Breaking Bad Appreciation Thread

Skyler called him Flynn when he locked himself in his room after they sent him to Hanks. I think she's called him that a few other times as well.

Was that bad editing or did I miss something? Gomie was behind  the truck last episode this episode hes dead like 2 feet from the truck

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the phone scene between Walt (edit) and Skylar will be misunderstood by a lot of people.  It was the ultimate show of love. 

Did you mean Walt and Skylar? If it was that, then I don't know how people misunderstood that scene. I thought it was pretty obvious what he was trying to do.

That was a great episode. Glad that shoot out from the episode before actually ended properly. Though I was also confused about Gomez and how he ended up in that position.

So is 52 year old Walt arming up to go save Jesse then?

I think the phone scene between Walt (edit) and Skylar will be misunderstood by a lot of people. It was the ultimate show of love.
Did you mean Walt and Skylar? If it was that, then I don't know how people misunderstood that scene. I thought it was pretty obvious what he was trying to do.
I thought so as first too, but I'm sure people who didn't get it right away got it when it showed him visibly breaking down as he was trying to keep the act together.

That was a great episode. Glad that shoot out from the episode before actually ended properly. Though I was also confused about Gomez and how he ended up in that position.
We didn't see the whole gun fight. Maybe he just walked out and got shot for some reason.

A death hasn't made me gasp like that since Brother Mouzone and Omar shot
Stringer Bell

I loved it when Walt rolled the barrel past his pants from the pilot.

A death hasn't made me gasp like that since Brother Mouzone and Omar shot
Stringer Bell

I loved it when Walt rolled the barrel past his pants from the pilot.

I miss the wire, damn good show.

Still waiting on the M60 to be used.

A lot of things still need to be wrapped up. Hope they can fit all of it in with only 2 episodes left.

I thought so as first too, but I'm sure people who didn't get it right away got it when it showed him visibly breaking down as he was trying to keep the act together.
That's a great point. Also, the director foreshadowed this scene at the beginning of the episode when a just getting started/whitey-tighty Walt calls Skyler in the same type of fashion, lying about why he would be coming home late from work.

You can see here that over the year or so that Walt has been "breaking bad" he's gotten better at lying and thinking on his feet. Him crying and selling himself out to protect her reinforces that he still loves his family and will never be the ruthless killer type (as opposed to Todd's neo-Nazi uncle, Tuco, and many the other "bad" characters in the previous seasons). His "bad" has for the most part been an act.

I really like the direction they are taking with the end of the series. Once again they set up a great twist for the end of the season. This whole season they've been focusing on the DEA and Walt, making it look like he's on the run from them. Now it looks like all those flash forward scenes revolve around Walt preparing to take revenge and protect his family. I can see him going after Todd's uncle to protect Skyler and his kids. As another CAG mentioned I can also see him using the Ricin on himself in the end.

And damn I hope Jesse survives the series. He's had the most fucked up shit happen to him throughout the series and if any character deserves to live it's him. This last episode was brutal with what Walt did to him.

All I know is that Skyler must die.

I prefer Walt to survive but that's obviously doubtful.
Walter Jr should die too. His mom attacks his dad with a knife so he calls the police on his DAD? Dick.

My guess is Walter overhears someone talking about blue meth while he is in Boston. He realizes the nazi family didnt kill Jesse so he buys that gun and goes back. He goes back, kills the nazis, frees Jesse and lets him live. Then he takes the Ricin he got from the house. He dies. The end.

Was that bad editing or did I miss something? Gomie was behind the truck last episode this episode hes dead like 2 feet from the truck
gomie didnt die in the last episode. he was still presumed alive before the start of this one.

also, im calling it now: lydia is going to think walt/skyler is a threat and will have walts whole family killed to bring him out. thus bringing in the m60 when he goes to town on the aryan brotherhood.

It wasn't meant to be a clean cut. Time passed between the credits and the intro. The gunfight itself wasn't the important event.

So gomie for whatever reason decided to jump out get shot and somehow whilst those nazi's hadn't moved their position hit hank in the leg? Whatever I'm over it

Cars aren't bulletproof, son. It's about time a show reflected that.

Rewatching the show now. Just finished One Minute. Some of the shit Hank went through in this show, man. Damn.

I GUESS, Can I reiterate how bad dexter is this season and the fact that showtime might want to do a season 9 is just sickening? Thank you.

I GUESS, Can I reiterate how bad dexter is this season and the fact that showtime might want to do a season 9 is just sickening? Thank you.
No shit man. I haven't watched last night's episode yet but this season is a huge pile of shit. I like how a show called Dexter is barely about Dexter in it's final season. This season has been about everyone but Dexter. It's about Deb being emo, that kid wanting to be Dexter, Dr. Vogel and her son, Masuka's daughter (what was the fucking point to this?) and now Hanna. This final season has had so much side shit going on it's fucking ridiculous, and almost none of it revolves completely around Dexter.

This show should be ending with Dexter fleeing the country because he's wanted or people figured him out or something about him. But no, it's about smuggling Hanna out. This show should have ended after the John Lithgow season, it's been complete shit ever since.

Breaking Bad has been fantastic every single episode, I couldn't ask more from a show.

I don't know the point of Vince's daughter, but she is hot. And her being of age on this show makes me feel a little less creepy for thinking she looked good on Friday Night Lights.

Was that bad editing or did I miss something? Gomie was behind the truck last episode this episode hes dead like 2 feet from the truck
The editing seemed a little off but since the opening of the scene had shown Hank and Gomie shot, we're basically told to fill in the time gap ourselves between the end of last week's episode and the opening of yesterday's. I think another purpose of having Gomie sprawled out like that was to setup Hank's final scene. He's crawling his way towards the gun and defiant all the way towards Jack and Hank. A part of me wanted some reconciliation between Hank and Walt since Walt was clearly begging for Hank's life but it was fitting to have Hank just being a man about it while knowing he was seconds away from his demise.

I said the same exact same thing. This season is more about closing the storylines with the shitty co-actors then it is about closing it with dexter. Two more episodes left or something and everything is still all peachy for dexter

The editing seemed a little off but since the opening of the scene had shown Hank and Gomie shot, we're basically told to fill in the time gap ourselves between the end of last week's episode and the opening of yesterday's. I think another purpose of having Gomie sprawled out like that was to setup Hank's final scene. He's crawling his way towards the gun and defiant all the way towards Jack and Hank. A part of me wanted some reconciliation between Hank and Walt since Walt was clearly begging for Hank's life but it was fitting to have Hank just being a man about it while knowing he was seconds away from his demise.
Yah ok that makes sense

By waiting 6 months until Game of Thrones comes back on.
I tried to give that show 4 episodes in Season 1 and I just still couldn't get into it. The show is huge right now but for a series that started off painfully slow, I just don't get it yet.

At first I was a little confused about the scene because I took it as him being angry at Skylar.

What's with the picture of Brock and his mom in the meth lab? Does that mean Todd and the gang are going to go after them now?

Walt bringing up Jane to Jesse before he was taken away was one of those "whoa" moments. To see Walt begging for Hank's life and lose his $70M all in a flash was sad to see. After everything he went through to earn that money, I felt sorry for him.

Yesterday was my favorite episode of the series so far. Can't wait to see how the final two play out.

At first I was a little confused about the scene because I took it as him being angry at Skylar.

What's with the picture of Brock and his mom in the meth lab? Does that mean Todd and the gang are going to go after them now?

Walt bringing up Jane to Jesse before he was taken away was one of those "whoa" moments. To see Walt begging for Hank's life and lose his $70M all in a flash was sad to see. After everything he went through to earn that money, I felt sorry for him.

Yesterday was my favorite episode of the series so far. Can't wait to see how the final two play out.
The picture was a "hey, we know who these people are and where they live make us blue meth plz" type of deal.

More than 4 hours? Seriously? :/
No. If you didn't like the first episode, then don't bother.

It's clearly not for you.

I really wanted to like it because two shows I kept hearing about were Walking Dead and Game of Thrones.  I got hooked on Walking Dead after hearing about it so I figured I'd at least be patient with Game of Thrones but nope. 

I really wanted to like it because two shows I kept hearing about were Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. I got hooked on Walking Dead after hearing about it so I figured I'd at least be patient with Game of Thrones but nope.
I don't know what to tell you then I guess don't watch it

Everyone on the Skylar hate wagon obviously doesn't get it.

And as far as Dexter goes, the show's greatest offense this season has been characters being swayed so easy to just advance the plot and tie everything up. A lot of it is just dumb. But if you think it's not about dexter, it's all about dexter. And the fact you can try to mold any psychopath into dexter. Dexter is an idea and an experiment, the season has been solely about that at it's core.

But I digress cause this thread is about Breaking Bad and these last 6 episodes have been easily the finest television I have ever seen in my life. Brilliance all around.

Doesn't get what? I still hate Skylar and I'm still rooting for Walt. I was on the imdb boards and found a funny post and sorta thought about it and it made a little sense in a way with the way Todd is.
Todd put the picture up to cheer Jessie up

bread's done
Back