Breaking Bad Appreciation Thread

Good ending, though I was almost a little let down on how clean it was. Walt Jr looking fly as fuck.

Very silly how they didn't pop his trunk at the gate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good ending, though I was almost a little let down on how clean it was. Walt Jr looking fly as fuck.

Very silly how they didn't pop his trunk at the gate.
They scoped the car and it looked empty. They didn't have to worry about the trunk so much because they'd never give him a chance to open it. Of course, it's possible he could have a bomb in there, but I don't know that it's that surprising that they wouldn't consider that possibility.

It just seems like the 2nd nature thing to do in the criminal business. That much aside, it's still a pretty massive assumption by Walt that they wouldn't search the trunk.

It just seems like the 2nd nature thing to do in the criminal business. That much aside, it's still a pretty massive assumption by Walt that they wouldn't search the trunk.
Walt had a lot of assumptions going in. I mean, there was a pretty good chance that they were going to kill him before he even got the chance to speak. But he didn't care at that point. He was going to die either way, he might as well have given it his best shot first.

In the end, Walt may have caused a lot of deaths but his journey also ironically enough created a lot of good. He single handedly wiped out every major drug supplier in the southwest (crazy8/Tuco, Gus, Aryans). Further, because of him Gus had the power and determination to cripple the Mexican cartel. There were even little things that he improved; his family will end up getting just shy of $10 million soon and Jesse seems to be leaving drugs behind for good.

Will it be worth all the harm he caused? I dunno but the ripple effect of his actions are certainly interesting to take into account.

In the end, Walt may have caused a lot of deaths but his journey also ironically enough created a lot of good. He single handedly wiped out every major drug supplier in the southwest (crazy8/Tuco, Gus, Aryans). Further, because of him Gus had the power and determination to cripple the Mexican cartel. There were even little things that he improved; his family will end up getting just shy of $10 million soon and Jesse seems to be leaving drugs behind for good.

Will it be worth all the harm he caused? I dunno but the ripple effect of his actions are certainly interesting to take into account.
The beauty of this show was the resolved pretty much everything that needed resolved, but also left things open ended enough to allow viewers to end it in their own mind.
Did Jesse even get away, or did he drive straight into the teeth of the police? Will he actually leave drugs for good? He has seen too much go on to be unaffected, with two of his girlfriends dieing and being tortured for months. He's still an addict, and has been driven back to drugs for much less in the past.
The romantic in me has resolved Jesse's story with him getting away and cleaning up, perhaps woodworking like he dreamt about. But you could certainly make a case for other options.

As for Walt, I have a hard time reconciling his actions that way. Sure, he took down other drug lords, but it wasn't for honest reasons. It was because HE wanted to be King. And he allowed his product to be distributed in Europe too, creating a demand in that market as well. Sure, he killed all the figures that he worked with, but there has to be more to those drug rings than just those people. Like you said, the ripple effect of it all is amazing to think about.

Yeah, I'd like to think Jesse went on to do woodworking but we can only speculate.

As for the "good" of his actions they certainly weren't from an altruistic motivation. Nevertheless, removing that many drug suppliers from a region certainly will have some positive effects. On the other hand, there's been quite a few DEA agent position openings as well, so...

I like to think Jesse went back to take care of Brock instead of becoming a lumberjack with you-know-who.
I was thinking that could jesse adopt brock? I mean he isn't the father or legal guardian of him. Brock went on to be a motherless- fatherless orphan of the state

Problem with Jesse trying to adopt Brock, the two DEA agents that he made a deal with are both 6 feet under at a certain coordinates where some money used to be. And Hank was playing a lot of it pretty close to the chest until he could bust it all open, so there isn't likely another agent that knows about Jesse's deal. So he is likely still a fugitive.

That junkie Jesse can't adopt Brock. Brock's grandma would get custody. As for speculating on Jesse's future, he'd most likely turn back to drugs and end up dead. Dude was hopeless at the end.

Yup, dude should have taken that deal with Saul when he had the chance. His attempt to avenge Brock only got the kid's mother killed. Smooth.

lol, yeah. i almost flipped a table when they decided to continue cooking.

"$80 mil!? we're set for life! oh, but todd wants to get in this chick's pants, soooo... i guess we're back to months and months of work and unnecessary risks."

lol, yeah. i almost flipped a table when they decided to continue cooking.

"$80 mil!? we're set for life! oh, but todd wants to get in this chick's pants, soooo... i guess we're back to months and months of work and unnecessary risks."
They live for the high their lifestyle provides. Plus they know their money has little use. You think some neo Nazi's can spend any of that and get away with it? And they killed 12 people and no one has put any heat on them. You either got the heat or you don't. They got a better chance of selling meth and not drawing heat than they would if they bought a car or house.

They live for the high their lifestyle provides. Plus they know their money has little use. You think some neo Nazi's can spend any of that and get away with it? And they killed 12 people and no one has put any heat on them. You either got the heat or you don't. They got a better chance of selling meth and not drawing heat than they would if they bought a car or house.
Ehh I don't know. They reason they gave the viewers was that Todd wanted Lydia. Jack thought he was insane for wanting to continue the cooking operation after aquiring Walt's 80 mil, and then he was like 'well alright, I see you found a lady and I respect that.'

Which isn't outside the show's writing. They portray most of the big criminal groups like cartoon caricatures.

This is not a photoshop...well I guess it technically could have been made in photoshop.  Looks like Flynn needs the extra cash.  Maybe he never got that inheritance?

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23158]

Just want to note series spoilers here as I just concluded the series the other day...

Finished the finale and I thought it went alright. I've always been anti-Sylar so I was very disappointed she got away seemingly untouched. She may not have the same sins as Walt under her belt but the later season proved she's pretty fucked up in the head like Walt and not someone I would entrust to raise kids. I was sincerely hoping (this was before the last few episodes mind when I realized it wouldn't happen) she would die or be detained and custody of the kids would go to Hank and Marie. Thanks to Walt and the deaths of the agents who know the true story she pretty much got off free while everyone else in the cast lost so much...Walt died, Marie lost her husband, Saul leaves town, and Jesse's fate is left ambigous but will certainly not end well probably. Personally I thought by series end she was a very unstable bitch who should have been locked up but I guess the ending was more realistic this way since in real life injustice like that happens all the time.

My theory on Jesse is that he probably committed suicide immediately or shortly after his escape from the compound. His life was pretty much over at that point as he lost everything in those months. In addition to already being mentally drained from all those months of servitude (as well as before that) he was bound to be on the run since his prints are all over that meth lab and the gun at Jack's place. I see people say he might have went through with Alaska but as it's been reminded more than once there are no second chances with the extractor, you go through it the first time or you never do. Even if Jesse decided to live, unfortunately if it's one thing that never really changed about him was his reliance on drugs as he's relapsed more than once on everything so I do not think he'd be sober so drug abuse would be in his future. By that decision he would probably kill himself by using at some point. As much as I had hoped Jesse would have a happy ending based on the ending I don't see him having any positive outcome. He already didn't care about pretty much anything before he was held captive and was ready to die then and the only reason why he lived was so he could ensure Brock was not harmed so with his freedom I doubt anything changed him to want to live anymore.

Just finally finished Breaking Bad. I've crammed 5 seasons in about 3 months ha. I will be tuning in for the spin off.

Finished up the series the other night.  My fiancee and I both loved it from start to finish.  I had no issues with the finale.

Kind of mixed on whether the prequel spin off will be any good.  Will definitely give it a go though.

Finished up the series the other night. My fiancee and I both loved it from start to finish. I had no issues with the finale.

Kind of mixed on whether the prequel spin off will be any good. Will definitely give it a go though.
I liked it. I watched Season 1 - 5p1 in a really short time frame and then watched S5p2 about a year later. I thought the ending was fine too... maybe a little bit underwhelming. I kind of felt like they stole the theme from "The Shield" minus the lead not dying. The biggest difference being that I feel like Walt understood he had become a bad guy and wasn't trying to justify it anymore behind the whole "...for the family act" whereas in The Shield it felt like Mackie never came to that realization.

Gotta give it to AMC though. They've been killing it the last few years

Finished up the series the other night. My fiancee and I both loved it from start to finish. I had no issues with the finale.

Kind of mixed on whether the prequel spin off will be any good. Will definitely give it a go though.
Since I think it will be far different in tone, I'm fine with it. It should be good.

Forgot to mention that the remaining episodes from season 5 is on netflix so I could finally delete them from my DVR.  I would love to have my wife get into the show but she couldn't find interest passed the pilot.  Back in december I bought from what I could find 3 soundtracks for the show.  Hmm... most of it sounds so depressing.  Did they ever release stuff for season 4 and 5?  I was able to find the music from the scene where they blow up the super lab on youtube...but I want to get the cd.

As for the prequel....I will be watching it..

There's been talk but apparently Aaron Paul should definitely be expected to show up in some capacity as Jesse in Better Call Saul according to an article. I guess Vince Gilligan has said Jesse would be workable in it according to Paul so now it remains to be seen how big his role will be. Gotta be a cameo, can't see it being anything else.

bread's done
Back