Breaking Bad Appreciation Thread

I enjoyed Lost. I enjoyed the flash forwards as well. Having said that, the entire temple/Jacob/Man in Black storyline seemed tacked on. The show didn't have to answer and explain everything, but what was explained could have been interesting.

Breaking Bad doesn't have mythology to explain. It just has a couple of guys who have lost everything and an hour or so to do something big with them.

I'm predicting that Jesse somehow adopts Brock (kind of foreshadowed throughout the seasons).

I'm not sure what Walt is going to do. My guess is he kills Uncle Jack's crew and that Jesse takes out Todd.

Nope, it will be Pinkman waking up in Mr. White's class.... ;)
And Walt will be standing in front of him saying: Jesse, you need to apply yourself. Walt will have his hair and beard. Then he'll put on his Heisenberg hat and say to Jesse "It's time to cook." Jesse will get up and realize he is tripping out. Then he'll stumble around the classroom, fall over, hit his head and wake up. He'll still be in the underground prison with the Nazi's. Walt will have killed them all. Jesse will look up and see Walt. Walt will be unzipping his pants and say payback bitch. He'll take a leak on Jesse, zip his pants back up, and cover Jesse's prison back up as he walks off into the sun set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good enough ending.  Pretty much exactly what I was expecting, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.  I was a little surprised with what he did with Elliot and Gretchen.  I thought they were in big trouble.

walt jr had 0 lines in the finale

good enough for me, so Walt is going to turn himself in sees Grethen and that other dude talking about how walt did nothing for the company he gets pissed and decides to visit them and really does nothing to them so if that TV wasn't turned on those nazi's would have lived, etc

Good enough ending. Pretty much exactly what I was expecting, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I was a little surprised with what he did with Elliot and Gretchen. I thought they were in big trouble.
Yeah wasn't really a holy shit finale more like everything that had to happen happened sort of finale

I think the most surprising thing to me, and what I think is the most underrated aspect of the show, is the musical choices.  Absolutely.  100%.  Without Fail.  Perfect.  Every time.

I really can't think of what else I wanted from this ending, since it wrapped up everything, and in most cases great and/or ironic ways.

I watched a lot of the Breaking Badathon that AMC had over the weekend and man, it was crazy obvious Walt was going to use the Stevia for the Ricin after watching them all in a row.

They always find ways to surprise you. The Skinny Pete and Badger thing. Awesome. The music is always top notch in this show. I loved the whole scene with Gretchen and Elliot. The whole time I thought he was going to kill them in some magical way, but no.

I watched a lot of the Breaking Badathon that AMC had over the weekend and man, it was crazy obvious Walt was going to use the Stevia for the Ricin after watching them all in a row.

I think that's the only thing people had nailed down for a few episodes.

I thought he was going to fumigate the nazi's with it I'm not even sure thats how ricin works

btw lydia without make up ruined any fantasy I had for her

I really loved two things about the finale. The fact that he inadvertently killed himself and that he finally admitted he did it for himself.

Wow, so just do Lost's ending. Okay.

So what happened to Huell, is he still in that house just waiting? Weird.

Skinny Pete and Badger are the best characters ever.

Welp. Guess I'm done with TV now.
I mean, I guess until Game of Thrones comes back, sure.

I totally thought Jesse was going to run Walt over with the car.

Vince Gilligan's reason for why Walt laid the watch on the telephone was hilarious.

I smoked a little something so i might be tripping. The Ending was beautiful..Walter brought Jesse into his fantasy of becoming a King (All Hail The King). He also said he liked it, and he was finally good at something. As he also mentions with Skylar, He did it for himself and NOT for his family. Every Character in the show Broke Bad as in their "Breaking Bad" both Good and Bad. Walter tried to help his family financially because he had cancer but instead destroyed the family, Hank and Marie know Walter so they were dragged into "Breaking Bad" , Steve Gomez was brought in the mess by Hanks determination of arresting Heisenburg, Walters kids, Holly not having a good family and by embarrassing Walt Jr. Lydia was brought in Todds buisness and she was poisoned. Jesses Girlfriends died and their family broke bad.  And Todd his Uncle and his gang ended in a disaster, was Walter and Jesse's way of Breaking the Bad. Walter brought Jesse into his fantasy and because Walter destroyed his dream of becoming The King. He wanted to help his family but instead destroyed everything. So he owed Jesse to Break the Bad and continue his life in peace. Skinny Pete and Badger loyal but dumb lived through Breaking Bad being good friends of Jesse. Combo was killed becuase of his Ego of being a drug dealer. The Cartel broke bad and everyone died, Gustavo and Mike along with Everyone involved with the drugs empire we Killed off. In the end, Walter was a King because he lived through the whole thing the longest. Jesse lives, when he was driving at first he seemed mad but when he broke the fence he finally broke the bad he was happy and he knew he was free from Walters mess. The ending reminds me a lot like the ending of Lost. Same theme and style, The ending showed Jack dieing knowing he did something good and lived the longest and they did everything they can to help the people they loved and drifting away from the camera slowly feeling death. I literaly cried during the last minutes of the show knowing everything ends. Jesse Seeing Walter die knowing he risked his life by helping him once again. , All Hail The King.

I smoked a little something so i might be tripping. The Ending was beautiful..Walter brought Jesse into his fantasy of becoming a King (All Hail The King). He also said he liked it, and he was finally good at something. As he also mentions with Skylar, He did it for himself and NOT for his family. Every Character in the show Broke Bad as in their "Breaking Bad" both Good and Bad. Walter tried to help his family financially because he had cancer but instead destroyed the family, Hank and Marie know Walter so they were dragged into "Breaking Bad" , Steve Gomez was brought in the mess by Hanks determination of arresting Heisenburg, Walters kids, Holly not having a good family and by embarrassing Walt Jr. Lydia was brought in Todds buisness and she was poisoned. Jesses Girlfriends died and their family broke bad. And Todd his Uncle and his gang ended in a disaster, was Walter and Jesse's way of Breaking the Bad. Walter brought Jesse into his fantasy and because Walter destroyed his dream of becoming The King. He wanted to help his family but instead destroyed everything. So he owed Jesse to Break the Bad and continue his life in peace. Skinny Pete and Badger loyal but dumb lived through Breaking Bad being good friends of Jesse. Combo was killed becuase of his Ego of being a drug dealer. The Cartel broke bad and everyone died, Gustavo and Mike along with Everyone involved with the drugs empire we Killed off. In the end, Walter was a King because he lived through the whole thing the longest. Jesse lives, when he was driving at first he seemed mad but when he broke the fence he finally broke the bad he was happy and he knew he was free from Walters mess. The ending reminds me a lot like the ending of Lost. Same theme and style, The ending showed Jack dieing knowing he did something good and lived the longest and they did everything they can to help the people they loved and drifting away from the camera slowly feeling death. I literaly cried during the last minutes of the show knowing everything ends. Jesse Seeing Walter die knowing he risked his life by helping him once again. , All Hail The King.
Quoting this before you realize you're retarded and try to delete it.

If NfS takes place after Breaking Bad, then it just further goes to show that Jesse's girlfriends cannot catch a break.

Unless it's their necks.

Didn't Walt help Lydia by tipping her off to the ricin poisoning?  She can just check herself into the ER and get treated for ricin now.  Sort of defeats the purpose to tell them before they're dead.

I enjoyed the finale.  I liked how they tied up the loose ends.  I hate it when shows leave you hanging (i.e. Sopranos, Lost, etc.)  When Vince said he got emotional about his final episode, I was expecting some tear jerker finale but it wasn't that all.  But it makes sense from his point of his view since the show is his baby. 

It's still a sad ending.  Everybody hates Walt by the time he meets his demise.  Walt Jr. despises him to the point that he can't even get a proper goodbye.  Aunt Marie wants him dead.  He never gets to see Holly grow up as she'll never have a good memory of him.  Jesse and Skylar are the only ones that have any sort of reconciliation with him.  Skylar gets her escape card while Walt confronts his inner demons.  Jesse realizes Walt saves his life but no longer allows Walt to tell him what to do.  Walt just dies there inside that meth lab ... alone.  I rooted for a flawed character so I was a little sad he died that way but given what could have happened, at least he righted some of the wrongs on his way out (i.e. sets up his family, avenges Hank, frees Jesse, comes to grips with himself).

#goodbyebreakingbad

Didn't Walt help Lydia by tipping her off to the ricin poisoning? She can just check herself into the ER and get treated for ricin now. Sort of defeats the purpose to tell them before they're dead.
That actually did kinda bug me. Maybe he waited juuust long enough for it to be untreatable. That's how it went in my head. No way can she live.

Speaking of her, how about Todd's creepy ass ringtone?

I totally thought Jesse was going to run Walt over with the car.

Vince Gilligan's reason for why Walt laid the watch on the telephone was hilarious.

I forgot what happened. Walt just confirms Elliot and Gretchen's new address and places the watch that Jesse gave him as a gift on top of the telephone booth. What'd I miss again?

I forgot what happened. Walt just confirms Elliot and Gretchen's new address and places the watch that Jesse gave him as a gift on top of the telephone booth. What'd I miss again?
http://www.vulture.com/2013/09/breaking-bad-finale-facts-learned-on-talking-bad.html

Gilligan explained that the reason Walt placed his watch (the one Jesse gave him for his 51st birthday) on top of the payphone after pretending to be the New York Times reporter was only retrofitted symbolism: The reason he had to do it was because they realized that in the flash-forward of him at Denny's that they'd shot for episode 501, Walt wasn't wearing a watch, so they had to explain where it went for continuity reasons. And so, out of necessity, they came up with what Gilligan called the "artsy fartsy" reason: It was a symbol of Walt, seeing the end is near, cutting ties with one of his "arch-nemeses," Jesse.

Love the attention to detail. Even if it purely correctional.

http://www.vulture.com/2013/09/breaking-bad-finale-facts-learned-on-talking-bad.html

Gilligan explained that the reason Walt placed his watch (the one Jesse gave him for his 51st birthday) on top of the payphone after pretending to be the New York Times reporter was only retrofitted symbolism: The reason he had to do it was because they realized that in the flash-forward of him at Denny's that they'd shot for episode 501, Walt wasn't wearing a watch, so they had to explain where it went for continuity reasons. And so, out of necessity, they came up with what Gilligan called the "artsy fartsy" reason: It was a symbol of Walt, seeing the end is near, cutting ties with one of his "arch-nemeses," Jesse.

Love the attention to detail. Even if it purely correctional.
Oh ok thanks, I never watched the Talking Bad follow up so that makes sense. Re: Talking Bad discussion points - I didn't think it was as clear that Walt felt bad for Jessie at the final showdown. After the conclusion, I figured he just simply had a change of heart and couldn't go through with killing Jesse since throughout the entire series he always looked at him as his second son. He took care of him and stuck his neck out for him whenever he was in danger at his own expense. So if I were to have directed that scene, I would have shown a longer more obvious look of sympathy on Walt when he meets Jessie again.

One of my favorite scenes of the finale was when Walt shoots Jack dead. When Jack offers up the remaining $70 million, Walt doesn't hesitate and kills him before he even finishes talking. At first I was absorbing the thought of how he finally became a changed man over the show's run to become a cold killer now but then I realized it wasn't his first time. He killed Mike too in a somewhat similar fashion.

That final song was awesome for whatever reason AMC is the only channel that shows subtitles so I was reading the lyrics and it fit so perfectly.

bread's done
Back