Brawl Nights - Tonight's the night!

Gee guys, sorry for such careless neglect! Wi-fi was torturing me with error code after error code, and while the battles stretched for over one week, I was victorious in the end. I'll be available for battles tonight.

[quote name='FallMoon']Gee guys, sorry for such careless neglect! Wi-fi was torturing me with error code after error code, and while the battles stretched for over one week, I was victorious in the end. I'll be available for battles tonight.[/QUOTE]

Didn't have brawls tonight, sorry.

We will have a tourney hosted by hero tomorrow (6/29) though.

So after much talk about boobs, panties, and Hero's infatuation with both of them, I'm in charge of Gangbang Nights on Fridays. HOWEVER, I'll have to postpone it to Sunday (August 2nd) for this week because my connection is laggy here and not in Berkeley.

This week's rules are 3-stock, no time, no items, no one reveals color selection, prepare for gangbangs. I might eventually extend Gangbang Nights into a gimmick night. Hero suggested alcohol but I told him he can't handle liquor so I'll come up with better ideas as time goes by...'cuz y'all know me: I'm krazy! :whee:

Last but not least, the 3 hosts debated and agreed to about 10 badges so far. Eventually, we'll bitch and moan more to finalize all the Smash 1.0 badges.

There's no way I can commit to doing this every night, but I'm up for once a week type of thing. I like the random/items type deal. We did this a week or two ago, and I don't know about everyone else but I had a blast.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']There's no way I can commit to doing this every night, but I'm up for once a week type of thing.[/QUOTE]
We've agreed to 3 nights: Wednesdays (Hero), Fridays (me), and Saturdays (Foo). We just offered 3 days because some of us might not be available if it was hosted only once a week. Pick and choose, Blue!

It's okay, Foo, but I was bit surprised to see that no one signed on. I thought yesterday was Brawl Night, and seeing no one on, I assumed it was one of those annoying, online glitches where everyone appeared offline. I even removed and re-added Daisydog and JoeB to put it to the test!

I'll definitely be on tonight, but people should post prior to signing on just to confirm that they're available.

Okay, I know I have absolutely no say in this, BUUUUUUUUUUUT, here are some ideas for badges. WARNING, very few ideas:

Competitive/Casual 1V1 Match Badges:

Gold: POKEBALLS GALORE - Pokeballs on high, defeat your opponent without using one (Opponent can use as many Pokeballs as he/she wants, and you MAY throw Pokeballs off the cliff). Thanks for the indirect idea, Goo!
Silver: Hey, that's not fair! - Defeat your opponent’s character with his/her biggest strength (Ex: You use Metaknight, I use Ganondorf. You use Marth, I use Ness.)
Bronze: Doppelganger - Defeat your opponent with his/her OWN main.

FFA / Team Match Badge:

Platinum: That's impossible - Defeat Evergoo and JoeB on a 2v1 team, TEAM ATTACK OFF.

:lol:

I like your ideas, FallMoon, and we're definitely taking ideas from others. It's just very few of y'all are recommending any. Anyways, I'm pushing for this adapted Strell one:

Bronze: I Survived an 86420 and Lived to Tell About It: Connect in a game with Strell with at most 1 disconnect.

[quote name='evergoo']:lol:

I like your ideas, FallMoon, and we're definitely taking ideas from others. It's just very few of y'all are recommending any. Anyways, I'm pushing for this adapted Strell one:

Bronze: I Survived an 86420 and Lived to Tell About It: Connect in a game with Strell with at most 1 disconnect.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Evergoo! Not much is going on today, so this is going to be the high point of my night. All I can do to make it better is offer ideas. Oh, by the way:

GOLD: I survived 20100 and lived to tell about it: Defeat error code 20100 in a match.

[quote name='FallMoon']Well, a tournament is being hosted, right Hero? Also, are we able to talk on that link you sent?[/QUOTE]
Yeah. It is more organized that way.

[quote name='hero101']Yeah. It is more organized that way.[/QUOTE]

Then it's probably just best to wait until everyone joins.

And Foo, I'll be playing tonight.

Nice Strell badge... :lol: I hope the Yunkie badge was added.

I should be able to make it tonight, so put me down for confirmed.

Edit: So wait, is it competitive night? I haven't played in a loooong time and I would rather play in some casual matches before getting all serious on dat ass. So unconfirm me.

Updated op.

Mad D and Veronica Mars are now in.

Sorry for half-assing today, hero. I'll be more 'on the ball' going forward.
-
So who's up for playing on Sunday (8/2)?
There is no specific time to speak of yet, so post when you are free.

[quote name='Foo228']So who's up for playing on Sunday (8/2)?
There is no specific time to speak of yet, so post when you are free.[/QUOTE]
You're not hosting Saturday? :whistle2:k

And I was thinking 8 pm pdt was the designated times for all these nights. Anyways, make sure to update the thread title Foo and hop on AIM (when you can) so we can discuss more about badges. Hero ain't doing anything besides watching anime probably, and I need a break from Bing slavery.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']I'm on right now if anyone is interested.[/QUOTE]
Probably too late to respond. Next time. Unless you happen to see this and message back.

[quote name='evergoo']You're not hosting Saturday? :whistle2:k

And I was thinking 8 pm pdt was the designated times for all these nights. Anyways, make sure to update the thread title Foo and hop on AIM (when you can) so we can discuss more about badges. Hero ain't doing anything besides watching anime probably, and I need a break from Bing slavery.[/QUOTE]

I'll think about hosting it tomorrow, don't want to confirm anything I can't commit to.

8 pm pdt/11 pm edt is fine by me too but we have to accommodate the majority of those playing.

[quote name='evergoo']Foo,

Thread title sounds boring. I want Sunday to read Gangbang Night. :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

Grow a fanbase for it and I'll do it. My job is to get people to play, not to intimidate them. ;)

[quote name='Foo228']Grow a fanbase for it and I'll do it. My job is to get people to play, not to intimidate them. ;)[/QUOTE]
I already have a fanbase via SingStar. And if you don't know about it, click here to see all my embarrassing videos. Am I qualified now? :p

Oh my gosh, this thread is shockingly busy.

Evergoo, we didn't make it because we had our own little room! Although I admit, that was quite unorganized. Good games Mad D and Hero, sorry about my sister! That was rude of her to say you guys stink, especially after you WON.

By the way, is anyone still on Brawl?

[quote name='evergoo']I already have a fanbase via SingStar. And if you don't know about it, click here to see all my embarrassing videos. Am I qualified now? :p[/QUOTE]

Not bad, not bad.

Hope you understand that I need some numbers to show people want/like gangbangs (enough to warrant a title change).
So for now, I'm going to be like a boss (springsteen style :cool:) and deny your request.

You did some ridiculous things in those videos of yours, though.
I don't think I'll ever see 'I believe in a thing called love' differently now.

That was fun, I hope we can play again Joe, Fallmoon and her sibling. I hope I played much better than I did earlier in the evening.

Sorry for confusing you Joe with the Double DDD's. I kept confusing myself in those matches :lol:

GGs to FM, Mad D, and FallMoon's bro. :) I had a lot of fun, especially during teams!

EDIT: No worries David; I had a pretty good grasp on who I was most of the night. :p

Yeah, our DDDs weren't much of a match for bullet seed their team. :p

Also, those games were surprisingly low on lag. I always get a great connection with FallMoon.

[quote name='JoeB1233']Yeah, our DDDs weren't much of a match for bullet seed their team. :p

Also, those games were surprisingly low on lag. I always get a great connection with FallMoon.[/QUOTE]

I actually found the DDDDDD team to be quite a challenge. I think we lost pretty badly against them once or twice.

And JoeB, it's a bit ironic that you have a great connection with me. My brother was complaining about the lag.

Haha, different perspectives, I guess. :)

What I suppose would be more accurate to say is: in comparison to the lag I usually encounter, the lag experienced last night was pretty minimal.

EDIT: Also, I'm actually free tonight to play! And the games last night reignited my excitement for this game, so I really would like to play again! Anybody want to schedule something?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Veronica Mars']Has anyone added me so I can add them.
I added hero, but that's it :/[/QUOTE]

Add everyone from the op.

Everyone else should do the same.

[quote name='JoeB1233']Haha, different perspectives, I guess. :)

What I suppose would be more accurate to say is: in comparison to the lag I usually encounter, the lag experienced last night was pretty minimal.

EDIT: Also, I'm actually free tonight to play! And the games last night reignited my excitement for this game, so I really would like to play again! Anybody want to schedule something?[/QUOTE]

Well, since you're very good at Brawl, the lag is probably less noticeable for you. My brother is used to playing the game OFFLINE, so it was probably an unexpected surprise for him.

Also, I'll be free to play as well. See you tonight, JoeB!

Haha, different perspectives, I guess. :)

EDIT: Also, I'm actually free tonight to play! And the games last night reignited my excitement for this game, so I really would like to play again! Anybody want to schedule something?

Well, since you're very good at Brawl, the lag is probably less noticeable for you. My brother is used to playing the game OFFLINE, so it was probably an unexpected surprise for him.

Also, I'll be free to play as well. See you tonight, JoeB!

EDIT:
gold - david vs. goliath 2 - take down a big guy as a tiny guy

Okay, I know this is an extremely late reply, but I hope this badge doesn't refer to beating a heavyweight character like bowser, with a lightweight character like Metaknight. That would be worth less than bronze. :'(

[quote name='FallMoon']EDIT:

Okay, I know this is an extremely late reply, but I hope this badge doesn't refer to beating a heavyweight character like bowser, with a lightweight character like Metaknight. That would be worth less than bronze. :'(
[/QUOTE]

What I meant was a tiny character (one who got a poison mushroom) defeating a giant character (one who got a super mushroom).

So to answer you q, it can be like that (bowser v mk), but it would be a quite a triumph.

[quote name='Foo228']What I meant was a tiny character (one who got a poison mushroom) defeating a giant character (one who got a super mushroom).

So to answer you q, it can be like that (bowser v mk), but it would be a quite a triumph.[/QUOTE]

I do like the idea, but sometimes it's hard to distinguish poison mushrooms from super mushrooms, and you'd have to keep getting them for the entire battle, which would also cause interruption.

If only Wi-fi had more customizable options! Make one character tiny, and one giant, you know?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FallMoon']I do like the idea of that, but sometimes it's hard to distinguish poison mushrooms from super mushrooms, and you'd have to keep getting them for the entire battle, which would also cause interruption.

If only Wi-fi had more customizable options! Make one character tiny, and one giant, you know?[/QUOTE]

True. Only thing is I don't that badge is actually going to be a badge.

bread's done
Back