Breaking news in regard to Osama bin Laden--HE'S DEAD!

:rofl: On CNN just now, Wolf was interviewing some New York firefighter from 9/11. The firefighter started talking how he hopes Osama's death means the slowing down of military operations and the end of the quagmire, and Wolf is like, "I'm going to have to cut you off, I think we're losing you" when you could clearly still hear the firefighter. Typical. :roll:

[quote name='KingBroly']Today? Maybe I'm wrong, but that seems a bit quick to make a call about this. Perhaps he made a mistake about it.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure when it's the president calling, they process that dna test very quickly.

[quote name='neocisco']Good points being made about how long he was in Pakistan and how he was able to stay hidden for so long.[/QUOTE]
Well, there's no saying exactly how long he was in Pakistan or how long he was at that compound.

Edit: Just heard that this compound was built in 2005 specifically for the purpose of hiding someone.

[quote name='VipFREAK']:yawn:[/QUOTE]
Second'd.

Is it wrong to not really give a shit about someone who Bush-it II initially started the hunt for a looooooong time ago and just NOW got magically "killed"?

Call me anti-American if you want, but big news to me would be ending all of the other problems America has(like homelessness, people being unemployed, people not having enough to eat).

fuck bin Laden. He's dead now. So let's dismantle the Homeland Insecurity department(while combining all operations/employees of the agency under the CIA/FBI), get rid of the Patriot Act and exile/deport Bush II while we're at it.

I'll say the same thing I said to some friends about this: It's far more insignificant than anyone will admit, it's another headline. This reaction a product of all the propaganda that has surrounded Bin Laden and "terrorism" for ten years now, and it's rather frightening to see how well it has worked. My Facebook is currently blowing up right now. You'd think the troops are coming home tomorrow.

Unfortunately, you will still be groped and/or seen naked at the airport and Wikileaks will still be a criminal organization in the morning. Carry on with your lives.

KDssc.jpg

Taken from the SA thread.

[quote name='Beatofficer']
KDssc.jpg

Taken from the SA thread.[/QUOTE]

Only problem is, aside from giving the order to go into Pakistan, he really had nothing to do with the actual execution of the operation.

[quote name='Rocko']Unfortunately, you will still be groped and/or seen naked at the airport [/QUOTE]

I usually pay extra for the groping.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Second'd.

Is it wrong to not really give a shit about someone who Bush-it II initially started the hunt for a looooooong time ago and just NOW got magically "killed"?

Call me anti-American if you want, but big news to me would be ending all of the other problems America has(like homelessness, people being unemployed, people not having enough to eat).

fuck bin Laden. He's dead now. So let's dismantle the Homeland Insecurity department(while combining all operations/employees of the agency under the CIA/FBI), get rid of the Patriot Act and exile/deport Bush II while we're at it.[/QUOTE]

I think this is more significant to those who lost someone in the 9/11 attacks than anyone else. I wouldn't say he "magically" got killed either, but I guess it depends on what you want to believe.

I agree though, we have a lot of problems here on our own soil. I'm trying to be positive into thinking that this will be the beginning of America actually doing something about those problems. This is a huge cost in our budget and now we can step away from it.

[quote name='CreepinDeth']I agree though, we have a lot of problems here on our own soil. I'm trying to be positive into thinking that this will be the beginning of America actually doing something about those problems. This is a huge cost in our budget and now we can step away from it.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that. Even the media doesn't want to say this, because there's a possibility of retaliation for killing Osama.

I was a little indifferent about it myself. I personally think the economy is a bigger issue, and not just in the US.

The random images in the thread are awesome though.

[quote name='elessar123']I don't know about that. Even the media doesn't want to say this, because there's a possibility of retaliation for killing Osama.

I was a little indifferent about it myself. I personally think the economy is a bigger issue, and not just in the US.

The random images in the thread are awesome though.[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't think it's something that's going to be immediate. There is always going to be a threat as long as people hate America, but as far as I remember, Osama's numbers have been dwindling. It's been a while since I've followed the news though.

The economy is definitely a must-fix issue at the moment. I'm hoping this news will help in that regard, in that we don't spend as much on military down the road. Or I could just be naive.

[quote name='CreepinDeth']I think this is more significant to those who lost someone in the 9/11 attacks than anyone else. I wouldn't say he "magically" got killed either, but I guess it depends on what you want to believe.

I agree though, we have a lot of problems here on our own soil. I'm trying to be positive into thinking that this will be the beginning of America actually doing something about those problems. This is a huge cost in our budget and now we can step away from it.[/QUOTE]
The only way to alleviate those problems is to have a second American Revolution and dump the current bunch of career politicians we have in Washington, preferably into a shark tank that's been chummed heavily.;)

Many of them are likely in the pockets of lobbyists and only out for one person: THEMSELVES .

So outside of starting anew I just don't see how this country can do anything but slog forward towards it's own oblivion as it has been for over 200 years.

Between the healthcare lobby that keeps the insurance prices so sky high that most cannot afford it(and will be in violation of the healthcare reform law once that goes into effect) to the slimeballs in the oil industry to any other big lobby group I missed, they should all be flushed too.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Many of them are likely in the pockets of lobbyists and only out for one person: THEMSELVES .

So outside of starting anew I just don't see how this country can do anything but slog forward towards it's own oblivion as it has been for over 200 years.

Between the healthcare lobby that keeps the insurance prices so sky high that most cannot afford it(and will be in violation of the healthcare reform law once that goes into effect) to the slimeballs in the oil industry to any other big lobby group I missed, they should all be flushed too.[/QUOTE]

Even the defense industry. Many generals retire and become lobbyists for whatever private company hires them on. Obviously conflicts of interest. http://www.usatoday.com/news/military/2010-02-01-mentors_N.htm

Japan's energy sector isn't much better, from a recent crackdown showing the government watchdogs leave their government positions and are hired by the energy companies.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...hurLBA?docId=b32a81570fec4f9f964f8759c6231283

Average earnings in the US dropped in the last 2 decades, and that's not taking into account of inflation.

We really are a world controlled by like

[quote name='KingBroly']Jack Bauer went into hiding for a reason. Now we know.[/QUOTE]

Bah. Leroy Jethro Gibbs found his ass. Or Jonas Blane.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Bah. Leroy Jethro Gibbs found his ass. Or Jonas Blane.[/QUOTE]

Cool Breeze and Betty Blue had his 6.

[quote name='neocisco']Only problem is, aside from giving the order to go into Pakistan, he really had nothing to do with the actual execution of the operation.[/QUOTE]

Only problem is, you have no sense of humor.

C'mon Obama doesn't deserve all the credit for killing Osama either directly or long term but that image is hilarious in light of recent events.

[quote name='kodave']Only problem is, you have no sense of humor.

C'mon Obama doesn't deserve all the credit for killing Osama either directly or long term but that image is hilarious in light of recent events.[/QUOTE]

Who said I didn't have a laugh at the image? That's just an assumption you made, an incorrect one.

[quote name='panzerfaust']

i wish we would have captured him. dying is boring =[[/QUOTE]

The debate over what to do with him and the potential call for a trial on US soil would have been incredibly dangerous, drawn out and costly. Dead was a much better option in his case.

It sounds like he was living it up in a custom built compound in a fairly populated area.

[quote name='nateeasy29']
1UCUS.jpg
[/QUOTE]

uh oh... Bin Laden must have been playing his PS Triple when they got him.
Thank you SONY for distracting him!

Close to 10 years and hundreds of billions of dollars later, with billions more in interest payments to come........we got him.

Yeah.....we rock.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The only way to alleviate those problems is to have a second American Revolution and dump the current bunch of career politicians we have in Washington, preferably into a shark tank that's been chummed heavily.;)

Many of them are likely in the pockets of lobbyists and only out for one person: THEMSELVES .

Between the healthcare lobby that keeps the insurance prices so sky high that most cannot afford it(and will be in violation of the healthcare reform law once that goes into effect) to the slimeballs in the oil industry to any other big lobby group I missed, they should all be flushed too.[/QUOTE]

I've been hopelessly hoping that it wouldn't come to a full-fledged revolution, but there is a massive amount of incompetent, corrupt people running this country. I guess we'll see what happens once Obama's term is up.

Would have rather had him caught alive, but this works for me too. Now, let's focus making this the best week ever. What's Monday have in store for us?

His death in and of itself wasn't really all that important, the group(s) all over the world who have been actually carrying out what it is he stood for are still at large and just as active as they were yesterday, the day before, the day before, etc. Maybe even more so since they were more or less just handed a martyr. People are only excited because his death makes them feel like there will be one less of "them," they're happy to see an evil authority figure removed, whether they realize it actually has little to no impact or not.

[quote name='aptanor']His death in and of itself wasn't really all that important, the group(s) all over the world who have been actually carrying out what it is he stood for are still at large and just as active as they were yesterday, the day before, the day before, etc. Maybe even more so since they were more or less just handed a martyr. People are only excited because his death makes them feel like there will be one less of "them," they're happy to see an evil authority figure removed, whether they realize it actually has little to no impact or not.[/QUOTE]

Do you think it might've impacted some plans for future attacks? I'd like to think this is a major setback for al qaeda but I wouldn't be surprised if it just made them stronger.

Osama dying was a loss. I'm an american who absolutely despises American foreign policy. It takes some serious balls to stand up to the worlds strongest super power. In retrospect the loss of life during 9/11 was a fraction of what the loss of life that happened afterwards funded by American tax money and the tax money of our children's children. Yea he was an asshole that went about shit the wrong way but theres not much room in the "system" for change without doing some absolutely ridiculous shit.

[quote name='gavincoolguy']Osama dying was a loss. I'm an american who absolutely despises American foreign policy. It takes some serious balls to stand up to the worlds strongest super power. In retrospect the loss of life during 9/11 was a fraction of what the loss of life that happened afterwards funded by American tax money and the tax money of our children's children. Yea he was an asshole that went about shit the wrong way but theres not much room in the "system" for change without doing some absolutely ridiculous shit.[/QUOTE]

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Granted, bin Laden was a scumbag. But we made him into what he was anyway.

You can't label people terrorists and then act insulted when they don't send a representative to the table. Like with the Taliban, where they were pretty much simply a fanatical religious group that primarily abused women, and overnight were propagandized into some sort of badass guerrilla military outfit right out of a Tom Clancy novel.

[quote name='neocisco']Who said I didn't have a laugh at the image? That's just an assumption you made, an incorrect one.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it was wrong to assume you didn't laugh at the image because instead of saying "That was funny" or something equivalent, you had to point out that he didn't actually kill Osama and merely gave an order or a "go ahead" for highly trained government operatives to carry out the killing. ORLY? Because I'm sure everyone thought that image was 100% factually correct and Obama personally killed Osama, hence he was busy doing that and didn't have time to release his long form birth certificate for 3 years. :roll: Part of the humor of the image is the fact that Obama is saying he killed Osama, and to technically correct that diminishes the humorous value of the image.

I hate when people even associate Osama's fucked up idea of radicalism and horrible acts of violence with Islam. People if your gonna insult the dirt bag good for nothing prick please keep the words Muslim and Islam out of the sentence.

Thank you!

[quote name='kodave']I don't think it was wrong to assume you didn't laugh at the image because instead of saying "That was funny" or something equivalent, you had to point out that he didn't actually kill Osama and merely gave an order or a "go ahead" for highly trained government operatives to carry out the killing. ORLY? Because I'm sure everyone thought that image was 100% factually correct and Obama personally killed Osama, hence he was busy doing that and didn't have time to release his long form birth certificate for 3 years. :roll: Part of the humor of the image is the fact that Obama is saying he killed Osama, and to technically correct that diminishes the humorous value of the image.[/QUOTE]

You were wrong to assume because I did laugh, you just didn't know it. Your bloviating post attempting to justify your assumption is saturated with fail.

The thing is that he was a Islamist, albeit a radical one.

Anyways, I'm a bit disappointed they buried him at sea in traditional Muslim fashion. I wish we had just fed him to the sharks.

bread's done
Back