Brick & Mortar Deal/Sale of the Year 2008

Hollywood Video, best Cash:Credit flip ratio I've ever seen. That sale made me happy. In my pants. Because my wallet is in my pants.

As I don't flip, I have to go with the Blockbuster/GameRush: Buy 1 Under $15, Get 1 Free deal. Oblivion: GOTY and GTA 4, both for a mere $14.99 was made of solid win to me. :twisted:

Cheapy you failed me. How could you not include the free 100$ gift card at walmart with any bluray player back when metal gear 4 came out? I nominated it and so did a few other CAGs....

TRU Rock Band 2 because it was crazy that it was so cheap. Most places also would price match!

I would have said HW deal but got little out of that deal.

Radio Shack fails because of terrible customer service at most locations.

The B2G1 was great and helped build up credit but was rather frequent.

I picked the Rockband 2 kit from TRU, I wanted to shoot myself in the foot for picking it up earlier, haha.

Of the deals that I did take advantage of, I thought the Meijer DS games I got for $10 each were a great deal, as well as scoring a few new PS3 games for $25. But I guess this isn't a very well known store around the US :p

Done.

The one I thought would be it wasn't even an option (a Target deal that I guess is looked down upon?).

So between b2g1, I choose TRU instead of GS ONLY because the TRU deal is on new games but for me really its a tie.

Conns

Xbox 360 Arcade Holiday Bundle jasper with Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar Kit = $150+ tax

xbox 360 + guitar hero world tour kit = $300 + tax

HWV $3.99 deal, even if I was late to the party. Still more than doubled my original investment of cash into EBGamestop TIV and let me buy more games than I deserved during the 2008 holiday season. Thanks!

I didn't actually get the Rock Band deal, but that has to be the best deal listed up there. I used the EB games Buy 2 get one free though, but my vote still goes to Rock Band at Toys R Us.

bread's done
Back