Breaking Bad Appreciation Thread

I expected too much from this episode after last week's, but it was still good.

So is Walt pissed because Elliot and Gretchen said he did nothing for their company or is he pissed cause Todd and crew took his money and still making his meth?

And god dammit Jesse how have you not learned your actions have consequences. They already threatened taking out Andrea and you pull that.

fuckin Matt Damon.

Once they took out his girl, there's no way I do anything for them.
Sure, let them kill her kid, the only other person you care about.

I mean, you have a right to be selfish too.

So is Walt pissed because Elliot and Gretchen said he did nothing for their company or is he pissed cause Todd and crew took his money and still making his meth?
Both. He sold his stake in the company for $5,000 and it went on to be worth billions. It mirriors his meth empire. He's always mentioning how it was his kids birthright that he gave away for nothing as well as squandering his own potential. Main reasons for why he was so adamant on building up the latter.

Walt Jr is such a dick, wow I never thought he would turn his personality around like that.
Yeah, I mean, he only thinks his dad killed his uncle as well as several other people while selling meth out their backdoor.

He has no right to be selfish like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
The way I saw it with Grey Matter was
He helped build the company and sold his stake in the company for $5k. They only said that he gave them the name. I think in the back of Walt's mind, NONE of this would have happened if he didn't sell. So, fuck it you know. Go on a rampage.

I loved the video montage at the end just to lead up to this Sunday. I ALMOST shed a tear.

I expected too much from this episode after last week's, but it was still good.

And god dammit Jesse how have you not learned your actions have consequences. They already threatened taking out Andrea and you pull that.

I think the end of the bar scene was about Walt reaching the point of no return and finally "breaking bad." Now the vengeance angle comes in play. His family and friends look at him as a bad guy. He might as well embrace it.

He tried to do the right thing by turning himself in and made his last plea to his son to let him help his family. Walt Jr. comes off as annoying because you probably still root for Walt and his son just wasn't helping. The show only dedicated an episode that expanded on the relationship between Hank and Walt Jr. seasons back so it's easy to forget but Walt Jr. was really close to Hank so it's supposed to be understandable that Walt Jr. hates his father now.

Overall the episode was okay but I expected a little letdown given how last week's episode played out. Really looking forward to how the final episode turns out.

The way I saw it with Grey Matter was
He helped build the company and sold his stake in the company for $5k. They only said that he gave them the name. I think in the back of Walt's mind, NONE of this would have happened if he didn't sell. So, fuck it you know. Go on a rampage.

I loved the video montage at the end just to lead up to this Sunday. I ALMOST shed a tear.
I don't really think you need to spoiler that but w/e...Why are we spoilering stuff from episodes that have aired? Don't come in the thread if you haven't watched the episode(s). Seems simple enough. Stuff from the finale I can understand but anything else I think is free game.

Walt being pissed about Gray Matter comes down to his quote from earlier in Season 5. He's not in the money making business. He's in the empire business. Think about it. In a lot of Walt's angry ranting he always take about what he did to get the meth business where it is. What he sacrificed. Who he killed. How much he worked to get where he is right now. For Gretchen and Elliot to slight him like that, it was the ultimate backhanded insult. It was a direct insult to Walt's pride. Remember in Season 1 or 2 when they go to Elliot's birthday party and Elliot talks about how he and Walt worked for months to start Gray Matter. Then there was a falling out between Walt and Gretchen. Walt sold his stake in the company and bought a house with Skylar. Ever since Gretchen and Walt had their fight in the restaurant he has hated them. Don't forget that Gretchen sold Walt out in the first place to Skylar by telling her that they weren't paying for his medical bills. Walt resents the fact that he could have been part of the empire with Gretchen and Elliot. Now he is/was the king of his own empire and he will strike down those that discredit him.

The end scene was awesome regardless of the meaning. Ultimately what it meant was that Walter White is no more. He has finally and completely broken bad and he is now Heisenberg. Hence the theme song to the show playing during that sequence. This was also highlighted by Gretchen saying that Walter White is no longer out there. The sweet, kind man they used to know is gone.

I spoiler stuff in case people JUST getting into Breaking Bad don't want episodes spoiled for them. It's the polite thing to do I think and I'll put spoiler tags just so people don't see it. I know if I just started to get into a show and saw a thread I'd have to check it out. So I think spoiler tags are nice.

Yeah, if you're just getting into a show, there's generally three places to avoid: the show's/actors' Wikipedia pages, its IMDB page, and threads dedicated to the show.

Also, I noticed they called Jr. Flynn when he got the phone call at school.

Yeah, if you're just getting into a show, there's generally three places to avoid: the show's/actors' Wikipedia pages, its IMDB page, and threads dedicated to the show.

Dean Norris retweeted some guy who was barely into season 3 calling him an asshole because he tweeted RIP hank and said something funny back

Yup. I still had Hank's death spoiled for me by some moron in the IGN comments on a post about The Killing being canceled.

For me, his death was spoiled by that awful "Talking Bad" show that plays in between the episode's two airings. I can't catch the earlier one, so I always watch the one that plays a couple hours later. I naturally switched over to AMC when the show was about to start, and Talking Bad was just wrapping up with the host talking to Hank's actor. "I'm so sorry that your character died" was the last thing he said before he turned the camera and said good night.

I really didn't care, I was just surprised they'd do something like that to the viewers who didn't catch a certain time slot.

he is pissed about grey matter because of his EGO. plain and simple. his ego is everything. family comes second. if family came first, he wouldnt of left the bar.

also, since the meth is blue, he knows jesse is still alive.

I think he's going to give Jesse the ricin after saving him and be like "yo put this in my coffee if you want to be the one to kill me, bitch. I'mma go to the bathroom."

Then he'll come back and Jesse will be gone and Walt will drink the coffee and then "Vince Gilligan" and we'll never know if Jesse used the ricin or not.

You guys don't have to watch the finale anymore.

You're welcome.

I'm a Walter White fan, my perfect ending would be this:

He kills Hanks wife.

Kills his "friends" at Grey Matter.

Rescues Pinkman

WW and Pinkman kill Jack and his... Homies.

WW and Jesse grab conveniently placed katanas on the ground and fight to the death in a spontaneous gladiator arena which... Has no transition, one frame they bend down to pick up their weapons and the other, just, ancient rome.

= )

I think he's going to give Jesse the ricin after saving him and be like "yo put this in my coffee if you want to be the one to kill me, bitch. I'mma go to the bathroom."

Then he'll come back and Jesse will be gone and Walt will drink the coffee and then "Vince Gilligan" and we'll never know if Jesse used the ricin or not.

You guys don't have to watch the finale anymore.

You're welcome.
Genius. I expect something like that.

4realz doe I did the 'cup my mouth over my hands' thing when Andrea died.

I don't even care about dat trick either.
I laughed almost too hard. Just pop! And dead. I hope Brock goes on some sort of Kill Bill style rampage.

Its a good thing Todd learned how to properly use a gun in this episode. Last episode he was shooting from his hip like an asshole.

Listening to the BS report and Sepinwall mentioned how much this final season parallels the shield, and I completely agree.

I loved the Shield. I was disappointed in how Vic didn't really get his revenge for Lem. I get the whole destructive personality parallelism between Vic/Walt and sometimes not having to be the trigger man to still destroy a person like Shane, but I would have preferred Vic to be the one to personally have taken him out. It's a shame the show was ending at the time of the writer's strike. They didn't get to direct the final episode as originally envisioned.

I loved the Shield. I was disappointed in how Vic didn't really get his revenge for Lem. I get the whole destructive personality parallelism between Vic/Walt and sometimes not having to be the trigger man to still destroy a person like Shane, but I would have preferred Vic to be the one to personally have taken him out. It's a shame the show was ending at the time of the writer's strike. They didn't get to direct the final episode as originally envisioned.

I thought the ending of The Shield was perfect. Over the years you become used to him getting away with it all and him winning, but they found a way for him to get what he wanted while still losing everything.

I thought the ending of The Shield was perfect. Over the years you become used to him getting away with it all and him winning, but they found a way for him to get what he wanted while still losing everything.

Yeah the ending was good. It's just Shawn Ryan never got to direct it like he was originally set out to do.

The Lem grenade scene still ranks up there as one the biggest WTF moments in TV history for me. Definitely did not see that coming. I was just like Indignate with the 'cup my hands over my mouth' moment. But for reals though.

Too bad it's going to be the last week of Breaking Bad anticipation. It was a great ride.

M6nGsJy.jpg

Heard about that couple of days ago. Very sad but also very powerful. Shows how  much of a true fan he was. 

Around season 3 or 4, I seriously used to worry that I'd die before I got to see how LOST would end and how all the mysteries would be solved. I'm glad I stuck around to see everything explained. :whistle2:?

Show had plenty of answers, they just weren't what people wanted.
I'll use this as an answer on my next final.

''This is an answer it may not be the answer you want but its an answer''

Brilliant.

bread's done
Back