.1. ;)

P.S. Remember, the goal is to make the Platinum practically unattainable. That way, no one will ever stop smashing and backlogs will exponentially grow. Bwahahaha!!! :evil:[/QUOTE]

Sounds good to me. :)
-
Where is everybody?!

[quote name='Matt Young']Yeah, I know how to add people. I just wasn't sure how to get a group all in the same game. I'm getting on now to enter the codes.[/QUOTE]

Alright sweet. Just click 'brawl' after 'with friends' and go to 'create room'.

Daisydog and you are excused, but where is everyone else?! :hot:

[quote name='spmahn']Ok, I added everyone, just waiting for people to accept and start their game[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Time to start brawlin'

Achievement unlocked: Survived 86420 Error

Achievement unlocked: Brought the Pain to Hero

Achievement unlocked: Gloated

I got a phone call, which is why I signed off. It was fun playing with spmahn, Daisydog, and Foo. I actually won a couple before Janet came in and kicked all our asses.

bread's done
Back