Breaking Bad Appreciation Thread

Yeah losing Mike sucks he was def the best character on the show now we got whiny/cunty skylar and pouty jesse to deal with

[quote name='Anexanhume']The conversation afterwards kind of epitomizes Walt's selfishness and clouded judgement.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that was sort of funny and sad at the same time. "Oh shit, I didn't have to shoot you, I feel so bad since I could have got the information from Lydia." I wonder if that was him actually feeling bad about doing something wrong, or simply a facade to make himself feel better to watch a man die.

I was so sad when
Mike was just sitting there and said to Walt "Shut the fuck up and let me die peacefully" I loved Mike since they first introduced him

SADLY, I Think Walt's plan for the prisoners is going to back fire hugely like it always does and it will be his demise next year. Good thing is, We still have Saul and Todd......typing that, I have a good theory for the ending now.

Prediction for the next episode:
Hank discovers who Hiesenburg really is. Jesse gets pissed at Walt.
Episode ends. Then we wait a year. Man, that sucks.

[quote name='Kidd Mischief']Prediction for the next episode:
Hank discovers who Hiesenburg really is. Jesse gets pissed at Walt.
Episode ends. Then we wait a year. Man, that sucks.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I don't think Hank will discover this soon. I see Walt getting Mikes legacy members killed and it back firing somehow. Honestly, I think Tod is going to have a huge role next season and maybe even go after Jesse and a few others.

[quote name='IanKazimer']So pissed right now. Like most, I knew it had to happen, but god damnit.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly how the writers want us all to feel; it's perfect.

I thought they already said this was going to be the final season. What's this talk about "I'll be that happens next season"?

Edit: Oh! Sonofabitch!!

"The first half premiered on July 15, 2012, with a plot based around .... The second half of the split season is scheduled to premiere in summer 2013"

I predict that something happens between Skylar and Jesse. Just to spite Walt.

Also, Todd turns informant and brings down Walt's empire. Or they have a shoot-out and kill each other, old-west style. He's taking way too many notes to just learn how to cook. Plus, his reluctance to "talk money" is foreshadowing, I feel.

What the heck happens with Mike's granddaughter now? That money in the safe deposit is gone, and she's got no guardian.

[quote name='shieryda']I predict that something happens between Skylar and Jesse. Just to spite Walt.

Also, Todd turns informant and brings down Walt's empire. Or they have a shoot-out and kill each other, old-west style. He's taking way too many notes to just learn how to cook. Plus, his reluctance to "talk money" is foreshadowing, I feel.

What the heck happens with Mike's granddaughter now? That money in the safe deposit is gone, and she's got no guardian.[/QUOTE]

There's 2 things that could happen with Todd... it's either he's an informant or he has a big role and has something to do with Walt killing the rest of Mikes men in prison. Remember how Todd's uncle has prison connections?

[quote name='shieryda']
What the heck happens with Mike's granddaughter now? That money in the safe deposit is gone, and she's got no guardian.[/QUOTE]

She has a mom. I remember him dropping her off in an earlier season. Also, in the last episode he said "Don't tell your mom" as he bought her ice cream.

I believe the money is still they're. The money that the lawyer was putting in the deposit boxes were for the crew. Mike's cut was already out.

[quote name='Kidd Mischief']She has a mom. I remember him dropping her off in an earlier season. Also, in the last episode he said "Don't tell your mom" as he bought her ice cream.

I believe the money is still they're. The money that the lawyer was putting in the deposit boxes were for the crew. Mike's cut was already out.[/QUOTE]

The note mike left said to give it on her 18th birthday, so most likely the DEA took all the money. The lady also had a record of which safety deposit boxes the lawyer had access to.

I forgot about Todd's Jail connection. I just feel he is going to have a huge role coming soon for some reason. What color does he wear all the time? Then we can delve deeper.

I had very strong likes/dislikes to recent episodes.

I really like how Mike went out and Walter's role in it. The way they wrote those characters, it's the only way for it to go down with Walt coming on top: Walt had to take the coward's role. Had they gone toe-to-toe and Walt triumphed, that would have disappointed me the way some people are disappointed now by Mike parting ways (which I understand, but we knew it was coming).

I really dislike Walt's "Classic Coke" hard sell to Declan, the guy who represents "the other guys" in the meth game. I dislike even more that the writers try to address the bullshit by having Declan say, "Why don't I just shoot you?" which is EXACTLY what he should have done. There's no explanation for this. It's not that I'm unwilling to suspend disbelief -- we've done it more than enough in this show. But if a high school chem teacher can take down a drug kingpin through an elaborate improvised bomb in a goddamn oldfolks home, why the shit can't one drug dealer simply shoot another?

I mean, I know the reason Why in terms of the arc of the show, but that situation was just too much. Walt's response was such bullshit: you're saving your life preaching about "quality" like some fucking door-to-door vacuum salesman? Give me a break. Just fucking cap him there. If I was Mike in that scene, I would've shot Walt and said to Declan, "Whelp, guess you get all thousand gallons after all. Nice doin bidness." Really stupid moment in an otherwise good show.

Mike didn't know where the chemicals were. I guess eventually he could have tracked them down but that always makes for good television.

[quote name='dothog'] If I was Mike in that scene, I would've shot Walt and said to Declan, "Whelp, guess you get all thousand gallons after all. Nice doin bidness." Really stupid moment in an otherwise good show.[/QUOTE]

Except Mike had no idea where the methylamine was.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Except Mike had no idea where the methylamine was.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess I didn't see that as an obstacle. You can't hide 1000 gallons of something behind a wall outlet. As GUNMM says, it would have turned up. I'm not attacking the show necessarily -- this was just a very weak means of giving Walt the upper-hand against Jesse/Mike.

And that was just an aside to the larger point, which is screw cola flavors and somebody cap Walt already. Between Declan and Mike, the fact that it didn't get done is beyond explanation, it's just a sign of the writers not being able to cook up something more believable. I understand they needed to situate Walt among the competition, but the scene they came up with was too much. Just shoot him already.

Finding out he's a TPIR goof is the cherry on the sundae. The fact that he acts like a complete douche back when with Bob makes him somehow less douchy after the fact. I love it.

I think it's gonna be Jesse that rats Walt out to Hank. Just shows up at Hank's door one episode or something like that. Tells him all that shit that connects the dots all the way back to the mobile meth lab equipment being taken from Walt's supply room at the school.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I think it's gonna be Jesse that rats Walt out to Hank. Just shows up at Hank's door one episode or something like that. Tells him all that shit that connects the dots all the way back to the mobile meth lab equipment being taken from Walt's supply room at the school.[/QUOTE]
That would be a cop out to me. Not to mention reminds me too much of The Shield's ending

Hank's smart enough to connect the dots on his own. He doesn't need Jesse to rat Walt out. I think he'll eventually come across something that will put everything into retrospective and he'll be able to track it all the way back to the gas mask and Walt's odd behavior.

[quote name='MrHyde']Hank's smart enough to connect the dots on his own. He doesn't need Jesse to rat Walt out. I think he'll eventually come across something that will put everything into retrospective and he'll be able to track it all the way back to the gas mask and Walt's odd behavior.[/QUOTE]

If he hasn't figured it all out by now, I doubt he ever will on his own.

I think Walt's hubris will be his downfall.

He will do something that was unnecessary and will end up getting him caught.

I'm hoping they flash forward again this Sunday

I several months back watched the first two episodes of this show on Netflix and was not crazy for it. Last night I decided to give it another shot and watched the next 2 and I liked them more. I still think the starting premise of this show is completely ludicrous, but there are some good scenes and things happening in here. Will watch more.

[quote name='crunchewy']I several months back watched the first two episodes of this show on Netflix and was not crazy for it. Last night I decided to give it another shot and watched the next 2 and I liked them more. I still think the starting premise of this show is completely ludicrous, but there are some good scenes and things happening in here. Will watch more.[/QUOTE]
I've felt about the same way. Going to give it til the end of the first season to decide if I want to keep watching.

Wow, nobody else is blown away by the TPIR thing? He got to the Showcase Showdown! That's the kind of accomplishment you stick on a CV. He met Bob.

No wonder he went onto great things. Truly he is blessed.

Real question is, would Hank even believe Jessie? The hatred for each other is pretty intense between those two. Honestly, I think it's going to be one of three people. Skylar, Jessie, and Todd.

Totally buying this shirt...

fc,550x550,navy.jpg

[quote name='GUNNM']Really walter is gonna get caught because of a fucking book?[/QUOTE]

Seems a little silly to me. Walt eluded suspicion all of this time and this will be what gets him?

bread's done
Back