Breaking news in regard to Osama bin Laden--HE'S DEAD!

[quote name='VipFREAK']I'm stumped... We are all "overjoyed" the guy is dead, but we'll bury his body at sea... ?[/QUOTE]

Apparently its Islamic culture for a person to be buried 24 hours after a persons death. And according to reports, it was difficult to find a country who'll want to bury him so they buried him at sea. I call bull.

Obama doesn't want any shit coming from Islamic groups. I'm guessing thats the reason why they did it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the burial at sea was because no country wanted to bury him. It was thought that his body might be used as a religious symbol. I'm just wondering how long till people want to see the pictures that were taken as prof.

[quote name='sendme']I don't think the burial at sea was because no country wanted to bury him. It was thought that his body might be used as a religious symbol. I'm just wondering how long till people want to see the pictures that were taken as prof.[/QUOTE]

Guess I didn't make myself clear. I meant to say the country thing is bull and the reason why he was buried at sea is to stay clear from any backlash from Islamic communities.

But of course, that's just my opinion.

mission_accomplished.jpeg

[quote name='neocisco']You were wrong to assume because I did laugh, you just didn't know it. Your bloviating post attempting to justify your assumption is saturated with fail.[/QUOTE]

The image used a comedic device of overstating the situation. Everyone knows Obama did not take 3 years to release his long form birth certificate because he was too busy trying to kill Osama. Furthermore everyone knows Obama did not personally kill Osama and likely only authorized the missions that resulted in Osama's death. The act of killing Osama is seemingly of much greater importance than releasing Obama's long form birth certificate. Therefore Obama could use it as a trump card (no pun intended) over the lingering questions of why it took him so long to release that long form birth certificate, which would effectively silence those who called for the release of his long form birth certificate. People laugh, in part, because it is satisfying to see birthers get a small degree of comeuppance, even if it is just in a joke. People laugh in part because the overstatement of Obama perhaps personally killing Osama is humorous.

Yet you still felt the need to reply directly to the image and say "Only problem is, aside from giving the order to go into Pakistan, he really had nothing to do with the actual execution of the operation." To which I said above, and to which I essentially said before: No shit. If your intent was to just say, generally speaking to this entire situation, that Obama is taking too much credit for Osama's death, then that would be something different. But your direct reply to the joke and commentary on the joke's punchline indicates that is not the case. You went as far as to say there was a problem with the joke's punchline.

If someone made a joke about a show on NBC - a network with notoriously low ratings at the moment - and the punchline was "...For all 5 of you tuned into NBC right now" and I replied to the joke stating "Only problem is, NBC actually has millions of viewers tuned in right now rather than 5, they just have millions of viewers less than the other networks they are directly competing with," that statement attempts to diminish the full effect of the joke while I seemingly miss or ignore the point that the understatement that was used for comedic effect. Such a reply is clearly indicative of a poor sense of humor.

Saying there is a problem with the funny Obama image because the punch line was overstated rather than factually correct is an indication you have a poor sense of humor. Apparently my prior use of "no sense of humor" was too strong, because you claim to have laughed at something in the image. I highly doubt you laughed at the punchline because you were bothered by it enough that you had to reply and point out its factually imprecise and overstated nature. Call this reply bloviating if you want, but I've now admitted I was wrong to say you had "no" sense of humor instead of a "poor" sense of humor. Meanwhile, your initial reply to the image trying to take the air out of the joke's punch line still stands as rather lame and indicative of a poor sense of humor, regardless of what part of the image and joke you actually got a laugh out of.

[quote name='ShockandAww']This is such a fucked up world.[/QUOTE]

the more i read on the internets, the more I agree with this.

Some of the opinions on this forum make me question whether some people have more than 3 brain cells to rub together. Luckily, this story will die down soon and all the political bullshit will be out of the OT forum.

According to CNN, there was a firefight. Someone used a woman as a human shield. Bin Laden was shot in the head.

Black Ops, anyone?

[quote name='seanr1221']According to CNN, there was a firefight. Someone used a woman as a human shield. Bin Laden was shot in the head.

Black Ops, anyone?[/QUOTE]

Human shield? Marcus Fenix.

09fM7.jpg
Might be a repost, might not.

[quote name='perdition(troy']It's a little creepy seeing people "celebrating" in the streets.[/QUOTE]

It really is honestly. Somewhat appalling really. This changes nothing. We're no safer now than we were before.

[quote name='perdition(troy']It's a little creepy seeing people "celebrating" in the streets.[/QUOTE]

Damn I thought I was the only one who thought this. Everyone on facebook is celebrating and I just keep wondering why we celebrate death. Death death death death.

It's cathartic for a lot of people. Catharsis by its nature is generally irrational.

I'm not 100% sure what to think, honestly. There are some really hilarious jokes springing up, but I don't feel that bad laughing at them.

Personally, I think killing the guy was an utterly ass backwards strategic move.

Unless the U.S. and its allies are up to date on every possible terrorist act the guy was planning, he was more useful to use alive rather than dead.

If anything, having been killed by a US Spec Ops soldier, troop morale should receive a bit of a boost.

I could care regardless... I'm just happy that the people who had friends and family murdered because of bin Laden's "plans," now have some sense of closure.

Sadly enough, this won't change anything but make us feel good.

They're so organized that attacks and the terrorists will still continue on.

I can't wait for the ultra-liberals in Porland to be wringing their hands and upset over the fact he was killed instead of captured.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Damn I thought I was the only one who thought this. Everyone on facebook is celebrating and I just keep wondering why we celebrate death. Death death death death.[/QUOTE]

Why do we celebrate birth then? It's another mouth to feed, another problem in the world, another could-be-terrorist, etc. Having a man with evil intentions meet his death prematurely seems like a good thing to celebrate IMO. (I wouldn't celebrate in the streets, but I've done it in my head.)

[quote name='sonicsam']Why do we celebrate birth then? It's another mouth to feed, another problem in the world, another could-be-terrorist, etc. Having a man with evil intentions meet his death prematurely seems like a good thing to celebrate IMO. (I wouldn't celebrate in the streets, but I've done it in my head.)[/QUOTE]

You need to learn what perspective is.

Also, I don't celebrate birth. :bouncy:

somebody correct me....dont get me wrong. im glad hes dead. but i wonder if hes going to get the last laugh..probably will be a while from now.

[quote name='dafoomie']I don't care what you people think, most of you weren't that old when 9/11 happened. A mass murderer got what he deserved, today is a great day.[/QUOTE]
I was 26 when 9/11 happened and I remember walking to work that day after seeing what had happened in the morning while I was still asleep and just being shocked by how quiet it was with all of the planes grounded.:whistle2:#

[quote name='dafoomie']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2NU98NZF8o

I don't care what you people think, most of you weren't that old when 9/11 happened. A mass murderer got what he deserved, today is a great day.[/QUOTE]
That's a really stupid line of reasoning to use to discount someone else's opinion on the matter, especially since you have no idea if that's true or not :/

[quote name='aptanor']That's a really stupid line of reasoning to use to discount someone else's opinion on the matter, especially since you have no idea if that's true or not :/[/QUOTE]
There are a lot of stupid opinions here and I don't particularly want to refute all of them. Regardless, the suggestion that I should feel sympathy for a mass murderer or that I shouldn't celebrate his death are ridiculous.

Yeah, this isn't going to end international terrorism... No shit! This is about justice and revenge. This cocksucker is responsible for the deaths of over 3000 Americans and thousands of innocent Muslims, it looked like he would escape justice but he finally got his.

I have absolutely no reservations about celebrating the death of one of the most evil men in the world who is responsible for the death of more Americans than any man alive. If this troubles anyone, I think you need to reevaluate your perspective. We've celebrated the deaths of everyone from King George to the Wicked Witch of the East.

[quote name='2DMention']All the conspiracists will call bullshit unless they see a picture of his dead body.

Why won't they show his dead body?[/QUOTE]

Because then they'll say it's fake. Do DNA, they'll say it matches cause it's from the same sample. It would do absolutely nothing but offend people that don't think a body should be shown. Are we so sadistic that we want to see a dead body?

[quote name='dafoomie']There are a lot of stupid opinions here and I don't particularly want to refute all of them. Regardless, the suggestion that I should feel sympathy for a mass murderer or that I shouldn't celebrate his death are ridiculous.

Yeah, this isn't going to end international terrorism... No shit! This is about justice and revenge. This cocksucker is responsible for the deaths of over 3000 Americans and thousands of innocent Muslims, it looked like he would escape justice but he finally got his.

I have absolutely no reservations about celebrating the death of one of the most evil men in the world who is responsible for the death of more Americans than any man alive. If this troubles anyone, I think you need to reevaluate your perspective. We've celebrated the deaths of everyone from King George to the Wicked Witch of the East.[/QUOTE]
But is getting your revenge worth making the situation even worse? There is going to be backlash from this, I'm almost certain of that. I'm not not happy to see him bite the dust, I just don't feel like there's anything to celebrate, since this is only going to cause more bloodshed.

[quote name='aptanor']But is getting your revenge worth making the situation even worse? There is going to be backlash from this, I'm almost certain of that. I'm not not happy to see him bite the dust, I just don't feel like there's anything to celebrate, since this is only going to cause more bloodshed.[/QUOTE]
Would you suggest that we leave him alone in order to appease the Islamists? I don't think his death will cause them to have any additional capability or motivation than they had before. Their ideology hasn't changed. If anything the pendulum has swung the other way with the Arab Spring, without Bin Laden they are in a far worse position to sway young Arabs away from trying to build democracies and into blowing themselves up on his behalf.

If they launch a series of hastily prepared attacks as retaliation for Bin Laden, the blood shed will be theirs. 9/11 took years of careful planning in a lax security environment, they no longer have the capability or the inclination to be that patient when there are armed Americans outside their door.

The day after the news was announced my math teacher went behind the whiteboard and put a towel and headband around his head and said 'hey gaiz they didnt catch me i'm right here'. :lol:

Nothing more then a political stunt really, without any factual evidence of his body or video its just nothing more then words. U.S government lies to us all the time this isn't a surprise to me.

[quote name='neocisco']Yeah, they probably filmed it in the same studio where they filmed the "moon landing".[/QUOTE]

You could not be any more wrong, it's so funny.

They filmed that in the Arizona desert.

[quote name='2DMention']All the conspiracists will call bullshit unless they see a picture of his dead body.

Why won't they show his dead body?[/QUOTE]

Because it sounds like he was shot in the chest (through a human shield) and then given an extra shot in the face as a final "fuck you." They buried him at sea to both satisfy Muslim tradition of being buried ASAP, and so there would be no Jim Morrisonlike shrine for his loyalists to flock to. So showing pictures of him all shot to shit would just make us look like butchers and give them all something to print out and put on protest banners. Basically it's all a propaganda prevention method, to minimize how much of a martyr he becomes. To have him the most wanted man on the planet for a decade with a $25 million dollar reward for death or capture, and then after we get him to try and get the world to believe he was nobody of importance. Just some bad guy that died, "Nothing more to see here folks, move along."

After Saddam's sons were shown, it sparked a lot of debate that it was a double standard to get all fired up over things like Middle Eastern networks airing Nick Berg's beheading and then showing pictures of Saddam's sons on Western networks as a display of victory.

[quote name='Anexanhume']You could not be any more wrong, it's so funny.

They filmed that in the Arizona desert.[/QUOTE]

Area 52?

:censored::censored::censored:

Say wha... ? You let a top secret "stealth" helicopter get exposed to foreigners? Maybe China that is trying to build Stealth aircraft?

NICE...

bread's done
Back